[Open, 3/?] New Year, New Man ... er,

This areas in between the various buildings of the Academy. Perfect for relaxing!
Kailyn Keison
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotalinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

"Wheeeee!" Kailyn shot out of the airship door that she'd just yanked open like a rocket, in no way hindered by something as trivial as the few hundred feet remaining between the ship and the landing platform. She'd finally made it to her new school, and she was not about to waste any time getting to know the place, especially since more than a few of her fellow students had been on campus for nearly a week already.

Unfortunately, she hadn't bothered to actually look at the platform before launching herself at it, and so while she was able to prevent herself from completely flattening the unfortunate student in her flight path, she was unable to stop herself from colliding with them, sending them both tumbling to the ground.

"My bad my bad my bad," she said hastily as she handsprung back to her feet and dusted herself off before turning back to look at her unintended victim, sheepishly scratching the back of her head. "I'm real sorry about that. Got a little carried away..."
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Erin Cherrywood
Race: Faunus - Racoon Tail
Aura Color: Gold
Semblance Name: Vertigo
Weapon Name: Urumi Pendulum

Erin was walking around the school in order to familiarize herself with its layout before classes started, thrilled that - for the first time in as long as she could remember - Bartok wasn't around to pester her. Don't get it wrong, she liked him but not enough to let him know it. He was a lot to handle for someone who valued her alone time and quiet. She smirked to herself, maybe she would get lucky and they wouldn't run into each other at all. Well... maybe not at all, she'd be okay seeing him maybe a third of the time she was at Beacon. But on the other hand he did need supervision, he was a shameless flirt and practically blind so-

She froze in place at the sound of a loud 'Wheeee!' Scanning the nearby area she looked for the source. It wasn't Bartok, the sound wasn't right, but she didn't see anyone. "What in the-" A shadow above her caught her attention just time for her to look up before someone landed on her.

"Eep!" A shocked squeak of indignation escaped her lips as the offender sprung off of her. Rocking backwards she gained enough momentum to spring back to her feet and stare at the girl in front of her.

Red hair and spunky, clearly containing about as much awareness as Bartok -eesh, she really needed to stop worrying about him - though quick to apologize and repentant. "Uh... no problem. Erin said slowly trying to take in the full situation. Scratching the back of her neck awkwardly she cleared her throat. "Nice handspring, especially so quick after a collision." She wasn't really sure what else to say, but she always admired others who used twists and jumps to move around.
There is no such thing as justice, the best that we can hope for is revenge
Kailyn Keison

"Huh? Oh, thanks," Kailyn said with a self-conscious grin. "Can't take all the credit, though. Gymnastics are easier for me, what with my Semblance and all." She levitated herself half a foot off the ground and made a two-handed gesture that seemed to say, 'look how totally mundane, uninteresting, and not in any way my fault what's going on near my feet is' - or at least, that's what she hoped it looked like. It was probably closer to a grimace, shrug, and gesture toward her feet all rolled into one. Drat.

Touching back down, she gave her pants another pat for lack of anything else to do with them. "I'm Kailyn, by the way."
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin's tail swished behind her as she watched the redhead dismiss what would be an impressive feat for most people. "I can see how that would help. Myself, well, I just flip around to make it easier for me to stay in control when my semblance tries to mess with me." It was clear Erin was more than a little uncomfortable, but she had made it a goal to make one acquaintance while on her walk and this seemed as good a chance as any.

"I'm Erin."

Eyebrows furrowed, she looked up and scanned the sky above them. No trees near enough for her to have fallen or jumped from. "Did you..." She paused and searched for the right words, and tone, to use. "Did you jump out of an airship?" She tried to make the question come out curious but after a long life with Bartok there was some underlying judgment. It seemed improbable but the force with which she landed on her seemed a little excessive and she hadn't seen her until they collided.
Kailyn Keison

"Nice t'meetcha."

At the mention of her jumping out of an airship (which she had, in fact, just done), Kailyn's face turned red. "Uhh... Yeah. Yeah, I did. Sorry again about landing on you. I really should look where I'm going more often..." She trailed off as she looked around her. "Speaking of where I'm going, where exactly is where I'm going... Never mind, I'll deal with that later." Clapping her hands, she turned her attention back to the other Faunus girl (Erin, she reminded herself - her name was Erin), turning a darker shade of red when she realized that the other girl looked rather uncomfortable.
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erin Cherrywood

"Don't worry about it." She says with a whimsical grin and a dismissive wave of the hand. "Honestly, it's not really out of the realm of possibilities for me on a regular day." Shaking her head a small laugh slipped past her lips. "My best friend is basically a walking ball of chaos and I can actually see him trying to jump out of an airship too, though I feel like he would just crash. He doesn't have a quirk like yours."

Placing a hand on each hip she tried to mimic what she though was a casual stance, lord knows if she managed it though. "Do you know where you're trying to go or are you winging it?" She asked trying to shift attention away from anything that might embarrass Kailyn. "I might be able to help. I've pretty much spent the whole morning trying to memorize the campus layout so I wouldn't get lost when it came time for classes and stuff."
Kailyn Keison

"Oh, I am TOTALLY winging it. Not a clue where I'm going whatsoever." Kailyn smiled, her earlier embarrassment all but forgotten at Erin's mention of her friend and his shenanigans - he totally sounded like someone she wanted to meet. "Though I should probably learn where everything is, too, so I'd be grateful for some help with that, if you don't mind." She hmm'd softly, then swung her arms backward and fore, stopping when her stomach growled to bashfully rub her abdomen. "Oh, hehe. Can we start with the cafeteria? I've just been informed that I need to eat."
Erin Cherrywood

It never ceased to impress Erin when someone could just change moods on a whim but she wasn't about to question it, all she had to do was roll with it and pretend she talked to people on the regular.

She really wasn't trying to see Bartok in the first person she met at Beacon but honestly it was hard to deny. The cheerfulness anyway, she'd managed a whole conversation without being hit on so that was a huge difference.

At the mention of food Erin nodded. "Yeah. That's too easy." She pointed at a building in the distance. "It's that one over there. Not too far thankfully. And since we're students we don't even have to pay." The lack of need for lien was a big bonus for Erin, while her mom made a decent amount of money that didn't mean it was hers.

"So, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you tend to be impulsive?" It wasn't a judgement, she was just trying to start a conversation. She knew most people tended to be uncomfortable with silence.
Kailyn Keison

"Wait, are you cereal?" Kailyn asked excitedly at the mention of free food. "Duuuuude. That's LIT!" She knew she probably shouldn't be this excited about something like the (when she really thought about it, completely expected) fact that the 'room and board' included, well, board, but then again, when asked 'You've just been elected Dictator of Remnant: what's the first thing you create?' when she was younger, she had answered 'Infinite taco bar.' without a moment's hesitation. "Wait, are they open all night? Tell me they're open all night, that would be SOO rad." She bounced up and down just thinking about all the midnight snacking she was going to do. No, bad Kailyn. Stop drooling. "Wait, nooo, then I'd get fat..."

"Guilty as charged." She stuck her tongue out playfully. "Gets me into trouble sometimes, but I've got the BEST stories. I'm guessing you're more the 'look before you leap'... out of an AIRSHIP and crash into someone because you didn'tlookbeforeyouleaptoutofanairship... waaah, Kailyn, you're such a klutz..." She buried her face in her hands, once again turning a brilliant shade of red.

She was never going to live this down.
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin bit her lip to hide a chuckle when she used 'cereal' instead of serious; she was a fan of ridiculous humor, though she'd never admit it. She was about to answer Kailyn when she started rambling about how amazing an all night food option would be, which it would be, but her sudden exuberance overwhelmed Erin so she waited for the moment to pass before answering. "Uh... well its not open so much as there are snacks laid out. Like little boxes of cereal, granola bars, and fruit. I guess it's for the more nocturnal students." She felt a little weird about not matching Kailyn's level of energy but, honestly, that seemed exhausting so she decided to just keep her own level.

At Kailyn's suggestion that Erin was a look before she leaped kind of person she couldn't help but smile and shake her head. Before she could answer Kailyn started quick talking and running down her own rabbit hole. "Again, don't worry about it. Like I said, its not really a big deal. My friend Bartok has done way worse than land on me. I'm sure you'll love him." She gave Kailyn's shoulder a stiff pat, not really sure if they were friends enough for physical contact; she decided they were though. After all their first interaction was to crash into one another. "To answer your question, I'm not a look before you leap out of an airship kind of person. I'm a wait until the airship lands kind of person." She smiled gently. "But without your kind, where would my fun be?"
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn found her embarrassment interrupted by a pat on her shoulder. Looking up, she saw Erin smiling. Must. Not. Hug. New. Friend. "Fun? Ha, I just got here. You want fun, wait 'till I find the REST of my new friends..." She grinned mischievously. "You are 'Beacon friend number 1', right?"

The embarrassment of the last minute completely forgotten, she pointed at the cafeteria building. "Food. Food is that way, right? Did you eat yet?" Kailyn levitated a little. "I needs to eat so I can has flight juice!"

With that, she began slowly drifting toward the cafeteria. "♫Food food food. Food for me. Food food food. Food for you...♫" She stopped singing and looked at Erin. "I'm probably the weirdest person you've ever met, aren't I?"
Erin Cherrywood

"I'm not sure if I should be excited or scared." She joked. "I'm not exactly what people would consider fun." She put air quotes around the word fun for emphasis. "But I do enjoy watching other people's shenanigans."

When questioned on her status as friend, Erin blushed a dark red and cleared her throat. "I... think so?" She laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of her neck again. "I guess this is how people make friends. At this point we might as well be. Already invaded one another's personal space and all that."

"I ate early but I could go for some more food. Trying to get the whole campus walked is hungry work." Kailyn's floating and singing reminded her of cartoons where people float through the air following a beckoning finger of pie steam, it was oddly adorable and she smiled as she trailed alongside her.

"As strange as this is going to sound, you seem to be on par with my friend Bartok. He's blind as a bat and - pfft hahaha-" She caught her own dad joke and snorted out a short laugh. Regaining her composure she waved a hand to dismiss the joke from her mind. "Sorry, sorry, he's a bat faunus so it was a stupid/funny comparisonin my mind." Shaking her head she smiled some more before sighing and getting back to the point. "Anyway, he's basically blind but is a huge jokester, and flirt, so he regularly gets himself into wacky situations. You remind me a lot of him, I think its the high energy and lack of concern about the next step."

Freezing in place, she stops midstep, and jerks her head to the side. Eyes narrowing, her tail swishes rapidly from side to side before she bolts to a nearby trash can, drops to all fours, and picks up a gleaming bottle cap. "Ohmygosh!" She squeals shaking with excitement. Half turning to face Kailyn, Erin holds up the sparkling cap in her hand. "Have you ever seen such a shiny bottle cap in your life?!" Rocking back to her heels she spins the cap around in her hands trying to catch every angle of it in the sun.
Kailyn Keison

Oh-HOH, she likes to watch, does she? Kailyn grinned, but chose not to comment.

She could only grin more at Erin's embarrassment, and fist-pumped when the latter assented to the question of friendship. "Prepare for many similar invasions in the future then! Unless you're not comfortable with that. Because then I will try my best not to do it all the time, and fail miserably, hopefully making you only mildly uncomfortable with my existence." It was her turn to rub the back of her head. "I apologize in advance for my extraordinary exuberance."

She turned around to float backward when Erin mentioned her friend and grimaced at the bad pun once Erin explained it, nodding when her companion mentioned that they would get along. "He sounds... she couldn't finish the sentence as the significance of a literally blind bat Faunus hit her and she started laughing. "Wait, does he literally echolocate stuff? I should challenge him to a blind-fighting sparring match sometime. I haven't ever met anyone else who doesn't need light to see, even though most Faunus have great darkvision. Though I'd have to set him straight about flirting with me first."

Kailyn resisted the urge to laugh at the very sudden 'SQUIRREL'-esque change in tack from her current companion, but when Erin picked up the bottle cap, she was unable to stop herself. "Awwww, you're ADORABLE!" Realizing what she'd just said, she slammed her hands over her mouth. Oh no.
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin took time to consider the repercussions of her answer to Kailyn's announcement that they would likely end up tangled together regularly. She wasn't overly fond of people touching her and the idea that someone would regularly invade her personal space made her mildly uncomfortable; however, it didn't sound like it would be Bartok's brand of flirtatious contact, nor did it sound like it would be humans wanting to touch a faunus. Speaking slowly she decided it wouldn't be awful. "I suppose I am okay with the occasional collision. If nothing else it will provide impromptu practice for my gymnastics."

When Kailyn started asking about Bartok's vision she nodded. "Actually, yeah. He clicks his tongue a lot to get a grasp of his surroundings." She chuckled when she said she'd have to talk to him about his flirting. "Good luck. I've been telling Bartok to cut out the flirting since we were toddlers."

Her mind was blank for all except the bottle cap until she was called adorable. Tearing her eyes away from the bottle cap, she looked at Kailyn with wide eyes. Her heart pounded in her chest and she burned a bright red. "Wait... what?" Trying to jumpstart her brain was proving difficult. "Adora- what? Me?" She shook her head to try to clear her mind. She was used to Bartok constantly bombarding her with her praise and compliments, but he did that with everyone so it didn't count. Her mom occasionally told her she looked nice, but adorable? Brows furrowing together she all but forgot the bottle cap. "Are we talking about me or the cap?"
Kailyn Keison

Oh, thank the stars, I have an out. Lucky for Kailyn, faking a laugh was easy - especially when it was about something that she could genuinely turn into a joke. "The cap? Really?" She giggled. "I mean honestly, have you ever heard someone call a BOTTLE CAP 'adorable'?" She paused, trying to figure out how to word this. "I'm really sorry about that, Erin. I'm really not trying to flirt, I'm not even gay. I just couldn't help myself, that was so CUTE!"

Change the subject change the subject change the sub- a-Ha! "Speaking of being gay, do you think Barty the Bat will lay off the flirting if I tell him I'm gay? Or would that make it worse?"
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin looked at the cap and raised an eyebrow as she considered the question. To be honest she didn't think she'd ever heard anyone compliment a bottle cap. Well, Bartok might have, but usually to humor her. When Kailyn called her cute she couldn't help but laugh herself. "No, I didn't think that was the case. I just don't think anyone has called me adorable before. I am pretty sure my brain broke trying to figure out the joke." She hopped to her feet, pocketed the cap, and pulled out some hand sanitizer. "If I'm being honest I'm not sure you're getting the real me today. I am moody, blunt, pretty aggressive, and not a real people person. The shiny object fanatic is far and in between. I would like to be friends but I also don't want you to think I'm usually fun or any variation of adorable."

She laughed at the question. "I don't think he'd change his behavior. He'd probably try to be your wing man and gas you up. If nothing else you will always get compliments."
Kailyn Keison

"No joke, just genuine 'squee'." Kailyn listened as Erin described herself, but snorted as the latter mentioned that she wasn't usually fun or adorable. "Pfft, too late. You've already said I'm fun, albeit sarcastically. And besides, you ARE cute. I mean, your hair. I love your hair!" She paused to consider the rest of what Erin had said for a moment. "As far as the 'real' you is concerned, I'm pretty sure that this," she gestured to Erin's figure as a way to say 'all of you', "is it. The rest of that sounds more like a list of things you don't like about yourself rather than a description of yourself. You should cut yourself more slack."

Her stomach growled again. "Okay, food, for real this time." She crossed her arms behind her head as she drifted backward toward the cafeteria. "And I ain't just sayin' that stuff, ya know. I don't really... do the whole 'complimenting other people' thing, but Mama didn't raise no liar."
Erin Cherrywood

Blushing a light red again she smiled. "Well. I appreciate it. Thank you for the compliment." She says with the slightest bow. "I genuinely think you are a fun person, you might not be dead pan humor funny but you are interesting in an amusing I could watch you run around and do your thing kind of fun. And, if you get into trouble I might be willing to step in to help you save face." She joked with a single finger gun and a wink. Oh dear God, Bartok was rubbing off on her.

At the compliment of her hair, Erin tilted her head and played with one of her braids. "I actually love my hair. Even though I don't really do anything style wise it's fun to make patterns in my hair. Red is my favorite hair color though." She said nodding towards Kailyn's hair. "But red is my favorite color so it's not too far of a leap."

Erin laughed again shook her head. "You'll see soon enough. I think honesty is important, unfortunately many people get upset when confronted with a hard truth." She shrugged as if to say it would all be made clear later. "Though, you are also right in saying I'm not all bad. I imagine I could be fun and charming if I ever felt like it."

Sliding into step alongside Kailyn she hummed happily at the thought of food. "What kind of food do you like?"
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn shrugged. "Deadpan humor was always more my dad's thing, and that didn't rub off on me. I got Mom's cool genes." Kailyn produced a pair of her own finger guns.

"I prefer softer colors, if the outfit consisting entirely of dark shades of cool colors didn't give it away." She pondered for a moment. "Thought that may be just because bright colors tend to clash with my hair something AWFUL." She shrugged again.

At the mention of a charming side to Erin, Kailyn smirked. The opportunity to tease her new friend with some more mild flirting was not one she was going to pass up. "Wait, you mean you're not trying to be fun or charming right now?" She made a face of mock surprise. "Girl, if you were to try, you might very well turn more heads than I do, because you're doing a great job being charming for someone who ain't tryna be."

At the mention of food, her face brightened. "Oooh, I love all KINDSA stuff! Tacos, soup, sandwiches, stir fries, tacos, ramen, brisket, rotisserie, tacos, fruit, salty snacks, fish, tacos, ice cream, chocolate, pie, tacos, cake, pastries, even salad!" She grinned, rubbing her stomach absentmindedly. "What about you? Any favorites?"
Erin Cherrywood

Erin chuckled at the mention of deadpan humor being a dad thing, she didn't know her own dad but she'd watched plenty of parents and knew that it was usually a dad thing. "I wonder if that means I'll be a dad some day." She joked lightly.

Looking over both of their clothes Erin nodded in understanding. "I can relate to that. I love red but anything more than the few bits of red trim I have looks ridiculous on me." She started twirling a braid around her finger idly as she tried to think of any colors that would look good on either of them. She couldn't think of any that wouldn't look odd or, in Kailyn's case, too Christmasy. "If nothing else we can share a wardrobe." She looked up at Kailyn and reconsidered the offer. "Well I'd have to grow a foot, or you'd have to shrink, for you to wear mine but the sentiment is there."

Kailyn started teasing her about her charm and she couldn't help but roll her eyes and smile. "I know it's hard to believe, being as I am practically the very model of grace and sophistication, but alas I get more charming."

When Kailyn started listing off all of the foods she liked Erin couldn't help but notice tacos was pretty much every other option. "Hmm... I didn't quite catch all that." She teased. "What was your stance on tacos again?"
Kailyn Keison

"Woah, now." Kailyn waved her arms furiously at the mention of fatherhood. "It's, like, WAAY too future plans to think about stuff like that right now." She made a face, then burst out laughing. "Nope. Couldn't keep a straight face. 'Uncle Kailyn', now THERE'S an idea..."

"Yeah, red's more an accent color, for both of us." She floated a little closer to Erin, moving her arms to copy the shorter Faunus' pose. "We might be able to get away with sharing a few tops if I could make these damned things behave." She groped herself angrily, then stopped abruptly when she realized what she was doing. "I-I m-mean, seriously," she stammered. "Any time I work out to try to lose weight? It just moves. Stee-raight to my boobs." She pointed to her midsection dejectedly. "I think I spent an entire months' allowance just on keeping up with them last year."

At the mention of the word 'model' Kailyn stood to attention, even putting both feet solidly on the ground. "IIIII AM the very model of a modern major gen-er-al/ I've information veg-e-table, animal, and mineral/ I-" she stopped abruptly. "Eh-heh. Sorry about that."

Her stomach growled again. "Okay, enough talk. BRING ME TACOS!!" Kailyn shot off like a guided rocket toward the dining hall, completely oblivious to the fact that she'd just left her new friend behind.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin chuckled again at Kailyn's reaction. "I have to agree with you. I'm a bit too young to be a dad." With a dramatic sigh closes her eyes and puts a hand over her chest. "I guess my dreams of being an embarrassing dad will have to wait a few years." Opening her eyes again she smirked at Kailyn. "I'd probably wanna say Uncle K. It has a nice ring to it."

Erin couldn't help but burst out laughing when Kailyn started grabbing her boobs and complaining about them. She could relate of course, she too was cursed with curves, but their height difference still meant Erin's longest shirts would barely make it to Kailyn's midriff at best. "I feel that. Nothing is worse than trying to do a back hand spring and getting a black eye." She glared down at her chest and a grunt escaped her lips. "I feel a bit cheated honestly. Most gymnasts are built like a plank and I keep my thighs warm with friction and can hold a can of soda in my cleavage. Its a darn tragedy."

Erin completely lost track of what Kailyn was talking about when she started speaking in... poetry? All she could do was raise an eyebrow and wait for it to pass. Kailyn switched moods again and apologized but before she could ask what it was about Kailyn was off like a rocket.

"Uh... Oooookay." Deciding to just roll with it, she shrugged and followed along at a leisurely pace.
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn stopped zooming when she arrived at the building, realizing she had left Erin behind. When the smaller Faunus (who also couldn't fly, she realized) caught up, she paused to let the dialogue from a minute ago catch up with her.

"Hey, now. Don't complain too much. After all, they ARE selling points. She puffed out her chest for emphasis. "Seriously, have you SEEN some of the ads on the broadcasts lately? I don't even remember what they were FOR, I just remember thinking how much wearing that dress must have HURT that poor girl." She shrugged. "But they're working - at least, that's the only reason I can think of that they'd keep running them."

She patted her stomach. "Now, then. Let's see about food. What are you hoping they've got today?"
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin raised her eyebrows in pleasant surprise when she caught up with Kailyn at the door to the cafeteria, she hadn't expected her to wait outside for her.

Kailyn picked up on the boob conversation they'd been having before she zoomed off and Erin thought about the ads she'd seen lately. She mostly remembered soda, sweat, and breasts. It didn't make her want to buy a soda but someone must be buying them after looking at the ads. "You've got a point. Boobs are everywhere selling lord knows what." She gave a short laugh. "Maybe if being a huntress doesn't work out I could go sell some sodas." She suggested, arching her shoulders back to accentuate her chest.

"Cheesy potatoes." She replied without missing a beat. "Ooh. Or roast potatoes or scalloped potatoes or tater tots or hashbrowns or -" She swallowed a mouthful of drool and laughed at herself. "Well I guess we know what my favorite food is."
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn smiled when Erin quirked her eyebrows when she caught up. Of course she waited for her new friend: she still needed that tour, after all!

Kailyn laughed when Erin suggested that the latter take the soda model's job if things at school turned south. "Tell you what, if this whole 'Huntress' thing doesn't work out for either of us, let's go into the commercial modeling business together. Deal?" She held up a fist for Erin to bump with an overt wink and a coy grin.

It was readily apparent that Erin felt the same way about potatoes that Kailyn did about tacos. "Have I got the recipe for us, then: taco hotdish. I wonder if the kitchen takes requests..." She leaned back into one of the dining hall doors and pushed it open as she walked backward.
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin smiled at the ridiculous thought of herself in a bathing suit selling soda but it sounded both hilarious and, if she were honest, kind of fun. She'd ways wanted to shake a soda and squirt it at someone and a commercial seemed the way to go for that. At Kailyn's suggestion she smiled and nodded in agreement before returning her fist bump. "It's a deal. We'll make a good pair too because we'll prove whatever we're selling is for the tall and short alike."

"I'm game so long as potatoes are involved. Can't go touring on an empty stomach after all." This was turning into a pretty okay day. She'd met another weirdo who had Bartok energy without the flirting and didn't seem to care too much about Erin's casual stride who also seemed to want to be friends and she was getting to eat again.
Bastion Sandstone
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Sandy-tan
Semblance Name: True Grit
Weapon Name: Diplomacy

Bastion had just gotten his own fill of food, not stuffing himself but making sure he going to be content for the next few hours. As he walked to the door, he though of home. He missed it, and no amount of letter-writing helped sate it. He had barely left home and he already wanted to go back purely for the sake of the familiar life. But Bastion had always stuck through whatever had ended up on his plate, and he literally asked for this. He decided to change his attitude from longing to sweet rememberance, his head lifting from staring at the ground to looking towards the sky. The sands, shrubbery-filled plains, the spicy cuisine of his tribe, Saffron always next to him...

And then the door swung open and hit him in the face. It wasn't like someone pushed on the door and upon feeling resistence would stop, it felt like someone was putting their whole bodyweight on it. The door hit him on the chin, knocking his head back even further before pressing against the rest of his body. Huntsman or no, that made you fall flat on your rear. Bastion's vision was filled with stars due to the smack on his chin.

His hat was knocked from his head, revealing his blond hat-hair. He tried to get up as best he could, saying, "I'm... I'm alright, don't worry."
Bastion tries to keep the peace in FFBF00
Kailyn Keison

"Dude, every hotdish is literally like 75% tater tots. You'd love it." *WHAM* "Oh no, not AGAIN..." Kailyn hastily let go of the door and pushed the other one open so she could see who she'd unintentionally forced a large force on this time.

It was a guy this time, so, hey, plus one for diversity. "Sorry..." Kailyn's hand found its familiar place on the back of her head as she grinned sheepishly at Bastion. "If it's any consolation, you're not the first person to unintentionally experience my entire weight today." She leaned over and offered him her other hand to help him up, silently hoping that it wasn't a professor she'd just unceremoniously dumped on the floor. Because that would be just her luck.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin smiled warmly at the thought of potatoes - her mom owned and operated her own bar and apparently fries paired well with booze so she'd grown up on potatoes - she could pretty much live on potatoes given the choice.

The door jerked to a stop as it smacked into someone and Erin couldn't help but cover a snort holding back a laugh with her hand. She really couldn't believe Kailyn's luck with plowing into people. She was seriously beginning to wonder if this was a regular part of her life or a fluke day.

Looking at the poor soul unlucky enough to have been knocked over, she listened to Kailyn's hasty apology. "Unfortunately you are in second place as far as being smacked into comes." She agreed. "I hold the high honor of being tackled today, no door interference."
Bastion Sandstone
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Sandy-tan
Semblance Name: True Grit
Weapon Name: Diplomacy

Bastion was pretty sure that if hadn't been for his Aura that his nose would have broken. Not that it would have been the first time, but it was never a good thing. It would just keep getting more and more bent out of shape. He realized his hat was knocked off and picked up, dusting it off.

Turned out it was two girls that was the result of his physical whiplash, and he shook his head a little to clear his head. One was a red-head afterall, reminding him too much of Saffron.

"Well, I'm glad that I'm not left out!"
Bastion said, holding his nose. Just because his nose didn't break didn't mean it didn't hurt. "Something in the cafeteria exciting you two?" He guessed.
Last edited by Bastion Sandstone on Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bastion tries to keep the peace in FFBF00
  • Information