Private: Flames and Notes

This areas in between the various buildings of the Academy. Perfect for relaxing!
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

The Academy Gardens were quickly become Al's favorite place to spend time in, they were beautiful, with lots of space and plenty of corners she could use to slip away and just relax.
Al had just gotten lunch and was making her way through the gardens, she passed many other students some of which looked her way, but Al ignored them, she was just planning to spend a bit more time by herself.
Soon Al found a nice and secluded bench away from the crowd and main pathway, she laid down on it, using part of her cloak as a make shift pillow while letting the rest of it just hang over the edge.
It was a nice day, a few clouds were in the sky, but for the most part there was a clear view of the beautiful blue midday sky.
Al would just lay there and watch the clouds move, or a few birds that flew by.

But soon she got bored, Al sat up straight again, passing time like that was nice, but it did get boring rather quickly...
She could play a bit.
A flame, about the size of a tennis ball, appeared in her hand, Al stared at it for a second before the fire slowly took on the shape of a person.
A long cape, a mask and armor soon appeared on them, a miniature version of herself, which was now waving to its original.
Al made a second flame appear in her hand, this one also took on the shape of a Grimm, an Ursa, the lumbering giant roared at mini Al once it was fully formed, though there was no sound.
Mini Al immediately took out two short swords and charged the Ursa, which took a swing at her but mini Al dodged under its claws and slid under the Ursa's belly and stabbed it right in the stomach followed by a blast of fire from her masked mouth.
The Ursa disappeared, but a Beowulf followed right after, Mini Al jumped right into the new fight.
Al giggled at her little show, while this was fun Al was also using this to practice fighting by repeating what her mentor had taught her or by trying to think of new things she could do to fight these Grimm, plus it was good practice for her semblance too.
Since Al was so focused on her theater she was not paying attention to her surroundings.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose
Race: Faunus - Major Mitchell's Cockatoo - Feathers
Aura Color: Electric Blue
Semblance Name: Harmonize
Weapon Name: Electra Heart + Rebel Yell

She idly adjusted the strap of her guitar case as she meandered along the winding footpaths between the workshop and her dorm. What a day it'd been! She felt like she'd been at work on stuff non-stop that day. Between schoolwork, her new responsibilities as a workshop assistant, and her relatively lacking social life as of late, Ax was struggling in the face of hardcore burnout. She let out a huff of air and blew her bangs out of her face as she walked, reaching for her pockets and procuring a pair of wireless earbuds. She was determined to enjoy the walk back to her dorm. From there she'd... figure out something relaxing to do. No more work, no more slaving over little details. Not today.

She selected her music at random this time, ending up with a lyrically depressing but otherwise upbeat pop-punk song playing in her ears. It was easy listening, idle company while she made her way home. She looked out over the gardens and paid little mind to others on the road at first, up until she caught sight of a bit of light in the corner of her eye that drew her wandering gaze from flowers and scenery and back to the path ahead. Fire. She sniffed the air experimentally as her attention was captured. She found herself drifting away from the main walkway and nearer to the light show.

No one else was really paying a lot of attention... at least not yet. There was no crowd or anything. Ax slowed her stroll down considerably as she approached, finally slowing to a stop on the opposite side of the pathway from the... mysterious, masked person? She watched with clear and evident interest as she examined the shapes in the flames that were evidently being controlled by this masked person. They were seemingly reenacting a fight with little flaming figures. It was cute. Ax was pretty sure she'd never seen that masked visage around here before though. She'd have to hope they were friendly. She lazily plucked out her earbuds, clearing her throat and speaking up.

"Wow. You're... pretty good at that. I don't think I've seen anyone control fire so precisely without tech before," Ax mused aloud.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Hell is here, and it's here to stay.
Al Ciendra

Al was just in the midst of steering her miniature self into landing the last hit she needed to defeat the Beowulf, she had really gotten a good rhythm going in her little play and was thinking of which Grimm to spawn next, she had just the idea as a giant scorpion appeared easily the size of her own head as the tennis ball sized mini Al just looked up to her original with an angry glare, she yet got to fight and just as she was about to land the first hit on the scorpion...
"EEEEEP!"
Al flinched as someone addressed her and the little flame theater exploded with a bang, right in her face as she was startled and lost her focus, luckily she did have her Aura up already, so the fire did not hurt her, it did leave her coughing though as she had inhaled some of it and the bench she was sitting on also got seared a bit, she did stop it from catching on fire though by quickly snuffing out most of the sparks that would drop on it.
Al was screaming internally as her face blushed a deep shade of red in pure embarrassment, she wanted to scream, but that would just make this situation worse.

"Oh um...."
Al now finally looked to who she was talking to, a tall young woman, she looked a bit older than Al probably a senior student, she took note of her feathers they were very pretty, but her gaze stayed on the metal arm.
That must have been a horrible incident, she held the right side of her masked face only for a second before turning back to look at the other girl.
Coughing a final time Al finally spoke up.
"Uh, Hi I'm Al, that wasn't supposed to go that way, but thank you for the compliment. Sorry for the explosion, I just got a bit carried away and didn't expect anyone else to find me here."
She explained, looking back down, kicking the ground to cover up the scorch marks, she really hoped none of the teachers would notice this, she really did not want to get punished during her first week at Beacon.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Ax flinched at the reaction she got, taking a sudden step back and raising her cybernetic hand in self-defense at the sharp bang that accompanied it. Well, that hadn't been expected. The light show had looked pretty effortless up until the end there, so Ax hadn't considered that a distraction could result in a little mini-explosion like that. To say she was alarmed by the fire would've been an understatement! The last thing she wanted was to light someone on fire by talking to them. She clearly hadn't thought this approach through.

'Damn it... great job, Ax.'

She started to move to help control the flames, but it looked like she'd just be getting in the way or making things worse - the masked pyrokineticist in front of her seemed to get control of the situation pretty quickly. Ax's eyebrows knit together a bit in clear, evident concern. She lowered her arm and took another step back.

"I'm sorry! I didn't... I didn't mean to screw you all up there..." Ax uttered a quick apology. She exhaled a breath of what must've been relief as the masked girl spoke up, sounding a little caught off guard but otherwise no worse for wear.

"Er... I'm Ax. It's fine, it's fine, you've got nothing to be sorry for. So... uh, what do you say we ditch the scorched bench before faculty catches us near it?" Ax quickly suggested, thumbing further ahead along the path. She had doubts that anyone would get on this girl's case over a little misfire burning a little of the property in the immediate future, but she didn't really want to take chances.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al stopped kicking the dirt, she did at least hide some scorched ground, and got up.
"Oh its fine really, I'm not hurt."
Al knocked at her mask, a few metallic knocks could be heard, it was definitely a very solid piece of metal.
"This isn't just for looks you know ?"
She tried to lighten the mood a little with a joke but wasn't sure if this was the best idea, Ax really did seem upset about causing her trouble, better to just stick with her, so she could stop worrying.
She did make a good point too, if she'd want to avoid trouble she should probably leave.
"Oh yeah good idea, I wouldn't want to be seen burning school property."
Al said as she began walking in the direction Ax had pointed too, waiting for Ax to walk beside her.
Yet something occurred to her, why would Ax be worried about this, it was pretty obvious who of the two was the pyromaniac, especially since Ax was most likely a senior student, so staff would know that she wouldn't do something like this, unless there was something going on ?

Al continued her thought's as she walked besides Ax, it felt a bit awkward to try and speak right now, after a first impression like that Al was sure to have given Ax plenty of reasons to be weary of her, maybe she should try and fix this awkward mood.
"So Ax, you're a senior student right ? I'm new to beacon and the whole learning to be a huntress thing, so how is it ? I mean how are the teachers, living in the dorms and you know training, especially training."
Al asked, she was curious what Ax experience was like being at this school, maybe she will have some cool stories to tell.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

There was a silver-lining to this whole debacle, which was that the masked girl Ax had messed up wasn't hurt and, if anything, seemed more concerned for Ax than herself. This didn't go unnoticed. The mysterious girl's eagerness to simply move on and not make a big thing out of it was definitely appreciated. Ax's lips curved into a small, wry little grin as Al rose from the bench and stepped in alongside her as the two took their chance to immediately vacate the scene of the incident.

"Knowing my luck, me being involved would probably wind up with us both getting in trouble," Ax reasoned aloud, glancing over at the shorter girl and lowering her head slightly, conspiratorial yet vaguely amused. She was phenomenally easy to read - her emotions seemed to roll off of her in waves. Ax must've been in a pretty cheery mood. She was even more so as her new masked associate took a chance and decided to converse with her.

"Ah, you're new. That explains why I've never seen this particular masked face around before," Ax nodded in comprehension, folding her arms in front of her. Her long legs took big steps, but she slowed her roll for the shorter girl so they could walk side-by-side. This was a good chance to maybe repair what would've otherwise been a pretty awkward first impression. She might not have thought of herself as ideal role-model material, but she could at least answer some easy questions like that. If she was weirded out or daunted by the mask, it didn't show anywhere in her expression.

"Well, if i get into details maybe I could tell you something the tour guides or welcoming committees don't tell you. It's Beacon Academy - the finest Huntsman Academy in all of Remnant. The teachers here aren't here because they like to screw around. They're the best of the best. Even if some of the faculty are jerks..." Ax tilted her head up and gazed at the sky, in thought. What could she say that hadn't already been said before? The last thing she wanted to do was walk around sounding like a brochure.

"Dorm life might not be for everyone, but I'm pretty accustomed to it. I used to attend a boarding school, though, so I can't speak for most. If you get sick of the food or the company at the main dining hall, most businesses in the City of Vale will still deliver if you order during hours where the skyway is open and the airships are still running. As for training, you're in for a treat if you haven't checked out the facilities yet... I don't know if I should go spoiling too much, but you'll be lucky to find a more flexible, dynamic environment for combat training anywhere in the world."

Ax looked back over at Al, giving her a brief, cursory sort of up-and-down look, taking measure and trying to get an idea of what she might've been able to figure out about her at a glance. It was a little hard to tell how old she was with the mask and all, but something about her demeanor seemed fitting for someone younger. She paid closest attention to her emotional state and her body language - that was where she'd learn the most.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

"Oh, I see, that would be an issue."
Al said looking to Ax, who was in a surprisingly chipper mood considering what just happened and how she had said that they could get into trouble.
But Ax's good mood was infectious, Al smiled under her mask, she felt herself relaxing already as what could have been a very awkward first impression became much more relaxed.
"Yeah it's my first week at Beacon."
Al replied, yet listening intently to what Ax was saying about the Academy, it sounded amazing!

Al was super happy with what she heard about the training equipment, wait that did make her wonder, did Ax like training ?
She looked very fit, but Al wanted to ask either way, mainly because it was nice to perhaps have a training partner or just someone that could show her around, would Ax want to do that for her ?
Al dismissed it for now, she just wanted to talk to Ax for a bit more, it was very fun after all.
"That all sounds super cool, I can't wait to check it out once I get the time."
She replied with excitement filling her voice, clenching her fist, Al yet calmed herself down as she took a few steps forward, Beacon was really shaping out to be a great place to stay.

Al yet turned back to Ax, taking a deep breath to get her excitement in check again.
"Anyway, what's up with that big case on your back ? Is it your weapon ?"
Al tapped the chin of her mask as she thought about what it could be, maybe it was just an instrument ?
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Ax definitely looked fit. The leather jacket crop-top she wore left her middle bare and exposed where anyone could see just how much work went into those defined abs. It stood to reason that the rest of the tall girl was probably in pretty much tip-top shape too. Al's mask kind of kept Ax from getting much of a read on Al's vision, and it definitely made her harder to interpret emotionally too... but only just. Ax's semblance led her to the conclusion that she was in the company of a generally pleasant person.

"Yeah, I'm good at this, right? They should pay me or something. Hire me for tours," Ax's lips curved into a sly little grin over at Al.

When the focus shifted to her guitar case her eyes averted slightly, as if she'd forgotten she even had it. She rose her hand and adjusted the strap over her shoulder, looking over her shoulder at the case briefly before looking back to Al.

"Good guess. Yeah. I know, I know... not every student out here walks around hauling their gear around like this. But my weapon isn't just a weapon, it's an instrument too. So I don't really care for keeping her in a rocket-locker all day," Ax explained. She could've probably talked about her weapon all day. It seemed like Al was an attentive enough person willing to let Ax prattle on about whatever so far, but the bird faunus wasn't so sure she wanted to go talking this masked young woman's ears off too quickly. For starters, Ax had kind of lost track of where they were even going in her haste to vacate the burnt bench. She glanced around a bit to get her bearings.

"Hey, thanks for being chill about the thing, by the way," Ax said, slowing to a halt along the path, now confident they weren't likely to get in trouble. "I definitely imagined you being way less cool about the whole... me making you explode thing. Were you just killin' time before?" Ax asked. She wasn't in a rush to get back to her dorm or anything, but she wasn't sure what Al's deal was yet.
Last edited by Ax L Rose on Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al was about to reply to that comment but saved it as she saw the grin, she herself would enjoy Ax as a tour guide, she was much nicer than any explanation she had gotten so far, plus it was much nicer to have a student show and tell her about the Academy than someone she could not relate too.
But she saved her comment, not being entirely sure as to how it would come of as.

"Wait really ?"
Al asked a little confused and more confused as Ax mentioned a rocket locker ?!
Was that just some term or would those lockers actually fly around ?
"i didn't know that I'm still carrying mine. And what are rocket lockers ?"
Al pushed her cloak aside a little, revealing a short sword and a revolver holstered inside her cloak, they did not appear very fancy, but it was obvious they had transforming components.

She closed her cloak again as Ax spoke up once more, she sighed, Ax really did not have to be worried about.
"No problem and there really isn't a reason for you to be sorry...here let me show you."

Al took a few steps away, suddenly Ax could feel the air around Al getting hotter and in an instance, with a fiery roar, the masked girl was fully engulfed in bright orange flame, the only detail Ax could make out where the eyes of Al's mask which were displayed as two circular patches of yellowish flame.
And Al was completely fine doing this, a grin appeared on her flaming visage in the same manner as her eyes.
"Pretty neat, huh ?"
Al asked as the flame mouth seemed to somewhat mimic her speech, it was a little hard to understand Al over the noise of her flames.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Ax's eyebrows rose and the corners of her lips curved upward with amusement at Al's confusion.

"Oh... you didn't know?" Ah, yes. The good old-fashioned rocket locker. A useful device any properly-trained student could use to summon their stored weapon from a distance. It was pretty handy to have in a pinch... she'd had to call for Electra Heart once or twice so far in her career. Damn, that meant that this girl was new, didn't it? Blood didn't get much fresher than this.

Ax had been about to go ahead and give this girl the run-down on rocket-lockers, but as Al spoke further she decided to stow it at least at first. Ax's eyes flickered over Al's weapons as she showed them briefly, and Ax nodded approvingly, seemingly impressed. Ax had a pretty sharp eye, and she was good with dust-tech, so she recognized that the weapons looked designed to shift between different forms. What Ax was less experienced with was semblances like Al's - Ax tried to look stoic, cool, and unaffected by the sudden light show as Al's form was bathed in aura-controlled flame, but she couldn't stop herself from startling slightly, taking a step back, raising a cautious hand. Her jaw dropped for a moment. So the fire-manipulating trick... that wasn't a dust-tech thing or anything. That was just a thing Al could do naturally. Man, it seemed like everyone else got the really useful semblances...

"Heh, yeah, wow! Definitely cool. Much cooler than my semblance," Ax admitted sheepishly. It only took a second for her to kind of normalize what she was seeing and calm down. She saw cool, weird stuff at Beacon all the time.

"Right... so, at some point during your first few weeks you'll probably get given a run-down on the essentials by faculty about 'em. Rocket lockers are for storing our weapons during off-hours. A lot of the students that attend Beacon have weapons that are pretty technologically sophisticated, with lots of moving parts, dust-compression cores... some of them are just too big or unwieldy to carry around everywhere. Obviously no two huntsmen or huntresses have the exact same weapon, but a lot of us opt to store our gear in a rocket locker. The big advantage of doing this is that you can sync your locker up with your scroll and set the locker up to launch to a location near your coordinates. Works out in Vale, out in the Emerald Forest, out in Forever Fall... hell, I don't actually know the max range on the things off hand," Ax explained enthusiastically.
Last edited by Ax L Rose on Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al could not help herself but grin in pride upon seeing Ax's reaction to the little spectacle she put on for her, the surprise and shock on a senior students face was very gratifying for Al.
Though only for a second as she heard Ax say that about her own semblance, her grin faded as she quickly extinguished the surrounding flames with a low hissing sound, she wasn't sure what to say to try and cheer Ax up, but the older girl already kept talking, so perhaps it wasn't that bad ?

Al listened again, with high interest these rocket lockers sounded fascinating, a mechanical marble and a genius idea to keep weapons available for students at all times, she wondered if they could be used indoors ?
No, too dangerous, not for the locker but people in its path, those things must be super sturdy to withstand flight and carrying possibly heavy equipment...maybe she could actually use them as a weapon too, call them down on a big Grimm or something.
Al grinned under her mask, she could not wait to get her hands on that thing and start experimenting.
"Those sound super cool, this entire school is getting so much cooler the more you tell me about it."
Al replied, again showing that same excitement and giddiness, but she did remember what Ax said about her own semblance, Al went quiet for just a little as she thought of what to say.
"Oh, and thank you for calling my semblance cool, but please don't talk down on your own semblance I'm sure its super cool to...since uhm, your super cool too."
Al again poured all her excitement into what she said, but she did fluster a little at the end of her sentence, nervously tapping her index fingers together as she looked up to Ax for a reaction, she hoped that her attempt at cheering her up had worked, she really wasn't good with this heart-to-heart talk stuff.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Ax did pick up a note of curiosity somewhere along the way, and she made a mental note to talk about her own semblance when she could. She usually tried to work it into the conversation early with new people she met who seemed decent enough - her semblance could make things strange and confusing at times when people didn't know about it.

As she finished her brief little monologue she cocked her hips and rested a palm on her side, nodding idly. Of course it sounded cool... it was! Being at Beacon Academy was, even now, a dream come true. And here she was... at her most capable and confident. It made her feel good, feeling like she'd worked hard, earned this, like she belonged here. Al's enthusiasm was infectious to the empathically-sensitive bird faunus, even as her semblance came up as a conversation topic again, just like that.

"Eh... it's nothing flashy, but it has its uses," Ax replied rather bluntly, her tone a bit flat as she started to give the usual routine explanation. She'd gone through this about her semblance so many times she felt like she already knew how this was going to go. Al's intentions didn't go unnoticed though. She was clearly trying to be reassuring, and Ax appreciated that.

"I have a passive semblance. My semblance allows me to feel and sense the emotions of others as I connect with them. The downside of it is that people can sense or feel what I feel too when it works, but people are able to block me out pretty easy, enough where my semblance just straight up doesn't work on people."

Ax gave Al a thoughtful look for a moment, raising a hand and tapping her cheek.

"I think it's working on you, because I've been able to pick up on some of your feelings so far, but we're still building signal strength. The more we talk, the easier it'll probably get to read each other."
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Out of all the things Ax had told her about this one was probably the most shocking to Al, she was silent for a good while as she just stared at Ax.
She could sense what Al was feeling, her mask wasn't hiding her emotions to Ax.
Al looked down at her own hand before she clenched them, even as they were still building signal strength Ax could feel a slew of emotion coming from Al, it was a mix of happiness, curiosity and also a little nervousness, but most of all relief.
"That's so super cool!"
Al jumped a little, more excitement streaming from her which yet quickly stopped as Al calmed herself for just a second, rubbing the back of her head.
"Sorry, it's just that it's a little hard for me to talk to people at times, since it's hard to tell what I'm feeling.
Al tapped on her mask, the metal plate did perfectly hide her face.
"I'm not really using this to hide what I feel, so it's just super nice to have someone that can actually get a read on me."
Al chuckled a little as she tried to explain herself, maybe this was a bit awkward for Ax, but Al was just super happy that she could properly talk to someone without having to take of her mask, doing so would probably ruin any friendships she had made or attempts at making new ones.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

The explanation was mostly routine, but there were countless different ways people could react to being told that Ax could feel their feelings. Sometimes people were pretty blasé about it, while other people sometimes got weird or worried about it. She felt like she could learn a lot about a person by how they reacted to her semblance, especially when people surprised her like this. Ax blinked a few times, apparently stunned at Al's positive reaction. Sure, people were sometimes interested, but it usually came off like they were just being polite. Al seemed to be more appreciative of it than most were. Ax's lips curved into a small, earnest smile that made her look pretty pleased.

Ax gave the masked girl an assuring nod as Al spoke up. When the masked girl continued on, Ax's lips curved into a more smug and self-satisfied kind of smirk.

"It's not always a perfect process, but I do try to pay close attention to what people feel..."

Ax paused, looking over Al once more, as if reassessing her. She folded her arms over chest and rubbed her chin for a moment, before nodding approvingly.

"I think you and I are gonna get along well. So Al... now that we've vacated the scene of the crime, where're you headed next?"
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al saw Ax smile as she talked and could herself only feel happy, she was really glad she blew up that park bench now, otherwise she and Ax would most likely never have had this super nice talk...Ax even just said they were gonna get along well, she thought so too, Ax was super cool and having a senior student to show her the ropes sounded awesome.
"Yeah, I think so too!"
She responded excitedly, before freezing. Al had no idea where she wanted to go, sure they could just stick around this nice and quiet corner they found themselves in, but it was a bit boring.
"Uhm, I'm not sure." Al tapped her index fingers together looking at the ground.
"Do you maybe now any cool places we could spend some time at ? I'm just kind of waiting for the ceremony and stuff to start."
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Ceremony? Ax blinked, her expression distant for a moment. Right, that was normal... there was always a ceremony for the new students at the start of a new semester. As an upperclassman who wasn't required to attend the ceremony that day, it was pretty easy for Ax to forget about such things. Al must've just been killing time until then. Ax took that moment to reach to her side, her hip jutting out to one side as she wiggled her scroll out from a tight side-pocket. She examined the time and quickly panned to a screen that showed notable events occurring at the academy that day.

"Stars... I'm so bad at keeping track of what's going on around here. I didn't even stop to think about the ceremony today," Ax rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, a self-conscious smile forming on her face. Well, she wasn't doing anything in that moment. It wasn't like it'd hurt to help Al occupy herself for a bit. She shrugged and put her scroll away.

"Looks like you've got a little time to kill. Sure, why not? It's not exactly enough time for a tour, but we can do a little wandering. We could stop by the cafe over by the study hall. It's a pretty good place to grab a bite or a coffee when the dining hall is too packed. How 'bout it? You hungry?"
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al giggled at Ax's display of forgetfulness, it wasn't mean spirited the way Ax expressed herself was just funny to Al, she hoped that Ax could feel this trough their now growing bond.
Besides Ax seemed like a busy girl, she most likely had a whole lot of other thimgs to worry about as a senior student, she really did wonder how Ax own training looked like, questions for a later time.
"It's fine! Just a boring old ceremony, right ?"
Al asked, she had never really been to big ceremonys, the only thing that would come close to what she had seen from this academy so far where town meetings and those usually were only held after important or bad things happened, like someone getting married, new shops or...grimm attacks,
Al absently touched the right side of her mask, just for a few seconds before quickly shaking her head and getting back to the present.

"Oh killing time sounds good, that was actually what I was doing back on that park bench...well before I scorched it."
Al chuckled to herself, at this point that incident was already funny to her.
That cafe did sound nice, she had already eaten but a snack and something good to drink did sound nice right now.
"Sure! Lead the way to coffee and cookies!"
Al exclaimed striking a small pose, with her finger poniting to which ever direction Al thought was best suited for a cafe and her cloak fluttering in the non-existant wind.
She quickly broke it though as she giggled again, yet still eaiting for Ax to show her the way.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Ax didn't skip a beat, even though she picked up a bit on a sort of wistful, nostalgic feeling as the pyrokineticist rose a hand to touch her mask. It seemed Ax's new friend was full of mysteries. This wasn't an unfamiliar thing to her now as there were plenty of people at Beacon with their own tough histories... in her experience, usually the best thing she could do was just try to pay attention and let people open up gradually on their own. While Al seemed to have her introspective moments, she also seemed pretty bubbly and pleasant otherwise. Ax could work with these vibes.

Ax let out a low, pleasant little chuckle and gestured for Al to follow as she turned on her heel and started to lead the way towards the cafe. It'd be a short walk, and Ax made sure to take shorter strides so the shorter girl could easily keep up and walk with her. She thrust her hands into her pockets as they walked, her tail feathers swaying up and down slightly with her practiced strut. While Ax wasn't really all that hungry herself, her mind mulled briefly over sweets and treats she could get. She was... fairly certain she could fit a few extra calories in that day...

"So Al, are you a Vale native? Or did you travel?" Ax made simply conversation as they walked.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al followed along as she watched Ax, she wasn't sure what that chuckle was meant for, but she paid it no mind.
The question confused her just a little, did she not mention that she was completely new to the city ?
Guess Ax forgot that part, but Al was happy to remind her.
"Oh I come from a small village called Azmarine, it's where I've been living for as long as I can remember. Peaceful little place so Grimm attacks are rare, specially since it has good defenses too."
Al explained as she was yet thinking to herself "Well besides that one time."
But she just shrugged it of internally, as she focused back on walking.
"Are you from Vale ?"

The two continued walking and soon reached the café, there were a few students present, but most seats were empty and free for the taking, a single waiter stood behind the counter a bit bored as there wasn't all that much to do, so the middle-aged, blonde man perked up as Al approached the counter, he quickly fixed his suit before speaking up.
"Well how can I help you young...lady ?"
He asked leaning over the counter with one of his arms propped on it.
"A big cup of coffee with cream and milk as well as a chocolate cupcake for me please.
Al ordered with a happy tone, she was excited for her little snack and coffee was always good.
The bartender nodded and went ahead to make Al her coffee, putting that big cup on a little plate and putting the chocolate cupcake on another pate.
And gave Al her order, which she thankfully took.
"Thank you sir!"
"No problem, enjoy your snack."
The bartender said and waved her of as Al walked away from the bar.
"I'll take a seat over there, just join me when you got your stuff."
Al said to Ax as she took a seat at one of the many available tables, further away from anyone else currently present at the café.
After looking around for a bit, Al pulled up her mask just enough for her mouth to be visible and began to sip on her steaming hot coffee, the heat did not bother her in the slightest.
Al let out a pleased sigh, this coffee was just what she needed.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

"Azmarine..." Ax murmured beneath her breath, as though trying to remember where in the world this village was. It wasn't sounding familiar to her, but it made sense that she was from outside the border of the kingdom proper. It must've been a small settlement - it was rare to find truly well-defended villages in Vale's chunk of the Sanus continent. Grimm were notoriously plentiful throughout the region.

"Yeah. Well, sort of. I was born here, I lived here and went to school here for a while... then I lived in Atlas for about six or seven years. But I consider myself a Valian," Ax answered as they made their way to the cafe connected to the study hall building. She was pleased that the place wasn't too busy at that moment. She and Al would have a nice and easy time finding a place to sit. She had her eye on a little table near a window that looked out onto one of the main walkways where students passed by. Perfect for people-watching.

She realized as Al had her order taken that she really didn't have much of an appetite, even now. She liked the idea of eating something, but it wasn't going to happen. She could probably blame her meds for that. When Al spoke up afterward, Ax was quick to point out the spot she wanted for them.

"How 'bout that spot over there?"

She quickly turned her attention to the man behind the counter, who was now looking at her intently, expectantly. She hesitated, quickly scanning over the menu only to order something pretty typical and simple for herself. She usually tried to steer clear of caffeine these days.

"I'll take an iced chocolate."

Soon enough, Ax was headed over to join Al, a clear cup of iced chocolate with whipped cream on top in her gauntlet-plated hand. She tried not to seem too interested at the sight of Al with her mask pulled up just a bit - enough where Ax could see her lips. She shrugged her guitar off her shoulder and propped it against the table before she pulled a chair out and made herself comfortable, crossing one long leg over the other.

"Thanks for waiting. Where were we? Oh yeah. Yeah, I consider myself Valian even though I lived in Atlas and then Mantle for a while. Sometimes I think maybe I should've stayed in Vale the whole time. I don't know how much you know about the territory, but living in Atlas pretty much sucked hardcore. What was Azmarine like, though? I've never heard of that place before."

Ax made easy conversation as she pulled off the dome-top of her drink, opened a straw, and proceeded to improvise using it to scoop up some of the whipped cream off the top of her drink.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Atlas ? Oh, yeah she had heard of that place, she had never really been super interested in it, but she knew it was cold... Al liked it even less now that she thought about it, she wondered how Ax liked it.
As she was listening to her Al immediately realized that Ax DID NOT like Atlas either, she wondered what had happened to her there that she disliked it this much.
But Ax had already changed the subject back to Al's own hometown, Al was a bit unsure about what to tell her as Azmarine wasn't the most exciting place.
"Well it's a town in the middle of nowhere. But we got everything we need, there is a farm run by the nicest farmer ever, he used to give me free milk and stuff when I visited. We have actual walls around the town and a heavily understaffed town guard, who try their best, but we do have some trouble with thieves."
She rubbed the back of her neck a little as she remembered the many times the guard were chasing people around the town.
"Either way, life is nice and simple. I help my parents with their smiting business, do work around the town and of course train with my master...or well at least that's what I used to do. He left recently, telling me that he had nothing left to teach me and told me to go here."
Ax could see a frown form on Al's face as she was just staring down into her coffee, her grip seemed to tense.
Al was experiencing something that she had tried to suppress for the last few days, Al was home sick and talking about her home reminded her of it.
She missed the shop, her family and friends. The city was nice, but it was just so different to Al, everything was big and impressive, and it was just overwhelming her.
Al took a deep breath before taking another sip from her cup, as she tried to calm herself again, but it really wasn't working.
"Uhm...yeah it's a nice place to stay. So what made Atlas so bad ?"
Al asked putting on a smile as she tried to change the topic back to Ax, just to get her mind of her homesickness.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Her lips closed around the end of the straw, making quick work of a fair bit of the whipped cream on her drink. After that, she lowered the straw to stir what remained into her iced chocolate as her eyes flicked back to Al, listening with idle curiosity as the masked girl elaborated a little on her hometown. She had managed to do a good job of making the place sound mostly uninteresting, even though Ax really had no experience with what rural towns were like beyond brief visits during missions. She supposed it was better such a place struggled with thieves rather than Grimm from the sounds of it. Ax's lips quirked briefly into a frown as a new emotion colored Al's aura - the bittersweet nostalgia and longing of a faraway place. It was an emotion Ax was all too familiar with, and it made her heart ache in tandem with Al's.

Sensing the potential for the conversation to go in an unwanted direction, Ax hesitated. She navigated conversations at times like they were minefields - she wanted to avoid disaster whenever she could, which meant she needed to pay attention to what signals she picked up. It was for that reason and that reason alone that Ax found herself rolling with the moment and, with some reluctance, going along with a subject change that she usually reserved for people she knew a little better.

"Bunch of shit," Ax answered with a sigh, her eyes rolling and staring off into the distance for a moment.

"It was the people, mostly. The weather sucks ass too. You don't hear as much about Grimm at the gates when you live in the sky, but it makes normal people forget who the enemy is. I was ten when I left Vale and moved there and lemme tell you, I've never been happier to be here in Vale than when I came back here to attend Beacon. If I'm lucky I'll never have to go back."

She raised her iced chocolate and took a long sip from her straw before she spoke again. She was reluctant to harp on about how much she resented Atlas and Mantle - basking in that kind of negativity generally wasn't all too attractive, and Ax wanted this girl to like her, so she tried asking a different question that would hopefully prompt less homesickness while still showing interest.

"So what was your master like? Hotshot huntsman? Someone I'd have heard of before?" Ax ventured a guess.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al was still feeling homesick, she really did miss her friends and family but as she looked up to see Ax reaction she could see Ax frown, it was nice that she was so compasionate for her but...wait!
Ax could feel what she was feeling!
Oh no, she had probably just felt all the negative emotion that Al herself had felt, it was fine if she was feeling a homesick but she did not want to drag Ax into a bad mood with her.

But Ax had changed the topic, she was back to talking about Atlas.
Huh, that place really did not sound as fun as she thought from what she had seen and read in books but she would take Ax word for it, hell she bareley knew anything about Vale.
"Well it's good that you are here then, otherwise I wouldn't have such a pretty guide."
Al said, realizing a little late what she had callef Ax, but she decieded to roll with it and just kept talking, her master was easy to talk about after all.
"You probably wouldn't. Auburn, my master is kind of odd. He's rough around the edges and never manages to read the room, but he id also very kind and really just wants to help everyone he can help..He travels from town to town taking jobs because he dislikes the city and the only real reason he became my master was because he was already working as a guard for our town...so yeah."
Al shrugged before she took another sip from her coffee.
Now that they were sitting and things had calmed down Al took a first thourough look at Ax and her previous comment did fit, she was very pretty.
While her feathers were interesting Al found herself lost in those beautiful blue eyes.
They were intense, but it just made them all the more facinating.
If she wasn't wearing her mask it probably would have been very awkward, but Al averted her gaze, staring down into her coffee for a few seconds before she looked back to Ax.
"So uhm..."
Al wanted to ask her more about Ax past but so far that had not turned out to be a good idea, but perhapd there was something she could talk about that wouldn't make either of them sad.
"...can I see what you have in that guitar case ?
This should be a nice topic, while Al wasn't the biggest fan of music she was always facinated by how instruments worked and she was fairly confident Al wasn't carying around and average guitar around with her.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

It was tricky in a lot of ways to interact socially with a person that wore a mask. Ax found herself leaning more than usual on her semblance to help fill in all the blanks, seeing as she couldn't read Al's expression. She could still gauge a bit just through vocal inflections and body language at least. She found herself caught a little off guard by the seemingly earnest compliment that Al gave her, and her lips curved into an easy, charmed-looking grin in response.

Ax took another sip of her iced chocolate as Al wrapped up her summary of her mentor. Ax felt like she understood a little of what was going on - she could sense some of Al's interest, her curiosity, her desire to learn more. Ax must've been looking at the mask pretty intently - she didn't realize just how much she was staring at it, memorizing the grooves. It was honestly pretty sick. She wondered how it'd look on herself.

Her grin grew when Al's head tilted downward a little and she seemed to hesitate. She could feel that brief little moment where Al's apparent self-consciousness peaked. She opted not to give the masked introvert any trouble about it; Al had just changed the subject to one of her favorite topics! With absolutely no hesitation, Ax reached over to her guitar case. She kicked herself back a bit where she sat so she had room to rest the case in her lap, and began to speak as she cracked it open.

"Well, I'd never resist a chance to show off my baby..."

The item in the case, at a glance, resembled a medieval-style two-handed battleaxe. The only thing that made it at all resemble a guitar was the highly unusual pommel, which was styled like a guitar's headstock. As Ax gripped the haft and pulled the blade free from the case, little symbols in the style of ancient runes began to softly glow in the metal. A glyph sprang into being over the innermost hollow sections of the blade, streaks of blue light drifting down over the haft and to the pommel - hardlight guitar strings forming into being. When Ax pushed the case off her lap and rested the blade on her thigh it now properly resembled an instrument.

"Welcome to the life of Electra Heart. She's my pride and joy... and she's served me well now in many battles. Truly a storied blade by now..." Ax eagerly boasted, a gleeful smile on her lips. Her cybernetic hand strummed the strings, eliciting a pleasant chord from the blade that sounded more like it should've come from a gently strummed acoustic.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al had her eye glued on the guitar case that was resting on Ax lap, she was leaning slightly over the table with her elbows propped on it and holding up her head to lean over a bit better.
What Ax pulled out was not what she was expecting...
Ax pulled an Axe out of the guitar, case, as ironic as that was Al did notice that this axe looked a bit wierd, there were things attached to it that Al did not recognise as weapon parts.

And now it was glowing, wait!
Hardlight dust strings, blue glowing runes and all those extra parts, this was a guitar and an axe at the same time!
"That is so cool!
Al exclaimed, leaning fully over the table now with her hands propping her up at Ax side of it, if she did not hear it in her voice Ax would able to sense the excitement and curiousity just stream out of Al, as she was looking the instrument of music and murder up and down.
"Please tell me you got some sort of gun installed into this! Or do you play music and generate shockwaves that destroy grimm ?!"
Hopefully the latter, the image of Ax rocking out on the battlefielf and destroying Grimm with the power of music was something Al desperately wanted to see now.
Yet Al felt a little embarrassed as she realized how close she had gotten to Ax.
She Al was just touching her own chair with her boots by now, while her entire body was stretched over the table and her halfway unmasked face was right infront of Ax's own.
She giggled and move back, sitting cross legged in her chair.
"Sorry, I just really love Electra Heart. You easily got the coolest weapon I have seen yet!"
Al showed her a somewhat embarassed smirk, with her mask still pulled up to reveal her mouth, Ax could now easily see Al's large fangs...and something red on the right side of Al's face.
Yet before she could take a closer look Al had pulled her mask down again.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Ax radiated a warm, prideful glow, basking in Al's admiration of her handiwork like a strutting peacock. Her fingers shifted along the strings, sparks dancing in the air close by her metal fingertips as she plinked a few strings in a short little sequence, as though making sure the guitar was appropriately tuned. Obviously, it was perfect. This particular guitar didn't need to be tuned regularly like an ordinary one.

"Not a gun exactly... but..."

Ax looked around, uncertain what she could safely demonstrate here in the cafe. She obviously didn't want to get kicked out for using her weapon's more dangerous functions somewhere where it wasn't typically permitted. She paused in thought for a moment, trying to think of a good way to give Al an idea of what Electra Heart could do. In Ax's not-so-humble opinion, Electra Heart was so much better than any gun could ever hope to be. It was a vessel of unadulterated elemental power. It was a homage to ancient mythological beings. It was a love letter to metal.

"The shockwaves idea is close. Here..."

Unphased by Al's proximity, Ax strummed a quick, generic little riff. As she strummed the strings, electricity seemed to build in the wispy, glowing metal strings, arcing into the metal and causing it to glow softly. A second later, the electricity visibly coalesced into into her gauntlet and her cybernetic limb. The little lightning bolt on the back of her gauntlet even started to 'fill up' with light from the bottom, like a gauge that displayed how much charge was built up in the metal. For the purposes of this demonstration she only built up a little bit of energy, barely filling the bottom of the bolt. She then raised her hands, letting the guitar rest in her lap. She then brought her hands together until they were just a few inches apart, when a sustained little arc of lightning danced between her palms, humming like a Tesla coil.

She continued to sustain the cool blue electricity for a few seconds before she pulled her hands apart and the power dispersed. When she picked up her guitar again, the energy was visibly drawn back into the blade - the bolt-shaped gauge on the back of her hand was now empty again. Ax loved few things more than showing off the fruits of her labor, and she'd truly slaved over the design of this blade that she hoped would someday be worthy of legend.

She got a good look at Al's lips in that instant, and she memorized that bit she could see of the younger girl's face. It made her feel a little special to get to see behind the mask.

"Electra Heart and I can do a lot more than that... I'll have to show you more sometime," Ax said with an almost devious grin.
Last edited by Ax L Rose on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al watched, a bit confused as she heard that this guitar wasn't a gun, having an axe, e-guitar rocket launcher or something would be badass!
But she was sure that Ax would not disappoint her either way, Ax had the wolf faunus full attention.
While the guitar did sound nice, her attention was more focused on what ever she could identify as a weapon.
Wait her guess was close ?
She saw Ax play and energy collect around her cybernetic hand and gauntlet, that was unexpected, why would it not just stay in the guitar ?
Al watched in anticipation, would she let out some strong blast, an actual shockwave or throw some sort of electricity ball ?

No, she just held the electricity in her hands.
It wasn't the flashiest, but it was definitely very cool to see her control it this freely, it reminded her a little of her flame with how easily she just held it there.
Al was tempted to try and touch it, but it was probably a bad idea with how much metal she was wearing.
"That does look kinda cool."
Al said, yet she did not sound super excited about it, but she did stay curious.
"If this isn't the full extent of what Electra Heart is capable of, then what else can you do with it ?"
Al asked, tilting her head as she propped her chin up on both of her hands, with her elbows on the table.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

It was an understandably tame reaction for a tame display. It barely even scratched the surface of what she and her blade were capable of, but it was probably the most she could do without attracting undue attention there in the cafe. Ax really wanted to inspire awe rather than simple curiosity. She hesitated for a moment, her eyes drifting upward in thought. A second later she reached to her side and pulled out her scroll to check the time.

"When is your ceremony again? Like, how much time do you have? Because if you wanna see more... I 'unno, I might be down to fuck around and show you more of what Electra Heart can do. It's much cooler to demonstrate than just describe it. How 'bout it? Wanna come with me to the training area? Or should we meet up later?"
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Al Ciendra

Al was a bit curious as to what the guitar could really do, but the ceremony was happening rather soon, she would really like to see more and hang out more with Ax.
"Well it's happening in about two hours, so maybe you can show me some other time. For now lets just drink this coffee and maybe chill a bit more."
Al said as she lifted her mug and took another sip, smiling at Ax.
For now she was just going to enjoy this pretty bird faunus company and this coffee.
"So yeah let's meet up later, you get to show me your guitar and I can show you a bit more of my semblance as well!"
Al said, another happy smile on her face, the prospect of being able to just show of and also have something shown of to her sounded exciting to her.
She really did wonder what Electra Heart could really do, and she wondered what Ax would think of her full power semblance.
Last edited by Al Ciendra on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose

Ax blinked and glanced upward and briefly away from her scroll when Al revealed just how much time she had. Two hours? That was plenty of time! Ax was fired up and ready to be a huge showoff, so she felt almost disappointed when Al suggested they stick around the cafe. Then she looked back at her scroll and remembered she had her own obligations. She had class in a little bit, and it'd be a good idea to stop by her dorm in a few to go make sure she had everything she needed. That, and she could probably afford to change back into her uniform before class so she didn't get in trouble again.

"Alright," Ax nodded, locking the screen on her scroll and putting it away. She then started to pack away Electra Heart. "Sounds good to me. I've still got a lil' time to kill before I gotta run and start getting ready for class," she looked up to give Al a lazy grin before she looked back down and finished fussing with the straps and locks on her case. Soon enough each latch was clicked into place and her baby was safe and secure. She sat the guitar case back down on the ground and propped it up against the table before recrossing her long legs and propping an elbow on the tabletop.

"You know, it's possible maybe you've heard of the huntress that mentored me. Her name's Rose Valiente. She was a dust specialist and I met her when I was stuck in Atlas. She ah, she helped inspire this," Ax rose a hand and flicked the metal wrist of her shining, deep-blue cybernetic arm. "'Cause she has one herself."
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
  • Information