[Aster/Al] Seating Shenanigans

Head here for a meal! The dining area is accessible at any time of the day.
Asterion Khryseos
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Bull Horns)
Aura Color: Gold - CFB53B
Semblance Name: Dynamo
Weapon Name: Lustrous Chimera

Aster hadn't meant to arrive so late to lunch, but with so many errands to run - and with them being spread out across the campus for some godsforsaken reason - by the time he managed to make his way in past the doors, more or less all of the seats in the dining hall had been taken. There were a few here and there, but it seemed as though the only empty ones were such tight spaces that there was no way he was going to fit without shoving someone else aside to make room.

He sighed a little to himself, and took one last look around, hoping against hope that there'd be somewhere empty and roomy enough for him to sit down, instead of traipsing elsewhere to get something to eat. To his surprise, that extra look around found him a space that, if his eyes weren't failing him, seemed to be wide enough to accommodate him. There was someone already there, however - and if experience had taught him anything, it was best to ask before just sitting himself down next to people he hadn't met. While Vale was nowhere near as bad as Atlas in how Faunus were treated, from what he'd heard, there were always going to be people who didn't take kindly to his kind.

Aster trudged forward and waved to get the stranger's attention, a polite and friendly look on his face as he addressed them. "Hey, you mind if I sit here? It doesn't look like there's anywhere else that'll fit me right now." He ended it with a slightly sheepish chuckle - something to keep the mood light, hopefully.
I'M LIVING LIKE A LANDMINE
WAITING TO EXPLODE

--๐ŸŽœ---
#CFB53B
Extended Profile
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

What year was it ?
Al was unsure at this point, that history lecture went on for ever, especially since the professor kept switching to side topics and had to answer every single question at length!

She shook her head, now she was free, she could take her time to process all thst information that was filling her head.
Yeah, do some training!
No that had to wait, unlike her head her stomach was not full.
Thinking about this over some good food did sound nice too.

Soon Al was seated, he had taken a quick detour to her room amd tossed away her bag and put on a simple dark red hoodie over her school uniform, she was really tempted to change out of the skirt too, but she was to lazy AND hungry!
Atleast one of those things would be an easy fix with this delicious looking steak that laid on her plate.
She looked around just a bit, happy to notice that there was some space between her and the next person left of her, before lifting up her mask and started eating.
DELICIOUS!

Halfway trough she was interrupted, Al was busy eating and did not pay much attention to who asked so she just nodded as a response, since her mouth was curremtly stuffed with meat.

Then she felt the bench bend a little and she turned to him.
Whoa he was big!
And a faunus too, those ears were very noticeable after all.
Oh wait, horns ?

Al felt a little wierd about eating steak suddenly.
Al chatters in #FF5500
And sometimes she thinks in #FDAD62
Asterion Khryseos

The stranger hadn't seemed opposed to the idea when he asked. In fact, they'd seemed not to say much of anything, likely being busy with eating, and had just nodded. Aster decided to take the seat slowly, giving them a chance to object should they so choose, but found himself sitting comfortably in short order. "Thanks." He said, smiling warmly at the person, trying to make himself seem a little less imposing. "I wasn't sure where I was going to sit, and I don't think I'm allowed to take the plates outside no matter how crowded it gets in here." He held up his lunch for her - a sandwich of such size that, by all rights, he shouldn't have been able to take a bite out of it. And yet there one was, right at the top.

The bench creaked and bent a little beneath him, but he wasn't worried much. He'd sat on them before, and he'd seen bigger students put them under more stress - he was more worried about intruding on someone that didn't much want his company. Until they said as much, however, it was there that he would stay. He took another bite out of the sandwich, before glancing quickly at her lunch, then back up to her. There was a tense few seconds where he was silent, his mouth preoccupied with chewing the bite and washing it down with a swig of tea, before he spoke.

"Aw Brothers, don't tell me I missed them doing steak." He said, putting on an expression of mock disappointment, and feigning it in his voice as well. It was all obviously in jest - just a joke to try and help lighten the mood, or make conversation. "I guess that's what I get for getting in here late." Aster shrugged with a light smile, and started digging into his sandwich again, chewing slowly on the stack, wanting to relax and take his time before he ventured off back to lessons once again. At the very least, she didn't have to worry much about what she was eating.
WAITING TO EXPLODE

--๐ŸŽœ---
#CFB53B
Extended Profile
Al Ciendra

Well instead of being offended, he was sad that he did not actually get to eat any steak himself, understandably so.
She gave him a smile behind her mask, as she yet continued to eat.
"I can relate, it would be much nicer eating outside."
She nodded, as she spoke with a soft voice, almost like a whisper, it was somewhat hard to hear over the sound of the dining hall.
"I'm Al, by the way, and who are you ?"
She asked, turning to the tall dude, he could see her mouth just enough to make out that she was smiling.
But she turned back to her steak, continuing to wolf it down, soon finishing the bit that was left over.
She wiped her mouth with a paper towel, leaving that on her plate, before she pulled down her mask, moving her hands behind her head to tighten it to her head with a resounding "click" again.
"Sorry, there was no steak for you left. I'll grab you some next time if you want.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Asterion Khryseos

"Aster." He said, before taking a bite out of his sandwich, and swallowing that down too. The thing was of considerable size, to say the least - but it seemed that he had a mouth and an appetite to match it, casually taking chunks out of the sizeable stack without too much trouble. He set it down for a second to take a swig of water, while his other hand waved dismissively at her suggestion. "Ah, don't worry about it, I'm usually here early enough to get some." He said, once that morsel had been washed down. "I'll try to leave some for you when Iโ€™m around next time.โ€

That being said, the sandwich wasn't that bad of an option either. The tomato and lettuce was about as crisp as could have been hoped for, given that he was late to lunch, but the meat was far thicker and tastier than he'd expected out of it. Perhaps not as filling a meal as a slab of meat and a stack of carbs, but for something that he'd only chosen because it was the only thing left, it didn't taste - or look - that bad. "Might get another one of these, though..." He mused idly, mostly just thinking out loud, but trying to make some light conversation too.
WAITING TO EXPLODE

--๐ŸŽœ---
#CFB53B
Extended Profile
Al Ciendra

Was that a challange ?
Al titled her head as she listened to Aster, she was always up for a challenge, but was a little unsure as to what he was saying.
Urgh, she wasn't good at talking, like some others, but just to not make this awkward she would have to try.
"You sure I Should not be the one saving you some ?"
Al asked with a chuckle, as she propped her chin on her hand and leaned over to him a little.
"I am pretty confident in my speed, you know ?"
She leaned back on the bench as she spun her fork between her fingers, usually she would do this with a pencil in class, but a fork would do.
Al chatters in #FF5500
  • Information