The Girl With The Absent Heart

A fully functional gym, weight room, and state-of-the-art combat simulator.
Aka Kuroi
Gender Identity: Female.
Race: Human.
Aura Color: Carmine
Semblance Name: Climax Crisis
Weapon Name: End Never End

A resounding crack akin to thunder explodes within the expanse of the arena, reverberating and penetrating through the very walls as another softer yet equally disturbing sound follows immediately afterwards. The sound of bones shattering

Aka felt the adrenaline that pulsed within her begin to placate at the sight of the newly formed crater and the limp body that lay in its center. Her eyes of crimson inspected the sight with a gluttonous desperation, noting after the smoke had cleared that her foe lay completely motionless, a small splatter of red trickling from where his face had been forcibly planted into the floor. She looked on at the sight and began to feel her body become weightless in delight, the corners of her mouth cracking upward until they formed a crooked crescent.

However, her expression dropped immediately as the adrenaline fully wore off and her mind cleared. "...Shit!" She had blundered most spectacularly. Sliding down the crater, Aka dropped to her knees beside the limp boy and flipped him over, leaning her ear against his chest as a deafening silence threatened to strangle the heart beating furiously against her chest. It was then, after an agonizingly lengthy moment, that she finally heard the beat of the boy's heart. He was still alive. "Oh, thank hell..." A sigh escaped her lips as the tenseness in her body loosened to a considerable degree. How lucky she was to not have been suddenly thrust into her original plan on the very first day.

Still, she was merely in the eye of the storm. What was she supposed to do with the body of the unconscious second-year? Aka peered down at her sparring partner's face and noticed how his bloody nose was bent at an odd angle. That must have been the sound she heard after hitting him over the head and shattering his aura; the ground didn't break his fall in the slightest. Breathing in a sigh, Aka wiped the blood off his face with the curtain of her qipao and set his nose with yet another crack echoing about the room. Thankfully, that hadn't woken him up. After that, she tucked the unconscious second-year beneath her arm and carried him over to the bleachers, propping him up against them so it appeared as though he had fallen asleep.

Aka stepped back and viewed her work with a nod, content yet so thoroughly disappointed.

She had fled to the empty training room after being dropped off by the airship, having been spooked by the massive sea of people she had been forced to ride with. The unsuspecting second-year had seen her enter in a slight panic—no, not panic, it was simply unease—and offered to spar with her to "knock the jitters away."

It had not gone well for him.

"And only a single strike too..." Aka murmured lowly to herself as she clung onto the massive piece of metal she called a weapon, seeking its comfort as she took a seat on the bleachers situated far and away from the knocked-unconscious second-year. "...Perhaps it was a mistake to come here...?"

Such shameful words; thank goodness no one else was here to hear them.
Alexander Kate
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Black with glows of grey
Semblance Name: The Lone Shifter
Weapon Name: The Devil s Advocate

A blueprints, a figures and mechanisms – Shurik's head was full of it, for forming the inspiration from the restricted weaponry book into text and drawings... He sacrificed his sleep. It's been five hours? Four? Doesn't matter, really, he will warm up soon and he will be functioning like ever.

But some thoughts were striking his head: that woman, Nero, knows that he is a ranger, which is true, of course, but now many huntsmen and huntresses are close-fighters... His uncle taught him to shoot, because it was the best way to fight back in his days in Mistral, but here... Not so many shooters, who is trying to hold a distance between the enemies. So what's the point: he should train a bit, upgrade his fighting style and have some fun with others, if they won't be sloppy in the training room.

Oh boy, she absolutely won't...

While he still walks with his dizzy head from shortened sleep, he entered the training room, noticing the scene: the slender silhouette was sitting afar, and at the other end of the room there's the crater. Shurik checked his weapon in the holster, covered by overcoat and quietly has a quick look at the crater. Someone SLAMMED on this floor. But by the smoke pattern, settled on the floor, there was a... Outline that was looking like someone been here. Heartbeat a raised a bit – that was enough to wash away some remaining clouds in his head. A nice morning warm up...

And now his sight is locked on the girl. Yeah, she was the one he had read about in the recent file... Digging in the academy's files is fun, but he wants to know her in person. The danger in knowing a such person is also carries an excitement.

- "That man is sleeping or he was the one slammed into the ground? If the second one, well, I won't judge. I would be amazed, even." - Alex started to talk loudly enough to hear, holding the distance of seven meters between him and her. His face was emitting some interest with a slight grin, no emotions that could give away the fear.
Shurik talks with a little #FFBF00
Aka Kuroi

The cool sensation of metal felt pleasing to her skin, her pale cheek resting against the sheath as she attempted to clear her mind of shameful ideals. The unconscious second-year sitting idly on the faraway bleachers would not trouble her, or rather, she had no need to overthink the situation. He possessed an aura like she did; he should wake after a couple hours' rest. The upperclassmen may want to spout accusations of foul play, but he was the one who approached her first. There was little cause for concern, and Aka wondered why she even reacted in such a distressed manner.

With a little bit of pondering, she figured out why. Blowing every little mistake out of proportion was tiring on the mind and soul, yet it may become a necessary skill to cultivate during her time spent at Beacon Academy. These people are not like her; they are not able to think in the same way she does. They'd surely outcast her as some sort of dangerous figure if she acted as she naturally did, and they would promptly have her expelled and sent to some jailhouse after the fact. Yes, acting as if she were distressed over every mistake may just be a useful way of keeping her away from the principal's gaze.

But could she keep her sanity by acting in such a manner?

Aka did not have time to ponder that most distressing question; there was someone else in the room. The ever-familiar sound of footsteps alerts her mind, and she shoots her baleful gaze up at the newcomer. An older boy, raven-haired and plain. Perhaps a bit younger than the second-year, though she cannot tell at this distance. The stranger was wearing an oversized coat, lacking any immediately noticeable weapons on his person. This did not stop Aka from clenching her weapon tightly, as her upturned eyes naturally settled into a piercing red glare that seemed as though it were trying to carve a hole straight through the older boy's head.

He had spoken to her, a noticeable smirk present on his plain face.

Why the hell was he smiling?

"...Amazed? I think you're confused." Her tone was rough and full of suspicion, yet her voice was high-pitched and even feathery. Her youthful voice contrasted well with her defensive pose on the bleachers, appearing like a corned raccoon or some other woodland animal infected with rabies. "Nevermind that, who are you?" She immediately set to questioning the unknown boy, setting aside propriety as if she were never taught how to respond properly to others. This stranger didn't even bat an eye at the unconscious second-year sitting beside her, and more importantly, he didn't seem to care if she was the perpetrator.

She should probably be thankful that he didn't show concern, but he was far too eager for her liking. "...And what do you want?"
Alexander Kate

Untrust, refusal, fear, insecurity and anger.

Alex makes nods his head side-to-side. For some reason, he had some unnecessary thoughts about the girl's reaction, so now he needs to say something to her questions. More serious face, deep breath... Focus. "I can handle it like a gun. Just some more delicate method is required for this situation."

- I ain't some evil mastermind with exact needs from you. I just heard of you, so I wanted to see you... Personally. Because I think you are quite special among other students in Beacon. Including the height, so I bet the doorways are not your friends, eh? - he chuckled a bit, but then sighed deeply.

- Oh man, my manners. My name is Shurik. I'm a first-year student here. I'm sorry for a such fast start of this conversation. A-and may I know your name?

He already knew her name, but he has to talk more naturally. He is curious, and at the same time he is excited. Because she is stronger, she is unnaturally tall, and the scarlet, sharp eyes of hers... She can cause fear. But Alex thinks he has no need to fear. Not now, at least.
Aka Kuroi

The more this person spoke, the more irritated Aka became. 'He's heard of me? What the hell...' What could that mean? Why are there already people speaking about her? That couldn't be; she hadn't been enrolled in this damn place for even that long! How the hell did this person know her? Where did he hear about her? All sorts of questions popped into her head, and she didn't have a single answer for any of them. What an irritating pain!

Aka's glare narrowed further as the plain stranger—who she now knew was named Shurik—asked for her name. "...You've heard of me, is that right? Then you know my name already, don't you?" Her expression deepens into a scowl as she watches the boy; her brows knit together as her suspicion morphs into irritation. This person obviously wanted something from her; he said he was interested enough to want to see her. But instead of getting to the point, he just kept talking in circles, even making a poor joke at the end. Just what was so funny anyway? Was he laughing at her?

What a sniveling little craven.

"You think I'm 'special' or something? Yeah, right, stop fucking around and tell me what you want." A spike in adrenaline spurred her forward as she leapt to her feet, no longer comfortable sitting with a potential threat not in striking range. This plain bastard was playing with her; he obviously knew something. How dare he hide behind a thin veil of friendliness. No, she wouldn't be fooled so easily. He was hiding something; he knew more than he let on, and she was going to find it out. "...or fuck off!"
Alexander Kate

What the heck he did wrong for that kind of impression? HOW HE COULD FAIL IN THIS SIMPLE TALK?

Anger, fear and sadness

"Calm down, you are not a foe for her." - but apparently, he can't get calm now. Such missteps are embarrassing enough and besides, Shurik started to get anxious. And not from a simple fact that he is talking with someone of more sharp tongue and strong body. But he needs to hold it. With anyone else he would already curse, blame for a such impatience, but in this case... This method will work out very poorly.

Unkown and dark

- Okay-okay, straight to the point, I like it, - he doesn't - so I was about to train some of my... Close-range combat abilities, and I'd like to have "sparring partner", if you want to. And if you want to – I prefer to not to be... Slammed into the ground, you know. - his hands have locked with each other, in order to not get too anxious and extend an arm for the gun, while Shurik started to walk side-to-side a bit, looking at the Aka, but the sight was shifting from her to the ground and vice versa.

Heartbeat rate is spiking
Aka Kuroi

Aka's body stiffens, her lips pursing into a fine line as she takes a moment to fully process the plain boy's response. His previous attempts at conversation had made her uncomfortable; her mind had previously filled her thoughts with doubts and paranoia—did this person know who she was or the real reason she attended Beacon?—those sorts of thoughts. The subject of his most recent response did nothing to alleviate her rapidly beating heart, yet the clarity provided by his words eased the tension building within her mind, if only by a small margin. "A sparring partner..." She says it aloud to herself, familiarizing her tongue with the term and affiliating the concept with a long-forgotten memory. Or rather, a memory she no longer wished to remember.

A sigh escaped the girl's lips as she began striding over to the anxious boy, her lengthy stride easily shattering the distance between the two.

In a mere moment, Aka stood just before Shurik, looming over the seventeen-year-old and casting a tall shadow over him due to the fluorescent lights above. "If you just wanted to spar, then you should have said so." She asserts while gazing down at the plain boy, her bright, crimson eyes alert to his every movement. If he wanted a sparring partner, then she would be happy to provide one. Elated even. Her nerves had been thoroughly assaulted by the events of today, having to suffer through two crises followed by a visit by the most annoying boy she'd even had the displeasure of speaking to. If she could work off that stress by sparring with said boy, then her nerves should cease their incessant bickering, and with a clear mind, her school life can begin anew.

That was the plan; now all that was left was to act.

"I'm not going to slam you, but you should put your hands up now..." Her airy voice rang out with a slight warning tone, the only sympathy she'd allow to be given to Shurik before they actually began sparring. It wasn't out of concern or pity that she warned him, only that she needed to refamiliarize herself with the concept of sparring before her school life began. Her massive weapon was tucked into the rope belt resting on her lower back, her arms raising up around her chest-level with her left hand open and her right clenched into a tightly woven ball of flesh and knuckles. "...I'm tired of talking to you."

Whether he pulled a weapon or not, she was ready for him.
Alexander Kate

What she was thinking about? What she was thinking about him? What will be the conclusion from her?

When SHE was before him, Shurik tried to focus his eyes on those blood-like eyes, but they were still shifting... Before she said the acceptance about the sparring here. Weirdly, that was a surge of relief – his body became calm, as his mind. He was not even concerned about himself being hurt. Physically.

Yeah, it's a strange situation to be in. It was always strange that he was worrying about the people he thought were interesting to him, those are like not "grey mice" in the crowd. He was nervous about them, and yet, not always he could choose a good words for talking. He always wasn't that charismatic, or talkative, or socially flexible for that, and still... Why is he trying to accomplish something with someone like Aka?

He has no mentor, no such figure he found yet. Even being trained for this academy, he has no deep knowledge about himself – a grown up lone wolf sounds better, than the confused kid with lack of attention and social barriers, right?

He is truly considering her special, and he can tell from the look: it's someone who had gone through challenges. Like his father, who have left him – he will not say something like that, but he feels like it. There is no such cruel thing for Alex as

ABANDONMENT

He is just the boy with the absent peace

Shurik was jumping on his toes, warming up a little. The cowboy walked after that, so he can be on the opposite side of the room, against Aka on the distance of five meters.

- Yeah, I figured that out... - final words were said, before getting the right stance for a fight, bending legs a bit, his right hand was near chest, the left was further forward, both open. He was observing the opponent: high amplitude of the strike, long distance, probably strong as heck. The most efficient options: disbalance her or distract. Attack while discombobulated. Until that – keep distance.

Shurik waved his hand to Aka, taunting her. He tried to concentrate his aura in power for speed, rather than a defense – it would be bad, if she will manage to grab him and will have a total control over his flying trajectory in a couple of seconds.
Aka Kuroi

Her crimson eyes narrowed nearly into a fine line as Shurik walked himself away from where Aka currently stood, as if the distance between them wasn't appropriate for close-quarters combat. Or, she presumed, the plain boy believed the extra length of distance would benefit him tactically. Whatever the case, she refused to stand so far away. As the boy turned around and began to fall into his stance, Aka would outright appear directly in front of him, not even a meter's length away. But she wasn't entirely heartless and patiently allowed Shurik to fully prepare himself in whatever stance he chose. She didn't care much about analyzing his stance or his potential fighting style; it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

What mattered was herself and her own ability to apply her talents. The massive surge of adrenaline from before resurfaced, causing her body to feel unbelievably light yet unyieldingly powerful.

Shurik waved his hand for whatever reason, but Aka ignored it and cocked her right fist back, seemingly raring to throw a punch.

But that was merely an unintentional distraction.

It was then that the tile beneath her suddenly shatters—her legs acting as a propulsive force—as she explodes forward and thrusts her bony knee at Shurik's groin, aiming to cause him pain and nothing more. She immediately followed up on her body's intense forward momentum and extended her left arm to try and snatch a handle on the boy's head—her initial aim being to grab his hair, though her fingers stretched far enough that she could also handle the top of his head as if it were a ball. If she succeeded in seizing a hold on his head, Aka would thrust her arm down and yank on his head until he leaned forward. And then, with her right fist held high above her head, she'd attempt to repeatedly strike down on the back of Shurik's head, aiming to bludgeon him, if not for his aura.
Alexander Kate

Well, seems like Aka wanted to fight him face-to-face, if you can call it like that. Yeah, not a comfortable distance, but she would move like that before or after the start – doesn't matter, really. But one feeling was going in Alex's head:

"This will not be a fight.

This will be a surviving."

So he needs to play on defense a bit. Keeping in mind the distance, her hand swing to the back seemed odd, so Shurik prepared, that she would grab him, or attack somehow differently, so he was looking at the whole body of his opponent. He was partially right, so he was able to manage and block her knee with the palm of the left hand, though the feeling was like he nearly broke his wrist. Anyway, that pushed him away from Aka, and still, her tall hand could able to swiftly embrace his skull by her fingers at the current second. Shurik will try to avoid that move by grabbing her wrist and repel it, but not extending his hand near her palm – she will squeeze his arm like nothing.

For Aka it was an adrenalizing game. For Alexander it was a bit different game: "Die or pass away". Well, he was wanting to train his close-range skills, and this is a straight up Grimm fight. He needs to be patient... How the hell is he can be patient while fighting with the personification of the words "size doesn't matter"? His aura ain't that strong, and his physical characteristics are not that impressive.

No, he doesn't need these doubts...

If he will avoid Aka's grab... He will try to recover his balance first, so by next move he wanted to gain some distance. But as it appears, the room will recognize the combat between the two, so some of the ground blocks started to move upwards, creating a bit more complicated field for fighting, at the same creating a small earthquake because of the blocks moving. In that case... The cowboy would go on the high ground, while keeping his sight on Aka... If he will manage.
Aka Kuroi

"Tch!" Aka felt her knee collide with an unintended target, Shurik's fleshy palm. He was wise enough to see through her cheeky first strike, but as she pulled her leg back and reached out to grab onto her plain adversary's head, he reached out with his own arm and attempted to grab her wrist.

Perhaps he wasn't so wise after all.

With deft quickness, Aka bats her smaller opponent's hand away with ease, as if she were swatting a fly, and snatches onto his hair with a vice-like grip. Her right hand followed the natural course of its momentum as she slammed her fist into the top of Shurik's head before immediately redirecting its course and shooting upward into a devastating uppercut aimed at his jaw. The taller girl would then loosen her grip on Shurik's hair, but only to free up her left hand as she began to throw combination after combination of rapid-fire punches aimed at the boy's head and stomach, every single one of her punches thrown with the intention to rip holes into her opponent.

The arena beneath them shook violently as they exchanged punches, or rather, as Aka threw punches and Shurik desperately tried to separate himself from her. But it would become apparent as the seconds pass and the attacks only increasing that running wasn't going to be an option for him. Every time Shurik backed away three steps, all Aka needed to do was take one step, and she would already be in range to attack. He was making an extremely common mistake that most newcomers to close quarters make when dealing with a larger, stronger opponent.

Keeping your distance from someone who can hit you whenever they want.

Every time he backed away, it was another opportunity for Aka to thrust her knuckles deep into his flesh and bones. She wasn't throwing slow, uncoordinated strikes that a smaller opponent could hope to possibly dodge; she was a seasoned close-quarters combatant, and she relished every attempted retreat he made. How could he possibly hope to survive if he doesn't even fight back?

The ground rumbled and split apart as the tiles grew jagged and soared into the middle of the arena, bringing both combatants higher and higher. Aka's leg shot out and kicked at the plain's boy knees as they stood on the same small block held high in the sky. If Shurik truly wanted to escape, he'd have to risk falling down onto the hard, unforgiving tiles below. Not even a meter away, Aka looms over the smaller boy, arm cocked back and ready to strike again. Yet, she pauses for a moment and gazes deeply into his eyes with her own vibrant red pair, as if trying to peer into his soul. "...You're not going to win this way." Her airy voice carries its way into his ears, a low growl emanating from the back of her throat. The girl's massive frame nearly enveloped the block they were standing on, leaving Shurik almost nowhere to stand as she inched closer and closer, like a beast stalking its prey.

A wicked smile appeared like a fissure on her pale white face. "Just how many times are you going to let me tear you apart?" She taunts and goads the smaller boy to make a move. He couldn't escape her, not without a weapon, at least. Her words were both a taunt and a crucial piece of advice, it was up to Shurik if he managed to understand the meaning of her words.

The only way for him to win...was to fight back!
Alexander Kate

Storm of snowflakes hitting the warm lamp.

Another strike to his rib.

The lamp flickers slightly.

His aura is cracking.

Snowflakes falling on the lamp softly.

His knee fells on the floor.

The high ground was a strategically good place. But now it's going to be his tombstone in this fight. Shurik was breathing heavily, trying to come up with something, but he can't think straight, while being obliterated by these punches. He's gonna lose that easily? He just haven't trained his punches hardly as aiming!

Apparently, the difference IS colossal.

Cowboy still was able to hear Aka, while trying to get a rest from little pause she gave her. "Let"... Huh... Is that all just simple? Just going straight against her? But considering, that she is three physical steps ahead, maybe it has some sense. He has no other choice, anyway. And putting out the gun means his defeat, just in another perspective.

- Fine, skyscraper... - he gave a slight chuckle. Deep breath, before the most desperate move he has ever done at this moment: by a slight movement, he positioned his legs for a jump. And that jump was going into the Aka: Shurik wanted to play with a surprise effect and headbutt her in the face. And the other two arms are supposed to grab the clothes around the neck area. He wanted to disbalance her, or at least distract her. He will not be able to choke her out... But at least land some punches on the head, if he will grab a piece of clothes with one hand. Going full force. Without back-up plans. He would lose anyway, so why hold back?

At least he will fight back.
Aka Kuroi

Her words were like poison, entering her opponent's bloodstream and degrading them from what they once were.

Shurik's forward momentum was immediately halted by the unyielding palm of the adolescent girl, her outstretched arm acting as a barrier as she gripped the top of his head and kept him in his current position. Her opponent's arms flailed in the air in front of her, horribly off-target and grasping at nothing. Her reach was simply far too long.

She spoke no lies, yet her words only hinted at the whole truth and concealed an ocean of troubles. One cannot hope to win if all they ever do is retreat, but to push forward is even more dangerous. Your opponent no longer has to chase you, and they'll take every opportunity to tear you apart. It is in that moment of peril that you must fight back with all that you have, with every ounce of skill and might you can possibly muster. But if you face trouble head-on without being prepared to give it your all, the world will chew you up and spit you out faster than you can ever imagine.

The path to victory is not easily tread.

With her right arm already cocked back, Aka thrusts her bony fist into Shurik's face with a resounding uppercut that aimed to lift him off his feet and off the platform. But that simply wasn't enough for her; she wanted to bury this lesson in the boy's very soul. With a burst of motion, Aka kicked off the platform and twisted her body midair, her muscles straining with effort as she spun around and dug her heel into her opponent's ribs, sending them crashing into the tiles below if her aim was true.

Regardless, she would grab onto a platform as she descended from her position in the air, never once keeping her piercing eyes off of her opponent.
Alexander Kate

Was is worth a try? Seeing how it went for Shurik, unleashing his emotions – it worked out not too well. Every strike felt like a bone fracture, if it wasn't. Aura was on it limit. Was hoping to save it until the landing, but, unfortunately, the aura particles was flying off after the sharp kick in the ribs – too much pressure went in one place. And with that strike the gun flew out of the holster, falling with metallic sound in the distance.

Yeah. The landing was harsh. By landing on the cold solid block by back, his spine hit the floor. Though not broken, but definitely was painful enough for Shurik to grunt out loud and put on the ground.

She was an unstoppable force, and he was like a rookie. So shamefully lose in combat, not even striking her once. Alex tried to stand up no matter what. If he had an adrenaline shot in his hand – he would use it, no matter the consequences. (Un)fortunately, he have just to lay still. Even through a humiliation, his own defeat, helplessness. He was only able to roll over on the front, trying to desperately stand up, stiffing the teeth and holding the tears. The anger was going through the veins, the head was heating.

"Exit is in every situation." – he was told. Yet he failed. He wasn't using the gun only one time for this particular battle. And he failed faster, than he was able to make a decent plan under the stress and pain.

Ugh!.. Come... On. – he was trying say it for himself. Just to cheer himself. While looking at the grey stone.
Aka Kuroi

Aka kept herself suspended in the air with a vice-like grip on the floating block overlooking the tile floor. There lays Shurik, slammed against the ground like a cockroach beneath a leather boot. The girl's wicked smile stretched even higher as the outcome painted a clear picture of her deception. '...I truly did try not to slam him...oh well...' Her dismissal of the falsehood was unsurprisingly quick, shrugging off any semblance of guilt with ease. She had expected a fight, and she treated the raven-haired boy as if he were an enemy. But such a mindset was extremely dangerous to follow, at least for now.

She understood this well, due to the fact that every inch of her soul wanted to drop down from this platform and crush the boy into a fine paste.

Adrenaline coursed through her veins, enticing her to continue the fight and finish her opponent completely. That was the sort of fighting she knew, her ruthless attitude in combat reflecting the nature of her past duels. Yet, even though her body desperately wished it so, Aka painfully shook her head and discarded the thought. '...No...not yet...' Reprimanding herself, Aka sucked in a breath through clenched teeth and pondered her next course of action. Perhaps she could finish him off in an alternative way?

With her mind made up, Aka commenced her plan.

With a thunderous crack that echoed about the arena and rumbled the tile floor, the hostile girl's massive weapon dropped from the sky and forcefully dug itself into the floor right in front of Shurik's face, causing a small cloud of dust to kick up and hopefully blind the boy as she expertly maneuvered into phase two of her plan. When the dust cleared a moment later, Aka would appear suddenly, standing tall in front of the grounded upperclassmen, holding his gun in her hand, and pointing the barrel between his eyes. "...You better stop struggling now; it's not going to help." Her airy voice rings out as she stares down at Shurik with a cruel gaze, seemingly nonchalant about the whole ordeal. A moment later, she drew her hand back and pointed the gun away from him. "Rather, all that floundering is only going to make you look pathetic after losing." As she spoke, she squatted down to his level and placed the barrel of his gun on the side of her head.

"And if you think for even a moment that you only lost because you weren't using this-"

A deafening sound roared directly in their ears as she pulled the trigger.

"-...Then you are as stupid as you look."

A dented bullet dropped to the tile, and the girl remained seemingly unfazed. Her actions hinted at one horrifying conclusion: there was nothing he could have done to hurt her.

Twisting her grip on the gun, Aka then struck Shurik in the jaw with the pistol grip in hopes of knocking him unconscious. If she hadn't laid him out the first time, then she'd simply hit him repeatedly until she finally did. Afterwards, she scooped the boy beneath her arm and placed him on the bleachers, just beside the second-year she had knocked out previously. Afterwards, she'd draw in a lengthy breath before sighing and stepping out of the arena. If she could not finish off her opponent physically, then she'd have to settle for a mental defeat. To belittle the efforts of your opponent to such a degree that even the notion of fighting back seemed laughable. Whether or not Shurik understood that some of what she said was actual, valid advice and not just a taunt was up to him.

She had more important things to deal with.

"Hell! That stings!" The adolescent girl curses as she roughly rubs the side of her head with her palm, painfully regretting her half-assed plan.
Alexander Kate

A couple of hours passed after the battle in training room...

"Pathetic"

"Stupid"

Now, now, these are just words. Words that he repeats to himself after each. Big. Failure. And still, they hurt enough. All negative emotions: shock, fear, sadness, desperation – they are all the roots to the tree that called "anger". There was a LARGE tree.

That stings too. And still, it would be not rational to burst out his anger on someone... Or something. Although some round cracks in the wall near bleach were seen, like he was punching it hard after awakening. And after that there were only aggressive push-ups, sit-ups and other exercises to bring pain to the muscles, inject an acid in his veins by heating himself, compensate the rage he was feeling. He use the advice "turn hate into power" well. He was hating some things, including something about himself, but never were disappointed in his physical weakness against someone, like Aka.

He is not going to be weak. He is not going to remain in the shadow of his father. He is not going to stop hating Mistral for the things they have done to his father. His rage is...

Tiring. After some repetitions, he fell on the cold ground. All body was burning painfully. Like his aura was drained, and he couldn't move properly. Well, he should take a meal after that. After some minutes of break, Shurik was deeply breathing, to cool his lungs and wipe some of the sweat. Now, he needs to eat.

He took his coat and holster with his gun. Now... It's not seems like his weapon is not so ultimatum after all. He's not only needs an additional strength, he needs more equipment and tools for the victory. He is gone from the training room now...
  • Information