Lights and Fight [Private Ela/Keid]

A fully functional gym, weight room, and state-of-the-art combat simulator.
Ela Motley
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Light Blue
Semblance Name: Dust Eater Frozen Mountain
Weapon Name: Lovetap

Studying and learning for all the interesting and important subjects the curriculum at Beacin offered were nice and Ela loved giving it her all when it came to internalizing and practicing all of it, sure some people may call her a nerd but she loved what she was doing.

Despite all her passion and the ease with which she was learning, at some point even her pretty head was gonna need a break.
And what better relief was there from mental work than some good old physical excercise.

Which is exactly what Ela was doing.
She had ditched her school uniform, a black sports bra and white loose top around her torso and some simple blue sneakers and black long sports pants clad her bottom.
It felt real nice to slip into some loose clothes, as her school uniform was a little tight at times.

Ela was curremtly infront of a heavy punching bag, the beigh leather recieved dent after dent as even the sand filling had little effect on the thumping noise filling the air from Ela's punches as it was swinging back and forth from its chains.
With a smile Ela wound up a particular heavy punch, her muscles tensed as with a loud jingling of the chains and a heavy thud from her punch, Ela uppercut the sand bag and sent it flying as one of the pieces of the chain gave up under the stress, not again.
"My bad, don't worry I'll get a new one right away."
She said and took the bag of the chain detaching the chain from the ceilling and went into the equipment room to find a spare.
Of course there were plenty, all the equipment here had been reinforced plenty times to make it as sturdy as possible, just so the students didn't break.their equipment any time they used it, but better save than sorry.
Soon Ela had reattached the punching bag, leaving it hanging for any other student that would want to use it.

As she instead took a break, by having a nice and cool drink on one of the many benches available.
Ela converses in 00FFFF
Keid Sharma
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Lantern fish photophores)
Aura Color: Pale orange
Semblance Name: Guiding Stars
Weapon Name: Borealis

People could live great lives without ever touching a punching bag. That's what Keid thought everytime he didn't use one and went to the firing range instead, both this year and the one before. He'd never seen the need to use one, in the north that was, because range wasn't always the best option against Vale's own variety of Grimm. Also, students and Huntsmen loved to punch each other when they could get away with it, and being used to it didn't let him dodge every hit.

He was insistent on staying away from opponents, but enough people told him to learn hand-to-hand that he decided to give it a try. So Beacon's had been his first punching bags after several years of training. He had been taught how to throw punches and kicks, though beginner tips and proper-ish form certainly weren't enough to yeet a punching bag like that woman just did.

"Hi, I'm Keid. Are you a first year?", he came up to her when she walked away, impressed. Between repeating the same movements over and over against an inert bag and getting some hands-on experience, in Keid's mind there wasn't even a choice. While exercising had value, he never felt as much progress as with a real opponent. "I wondered if you'd be up for a spar or two?", he got to the point immediately, which in his experience went well with most students. Maybe straight up asking for fights left and right could seem weird, but training often meant you weren't in the mood to exchange pleasantries.
*Chatters in #FFCC77*

Theme song / Extended profile
Ela Motley

Ela was expecting to have someone approach her for breaking that sand bag, but she was expecting it to be a member of the staff or an overseeing teacher, not a student asking her for a sparring match.
Ela was just looking at him very confused for a bit, well, she did just warm up, it would be a chance to waste this opportunity, and he did look pretty though too, well as though as a first year could look...in general she always felt kind of bad considering that she was a couple of years older than most students.
She got up, now standing a good foot over the excited faunus guy, at least she thought he was a faunus by the glowing bulbs on his neck, or perhaps he too had a semblance that altered his physiology ?
"The name is Ela, I'm afraid I'm not a first year, but a second year, if that is not an issue I'd be happy to spar with you Keid."
She showed him a warm smile, as she waited for him to give her the okay.

They soon walked to the combat ring together, Ela staying silent as they did.
Where once they arrived, Ela simply waited.
"If you wish to alter the ring somehow, please do go ahead, fist fighting is my forte, so it would only be fair if you also gained some sort of advantage."
She explained as she did a couple more leg stretches, she had not really gotten to warm them up yet besides some minor footwork while boxing.
"Oh, before I forget, should we use our semblances during this match ?"
Ela asked, then generated a glove made of rock around her outstretched fist, which she motioned to with her free hand.
"Mine lets me create rock armor around myself, I think it might be a little unfair depending on what your semblance does."
As usual, she was being upfront about this, not a lot of people she fought enjoyed punching stone or getting hit by it, she did not know what semblance Keid possessed or if he even unlocked his, though that seemed unlikely, most of the first years she had encountered had unlocked their semblances, some of them already looking very impressive.
Ela converses in 00FFFF
Keid Sharma

Ela was a bit intimidating, less from her imposing figure (though she looked even taller up close) and more because of her introduction. So she was focused on close quarters, which was the challenge Keid sought, but she was a second year and he didn't know the measure of her strength. "Not a problem", he returned her smile, "It's kinda motivating, in fact." He'd fought people his age before, or actual Huntsmen way above his level, but never someone with just one more year of experience. Did he stand a chance here, or was Beacon's training so good that there wouldn't be any contest?

The bare arena was indeed a hindrance, but one he would have to face again many times, so he'd make do with the disadvantage. "Thanks, but that's why I asked you, actually. I'm more comfortable at long range and I need to get better at hand-to-hand, or better at surviving it at least", he admitted and drew his gun for emphasis. Although she didn't seem to mind, her expression stayed hard to read.

He stopped loading his weapon to stare at Ela's display. "Wow, that's amazing!", he gushed after a pause. However tempting her offer to hold back was, Keid's curiosity won out in the end. "Hey, this might sound arrogant, but please don't go easy on me. I wanna see how much progress I have to make in one year." He'd worry about regretting that decision later. "Oh, and my semblance puts trackers on things", he added with a shrug and an aimless wave of his hand. "... Can't really show you, sorry." It was only fair to tell her in return.

Keid simply started the fight after they linked their Scrolls to the system, lighting up the Aura monitor without any of the ring's custom features. Borealis was before him at shoulder level, gravity Dust at the ready should he need to jump away, and trembling a little in anticipation.
*Chatters in #FFCC77*

Ela Motley

Well Keid was certainly ambitious, she raised her eyebrows at his request to not hold back, but she accepted it with a nod.
"Right then, I'll try my best not to restrain myself."
She said with a somewhat unsure smile, was he really going to be alright ?
This fight seemed stacked against him from the start, oh well, he chose the arena, and also asked her to not hold back, perhaps they could have a more even duel at some point.

And he was polite too, Ela really did feel bad...maybe she should hold back just a little ?
She was stuck in thought for just a little while she walked into the ring, she would simply see how well Keid would fare, she'd start off slow and if she had to she'd really crank up the pressure on the bright gunslinger.

Ela also linked up her scroll, displaying her own stats as well.
She took a deep breath, as with the rumbling of a landslide more rocks began to crawl up her arms until they were covered in solid stone, the cracks closing with a resounding crunch.
"I am ready when you are."
She said with an encouraging smile, lifting her arms in a defensive position, clenching her rock mittens into fists.
Ela converses in 00FFFF
Keid Sharma

Ela's meaning wasn't entirely clear; was that a worry, a warning or an expression of confidence? Was she that used to holding back? That didn't bode well, but Keid didn't fancy victory even before she said that and displayed her semblance. He chose to focus on the spar instead. Ela was already a problematic opponent even without the experience gap.

"Ready", he breathed and opened the hostilities with an obvious shot aimed straight at her guard; a purple ball of pure force that usually sent people flying... He didn't think that would work on the brawler, if it connected. His hope was to see how these rocks held up first, whether he could break them or he'd have to find a way around. Moving as soon as the Dust was fired, Keid started circling Ela clockwise, as standing still had proved a bad idea for the earlier sandbag. With any luck, her armor would slow her down a bit.
*Chatters in #FFCC77*

Ela Motley

Ela easily blocked the shot, the solid rocks of her armor being chipped ever so slightly by the impact but reforming just a split second later to show no dent left in the armor, yet what Ela did not consider was the dust loaded into the shot.
While Ela was heavy, dust was still very strong, so with a surprised gasp Ela found herself lifted off her feet, though she was still heavy so once she realized what Keid had done she'd brace for impact and with a well-timed roll mitigated her possibly rough landing to a mild annoyance.
"Well, your gun certainly packs a punch, I did not expect that."
She offered with a smile, yet quickly focusing back on herself.

She sighed, as with more rumbling rocks collected at her calves and feet as rocky boots formed under her, spikes grew under the soles and with a powerful stomp Ela had anchored herself to the arena floor, knocking her back would be much harder now.
The rocks on her feet and arms slowly began to spread along her knee's and torso, forming more armor as Ela began her sprint towards Keid, alebit slowly as she had to make sure to plant her spikes into the floor, her arms were still lifted in a defensive pose as she would now pay close attention to his gun, perhaps she could tell the dust he would shoot next by color, it would be bad if he had something like combustion dust loaded in there, her proclamation of confidence would be put to the test rather quickly should his weapon hold more firepower than she first anticipated.
Ela converses in 00FFFF
Keid Sharma

Impressively, Borealis did manage to lift Ela off the ground, but her armor didn't even crack. Keid changed his aim to her unprotected legs, only for rocks to form there and start on her chest too, shielding most of her front. "I guess the rocks stay", he lamented. She wouldn't suffer the same recoil again, judging by the dents her feet left in the ground. He fired a second shot anyway, which the armored fighter pushed through easily.

On the bright side, the added weight made her slower than him; they weren't running in a straight line however. Skirting the edges of the ring gave Keid more distance to cover, and forced him to use his gun for movement rather than offense. "The armor suits you, by the way! Goes well with your hair!", he shouted between leaps, more by habit than anything else, while he thought about how well the chase would end. At some point he'd be out of ammo and unable to keep up.

Knowing he had to deal damage somehow, Keid stopped just long enough to switch his weapon's mode and change directions, propelled five feet over Ela's still unprotected head by the next gravity shot. Hopefully she didn't have a way to reach him that high, because he hadn't thought about it before jumping. This was the best option either way, allowing him to shoot a bright beam of burn dust from above, and worry about the landing after.
Last edited by Keid Sharma on Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Chatters in #FFCC77*

Ela Motley

Ela chuckled at his comment, well he was definitly a very polite student, with a good mindset, something that Ela could appreciate.

"Yes, I'm afraid you will have to up your fire power to damage my armor."
She said while blocking his shot with a relaxed motion of her arm, this fight really was not taxing for her, but Keid did ask her to take this seriously.

Oh, she had focused on the chase but he turned suddenly!
Wait...a heads on approach, did he want to tackle her ?!
Ela looked caught of guard for just a split secomd before she charged at him her arms quickly lifting to grab Keid but...the only thing she grabbed was air, crap!
Using her momentum Ela swivled around just in time for her eyes to catch a glympse of the fire streaking towards her, she narrowly lifted her arms infront of her face.
But he did hit her, her aura gauge had lowered on the stat screen overhead.

Yet Ela lowered her hands, still smiling.
"First you compliment my hair, now you try and burn it. Thats a strange compliment, no ?"
She shook her head, as then a stone mask and helmet formed around her head, hair dirmly tucked inside.
"Guess I'll have to keep it safe until you make up your mind."
With a knock to her helmet Ela's armor then completed, as the pieces forming on her chest met those crawling up her stomach.

With out another word Ela then sprinted forward, much faster than before, if Keid were to look carefully Ela's armor had left some freedom for her joints, the weight of her armor now seemed to be doing very little to slow her down as Ela with a jump decended ipon Keid, one fist still held defensivly as the other threatend to punch him.
Ela converses in 00FFFF
Keid Sharma

Keid landed, rolled and sprung to his feet hurriedly... but she let him, surprisingly. She just let him step away and smiled at getting a faceful of fire. Shouldn't he be the one pleased to get a hit in? "Don't worry, burnished hair is trendy this season", he quipped as he levelled Borealis at her again. The gun dropped as quickly as his smile when her face — his target — disappeared behind more stones, completing a full suit of armor.

"Oh gods... can you even breathe in there?" was all he had time to say before Ela rocketed towards him, much faster than he'd thought possible. With no time to dodge and no wish to parry, Keid switched Borealis to gravity by instinct.
Too bad he hadn't done that before, because his next shot was still leftover fire Dust: all he could do was try to get out of the way and send a wave of flames between them. Maybe it threw her off; Keid wasn't sure if he took a punch, an elbow or a whole arm. He just saw rock, then the ceiling, and thanked the gods for aura after crashing into the ground. That one blow was enough to make him dizzy.

At least he was back to gravity shots, one to throw himself away once more and a second to stop before he went off the ring. In terms of offense, though, there weren't many options left. 'Up his fire power'? Gravity Dust was his most powerful, and fire wasn't of much use now. Unless he managed to hit her eyes, but the faunus wouldn't try that in a spar. Instead he decided his best chance would be to try and trip her, so he'd shoot her legs as much as he could when she moved again.
*Chatters in #FFCC77*

Ela Motley

Ela ignored his comments in exchange for keeping up the pressure, yet the flame blast did misdirect her, she hit something, her sense of touch was pf course all but gone with the rock armor covering her hand.
Yet she did see Keid flying so her punch must have connected, that landing certainly looked like it did, shit, Keid already looked pretty hurt, she diden't see his aura flicker but the way he crashed onto the floor and got up as if he was dizzy made her feel bad.
She should have held back!

Yet he leveled his gun at her again, he seemed determined to keep fighting and this fight would drag on if she were to chase him down, something she did not want to do as Keid was in no shape to fight her and because she could not surprise him with her speed anymore.

Ela sighed, as she blocked the shots with her hands, taking them and the minor knockback without any issue as she was still going over the conflict in her head, well guess there was very litte she could do otherwise.

Going into a sprinting stance, with her body low to the ground and arms raised to cover her face, Ela raced towards Keid, this time she was ready for any jumps he wanted to do and an outstretched ankle or wrist was just what she was looking for.

As Ela reached him she raised herself up, towering over Keid her hands lifted high above her head as she blocked most of the space he had to flee.
With her hands reaching for him Ela was quick to take hold of Keid.
She grabbed him, her strong stone hands holding onto him with a vics grip and... she did nothing.
"Tag, you lost."
She gave him a little poke to his chest, her armor now falling away as he could see her smile again.
Letting go of him, Ela wiped away what rock remained on her person.
"That was a good fight, you should bring some combustion dust if we spar again."
Ela noted, stretching her arms a little, happy to have them free again.
Ela converses in 00FFFF
Keid Sharma

Standing his ground in front of Ela might have been the msot brainless thing Keid ever tried. She just caught freaking Gravity bullets like beach balls until his empty vial pinged off the ground, but by that point she'd crossed the distance and nearly surrounded him by herself.

"Yeah...", he gulped after she 'tagged' him, because a clean hit clearly would've knocked him out. Now that he had time to glance at the screen, the faunus could see his Aura barely above half... from light acrobatics and a single punch.
"Damn, you hit like a Goliath", he cringed as he caught his breath. Luckily she didn't look miffed that he targeted her hair... which had only been possible because she didn't take him seriously. Granted, he didn't have his smoke bombs, but they wouldn't have helped damage her armor anyway. Keid understood why she offered to hold back now, after getting cornered so easily by Ela's one trick; who knew what else she could do? There wasn't even a weapon in those giant hands.

He did think about how to handle her Semblance but combustion Dust hadn't crossed his mind, mostly because Borealis wasn't supposed to handle explosive mixes. If he destroyed the gun with untested Dust, he wouldn't have much hope of getting another for free, or even keeping his sponsorship. All of his other — safer — ideas would require him to change his usual ammo...

All in all, their spar was impressively uneven; but Ela thought it good, so maybe Keid wasn't too outmatched.
"You still held back... and thanks for that", he conceded sheepishly. "I shouldn't have underestimated you." And wasn't that one of the first lessons he learnt? "Are all second years on your level? That's a huge skill gap for one year of training..." Maybe Beacon's standards were just significantly higher than other schools.
*Chatters in #FFCC77*

Ela Motley

Ela was trying her absolute best to avoid this, Keid seemed really down after this loss, which was understandable, it was a very one-sided fight after all.
"Ah, I'm so sorry, you did well, really well in fact. But yes, you should not have underestimated me. Next time, maybe pick an arena where I can't just run straight at you."
She motioned behind her, at the open arena, one that allowed her all the movement in the world with no obstructions, some obstructions that could have saved Keid from her attacks using his much higher mobility.
"And as for my level, I don't think I'm that good, there are many second years that are of a higher level than me, but some that may be worse ? Either way, this isn't really a matter of "level" but more so of my abilities just countering most of your kit very reliably. But you're pretty skilled in how you use that many types of dust and with how mobile you are, so I'm confident there are many other students that you can beat in a duel."
She explained, hoping that this would make Keid feel a bit better.

Maybe there was something else she could do to cheer him up ?
"Either way, my workout and our duel did get me hungry, would you want to grab a bite to eat ?"
Ela asked, grabbing her things she had laid to the side of the ring.
"I'll just need to bring my things into the locker first."
Ela converses in 00FFFF
  • Information