Rip and Tear (Invite Only)

A fully functional gym, weight room, and state-of-the-art combat simulator.
Nym Magenta
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Fox, Tail + Ears)
Aura Color: Magenta
Semblance Name: Foresight
Weapon Name: Whisper

The sound of a heavy duty dust engine blared from the training room. The floor was pocked with scorch marks and scoring from a weapon that only a huntress could use. Discarded training dummies were scattered about haphazardly and in the center of the room stood a short fox faunus with a vicious looking weapon. A two handed chainsword emitted a low rumble as it sat in her steady grip. Nym had been practicing for about the last fifteen minutes. She revved her weapon and it roared again. Her focus was set on the target in front of her, a few dozen meters. While her aura and training afforded her more speed than the average person, there were ways she could boost it further. Raising her weapon above her head, she hit the gas and swung downward at the floor. The chain dug into the floor as her legs kicked off, propelling her forward with velocity she couldn't otherwise achieve. The gap between her and the target closed in a flash. Too fast! Nym's eyes narrowed as she turned the strike into an impromptu body slam, sending the target clattering to the floor as she blew through it, feet sliding across the floor as she managed to keep her balance.

"Tch," she muttered, obviously disappointed with the result as she went to reset her target. She was still getting used to trying this maneuver over longer ranges. The arc she needed to create was different. Being able to know the angle she'd have to be flying at just by feel was going to take work, but it had to be done. It had to be something she could simply do when the time called for it. No thinking, no calculating, she had to know that if the enemy was that far away, moving that fast, it felt like this to hit the target. Anything slower than being able to do it as easily as running or jumping could mean death.

So she propped the target back up, brushed some of the dirt off the pants of her short shorts, and began walking back towards the point where she'd started from.
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel
Race: Faunus (Black Cat, ears and tail)
Aura Color: Purple and pink
Semblance Name: Witch Way
Weapon Name: Orchid

The combat training facilities... Before arriving at Beacon, Fuchsia had never seen such places, the only thing this state-of-the-art she'd seen before was the inside of an Atlesian jail cell. But this... Well, this was an improvement over that, for sure. The alleycat slinked along the hallway down the corridor lined with various rooms where students were practicing, the sounds of mock battles filling her large ears and making her blood hum with excitement. She was still in awe of this place. Here she was, one minuscule Faunus among many, all training to become the best warriors Remnant had to offer.

She'd decided to try something new today, so rather than her usual pants, she was wearing a small pair of denim shorts that were quite flattering but rather breathable and non-restrictive. She had a light tanktop on made of mesh-like white-striped, black jersey material, it clung to her figure like a second skin, a gift from Dargo for her training days. In his nerdy words, 'better to breathe than to choke lest your sweat join your blood', whatever that meant. The ol' four-eyes was right about one thing though, it was comfortable as heck. Over this she wore her usual jacket, which she planned to shed the moment she was ready to start her workout. And, for once, she carried her weapon without concealing it. The two-foot-long pair of handles, with their carved dragons roaring loudly, was braced over her shoulder while she searched for an empty room to hopefully begin today's session. She pursed her lips and blew, and a great purple bubble swelled from her mouth before popping, her tongue collecting the gum before she continued to chew it. They were right, gum did help with nervous energy.

Fuchsia had been about to enter a room on the left side of the hall when something caught her ear, and it twitched and turned, the other one joining it now as it searched left and then right, the two black triangles pivoting about in an attempt to locate the source. Then, she heard it again. It was a revving like an engine, combined with the whirring of machinery... A chainsaw? Was somebody practicing with a fucking chainsaw? The amusement lit her eyes and her old instinct kicked in. People watch, now, go find, go watch! She had to see this for herself!

It turned out that the noise was coming from just across the hall, and she turned about-face and went to the door. When she poked her head inside, a smile blossomed onto her face, because she recognized immediately who the owner of this strange weapon was.

It was that girl from the mall. She was wearing the shorts from that day, in fact, the gift from a stranger that had felt like the beginning of a friend.

She couldn't help herself, she stepped inside the training room and for a moment she watched in amazement as Nym performed what appeared to be some kind of chainsaw-driven flying attack. Then she picked up the dummy, and turned around, and walked in her direction.

The black cat Faunus tried to act natural, rather than like she was peeking or something, and jammed a hand in her pocket, rocking back onto her heels, the other hand that had been clutching her weapon waved while bracing the thing on her wrist and shoulder.

"Heyyyy, it's you! Ahhh... Nym, right?" she said in greetings, a cheerful tone and her relaxed body language were hopefully friendly enough not to make things awkward!

She whistled low for a second when she got a better look at the beast of a weapon Nym was holding.

"Daaaamn, and who might this lovely lady be?" she asked, her tail switching from left to right behind her and her face adopting a pointy grin.
Main themesong:

We used to watch the butterflies / Floating among the raindrops
But time will worry us into the dirt
Nym Magenta

She'd heard the door open, and the smell wafting in was familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it until it's owner spoke up and Nym turned to look in her direction. It was the cat faunus she'd met at the mall a while back and bought a pair of shorts for. Her mind scrambled to remember the name she'd been given. It started with 'F.' Nym pulled Whisper up to rest on her shoulder while she gave the girl a wave. "G'day, uh...F..." She squinted for a second before the lightbulb went off. "Fu. Sorry, been a minute'r two since the mall n' that. Sorry fer bein' such a stranga' too." They'd exchanged contact information, but things in Nym's social life had been up and down since then. Still, it wasn't cool that she'd just left the girl totally hanging since then. Her eyes turned back towards Whisper as Fu called attention to her weapon.

"Oh? S'my weapon, Whispa'." She revved the engine in an effort to underscore how quiet she could be with it. "Chainsaw katana, n' s'got a minigun fer a ranged form, but I don' like usin' that 'alf as much as jus' swingin' 'er around." Fu hadn't started walking in the room and Nym quickly realized why. She was just barging into a private training session with someone she'd only met once. Nym could have been pissed to be interrupted! Well, not today, and cute girls usually got a bit more leniency if their heart was in the right place. She beckoned Fu over. "Y' don' 'ave t' stand there, y'can come in, love."
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel

Fu grinned when Nym took a second on her name. Classic. Most people didn't get it on the first try, and often times they found the shorter version to be much easier to remember, so she wasn't bothered in the slightest. In fact, it was a bit amusing.

"Ahh, don't worry about it. I coulda called you if I needed attention. And I would've, too," she purred, but took the invitation to enter and a second to look around the place. Nice digs... It was her first time in one of the combat rooms.

"A serious piece of hardware, yo. I wanted to drop in and see who was revvin' the chainsaw, didn't expect to see you here, it's totally rad to bump into you like this, though... You look like a bad ass now, definite change of pace, lovin' the look," she said, inclining a finger toward Nym and offering a friendly smile.

"I brought my baby too," Fu mentioned, then grasped one of the handles of her sword, flipping it downward to open it up, rolling it sideways, and with a practiced movement, used her thumb to catch the loop of leather that bound the handles in place, slipping it over the opposite end so they wouldn't separate again. Now what had just been a pair of sticks stuck together looked more like a two-foot-long combat knife, with a serrated edge on the back and a razor sharp blade running along the length underneath the lotus flower engravings.

"It looks fancy, but it's really just a big ass butterfly knife with a couple Dust canisters attached. No guns involved like that beautiful machine. Whisper, huh? Wouldn't want to end up on the wrong side of it... Jeez. Scary." She shouldered her blade again, holding the bottom of the base with one hand and propping it up against herself like a rifle.

"Hope you don't mind me bargin' in like this... I know curiosity could kill me some day," she added with a smirk.
Main themesong:

Nym Magenta

Nym grinned and looked towards one of the nearby combat dummies, a hint of color coming to her cheeks at Fu's compliment. Cute girls could flatter her all day. Her gaze didn't stray for long, though, drawn back by the flipping motion and the glint of steel. Butterfly knives were a lot more threatening than they looked. Normal people probably only saw them in vids on their scrolls while browsing the net. She'd seen them in action. Easily concealed, relatively easy to use with a little practice, they were a hit and run special on the streets of Wind Path. Nym had always hated the clicking noise they made as they flipped open. For the longest time it had been a signal to run. Not so much now, though.

"Yeah, she's a real beaut," Nym said as she tapped the engine of her weapon lightly with her head, then, since it seemed she was talking now instead of fighting, she turned the handle. The chain retracted and the weapon transformed into something resembling an engine on a stick. It went over her shoulder, handle sticking up at an angle as it seemed to stick right between her shoulder blades. "S'nice t'know I look intimidatin', heh. You don' gotta be scared'a me, though. I don' mind ya poppin' in like this, ain't about t' get mad someone's tryin' t' keep me comp'ny. M' jus' practicin' techniques, I ain't doin' anything that important."

She grabbed one of her own wrists and stretched her arms out overhead, arcing her back just until she heard a light pop before letting them drop back down. "Whatchu up to, Fu?"
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel

The alleycat knew the dangerous side of butterfly knives well, as they'd been her weapon of choice for years. If you did it right, you could cut a throat in less than a second, not that she'd ever used them for that purpose, but they certainly were lethal. They were also quite illegal where she came from, which added to the mystique for her. It had become something of a hobby of hers to learn how to use one as a teenager, she could remember playing with it for hours, it was an effective way to keep anxious hands occupied. That extended out to her current weapon, though the practice of using a much larger blade was a whole lot more difficult, which is exactly what brought her here today.

"Ah, you know, just thought I'd get some practice in with the ol' Avenger," she responded, hoisting her weapon up a little bit to signify what she was referring to.

"I'm sure it's just as tricky to wield a chain-sword as it is to use a butterfly-sword, so hey. S'pretty cool that yours collapses like mine, too, heh, didn't expect that. I'm still getting used to the crazy tech around here... I'm definitely not as well-versed in how this stuff works. Honestly, some people's weapons just seem impossible to me, and yet it's just as difficult to find a sword that's not also a gun around here as it is to understand how they can transform like that. Back in Mantle the most you got were big rifles but they weren't also blades or anything crazy. I guess I did see an Atlas Academy student whippin' around the city during a Grimm attack once or twice, that was always somethin' to watch. Heh, and now here I am, gunna be one of 'em. Speaking of... Maybe we could train together? It's always nice to have a workout buddy, right?" Fu said, lowering her arm and holding her blade out by her hip. Her other hand ran over one of her ears nervously.

"I mean... if you're okay with me being a beginner and all... I figure you can probably teach me a thing or two, huh?" If what she'd seen earlier was any indication, Nym had considerable skill, she hadn't had the pleasure of seeing somebody move like that very often.
Main themesong:

Nym Magenta

Nym didn't really want to admit that she was in the same boat as Fu. She barely knew enough about her weapon to do basic maintenance on it. It was a good thing it was built by a professional huntsman. It could take a beating and keep on going. No, she wouldn't be able to replicate it if she'd lost it with the knowledge that she had right now. Fu's question got her to blink. A sparring partner? Teaching her a thing or two? "Err...yeah, 'bout that..." she said, trailing off, thinking about if there was a nice way to phrase what she was about to say. "I, uh, don' mind sparrin' witcha, but I ain't exactly the best teacha' or nothin'. I...mostly jus' spar with Ax, 'cuz we work togetha' so well n' we've kinda got it down..." She rubbed the back of her neck, a look of consternation on her face. She wasn't going to say no, though.

"I'm...look, I ain't sayin' no or nothin', but you sure you wanna fight with me? Don' think yer a pushova' or nothin', but...'m pretty sure I'd jus' end up clobberin' ya." If Fu was self-describing as a beginner there was probably a significant gap between their abilities. Nym had two whole years of training at Beacon on her. While she wasn't sure what sort of background Fu had before coming to Beacon, she'd met very few students that had done as much fighting or gotten the instruction that she had. What did you really learn from being totally dismantled by a foe who was way out of your league? But she did want to help Fu if Fu wanted her help. Birds of a feather, right? Being a respectable huntress meant helping people in need, too. Plus, it wasn't like it was impossible to learn from getting annihilated, especially if the person doing the annihilating could tell you why you were getting annihilated. Maybe it wasn't a totally crazy idea?
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel

Fuchsia felt like her enthusiasm was drained of a little steam with the way Nym responded, even if she didn't give a no. If she was honest with herself, she had no idea if she was any good at this sort of thing, or not, because she'd simply never been in a setting like this with an opportunity like this before. However, she trusted her own skill enough not to get completely discouraged, so she perked up a little bit, puffed out her chest, put her hands on her hips, and nodded firmly.

"If I'm meant to get clobbered, then I'd rather a pretty girl clobber me than some slobbering beastie out in the woods," she said matter-of-factly, "But besides that... Don't discount me so easy. I may not look like much, or, well, I mean I guess I always look fabulous, but you know what I mean... But anyway, I may not look like much, but I know a thing or two about playin' rough. You don't have standoffs with soldiers and come out alive without picking up on how to... Er... Stay alive." She smirked, flipped the leather strap loose on her handles, then spun the Avenger closed again in one fluid, practiced motion.

"I'm game if you are, I gotta watch my girlish figure somehow, and- ...Wait. Did you say Ax? As in pretty-pink bird-feathers Ax?" She'd almost missed the name drop, distracted as she was by the task at hand, but that was a bit more than a simple curiosity to her. Ax was pretty much one of a very small group of names she knew on campus at the moment, and certainly the most significant. The mental image she conjured up when thinking of that tall glass of water distracted her momentarily, but she shook away the vision of long legs and a charming smile and her eyebrow arched over one narrowed, golden eye.

"Hmmm... Didn't think you knew each other. Quite a coincidence, I'd say between you and Vlithra, Ax is the only other person I've met so far around here. Well, in any case, having not seen her in action yet, I have nothing to compare to, and so I will just assume she's as bad ass as I expected, as bad ass as you are, and would probably also kick my ass, good to note for the future." She tapped her chin with her weapon a couple times.

"Anywho, hot bird girls aside, I'm game for a little one-on-one training if you are." She put her weight onto one long leg, offered Nym a sly grin, somewhat on the devilish side, and waited for her response.
Main themesong:

Nym Magenta

Nym sighed quietly and grinned at Fu's defiant stance and apparent attraction towards the idea of getting clobbered by a girl. She was really sweet, and Nym could feel her heart softening up. Her attitude was admirable, the same sort of attitude that Nym had towards training. Fu probably could take a total loss and learn something from it, and despite the vast difference in their experiences she was still a student at Beacon. She could probably put up at least a little bit of a fight. A laugh escaped her. Of course Fu knew Ax. Ax was the most popular girl on campus, just about everyone knew about her, but Fu had apparently gotten to know her more than just as a passing face. She waited until Fu had said what was on her mind to talk.

"Stars, yer bleedin' adorable," Nym said with a shake of her head. "Guess 'm a cat person afta' all." She put her hands into the pockets of her short shorts and lightly cocked one of her hips to the side. "Me n' Ax 're best friends. Known 'er since I came t' Beacon. Met 'er on me first day 'ere n' we've been partners since then. And, uh..." Nym looked up towards the ceiling as she searched her thoughts. Was there a good way to describe how competent Ax was in a fight? Her eyes came back down and landed on Fu. "Well, she's a bloody terror, but we mostly go even when we're sparrin'. I d'no 'ow t' tell ya how good she is otha' than she's real bloody good n' she n' I are pretty much dead even in wins...I think? We don' really keep track anymore." Well, Nym didn't keep track. She wasn't sure that Ax wasn't logging all of them in a spreadsheet somewhere with detailed notes on what happened in each match.

Fu was too charming to say no to, not that Nym had really wanted to say no to her in the first place. "So, yeah, I don' mind sparrin' witcha. Any special rules or requests or anythin' like that? I...know a little bit 'bout structured trainin', but f'you jus' want me t' come atcha full force I c'n do that too. I c'n try doin' whateva' ya like, Fu."
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel

There was a certain level of vanity that Fu kept about her, so obviously she accepted the compliment by batting her pretty eyelashes and tossing her long, flowing hair over her shoulder. She was adorable, wasn't she? The next comment earned a chuckle from her, though. Well, let the cat jokes begin. She was no stranger to them, in fact she knew all the best ones.

"Well now, ain't that a thing? Maybe we should all hit the mall or somethin' sometime in the future, then?" she offered, leaving it at that on the topic of Ax. Pretty bird girls were probably the one thing that sought to distract her from her real mission here: becoming a full-fledged Huntress. While she was known to be a lazy cat in her own regard, this she was convicted toward, and in her mind, nothing would get in the way of that.

So when talk resumed of a little test of skill between her and Nym, her waning attention snapped right back in place.

"Hmm... How about one? No Semblances. Think you can manage that? Dargo says I over-rely on mine, and I need to focus on my fundamentals or whatever... So just some solid hand-to-hand, huh? I guess what I heard is we're supposed to go like... Until first Aura break? No blood or anything! I don't feel like gettin' my tail chopped off by a chainsaw today, even if I could get a slick robotic replacement, haha... Eugh. That would actually really suck, I like how fluffy it is," she said, and hugged her tail to her chest momentarily. It snuggled up against her cheek. Best friends~!

She began to walk to the other side of the training room, stretching her arms over her head as she did, letting her tail lazily float about behind her. Once she was in place, she did some more stretches, limbering up for her workout.

"Just a sec here... ...Okay, I'm ready," she groaned as she stretched a few more times, then stood up straight and took a deep breath, trying to shift her mind toward combat. Part of her thought Nym was just a cute girl, but she could actually see her muscles, and looked them over once, steeling her heart for the job. There was no use for feelings on a battlefield, after all... Or something zen like that, right? She waited for Nym to get into place, wondering which of them might make the first move.
Main themesong:

Nym Magenta

Nym laughed again as she watched Fu snuggle her tail. She felt similarly. There was no way she'd be able to fight as well without it to help counterbalance. Getting a replacement would be mandatory, but having a steel tail instead of flesh and fur and bone made her skin crawl. They could probably get a replica built with fur if there was enough money involved, but she would much rather not have to deal with that at all. "Right, first break's fine wif' me." Cocky as it may have been, she wasn't to worried about her own aura breaking, and she could always tell the kitty cat that she'd dug her own grave if she was feeling particularly sore after their bout. Setting up the aura tracking software was a pain in the ass anyways. Neither one of them using their semblance probably put Nym at a greater advantage, if she had to guess. She had no idea what Fu's semblance was, but if it was just a contest of pure technique, well...well, she hadn't seen Fu fight at all! She needed to stop mentally trashing her opponent. Coming at everyone seriously, that was what she always did. Just because the cat was cute didn't mean it was defenseless.

"Right, no semblances neitha'. Jus' t'prove 'm bein' honest witcha, my semblance only works when me eyes turn this cola'." Nym channeled her semblance, looking a fraction of a fraction of a second into the future to expend as little aura as possible. Her eyes flashed to the color of the sky before turning back to gold a second later. "F'you see me doin' that, means 'm cheatin'." If Fu wanted to explain her own semblance, she could, but Nym wasn't about to pressure her into it. If she could really use her semblance without Nym noticing that would be impressive in and of itself. Plus, it was only a sparring match! Nothing was really on the line except for Nym's pride, and hardly even that.

Nym moved slowly over towards the opposite side of the room and stood about as far away from the wall as Fu did. She was already warmed up plenty and didn't feel the need to do any stretching. "Oh, er, I c'n be...maybe a lil' intense, so...f'you really gotta tap out, no shame in that, jus' be loud about it, eh?" Sometimes you just needed to. Nym had done it before, and so had Ax. Sometimes you couldn't get your head in the game or it got taken out of the game. There wasn't any shame in needing to stop early. She shifted her legs, putting one forward. Reaching back with her right hand, Nym grabbed the handle of Whisper, drew, shifted it into chainsaw mode, and slammed it into the ground in front of her in one fluid motion, catapulting herself forward at Fu. It was just like the knife tossing she'd been doing with Johnny, but with her whole body. She'd even gotten the arc just right! A powerful, vertical strike aiming to split her opponent right down the middle, screaming across the training room at Fu with murderous intent.
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel

"Right. And if you see any of this," Fuchsia said, and her Aura flooded onto her weapon, spreading a slow, purple smudge of dark, wispy energy along the bottom of her handle.

"That means I'm cheating." She grinned, and started shaking off her weapon, using her Aura to force out the infectious stain of her Semblance, the hexed Aura stubbornly refusing to go but slowly receding. Then, she looked up, but Nym was already gone!

Fuchsia hadn't expected how quickly Nym started in on her. She'd only just said she was ready a moment before, when all of a sudden there was a cute fox girl basically flying through the air right at her head! It was a telegraphed move, but the speed was astonishing. A little taken aback, she barely managed to leap sideways and roll out of the way before Nym came down on her, throwing her whole body out and tumbling across the floor, rolling over her shoulder, then finally coming to a stop a few feet away. Then, she quickly scrambled upright. Well then, she guessed 'intense' was probably the right word for this. She knew she had to act fast or else Nym would be at her again, but luckily, fast was her strong suit.

The moment she felt herself come to a complete stop and her footing felt steady, she took a few long steps back toward Nym, leveraging her weight into her arm as she swung wide, her weapon arcing through the air as it unfolded. She aimed the other handle toward Nym's shoulder, using the outstretched full length of both handles to double her reach in order to bridge the distance between the two of them fast enough to get a hit in. She didn't want to waste the time closing the distance, but the trade off was that the hit wasn't a strong one, the blow not carrying much more force than weight of the weapon alone. Still, it wasn't insignificant.

The moment she felt it either connect, or miss, she flipped her weapon backward, rolling the piece in her hand across where her thumb met her palm, letting the force of the motion spin the whole thing around so she could grip the other handle and hold the blade out in front of her.

"Not bad, you might be almost as fast as me!" she taunted, and now the look on her face had changed. She wore a cocky smirk, but her eyes were narrowed, predatory, her adrenaline had begun to pump through her body, it excited her and made her blood heat up.
Main themesong:

Nym Magenta

Nym's arc was shallow and direct, more like a bullet than an arrow, but against trained opponents with aura control from such a long distance it would be tough to land a direct hit. Fu was such an opponent. Time felt like it was slowing to a crawl as she watched her foe dodge bodily out of the way of an impact that would have flattened her. No, she hadn't expected to annihilate her opponent in one blow, she was trying to get a read on her style. They'd never fought before, never interacted in combat, never watched each other fight. They were fighting each other blind. Was Fu prone to blocking? Dodging? Parrying? What side did she favor? What bad habits would she repeatedly use? Technique was only one half of the battle, information was the other.

The fox's landing was far more controlled than one might have expected from such a brutish launch. Her grip on her weapon changed the moment she could see Fu beginning to dodge. No use swinging her weapon at thin air, she braced herself for landing, feet planting hard against the concrete flooring. She pivoted hard, using the chainsaw as a counterbalance to immediately throw herself at the advancing Fu. The cat's stance, the swing of her weapon, it was a jab of a strike. Nym didn't bother trying to avoid it. Her aura flashed magenta as the handle struck her shoulder, Nym ploughing forward like a freight train. If Whisper connected it would hurt a hell of a lot more. Aura was as much a resource as stamina or ammo. Most students preferred expending it to use their semblance. She couldn't blame them, it was definitely the less painful option, but without a semblance to use in this fight she could afford a little more wiggle room with how many hits she allowed herself to take.
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel

Fuchsia realized her mistake almost the split second she made it. She'd shouted a taunt, she'd struck out at Nym, but the choice of attack, while it was fast, wasn't hard enough. Nym capitalized on this fact. No sooner than her blow struck home did she realize that Nym was already at her again, she'd thought that the fox might be fast, but this was certainly a surprise, to find an opponent pretty much just as fast as her!

Regardless of her own personal speed, her lack of training against any opponent that could match her speed quickly became apparent as Nym batted her aside like a ball on a court, crashing her weapon up against Fu's shoulder and chest and sending her hurtling backward with the blow. One second she'd been standing there with a nice, firm footing, and the next she found herself getting a good view of the ceiling before her world spun and she hit the ground and rolled. She righted her balance with her tail and an arm, though, and slid to a halt on one knee, gritting her teeth. Yeowch. That one had hurt. Still, with her Aura not depleted, and a sudden determination, she decided to match that speed herself, and as soon as her eyes were on Nym again, she took off in a run to close the distance between them.

Leaping high in to the air, and with a good intimidating shout of a battlecry, she brought her blade down at an angle from above, aiming right for Nym's head!

"HYAAAAAH!"
Main themesong:

Nym Magenta

She'd caught Fu off guard with her speed and willingness to take a hit in order to send one right back. Whisper's chain and Nym's brute strength had sent the cat flying a good distance. She didn't wait for Fu to recover before running after her target. Fu hadn't even hit the floor before Nym was giving chase, sizing her up, guessing at her stopping point, getting ready for another hammer blow. The less time you gave your opponent to think, the less space, the greater a chance they would make a mistake. To Fu's credit, she could recover from the hit quickly enough for Nym not to be on top of her by the time she got her bearings. Again, she came at Nym head on. Perhaps too head on. Maybe Fu had been inspired by Nym's reckless charge!

The fox was happy to meet her mid air, pushing off the ground with tremendous force, propelling herself upwards, directly at Fu, aiming to body slam her, holding her chainsaw at an angle to protect her head from the telegraphed attack coming from Fu. The rotating chain was just as powerful on defense as it was on offense.
  • Information