Hoops and Tightropes (Open)

A fully functional gym, weight room, and state-of-the-art combat simulator.
Bartok Evergreen
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

The fact that Erin sauntered up to him and told him not to worry with a voice that, if this were a film, would denote her a lying buddie trying to lure him in with a silky purr. But no way this was written out like some script or book, so it must be fine. Plus, Erin was his best friend. He wasn't the most enthused that she wanted to close his shirt, but Erin normally didn't react the same as other girls to his moves.

Then Kailyn told him that he could worry and... what the...? Bartok raised an eyebrow. Did she do a flip or something? Her movements had been odd and he wasn't quite sure what she did, but she seemed to ready herself for when he wanted to run the course.

"I wouldn't say I'll worry about it as much as look forward to it." He smiled his smile that melted knees before crouching, ready to run the course. He gave a few extra clicks of his tongue to once more get a glimps of everything before trying to adapt preemptively to the gravity shift, imagining it in his head. "Alright then Kaily! Let's start!" He told her, deliperately leaving out the 'n' of her name.
Erin Cherrywood
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus - Racoon Tail
Aura Color: Gold
Semblance Name: Vertigo
Weapon Name: Urumi Pendulum

Erin stepped back and retied her hair into a high ponytail as she watched Kailyn and Bartok interact. It was a far cry from the dynamic they'd had at their last school. They hadn't ever moved beyond passing comments back then. It was weird to think about. In between their time at Signal and now they'd all grown and changed quite a bit. She herself was making jokes and attempting to make a few friends, Bartok was the life of the party and girls didn't just tell him to shove off anymore, and Kailyn - who she albeit didn't know all too well before - was egging on Bartok. It was strange what a few years could do. She hadn't even noticed the changes before just now.

"Is everyone getting a nickname now? Makes me feel a little less special." She joked as she got herself into a spotter's position. If Bartok fell she would catch him.
There is no such thing as justice, the best that we can hope for is revenge
Kailyn Keison
Race: Faunus (Crotalinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

At Bartok's signal, Kailyn altered his gravity and set herself into a runner's pose, as she'd have to race along the floor next to the course as he ran it, lest he find himself out of range in midair - something that Kailyn knew from experience tended to cause significant injury if the shift in gravity was unexpected, especially to someone who wasn't her. Thankfully Erin seemed ready to catch him should something like that happen - it was good to have friends who looked out for you.

She couldn't help but cringe at 'Kaily', though. "Please no. There was this girl named Kylie at my old school, and she was a MYTHIC bitch. If anything, call me Kay." She chuckled a little at Erin's joke. "Nonsense, 'Ri, you're plenty special."

"Okay, Faunus gang, let's do this! Onyourmarks, g'set, GOO!"
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Bartok Evergreen

"Alright, Kay it is." Bartok agreed, still trying to imagine what the gravity shift would be like. Then she counted down, and Bartok was off. The gravity shift that hit him made him pause for a moment, stumbling, as even his imaginings weren't enough to actually prepare himself for this. But he couldn't take this too slowly, he still had to move and be impressive and keep up appearances and all that.

So he did, and the new gravity angle wasn't all that huge, just a little shocking at first as his internal system recalibrated. He continually clicked his tongue over and over again as he moved, trying to keep the clearest 'visual' he could as he made his way through the course. Small little grunts of effort and breathing were made as he navigated the true obstacle course that Erin had constructed.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin tried to remember if she'd ever met Kylie. It wasn't impossible, seeing as they all went to the same school but she'd been focused on other undesirables during her tenure there so it wasn't ringing a bell. She'd have to look through a yearbook or something - see if it jogged a memory.

She smiled at Kailyn and laid a hand dramatically on her chest. "Awe, I am so loved."

Then it was time for the first full run. Part of her was secretly relieved that Bartok was going first, she wasn't exactly a stranger to a messed up sense of gravity but she was sure that she wasn't prepared for what it was really going to feel like. Being dizzy was not the same as gravity changing entirely. She could watch how he moved and try to mimic it when her time came.

Things seemed to be going relatively well considering there were so many moving parts in this event. The obstacles themselves, Kailyn running alongside Bartok keeping her semblance going, and Erin herself jogging along in case someone needed caught. This obstacle course seemed so much more fun than the smaller ones she'd made in the past.
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn was genuinely impressed. For someone who was purportedly nearly blind, he was doing remarkably well, considering that it was strongly unlikely he'd ever done anything like this while gravity wasn't pulling him in the direction it was supposed to be. She found herself cheering him on as he passed obstacle after obstacle.

"Yeah, Barty! You're doin' it, dude!" she called in a bright tone, a big smile on her face. Watching Erin do this and then doing it herself was gonna be AWESOME.

As the bat Faunus continued his run, she found herself wondering how a human would handle the obstacle course. Faunus were known for having good senses, after all, and sensory perception greatly contributed to one's sense of balance almost as much as good inner ear health did. Perhaps they'd get a larger crowd together if they ever did this again - it would be good practice for her Semblance at the very least.
Bartok Evergreen

Bartok snapped finger guns at Kailyn at her praise. He thought he had measured distance and the timing correctly, but when the large and heavy swinging object slammed into him it was clear that he had messed up. The cushioned punching bag thing was enough to knock him off the entire course, but Bartok scrambled and dug his fingers into the material and wraped his legs around it. It didn't help too much as he couldn't do it properly, but he swung with it back to the obstacle course just as he was slipping. His mid-section slammed into the platform edge and he released the bag. His nails scrapped against the platform and his legs kicked as he tried to gain any purchase. The sheer pressure of his fingers was enough to mostly stop him, his face breaking out into a wide grin. Then the bag was swinging back.

Bartok's ears picked up on the sound of it's swing and the air it pushed out of the way just in time to duck, the bag touching his ears but not knocking him over the edge. With gritted teeth and using the altered gravity he scrambled up like a drowning rat onto dry land. He took a moment to catch his breath, pant heavily while he fixed his goggles, and-

The bag swung back and knocked into his back and side. Bartok grabbed for the edge but it was too late. He began to yell something as he fell, but as it was the fall wasn't too high up. He hit the ground and rolled backwards, not the way they were taught to do it, laying still. "Ow."
Erin Cherrywood

Bartok was doing remarkably well considering she hadn't created the course with him in mind. Whether she liked to admit it or not, she always tried to make sure her obstacles were something he'd have a ninety percent chance of completing. Today she'd been caught off guard by his sudden appearance.

She'd never realized how adaptable he was before, color her impressed. And Kailyn too apparently, since she was cheering him on. He shot his signature finger guns at Kailyn and that's when it all spiraled out of control. The swinging punching bag connected and suddenly Bartok was clinging to it trying to regain control when he was smacked into the platform. Her eyes went wide and as he fought to drag himself back into a position where he'd be in control again. He looked ridiculous and if she wasn't so horrified at the idea of him being hurt she'd probably be laughing. Once 'safe', he smiled and adjusted his goggles. Only, he wasn't safe at all. That bag wasn't a simple pass back and forth then return to loading position, it was a pendulum of constant movement. She opened her mouth to warm him but it was too late.

Rushing forward she leapt to where he was going to hit, except that she wasn't sure if he was falling with normal gravity or Kailyn gravity. Too late she realized she picked the wrong spot and he hit the ground, rolling, with a loud thud. She felt as though the wind had been knocked out of her as she stared, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, in shock and horror.

She had to say something! Make sure he was okay. Running to his side she knelt beside him, hands hovering, not sure if she should touch him or not. "Ohmygod don't you know guns kill people?!" Did that really just come out of her mouth. Seriously!? Not are you okay? Not do you need any help? A finger gun joke? She had serious priority issues.
Kailyn Keison

She'd let herself get distracted.

One second, she'd been lost in thought, and the next, Bartok was falling after having been hit by a pendulum. What's worse, that last collision had occurred at the very edge of her range because she'd slowed down while distracted - meaning that Erin, who'd positioned herself to catch Bartok at the place where he would have landed if Kailyn had been closer, ended up watching him fall in a curved path as his gravity reverted mid-fall and roll to a stop a few feet short of her position. She'd let herself get distracted.

"Shit, are you okay?" she asked as she boosted herself over to him. Kailyn was pretty sure that Erin had made some kind of joke about the finger guns he'd snapped at her right before he fell, but they'd been friends forever: that might just be how they showed concern for each other at this point.

"I'm really sorry, I forgot to keep up with you..." she said as she patted him down, checking for broken bones. She'd let herself get distracted.

She'd let herself get distracted, and now someone was hurt.
Bartok Evergreen

That fall had hurt, but he used his Aura to protect himself. He was fine, really. If that fall had hurt him, he had no business fighting Grimm. But that doesn't mean you always have to shrug things off.

Bartok coughed. "Guns don't kill people..." He raised a weak arm, shakily pointing towards Kailyn. "Girls do." His hand fell to the ground at the same time his head swayed to one side, his tongue stuck out of his mouth, and his breathing went still.
Erin Cherrywood

Ohmygod. What a ham. Sitting on her heels she stared down at him with a playful grin. He obviously wasn't too hurt if he was still joking along. Rolling her eyes she started patting him down, checking for blood or injuries, while he lay there dramatically with his tongue out not breathing. No blood and he hadn't jumped up screaming in pain yet.

Smiling at Kailyn, she waved a dismissive hand to signal that he'd be fine. Did the whole ordeal hurt? Without a doubt. Was he going to die or need any first aid? Highly unlikely. "Well, we have a corpse now. Do you want to just set it aside or make it an obstacle?"
Kailyn Keison

Gods, this guy...

He was absolutely fine. Anyone who could make a joke like that was 100% not injured in the slightest.

"We should probably dispose of the evidence, shouldn't we? I mean, what if someone comes in? No way they'll believe that we don't know what happened." She looked around exaggeratedly before remembering that Bartok was both blind and not looking at her. "Now then, which way's the incinerator?" she asked as she lifted him about a foot off the ground with her Semblance and skipped off toward the door, a wide grin on her face.
Bartok Evergreen

Pfft. Make him an obstacle. Or the incinerator! Great joke. They didn't have an incinerator around here. ...Did they? He would hear the flames, but if it was off...

The change in gravity was too much for him to not react to, His arms and legs moving out to get purchase or catch himself. "Wo-.. Hey, look at that! Girls also bring me to life! In more ways than one, actually!" He cleared his throat, tossing and turning while trying to keep as much contact with the ground as possible. "Think you could put me down, please? My equilibrium is all out of wack here!"
Erin Cherrywood

Nodding solemnly she crossed her arms over her chest seriously. "True, you always want to get rid of the evidence." She agreed looking dramatically out to the distance. "Oh, fare thee well young Bartok, I knew thee well." Dotting invisible tears she bit her hand and feigned great misery.

Erin smiled and couldn't hide the laugh that bubbled up behind her lips when Bartok started flailing around. This was so much fun, and she was going to remember this for a long time to come. Leaning over him so her ponytail dangled over her shoulder and tickled his nose she arched an eyebrow. "I guess all you needed was some motivation to return from the pearly gates?"
Kailyn Keison

It seemed that girls would be the undeath of him - hey, that was actually a really good one!

"Does that mean that girls will be the undeath of you?" she called over her shoulder, gently setting Bartok down on the ground before skipping back toward him and Erin.

Motivation, indeed. "I have it on good authority that I myself have been the motivating factor in many an extracurricular escapade," she added as she leaned down over Bartok and Erin, letting her hair dangle past Erin's face, then angled the gravity on a few strands of her hair to tickle Erin's nose, her grin only getting wider.
Bartok Evergreen

Erin's giggles and laughter were something just so sweet and familiar. Felt like home again. And her hair tickling his nose made him want to twitch or sneeze, but he stayed where he was.

"Motivation? Undeath? I'm sure it's just that girls give me life! Motivation is for sure a part of it." He laughed with them for a moment. "So, either of you two going to try out the course? Or was it just me that's going to fall off?"
Erin Cherrywood

Erin was used to spending time with Bartok, and they had a lot of fun even if she didn't always admit it, but spending time with another girl was new. She really enjoyed hanging out with Kailyn, she was adventurous and fun - something that Erin typically wasn't - and she could easily see how time with Kailyn would lead to many misadventures. Normally Erin wanted to avoid shenanigans but there must be something in the water at Beacon that made her want to do more ridiculous things.

Laughing she waved Kailyn's hair away from her nose. "Of course we are going to go. Though Kailyn is taking vertigo instead of altered gravity because she'd have an advantage otherwise." Standing straight she rolled her shoulders a bit. "Do you wanna go next or should I?" She asked eying the course again.
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn laughed as Erin batted her hair out of her face. "Oh, we're both running it, Barty," she said with a wry grin, "but I think you'll still be the only one who falls."

At Erin's question, she tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Oh, s'that what your Semblance does? I don't think we ever talked about it." She jerked her head back toward the front of the course. "You go first," she said. "That way I won't have enough Aura left to cheat and use my Semblance when I do it."
Erin Cherrywood

Erin smiled and bumped Kailyn with her hip. She was positive they would outrun Bartok, all she had to do was keep her cool and focus on the task at hand.

Erin nodded at Kailyn. "Yeah. I don't usually tell others what mine does, but basically it gives the victims an intense case of vertigo. Not the most creative name on my end but I calls it like I sees it." She said with a shrug.

Walking over to the start line she undid and redid her ponytail. Didn't want her hair flying all over the place in front of her face after all. Shaking her body out, she hopped in place a bit to psych herself up. She was going to use the same amount of time that Bartok did when the semblance was used on him to try to mentally prepare for the shift. "Alright, Bartok, make sure you don't drop me the way I dropped you." She half joked.

Nodding at Kailyn, she waited for the shift to take effect. Usually she had no issues when things spiraled out of control, after all her semblance wreaked havoc on her all time, but a gravity shift was different. It made her think of those fevers where you feel like you are floating but somehow still heavy.

A deep breath followed by a short exhale and she was off. She'd made the course so she knew what was coming next but that didn't exactly make things easier. In fact it almost made it worse. She had to fight her expectation of when and where things would happen. It was a mix of instinct trying to override what her mind thought was fact. While she was used to being dizzy and the world spinning she wasn't used to it actually being off balance or was it off center? Either way she was struggling to keep on track and her run wasn't going to break any time records, but she was still doing okay.

She managed to get past the swinging bags, then the moving pillars that she had to jump like rocks in a river, across the spinning monkey bars... Why did she make this again? It was a nightmare all in one go.

Then she hit the part where little "spikes" shot out at her while she was crossing a very shakey single rope bridge. Things were spiraling out of control and she lost her footing. With a small squeal of shock her hands shot out and grabbed the rope. With no time to spare she fought to crawl - did it count as a crawl? What was hanging upside down and dragging oneself like a caterpillar across a rope called? Did it matter? She managed to get to the next platform.

Her knees and hands were shaking from the strain of her crawl as she looked at the last obstacle. She'd have to get a running jump to hit a log that she'd have to lumberjack ride to the end and it was more than a little daunting after everything else. She wasn't even sure how to time it with the damn gravity but she was running out of stamina and had to make the attempt quickly.

Taking a literal leap of faith she barely hit the log and her mad scramble to the end was anything but pretty; she hit the final pillar on all fours with her hair a wild mess. "Ta-da~" Was her weak cry of victory.
Bartok Evergreen

Bartok 'Tsk'ed at Kailyn's comment that'd he'd be the only one falling. Always with an aim to impress he rolled back onto his shoulder-blades and hands before throwing his legs out and springing back to his feet. He felt more like groaning and slowly crawling to his feet, but that wouldn't inspire strength and confidence in his abilities, would it?

He listened to Erin get herself ready and smiled. "Have I ever let you down?"

He walked alongside the obstacle course as she ran in, watching through sound as she maneuvered through her own hell course. He was ready with his arms out to catch Erin when she was scrambling on the log, barely able to keep her balance, and the final leap carried her to the end. As weak as her triumphant jubilee was, Bartok began clapping. "Is there anything you can't do, Erin? You were fabulous how you fell through the air with style!"

He turned to Kailyn. "Alright, once Erin can get you all messed up time for you to run it."
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn couldn't help but smile at the back-and-forth between these two. It was clear they'd had each other's back for a good long while and each cared greatly about the other.

"You go, girl!" she yelled as Erin finished the course. "Now get over here and mess me up," she joked as she climbed up onto the starting platform.

"Oh, by the way Barty, when we're done here and we've got our Auras back, I wanna spar with you sometime with the lights off. I mean literally spar," she added quickly when she realized what she'd just said. "I want to see how my ability to see without my eyes stacks up against yours - you'll probably kick my ass for a bit until I get used to relying on just my heat vision." She nodded at Erin, and got ready to run.

And then the room started spinning. Quickly dropping into a crouch, she thought about how to work with this. A really, really stupid idea popped into her head, and she immediately went with it.

Starting to spin in the opposite direction from the room, Kailyn set off along the course. Dodging swinging objects at shoulder height was easy when you were already falling every which way as you moved. She managed to pass the pillars, albeit quite slowly, and the monkey bars were thankfully spinning in the same direction as the room.

Taking a page out of Erin's book, Kailyn immediately dropped below the rope bridge and crawled her way across it, because there was no way she'd manage to make it past the spikes with the way the room was spinning. Next was - oh no. "Here goes beep," she called out with a nervous giggle before making her leap toward the log.

Surprisingly, she landed on it. Less surprisingly, she immediately fell off of it and toward the ground below.
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Sat May 07, 2022 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin smiled a sassy yet warm grin at Bartok before running the course; no, he'd never let her down and she didn't think he ever would.

As much as she wanted to relish in her triumph over the course she couldn't help but feel more queazy than anything else. Gravity shift dizzy was much different from world is spinning dizzy.

Fixing her hair, she took some stabilizing breaths and popped to her feet. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can't fail." She teased as she shook out her limbs.

Standing before Kailyn she shook herself loose one more time before leaning and looking her straight in the eye. She couldn't help laughing and smiled warmly. "I'll do my best to ruin your day." She promised before activating her semblance.

Moving aside she quickly shifted back into place as a spotter and ran alongside her as best as she could.

Things were going as smoothly as they could when three teenagers mess with balance and gravity and it looked like she was going to finish the course as well, then the log came along and Kailyn biffed it. Erin wasn't sure if she needed catching or not though. Technically she could still save herself and finish the course but she could also eat crap and need catching. Unsure of which it was she got under her and ready to catch just in case.
Bartok Evergreen

Bartok raised an eyebrow along with one corner of his mouth when Kailyn mentioned sparing in the dark. She corrected herself quickly, but surelly if she had thought about it that quickly, she had been thinking of it in some capacity. "Sure, I'll kick your ass and do other things for a while in the dark. I got no qualms against that." He shrugged with a smile, then frowned. "Wait, heat vision?" He tilted his head in confusion, large ears flopping.

He listened to her go. Man, these girls were way better at this than he was. Then again, they could see. And they were both supposedly present for when it was made and knew what was coming up, while he flew blind in two literal senses. He slowly walked along right next to Erin, both of them following Kailyn's progress. She was at the last obstacle. She leaped, landed, and then he heard the sounds of her shoes scrapping against the log and rushing wind. RIght next to Erin Bartok held out his arms, ready to catch Kailyn incase she just fell to the ground the way Bartok had.
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn wouldn't normally consider herself to be 'lucky' - I mean, have you seen the list of how many people she's run, bumped, crashed, or otherwise impacted into since she got to Beacon? She'd barely been here a week, and the average was already above once a day! Though when you put it that way, that just meant that, in her mother's words, "the universe kinda owes you some good juju, now don't it?", and while one could debate exactly how MUCH of said juju she was owed, collect on it she apparently had: she had juuust enough Aura to scoot herself over to the edge of the victory platform with her Semblance.

Except she miscalculated the distance because Erin's Semblance was still very much making her more than a little discombobulated. So instead of landing solidly in the middle of the platform, she overshot it entirely, crashed into the ground behind it with an unceremonious THUMP, and rolled to a stop about twenty feet past the end of the course, where she promptly shifted onto her hands and knees, shook her head out to clear it, rolled onto her back, and LAUGHED.

"You know what, I'm calling that a success," she called out between bursts of laughter. "If you draw a cube with side length a, where a is the width of the victory platform, I totally made it into the cube and stayed there for at least one second." Throwing her arms up in a wide shrug, she looked over at Erin. "Whaddya think, 'Ri? Did I win?" Letting her arms fall back to the floor, she rolled her head over to look at Barty.

"Yeah, you wouldn't be able to tell that I'm a Faunus by looking at me, even if you COULD see. I've got those pit organ things you find on, like, snakes 'n' stuff? Gives me heat vision AND the ability to pass as human, which isn't actually as great as it sounds." Then the rest of what he'd said caught up with her. "What kinda 'other stuff' were you thinkin'? 'Cuz I'll have you know, being able to selectively ignore gravity makes for some... interesting variations on a theme." She shot a finger gun at him and waggled her eyebrows.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin couldn't believe that Kailyn just ignored Bartok's lines but when an obstacle course was at stake and semblances were temporary you had to set your priorities.

She'd planned to be able to catch Kailyn in the event of a crash but she hadn't planned on her literally launching herself last second over the platform. Eyes wide she stopped short, knowing she's never reach her, and watched as she rolled to a stop.

Man. Two for two on failing to catch people. What a day.

"Yeah, I'd say that counts. Technically you passed the finish line."

Despite her wishes, Erin was suddenly trying to imagine what kind of shenanigans were going on in the imaginary dark. Burning red she pulled her hair down and covered her face with her arms. "Y'all are so weird... But I love ya."
Bartok Evergreen

Bartok was ready to catch her, hearing her fall, fall, fall... rise? She suddenly was just going in reverse? His whole head tilted even more in confusion until he understood that her Semblance was activated, letting her ignore gravity and move back up. He then heard her descent to smack into the floor too far away for Erin or him to go help. "I'd count that a win as well."

He walked over to her and held out a hand to help her up. "Oh, I can treat you to a few things in the dark, plus anything you want to do." He'd snap both of his hands into finger guns. "Zero Gravity would make things very interesting that I'd love to try out." He smiled with teeth.

Once she was up he'd head back to the starting line. "Do you girls mind if I try again? I wasn't here for you building it and can't see everything, so I feel I'm at a bit of a disadvantage."
Kailyn Keison

Having secured two assenting opinions that she'd earned a victory, Kailyn fist-pumped wildly. "HELL yeah! I am the QUEEN of not-completely-screwing-up-but-only-technically." This was a lot more fun than she'd been expecting to have today, which was odd, because she'd been expecting to have a TON of fun today.

"Love ya too, 'Ri - red's a good color on you, by the way," she said with a cackle as she let Bartok help her up. "You might not want to give me carte blanche like that, Barty. You might end up with some VERY oddly-shaped bruises come morning." Ahh, good, Erin's face was now approaching the color of her highlights at an even faster rate. Gods, she was easy to tease.

Jogging over to stand near the head of the course again, she whipped out her scroll's Aura meter before staring off into space. "Gimme a minute and... thirty-eight seconds before we have you try again, aight? Actually, round that up to an even hundred. Last thing we want is my Aura cracking when you're still running, yeah?"

When the allotted time had elapsed, she gave Bartok a double thumbs-up and called out, "On your go, my guy!"
Erin Cherrywood

Erin would have argued that technically she was the only one who'd been present during construction but he was right that he was at a major disadvantage. Though Kailyn hadn't seen her make the course, she could still see it. Bartok definitely deserved another chance.

Bruises? From what? Where? Closing her eyes she felt her chest and ears burning bright with her face. She did not want to try to imagine the possibilities but it was hard not to. "Oh hush! She whined from behind her hands.

She was going to offer to walk Bartok through the course but she couldn't stop imagining the gravity shift shenanigans long enough to wipe the blush off her face. She instead she grabbed her bottle of orange juice and sipped slowly, using the chill to return her pale complexion.
Bartok Evergreen

"A few bruises? That all? You might end up with weak legs." He returned the heavy flirting before heading back to the starting line.

After hearing the first two run through the course and clicking his tongue like he always did, he understood what was coming a lot better now. He was a fast and athletic guy, and he reasoned the only way he lost was because of his literal blindness. But now he knew what the gravity change was like and what was to come. He was ready. Time to show off.

He loosened and stretched his legs and arms as he waited. When he had the all-clear, he moved forward, adjusting already to the change in gravity. He made sure to keep clicking his tongue and trust his body to know what it was doing. Sometimes when he thought too hard about seeing with sound he was wrong.

Weaving through the pillars he reached the swinging bags that wrecked him before. He dug in his front foot, halting him for just a second as the bag swung by, barely touching his nose before charging ahead. He leapt for the spinning monkey bars, hearing them turn through the air. Like he had memorized the course or something he swung from beam to beam, letting the change in gravity work for him here instead of impede him.

The rope bridge with projectiles was honestly the easiest part. He could hear the mechanisms working to load and shoot the spikes, could hear them move through the air. He knew where they were coming from before they appeared. He ran and ducked and hopped, and did a singular front flip, letting the rope bridge bounce him a little to get him across. Next was the log and then it was over.

He hopped onto it, keeping his momentum. His feet were a flurry as he kept his balance on the thing, always moving forward. Except one foot slipped. Bartok fell and grabbed onto the spinning log with his whole body, legs and all. He rotated back around and scrambled to his hands and feet, and leapt like an animal to the finish post. He landed with a roll, got on his knees, stuck his hands in the air and let out a howl of triumph.
Kailyn Keison

O-ho, so that's how it was, was it? This guy gave as good as he got, that's for sure. In controlled doses, this guy was gonna be a HOOT - er, bat? Nope. No good puns coming to mind. Oh well.

This girl, I swear. Kailyn smirked as she looked back at Erin. "You know, you're welcome to join us rather than being left to just imagine it, 'Ri. I don't mind." She sent an exaggerated wink at her friend, not bothering to keep a wide grin from forming.

Annnd he was off. Kailyn chose the same direction for the tilt again: she wasn't feeling particularly mean today, after all, and he did have a point about being slightly disadvantaged by his blindness. Though it didn't seem to be stopping him this time:
Bartok ran, jumped, and tumbled his way to a victory that was considerably more graceful than Kailyn's own had been.

"All right!" she called. "You the man, Barty!" They'd all succeeded, so that was cool. "I think my victory was definitely the messiest, but who cares, we all won!" She raised her hands in a mock victory salute before turning to offer a high-five to Erin since Bartok was still up on the victory platform.
Last edited by Kailyn Keison on Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information