Hoops and Tightropes (Open)

A fully functional gym, weight room, and state-of-the-art combat simulator.
Erin Cherrywood
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus - Racoon Tail
Aura Color: Gold
Semblance Name: Vertigo
Weapon Name: Urumi Pendulum

Erin walked to the door of the gym to look over the fruits of two hours labor. She had decided to put up the most ridiculous obstacle course she could but also took care to make sure it was doable. She did every obstacle as it was laid to make sure moving from one to the next was possible which, admittedly took a lot of effort and left her more than a little tired before even trying the full course. Technically she'd done the whole course but not in one go. Either way it was done. There were jumps, targets, balance challenges, and more. She was pretty proud of her work.

Grabbing her water bottle she sat down on a bench along the wall and checked her scroll. She'd invited Kailyn to join in the shenanigans and it was about the time she'd suggested she come if she wanted to join.

While she waited she sipped her water and frowned at her pasty white legs. Usually she wore jeans and her hoodie but today she was in black gym shorts and a grey tank top which showed her lack of sun. It was pretty funny that she was so white given that she tanned really well, but somewhere along the path of growing up she'd taken to indoor hobbies to try to spare Bartok's eyes from the sun. Oh well. White, black, and grey were her colors anyway, might as well roll with it.
There is no such thing as justice, the best we can hope for is revenge
Kailyn Keison
Race: Faunus (Crotilinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

"Oi, Errie-Cherrie, ya in 'ere?" Kailyn called out as she stuck her head in the door. "Ee-yup," she confirmed out loud when she spotted her friend.

Taking a moment to look at Erin's masterpiece, she floated lazily over to where the other Faunus was sitting. "I promise I'll come up with a better nickname for ya eventually, but after all those classes today, that's the best I got." Noticing a particularly long gap between two floating obstacles (at least, a particularly long gap for those many, many persons who were bound by gravity), she nodded at the course. "You run through this already? Color me impressed."
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin playfully rolled her eyes as Kailyn called out to her, she couldn't remember having a nickname that wasn't from her mom and Bartok and this one totally felt like it was in the same realm of ridiculousness. Nevertheless, she was pretty happy to see her friend. As much as she valued her alone time she enjoyed spending time with Kailyn, she was just the right amount of silly.

"I dunno, feels like nothing will ever top 'Errie-Cherrie', it's pretty much untouchable." She joked capping her water bottle and setting it down.

At Kailyn's question she frowned a bit. "Man, I wish I'd done this in one go already. I did each obstacle as I went, so I know you can get from one to the other, but I have no idea how it's going to feel doing it all together." Her tail flicked absently behind her and she smiled a bit. "But it is beautiful. I don't think I have ever had access to so much stuff to make an obstacle course with. Bartok and I usually used whatever my mom had laying around and our last school didn't have anything to this degree."
Kailyn Keison

Kailyn smiled at Erin's reaction to the nickname. "Careful now, you say things like that and I might just lock that in my brain forever as your name," she teased with a playful wink.

At her friend's mention of the facilities at Beacon, she nodded vigorously. "No kidding. This place has got EVERYTHING - even a whole bunch of stuff I don't know how to ask for!" She hopped over to the panel and scrolled through the list of things Erin had brought out to make the course. "Seriously though, dude, this is nuts! When I want an obstacle workout, I just go off on an adventure outside somewhere - I could never put something like this together."
Erin Cherrywood

Wrinkling her nose in response she considered the idea of hearing the nickname every day multiple times a day. "I dunno... it's charming now but will the novelty last?" She joked.

"Oh definitely, when I was looking at the inventory list for the gym I had no idea what some of these things were called. It was easier to just look at things and decide for myself what I wanted it to do." Following after Kailyn she considered the idea of just using nature or the regular town as an obstacle course. "I guess I do things this way because I always did them with Bartok. I felt better being able to immediately go to him if he crashed or something." She frowned. "Aaaand that makes me sound like a total mom."
Kailyn Keison

"Will the novelty last? Absolutely not. Will the faces you make once the novelty wears off be amusing to everyone around you? Absolutely." Kailyn teased. "In all seriousness, though, 'Gravity Girl' got old after about two days. I'll try to think of something better, but for now, your name rhymes."

Kailyn's face broke into a wide grin as Erin described her reasoning for her preferred method of obstacle course design. "Eyyy, we got a mom friend!" She held up her hand for a high-five. "Dude, that's awesome! I was afraid the mom friend would have to be me for a second, and trust me, that would NOT end well." She laughed. "Seriously, the amount of times my little brother got himself hurt because I told him to 'go for it' instead of 'stop, that's stupid' are numerous and cringeworthy."
Erin Cherrywood

Erin started to wrinkle her nose at Kailyn but then realized that was exactly what she was poking fun at. Shaking her head she laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "That's a fair point. If it were the other way around I would probably go for the groans and sighs too."

She chuckled at the reminder of "Gravity Girl", it still made her laugh but if it were the other way around she'd be done with it too.

Giving a reluctant high five she shook her head again. "I had been hoping that I would be the dad friend, you know bad jokes and puns galore, but I guess keeping my friends alive by adjusting their ridiculous ideas to manageable shenanigans is okay too."

"I didn't realize you had a brother, what's that like?" She asked curiously. "I don't have any siblings and neither does Bartok so I don't even have the vicarious experience."
  • Information