Winchester and Copperfield, On The Case!

The tower houses the CCTS for Vale, as well as Staff offices and the Staff lounge.
Professor W B Copperfield
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Transparent light blue
Semblance Name: Forzare
Weapon Name: Foci and Rod

The three stacks of papers on the floor was taller than the desk they sat next too. A coffee mug that was leaving a stain ring teetered precariously, being saved by the tired and bored Copperfield as he took a sip. The stack of paperwork was all the stuff they didn't tell him he'd have to do when he became a teacher. Grading. He should have seen it coming, honestly. But going through them all was incredibly boring. An idea came into his head, and he fished around in a drawer until he pulled out a small vial of Fire Dust. He looked to the stack of papers, then back to the vial. Then back to the papers. He shrugged and opened it-

And of course that's when he heard someone's footsteps coming down the hall. If someone saw a blaze in his office he was going to get fired. Again.

Groaning he put the vial back in the drawer and slammed it shut. Some coffee splashed from the mug onto his dust-woven leather duster. He grabbed some poor students quiz and used it as a napkin. The whole piece of paper was ruined with the smelly brown stains and Copperfield realized only after putting the paper back on the stack that he just ruined another two or three.

He groaned again and, after carefully putting the mug down, buried his face in the hard wood of his desk.

The professor hadn't done any grading because he was hoping that someone was going to come around and give him another excuse to let it pile up. But he was going to have to acryally do it, wouldn't he? And what was he going to do about those stains? Some people called his Semblance "magic", but he couldn't clean that up. He could lose it easily enough, just give the student an A...

With a defeated sigh he stood up, reaching for an unsoiled quiz to grade, and his long legs bumped the desk. His mug spilled the rest of it's contents and the quiz that Copperfield grabbed joined the other in becoming a napkin, Copperfield cursing under his breath.

Then the doorknob rattled.

Grimm's Teeth, whatever colleague was about to walk in was not going to impressed with him...
Roseman Winchester
Race: Faunas Beetle Carapace
Aura Color: Firey red
Semblance Name: Devolution
Weapon Name: Humanity

It was an interesting situation that Roseman Winchester found himself in. Not that interesting situations were things he lacked seeing, something that was clearly shown in his early childhood.

Even still it wasn't like he would care too much about these situations normally, not like they, or anything for that matter, could hurt him so why not let life throw him a few curve balls?

Now he was just wishing that he didn't actively invite murphy to kick his ass.

It started when a bit earlier in the morning, today was a day off from classes so he was just laying down enjoying the sun, his team deciding not to join him was something he didn't feel the most comfortable about but he hoped that the sun would help him keep his mind from wandering.

Then the screams started, he was like many others and quickly rushed to the field to try and help with whatever was happening, praying that no one got hurt before he arrived, even if this was a school of hunters.

He found the scene of the scream, a woman staring in shock at things that riddled the ground, but it was what those things were that made my eyes widen, they were muddy footprints on the clean white floor of beacon, as if signaling the desicration of these wonderful halls.

Large footprints in the shape of paws, and the unspoken word rippled through the crowd as they stared, the words slipping from Roseman as he stared at them.

"Grimm"

Immediately panic began to rise from the people there, but Roseman wasn't focused on that, his hesitation on what to do left him a simple answer, find a teacher, so he did.

He ran to the only teacher he could think of at that moment of fear, and his large hands knocked on Copperfield's door.

With a sound of confirmation he entered into the office, his eyes wide and paniced as he spoke, "Professor come quickly, there's been a grimm infiltration!"

The door opened and an absolute mountain of a kid stooped down to avoid the doorframe, like what Copperfield had to do but to a more exaggerated degree, and entered the office. Copperfield froze with the wet coffee-soaked quiz in his hand, blinking at him. Upon hearing what the kid had to say he blinked. He wanted to laugh at the kid. A Grimm sneaking into Beacon? That was like a person swimming into uranium. Pure Death. But a student wouldn't have come running to him if it wasn't urgent. Had a full horde of Grimm invaded the school while he was busy trying to do anything than grade papers? Would be quite the stroke of luck if they did, and... well, really sucky for a lot of other people.

He hastily threw a few more quizzes on the puddle of coffee and got up from his chair, putting on his Focus Rings as he went. "Rrrroseman, right?" He checked and made sure his Rod was on the inside of his coat. He pulled it out and had it extend to it's full staff length. "I hope you're not joking about this. If you are, I'll slug you to the Emerald Forest and leave you there." He made sure he had everything on him, then nodded. "Well, where are they? Lead the way!"
Roseman Winchester

With a serious nod he begins leading the professor, his feet leading him towards the scene he came from quickly, a frown on his face as he ponders what the scene he saw could mean. Then he realized what his teacher said as they were about half way there.

"Ah sir, I don't know the full details of what happened, I only saw a girl terrified in front of a dorm, there were muddy footprints leading into the dorm that were too big to be any animal, unless of course an elephant came stomping through."

He says the last part completely seriously, not a hint of a joke in his voice, as if he was seriously considering that an elephant might have gone on a stroll through Beacon.

He feels much more calm with someone with him now, the tension in his muscles relaxing slightly as he registers safety under the professor that stood beside him.

When they arrive on the scene it's to a large crowd of students, over an open door, a few of the students helping the young girl with light blue hair at the entrance.

Inside the dorm it looks as if a bomb went off, a bomb with claws and teeth if the marks on the beds and walls are anything to go by, pieces of broken wood were strewn around the room with small splotches of what looks like dried blood on the ground.

A terrified girl? In Beacon? Sure, a random Grimm showing up when you thought you were totally safe could be enough to rattle you, especially if you happened to be alone and without weapons. But most students here would be easily able to take a Grimm on.

They came to the hallway filled with concerned students, all talking and trying to figure out what had happened. So something did happen. "Out of the way!" He called as he strode through, pushing past students who didn't hear him.

He stood in the doorway, examining the destroyed room. Claws, wood, wallpaper. Blood. A hurt girl being helped by students.

Two possibilities at the moment:
1) An attempted murderer was on the loose, using their Semblance or old fashioned trickery to make it look like a Grimm attack.
2) An actual, smart and sneaky Grimm had gotten inside Beacon.

He needed more information. But more importantly, he needed to keep these students safe. Right now some of them would be looking for a fight, and the others would be scared. Fear and anger. Both brought Grimm. He needed to quell that and assure the students of their own safety. He pointed to a few students who looked capable, including Roseman and the students who were helping the young girl.

"You, you, you, you, and you, stand guard. It may still be here. Keep a look out. Everyone else!" He looked to the crowd. "I need you all to evacuate the building! Do not go back to your rooms. Meet outside on the lawn, use your scrolls to summon your lockers! Gear up. And no matter what, stay together! You do not enter the building unless I come out and tell you it's safe, or another teacher allows you." He took a long look at everyone around him. They needed jobs to do, not just sit and wait. "While you're out there, encircle the building. We aren't letting whatever or whoever this was get away. Something flees, you all team up and kill it. Now get going!"

He turned and knelt next to the hurt girl. "I need you to tell me what happened, in as much detail as you can. Alright? Can you do that?"
Roseman Winchester

Roseman immediately nods following the teacher's orders he stutters for a second looking around and taking around ten seconds to think of both what to say and where to have them go, the silence permenating through the air as he does so.

"You two go there and there to watch the hallways leading up to the area, You go stand a bit further from here and you stand outside the door and guard there"

His voice was deep as he relayed the positions he thought of, stepping to follow the professor soon afterwards.

The girl in the meantime had been talking to Copperfield.

"I- I'm one of the members of team RIST (Rust), this is our dorm room I uh, I haven't really been getting along with the other members so well, bu- but I never wanted this to happen I swear! a panicked look crosses her face for a mere second before she takes a breath calming down.

"I- I decided I would sleep away from them for the night, I was hoping that I could take a breather for a bit, then we could talk in the morning but I made it back an, and this happened!"

Her breathing slowly began to pick up as panic set in.
  • Information