on the hunt [ private w/mica]

This areas in between the various buildings of the Academy. Perfect for relaxing!
Eiji
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Canine ears and tail)
Aura Color: purple
Semblance Name: Apex
Weapon Name: Malice and Mercy

The gardens were sparsely populated this time of morning. It was a Sunday. No classes for the day leaving most other students in bed. Not Eiji though. The sun was just starting to lift over the horizon as he sat in a tree. Watching the birds and more importantly he was watching the entrances. He spent most of the day yesterday exploring the forest outside of the city, and the Grimm inside it. Watching them from afar and getting a feeling of the lay of the land he returned after dark to grab a few hours of sleep before getting back up again. He was to pay Mica back for giving him some shoes, by showing her his way around a spear and some Grimm.
This was simple enough. However she said they would meet up in the gardens, but neglected to tell him what time they would be doing so. He would rather be early than late so up in the branches he sat. Waiting for the girl who smelled of snow lilies to make her appearance.
Mica Lecent
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Olive brown
Semblance Name: Pressure Cycle
Weapon Name: Security

“Why do I have this odd feeling,” Mica yawned and resume her work. She sat on the edge of her bed all dressed and checking over her crossbow. The clock read 6AM with the sunrise climbing outside. Sundays were the day for repairs and restock back home. Sleeping in like the other students will eventually come into play but it’s become daily routine at this point. She paused a bit to look out the dorm window for the scenery. No winter, no other buildings and power lines; trees and distant mountain green. Now she’ll be out to experience all that from here on out. This hunt one of many new starts.

After returning back to the dorms, she didn’t see much of that Faunus around causing trouble. Not knowing which building that boy resided in left going to the gardens as the only option. “Nothing else, could nap if he isn’t there.” Slinging her weapon on and giving herself a once over for her spare glasses and supplies, she exited the room. A tap of her scroll on the door to lock it on the way out.

A brisk stroll through the halls and down the stairs later to the open gardens, Mica arrived to find the grounds freshly tended to and seemingly sparse of strays. She left her goggles to hang around her neck and put her usual red framed glasses on to give the grounds a once move. Eventually she’d find the young man in one of the trees.

“Don’t tell me you slept there,” she wondered accusingly once finding him. It’s going a little past 6 now with the sun on the horizon. “Did you even sleep at all?” Mica sighed and shook her head to focus on the shield and spear on him. He was barehanded on their previous encounters. Did he always had them with him?

“Made those yourself?” The girl asked about his gear and took a few steps back to give him landing space.
Eiji

I did not sleep here. EIji said as he dropped out of the tree. His spear and shield were affixed to his back, along with his long bow. I found these in atlas. Some weapon smith was having a fit over them and threw them away. So i took them. Though i must confess that you Atlas born are a strange lot. Nothing wrong with these weapons yet he threw them out like they were broken. Eiji said as he streched his arms. He motioned her to follow him as he walked out of the gardens. I did some light sleeping but most of the day was spent scouting out the woodlands. There i found some tracks and plenty of Grimm. They have probably migrated but i will be able to follow them. Eiji said plainly before waiting a few seconds before addressing what was on his mind. You neglected to tell me what time we where meeting up today. A stroke of luck on my part you wanted to meet so early. Eiji said as he continued to walk. A crossbow i see. How good of a shot are you?
Mica Lecent

“It may be a space issue. Or maybe he had not need of them. Ah, whatever.” Mica speculated while eyeing the weapons. A spear, shield, and a bow; all of which has a sturdy look to them. Though there’s no telling what the real reason than doubt he pilfered them. Trash rummaging as usual. As long as they weren’t held together by string and looked brittle to snap on impact.

The girl held onto the sling across her chest as they walked and talked their way out of the gardens. So Grimm really were lurking just beyond in the forests around Vale. Mica may have found some measure to be impressed by for a muck-about kingdom Vale had appeared thus far. Strange the kingdom didn’t go as far as to fully eradicate any Grimm in proximity of the kingdom as a whole.

“So they’re moving. They’re more animalistic by nature then.” Mica recalled off of some notes and talk she overheard. Classes have had gone over a loose introduction as well. Her face tightened and quickly had an answer for the lack of appointment. “Work starts early so best to meet the day.” She quoted some odd phrase her parents had shared at some point based off of the lamented memories of their barrack drill sergeant.

“Not a matter of luck. Simply a matter of being.” Mica refused to make an apology to the source of her stress. Gladly she shifted topics to speak of weaponry as they made their way through the school toward the far ends of campus. “It’s what I use to protect our shop. Did have it turned up and polished before leaving for Vale. My shot is decent for the range allowed. Might match that bow. I hear it is customary to name your weapons in recent generations of Hunters.”

Upon saying this, she kept a hand clenched around the strap. Addressing the Faunus, especially the one that had been a disgusting nightmare in the past to a frustrating reality, wasn’t someone she’d vocally felt to associate with. The girl had to remind herself of the circumstances that led to this training exchange to be somewhat cordial when dealing with him as a guide than a decorated trash heap.

“How far out did the scouting lead to finding these grimm? Would it take a day’s time like how you ran off yesterday?”
Eiji

Early to bed early to rise makes a man wise. Is the saying is it not? Eiji remembered this saying being spoken all throughout the world, Perhaps there was some merit to it. He however only slept when he felt the call from his body to do so. Most of them are animal in nature. Ive heard talk of some that are smarter. Tales of some that could even speak. Dangerous game. Not that i have ran into any in recent time. Walking out of the garden The pair made their way to the front entrance of the school. I scouted a few miles out. Got a feel for the land. Plenty of trees. Strong limbs. I used them to walk along the canopy. Grimm have a bad habit most prey do. They look around, but seldom look up. Eiji said as he motioned upward with his hand.

I have heard that as well. My weapons came with names. So i just stuck with that. What did you name your crossbow? Eiji asked as they walked. I do have once concern. How quickly can you reload? Grimm can be nasty to fight in close combat with inadequate melee options. He asked out of concern for not only her but for himself as well. He would be looking out for both of their safety afterall.
Mica Lecent

“A grimm that can talk? No. That can’t be real. Probably misheard from their roars to sound like a human voice.” Mica completely doubt that to be true. Grimm have always been so animalistic that they can’t be human. Or, well, they fundamentally can’t be. They lack souls from what they’ve been taught. “Biologically it is not possible. Must be here say.”

She waved off the idea and carried on to the school gates. Mica tried to speculate what course they’ll take to find these grimm but had to remind herself to take it somewhat step by step. Can’t go facing grimm without finding any first. He mentioned about some large trees out in the wilderness that were large enough to walk on. “How far out from campus did you go again?” Miles? The way Eiji was talking came off as a whole different country.

Well, Vale is a whole new country but that’s besides the point. Her expression turned to skeptical that his weapons had names. Weren’t they just given away? “But you didn’t name them yourself if the weapons were nearly thrown out.” She pointed out this confusion and briefly drew her cross bow out to display. “I was advised to give a name for protection since it was used to keep the store safe, so I named mine Security. I packed myself two more dust cartridges to load. It’s fairly simple compared to older models that require a hand crank. As for melee,” she aimed the bow to the side away from the both of them and pulled back a side bar that converted the bow section to fold back its arms as bladed teeth and the string becoming a chain feed to the motor. The converted weapon hummed to life.

“I think this modification can serve multiple purposes.” The girl explained with a small sense of pride to have thought up the modification when her range options fail.
Eiji

You are probably correct people do like to talk their tall tales. He turned to her as she looked confused about how far off he went. Not quite sure how far out. I can say it took me four hours to walk there and three back. I also spent a considerable amount of time watching the grimm. Eiji said as they crossed the threshold of the school. Eiji watched her as she explained her weapon. It did look like something that would thwart intruders. Though the hairs on his tail stood up when it roared to life. He had to stop himself from reflexively trying to swat it out of her hands. It was just too noisy. What is that contraption? Eiji asked as he carefully eyed the weapon up and down. He looked like he wanted to run away from it. My weapons had names carved in the metal of the shaft of the spear and the handle of the shield. Not bad names but the poetry is lost on me. Eiji said as he took them off of his back. Malice and mercy.
Mica Lecent

Knowing this would take hours made Mica wish they just ate before going. Guess it’s rationing out the granola. If she had know this would be a long venture some more snacks would be packed. Not that she had any reason to spend longer than a day doing this. All that forethought took a back seat when he jumped from the chainsaw.

“This? It’s a chainsaw. I named it Security,” Mica answer simply and paused the motor to point out the teeth lined blades. “The motor spins the length of these to cut through various things. Handy for large trees that get in the way or threatening thieves.” Resetting the lever brought it back to the default auto crossbow formation. “Most weapons transform to save from carrying too much or needing access to a faster weapon when shooting isn’t viable or wasteful.”

After explaining this, she moved to try seeking out the names Eiji claimed to be on his weapons. “You carved them yourself? But you said they were being thrown out so those were the names they have before.” Looking them over, she sighed and raised a brow at him. “Let me guess. They’re broken since they can’t transform and are locked in their current state.”
  • Information