Don’t tell me the odds [Private w/ Eiji] [Completed]

This areas in between the various buildings of the Academy. Perfect for relaxing!
Mica Lecent
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Olive brown
Semblance Name: Pressure Cycle
Weapon Name: Security

Roaming the hallways and greeting new faces was a strange memory to relive. People that greeted so nicely in their school uniforms, the layout so open, and just the views. Mica couldn’t help to pause now and then to look at the greenery beyond the windows. “Wow,” the freshman breathed before catching sight of some classmates passing by in the reflection. She turned and politely waved in greeting as they passed by. “Lovely weather, isn’t it?” The small talk rolling off the tongue. Usually a joking remark of how shitty the cold has been or what expected storm would come their way but Beacon was different. Very different.

“Oh. I should make note of this.”

Reaching into her pocket to produce a small device with a yellow diamond at its center, she tugged it to the side to extend the transparent hard light display. Holding it up to the window, Mica fiddled with the settings to take a picture of the view while heading down the hallways.

Eventually, the pathway opened up to a large garden. Her scroll snapping away at more photos to send back home. “They wouldn’t believe the stark contrast. I should get some more up close.” Mica crossed the grounds with her scroll’s shutter clicking away. Taking in the sounds and scents around her. The lawn was littered with students hanging out in various places doing whatever they fancy. Some had instruments, others practices sword swings, and then there were the ones having picnics with their snacks out in the open. Mica hoped to join in on that but, for now, without any food at hand did she took a picture instead.

“It does feel warm out to nap in this,” she commented at the photo of students sunbathing like cats. Someone in there might have actually been a Faunus of one. She chuckled and moved towards the flowers in their decorative planters. Everything seemed to put her mind at ease rather than incur homesickness. How orderly and tidy the people were but relaxed. Yes, relaxing might be the aspect Beacon seems to emanate since arriving here.

“Maybe I can convince them to move here with enough photos,” Mica mused as she came up to a much taller student who also seemed to be admiring the plants as well. Her thumb swiping back at all the pictures taken thus far. Once her thumb rested on the very first picture in the hall, Mica realized that she neglected to take a single one of herself.

Turning to the student by her, Mica waved her hand to get their attention and presented her scroll. “Actually, excuse me, could you help me a bit? I wonder if you could take a photo of me with these flowers. It’s for my folks back home.”
Last edited by Mica Lecent on Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eiji
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Canine ears and tail)
Aura Color: purple
Semblance Name: Apex
Weapon Name: Malice and Mercy

Eiji didn't know how he felt. Standing there in the garden observing the flowers and other plants the school had planted. The Gardens had a familiar aroma to them, wild yes. But still so confined. Everything planted so evenly and not a weed in sight.
He tugged a but on his uniform. It was messy with one side tucked in and the other flapping about in the breeze. Eiji had only been at beacon for a day now, still getting settled in but it was just so... different from what he had imagined in his head. People lazing about chatting with one another. His ears twitched to try to ignore the conversations his sensitive ears were eavesdropping onto.

The stench of the city permeated everywhere, though less so here. It was just another bullet point on his long list of things he would need to get used to staying here. His thoughts bounced between beacon and the grassy plains he called home till a noise directed at him pulled him out of his stupor. A girl was asking something of him. Before he could even begin to ask what, she wanted she held out a scroll and he smelled something. Something familiar. Instead of taking the picture without a word Eiji took the scroll and held it up to his face and investigated the familiar smell.
"Snow lilies. From atlas." He said aloud.
He had seen some from his short time up in Atlas but not enough time to make them familiar. He held the scroll and with a curious head tilt he began to question the girl. "We have met before. Fair skin. Smell of snow lilies. Had to be in atlas.... When?"
Eiji said as he held the scroll and stared at the girl with a cold gaze. He didn't mean to stare as he wasn't looking at her but digging up his brain to re trace his steps, Waiter maybe? Atlas academy? One of the guards who threw him out of the city? Eiji ruminated on his as he stared at her.
Mica Lecent

For a second was Mica elated to see her request was about to be taken till he said something so strange that it took her aback from her expectations. Snow lilies were often used back home to accent the clothes they washed if customers enjoyed it. Perhaps he noticed the lotion used but even then, Mica needed a few seconds before replying at the odd remark.

“I’m surprised you noticed. It’s from so lotion I have.” Or so she hoped to be the case till the man rambled while holding her scroll aloft and mentioned Atlas. Why Atlas? Mica felt an inkling of caution from the student staring down at her.

How did he narrow down to Atlas?! Her stern eyes locked with his suspiciously of what he’s planning. Was he going to take her scroll and run off with it? Oh the second he does Mica was sure to be on him for stealing!

In their stare down and his ramblings of having met before, Mica’s shoulders tensed up at the notion. The very idea of meeting someone like him before! Now that they were having this face off, his uniform was oddly not tucked in right with what could be crease marks from the packaging. How sloppy.

“Hey, if you’re not going to assist then can I have my scroll back?” She voiced with a hint of impatience as a tightening spring to snap. “It’s unlikely we have met before. How could you even know of snow lilies and Atlas? You’d have to have gone to my family’s store to know. You’d have to be a previous customer to have…”

She wanted to call out his bluff. There’s no way! And yet, saying it out loud, there was a cold chill down her spine at the possibility. What are the odds? No… No! Mica didn’t want to know what those odds were as she stared at him. Unaware of how pale the notion was making her.
Eiji

Her families store. That's right it was starting to come back to him now. "Your store you say." It was a store. The smell of cleaning supplies and hot water. " Yes I think I remember you." It was all so clear now that he put his mind to it. He held out the scroll for her to take back. "A fuller's shop. You were the rude girl who sprayed me." Eiji said now with a clear head to remember her. meeting her here. Not that he held any I'll will despite the unpleasantness she brought up on him.
Mica Lecent

Some sweat began to pool at the back of her neck. “Ridiculous.” Her hand snatched up the scroll and tapped the yellow diamond mark on it to shrink it down to roughly the size of her thumb in length. This whole matter can’t be. Logistically they were miles away from Atlas! It’ll take an airship to leave to make it to Vale.

“To say that you were passing through, yes, it must have been a brief cleaning appointment for your gear.” Mica wanted to fool them both that this was the case. Coats Clear served many customers throughout a work week and their standard always drew in many visitors. This Faunus was just one of many.

“You must have heard a local review and came to have your clothes dry cleaning. Yes. Good you appreciate the fragrance provided to your attire.” Her voice spinning a yawn the same as taking a customer’s order. Sign here, return in a few hours, have a nice day, we hope to see you soon. Routine and done for the next. Mica grimaced to hope that was the solution and turned away to find another part of the garden to check out.

"A fuller's shop. You were the rude girl who sprayed me."

The second he said that Mica whipped around and glared up at him to reflect in her glasses. Her teeth clenched to keep her customer service behavior in check.

“You must be misguided. Customers are treated far better than you are implying.”
Eiji

Eiji raised and eyebrow at the story she attempted to weave him. "Your deception is both poor and confounding. To think someone would lie about something like this. " Eiji said as he held he started to tell his side of his his memory.

------------
One year ago
-------------

The sun was starting to go down, after another unproductive day. At least he got something comfortable to keep the wind and snow at bay. After trading most of those paper notes people are so keen on collecting to a faunus in the slums eiji found himself the new owner of a dirty but heavy blanket he has wrapped around himself like a cloak. There was another problem beginning to rear it's head and that was hunger. Hunting in the city was always a fruitless game. Well there were rats but even they were few and far between in the city. There was however something much better than rats littered all over the city. Trash cans. For a unknown reason people were keen on throwing away perfectly good food and eiji was not one to waste opportunities for easy food. He began to smell the air around him and caught the smell of a fire roasted something. Following his nose and over a wall he found himself in an alley alongside large dumpster. Throwing open the lid he was surprised to find not only a bounty of tossed aside and wasted food but they were freshly put there. Taking a moment to curse the wastefulness of the humans who lived in this snowy hellhole Eiji began to pick through the dumpster looking for food that had not begun to rot that much.
Mica Lecent

The shorter girl folded her arms and kept her stance. Her scroll neatly pocketed in her tense stare-down. The pieces coming together on the identity of this man with the harsh truth of it all. “Lie? Hardly. I’ll be the judge of that.”

—————
One year ago
—————

Mica sighed and closed the back door after tossing away a bagful of garbage into the local dumpster. Trash day was coming up soon that it was best to toss out as much as possible before the sun, and the temperature, drops. Evening has begun to set in and it was down the wire to pack up the clothes still left in the machines. Another day at the cleaners with an overnight load for tomorrow.

“Trash all removed, Mom,” she called and rolled up her sleeves at the sink to wash up a bit before doing some packaging. Each laundry sack given matched back with the bundle of clothes with a small paper to mark which ones preferred to have a scented satchel included or not. Mainly the local residents requested this than visiting Hunters and Huntresses but it was whatever the customer wanted.

Mother had her own pile of work to do some mending with the buttons or some embroidery requests. Father did the same to help share the load. Oftentimes it was patches, initials, or removal of patches from uniforms. Customers said it was a bit cheaper here to be done than in the Atlas barracks which got a sympathetic chuckle now that her parents were on the outside this time.

Mica carried out packing and neatly tying the piles of folded clothes into bundles with the hums of the washing machines behind her when suddenly Father got up and sprang to the fridge. Confused stares following.

“Mica, honey. There’s one more. Could you take these out?” Her father returning with another sack that got neglected in the previous sweep.

“Oh yeah, sure.” Finishing up tying and tucking away a set of dress shirts, she went over to take the bag with her and started to head out again.

“Beware of any strangers.” Her mother called before giving her husband the stink eye for neglecting perishables again in the workshop.

Mica donned on her coat and gloves and left the store as the muffled arguments heated up about improper spending were sealed behind the door. Of late the police have reported late night thieves and local break-ins. Normally it isn’t so severe but it raises and falls on its own tide that people joke if it’s cause of the moon. She patted down her pocket to feel for the dust canister for safety as she made her way to the dumpster. It’ll be a quick task. With the dumpster in sight, she paused for a second at a strange sound. Coming from the dumpster? Nah. Maybe its some loose bottles that shifted. Thinking that must be it, she nonchalantly hefted the lid and tossed the next bag onto the unsuspecting occupant.

—————
Eiji

While rifling through the trash eiji let out a yelp as he felt something hit him in the back of the head and push his face right into the trash pile. Making a loud ruckus of cans and bottles eiji twisted over to find another bag was tossed at him, and more yet it was warm. Smelling even more food in that bag than the others eiji grabbed hold of the bag and began to shred it open with his teeth. His tail wagged knocking over and moving even more trash, making it sound like a garbage disposal as trash crashed against the metal siding of the dumpster. Inside the bag was vegetables and a whole heap load of bread and chicken bones with a very gracious amount of meat on them. Eiji began to ravenously eat the stale bread, once he was done with that he began to shovel handfuls of the veggie mush into his mouth just giddy at his good fortune today.
Mica Lecent

The girl gasped and fell backwards in the snow by the noise. Not even a mild groan to even suspect the girl had awoken someone sleeping in there. No. The dumpster have come to life with so much noise and scampering that she felt a panic of what could be going on in there. Its metal frame shuddering terribly as if something was clawing within. Her mind scrambled for thoughts of what could be inside. If not a freshly despoiled corpse then what?! Grimm?

The din was terrible with the fear of a Grimm had somehow wandered into their neighborhood. The girl’s first instinct was to find her crossbow till realizing she left it back at home under the store counter. Dammit. Wait, there’s still that canister of dust. She can trigger something at worse then call for help the second they immobilized. Perhaps trapping them inside the dumpster will do.

Thinking on her options, she still needed to get close to do anything. While the Grimm could be distracted now, she needed to calm down. Running away in a panic would just make herself all the more apparent of a new meal. Finding the container of water dust in her pocket, Mica crept closer to the garbage bin.

Whatever was going on in there was massively hungry. Teeth gnashing and chomping down. As she went to try sealing the lis did the top flew up. Its tail and knocked it out in its frenzy. Upon a closer inspection beyond the mass of frozen filth was no Grimm at all. The coloring didn’t match. Something worse was inside. Ravenous homeless! A ravenous homeless Faunus no less!

“Ah god. It’s those trash diving Faunus again,” Mica gasped in recalling the instance a Faunus and disposed humans were reported crawling around dumpsters. Last time it was a raccoon Faunus that was digging into their trash bins for weeks. The neighbors say he was out disposing bodies or worse, using it as a place to hide. Foaming at the mouth and rabid. A sickness among the homeless the police have tried to quell by detaining them. Did that guy escape jail or something? Maybe scaring him off will do.

“H-hey! You better get outta here before I call the cops for trespassing and public disturbance! You hear me?” Mica called out and readied the dust can. “They already arrested you once and it’ll be extended sentence for breaki g out of jail.”
Eiji

Eiji stopped for a moment as he heard some one speaking. Sticking his head out of the dumpster he could see a girl standing there. Giving her a nod and climbing out of the dumpster gave her a good look at him. His blanket cloak was now dirty, green trashy snow clung to it, his face was a mess of food and gods his hair was matted like he had never even taken a bath.
"I believe you are thinking of another." Eiji said still holding the bag. Fishing out a chicken bone he took a bite off of it and threw the now clean bone back into the dumpster. Looking at her then the bag eiji made the connection between the two of them.
"I thank you for the bag. You were the one who threw it yes? Though if you are not going to eat your food you would do well to prepare less. Look at all of this going to rot. It's despicable." Eiji chided her. Standing there eiji could smell her. A nasty unnatural smell, more of that stench came from the door she walked out of, with a hint of snow lily. "Do you make a habit of being so wasteful?"
Mica Lecent

‘I should have bet it was a Grimm.’

The girl grimaced at the repulsive sight of a man climbing out of the garbage with a bag in tow. Why do such people take these options?! Any options?! The girl made cautious wary to not get too close to the person and prayed the winds didn’t shift.

“Ugh, a filthy Faunus,” she groaned and shook her head quickly to maintain focus. A terrible combination of feral waste. The fact he was trying to give her a lecture made her impulsively swat it away. “Quit thanking me. I do mean it on my word. I will signal for the police if you and other scarves keep this up.” The girl threatened towards the talking load of filth.

“And you’re the one that’s despicable here. Roaming around in landfills and getting caught in god knows what in diseases. It’s the type of people that like that keeps things being as they are. A wonder your kind baulk at basic grooming. I don’t need a straw lecture over wasteful food from an overgrown sewer rat.”
Eiji

"Other scavs?" Eiji asked her as he looked around. "Im the only one here." Eiji said to her as looked at the garbage bag. Filthy faunus, if Eiji had a chicken breast for every time, he got called that here in atlas he wouldn't need to be digging around in other people's belongings, dispite them wasting so much food. "Hmmm" Eiji held his head in thought before coming to an idea.
"So, girl you want me gone. I'll go, I'll wager it will take the local authorities about five to twenty minutes to get here, yes? They usually swap out patrols this time of day so you may be left waiting, while we wait for the authorities I will continue to dig through here, when they arrive i will leave. Does this sound agreeable?" Eiji wanted some food and wanted him gone, in his head they both got what they wanted. Before he would give a moment for Mica to answer him he would blurt out, "Excellent. It is good to find a levelheaded human." Then he would turn around and continue to use his free hand to find food scraps and toss them in the trash bag he was holding.
Mica Lecent

“And it will be better if there was none here.” Mica argued with her ears red and fuming in the cold. Though her words didn’t carry an edge to them as the dumpster man ran the logistics for how soon the police would arrive. Having the system down to the minute just to get away with his crimes. Must be someone the police overlooked from the last few calls.

Before she could get a word out, infuriating her more, the man turned around and resumed his rifling though the sacks of trash once more. Argh! “I said get out of that! Don’t you understand what kind of chemicals and filth are there?! It’s not for consumption!”

Having enough of his depravity, she went over and took the water dust container and turned the nozzle to a narrowed spit. “Out! Now!” Mica demanded as she held the can out before her. The contents making a shimmering hum before a jet blast of water came out to hose him down.
Eiji

Feeling quite proud of himself using his talking skills to change a situation for the better he felt like he could get somewhere with his endeavours. Even taking the time to hum a song he heard a while ago. "No i do not understand, that's why im digging through it, to gain understanding, and a meal." Eiji answered back to her cheerfully. That cheer would not last long as wave of water hit him in the back. Being quite confused and turning around quickly he got a mouthful of the blast. Spitting and shuddering as his newfound blanket was now soaking wet. Matching that with the harsh cold winds that were blowing Eiji was back at square one when it came to warding off the cold. "Gah, what is your deal? You were supposed to call the authority around here, not blast me with water you cur!" Eiji cursed at her but did as she said and got out of the dumpster. "Its quite difficult to stay warm in a wet blanket, And why do you even want any of this? You tossed it away, You even tossed this bag right too me!" Eiji was starting to get upset, maybe it was just because they didnt want it but at the same time they also didn't want him having it either.
Mica Lecent

“I already warned you. Are you simply waiting till you ate something that stewed and mixed with other house hold items? No! You don’t!” Mica argued with the can held threateningly to hose him again. The whole point of nearly condemning the man to freeze to death glossed over.

“Freeze and eat elsewhere! Get sick and crawl in a hole! When are you trash hobos going to learn that going around people’s dumpsters is just asking to catch something?” The girl demanded. His sputtering to ask why she even wanted any of this trash making her shake her head angrily and step forward with the miniature water canon aimed at him.

“It is refuse! Trash! Items even adjacent to refuse is refuse! No one wants that! I don’t want it! It’s meant to be processed and removed! Not to go diving around in it or hide bodies! Quit being irresponsible! Don’t you dare go blaming me your slimy bleach covered sausage gets you killed for a stomach ulcer .”
Eiji

"Irresponsible? What is irresponsible is you wasting all of this food!" Eiji held firm in his argument. She was being wasteful and not even content in that she had to stop others from cleaning up her mess. Despicable. "Its not refuse its food you refused to eat and throw away you idiotic girl!" Eiji yelled back at her and took another step forward to her. "Not only that you mix in your wasted food with that foul smelling poison. Its not enough to waste it you have to keep others from having it. Its a spit in the face to the animals that perished so you can have your meal girl!" It was times like this he was thankful he wasn't raised in a city. These people were almost infantile with how they chose to use and waste their resources. "I should drag you into a hole and have you die there, not only for being wasteful but for spraying me you brat, And i will blame you for ruining my cloak you toad!"
Mica Lecent

“So you actually prefer to die by ingesting poison yourself! What fool are you to even be here?! The other homeless camps must have thrown you out to let you go through the trash!”

Mica was more than appalled by his behavior and lack of sense that it was shaping up to almost pity him. Almost. “Did anyone ever teach you at all the difference of what to eat? Even the local crows and animals know a difference and you’re out chewing on anything cluelessly just because it didn’t kill you right away!”

Some lights in nearby buildings began to turn on from the commotion the pair were out shouting their debates. The girl. or caring much in the slightest as she kept her can ready with mounting pressure from his words.

“Like hell I’d like you dare to try you, you, feral dog,” the girl glowered at the idea of even killing her. “Not before I scrub down your mangy corpse as a courtesy for being a walking toxic ridden plague beast!” Mica challenged and sprayed at him agin for his threats with another burst of pressurized water.
Eiji

"Its a risk im willing to take. Sickness has never put me down." Eiji said. She was looking awfully mad right now, good he was angry as well. Lights turned on and people began to whisper. Eiji felt like a fight was about to break out, so he focused on his semblance.
He did till she sprayed him again, throwing up his arms he attempted to block the stream of water she was summoning out of nowhere which quickly killed the mood for a fight. Instead, he focused his semblance. The blanket he was wearing was thrown off as two extremely large wings threw it off. And with two large flaps the Faunus was now airborne with the trash bag in his hand. However, with the next flap in which me meant to fly away his wing clipped the side of her house, causing him to tumble, then regain his balance, the same thing couldn't be said of his prize as the trash bag overturned and spilled and sprayed trash everywhere below him. He then dropped the bag. And flew away.

--------
current day
-------

"I believe that is how it went down. Did that raccoon faunus you spoke of before ever return or did you take my advice and cease your wasteful ways?" Eiji asked her with his arms crossed. Now that he had retold the story thinking back it was quite humorous, if you omitted the part where he nearly froze his tail off.
Mica Lecent

Mica concentrated on her semblance with the water dust canister in hand. There was only so much in it so she hoped to eventually drew enough to have this mongrel of a Faunus frozen to the wall for the police to collect. What she didn’t count on what the sudden set of wings that came out of him. Can Faunus even do that? Mutate like that? Either way, he was trying to get away and Mica would rather prefer him behind bars.

“Don’t you dare!” She called up to him and angles the jet stream after him. “Get back here!” Neither of them didn’t account for what came after. This stranger failing to take account for the alley they were in floundered his flight path with the angry girl below him. Unfortunately he managed to get away leaving a gravely fuming girl below. The torn up bag throwing up its contents all for the alley way and the girl.

“Filthy Faunus!” Mica screamed after him in more anguish to now be covered with the same garbage he was after. Throwing the used up dust can down in the snow, she fled back to the house for a desperately needed and required bath. Her parents hollering after her for trailing in a mess through the store as their own argument was broken up.

—————-
Present day
——————

The irate girl looked the same as last time. Her hands now akimbo on her hips as they two shared their stories much to any onlookers that stuck around to listen or fled for having their peace disturbed.

“You’re missing the finer details,” Mica pointed out from her side of the story. Knowing it was the same Faunus made her cross to even see him again in Vale of all places.

“He returned again and tried to rob our store from breaking into the back entrance. We sent him back to jail, where you should have been,” she recounted in a huff to hear another environmental lecture. “Due to you and the other filthy homeless vagabonds, we don’t have the local dumpster anymore. Deemed it was attracting too much riffraff by the neighborhood seeking food and shelter in that instead of actually migrating to the wellfare camps. Our garbage is now picked up than sitting in a waste bin.”

The girl cleared up with no mention of the other problems such as crime groups using those very same vessels as drop off points or how due to running costs to keep the laundry store running to budget their own spendings.

Her arms eventually folded when addressing him accusingly. “Why are you even hear? Creepily followed me or something? Let me guess, you stole that uniform to go through the school’s garbage as well after last time.”
Last edited by Mica Lecent on Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eiji

"ah tried to rob. As in failed. Good on you for defending yourself." Eiji nodded along to her story, well until the accusations started flying his way. "Well good. Less waste is good for the world. That trash can could have been used as something else for Instance. And no. I'm here to learn more about the Grimm so I may fell them more effectively and in greater number." Eiji answered her questions and blew off her chides.
"The food in the cafeteria is free, so digging through trash is unnecessary. Unless someone throws away something colorful." Eiji said as he looked her up and down.
"And what is a fuller doing here, I couldn't imagine you wanting to kill Grimm."
Mica Lecent

“Of course.” Mica grumbled at his behavior for assuming the resulting events were a compliment by his actions. Neither his praise was wholly welcomed when it came to a matter of protecting one’s home. Not that this vagabond cared to be doing to go from Atlas to Vale.

Her brow quickly shot up to doubt that was his real reason. “Learn about Grimm. The very person that would prefer sleeping out in a ditch than in the protection of cities. Thought a voyager would have learned more of Grimm by being out there living among them.” The girl wasn’t buying it for how risky it was to be living far away from civilization.

She shifted to weight whilst noting the man seemed a touch cleaner than their previous encounter. Less green and brown but still can do better. Immediately she pointed a finger at him for daring to go eating garbage again. “Don’t you even start that! If you’re going to be passing as a student here then act like one. That means no going through garbage.”

What was the school even thinking in accepting him?! Mica was certainly going to have some words with the staffing of this place if they allowed such a thing. Though odd be seems to object in her enrollment. Her hand retracted to motion to herself.

“Money. People pay high for protection against Grimm.”
Eiji

"Watching Grimm out in their element is one thing but effectively slaying them is another all together. Here every one is focused on killing them so now here I am. If there were an alternative, I would be doing that. But after looking around this seems like the best option." Eiji said. Putting up his hands to wave away her advice to not go through the garbage around the school. "I was already briefed on that by the professors. I won't be doing anything like that here." Eiji didn't lie to her however he did pick through the trash throughout town though.
"A fuller as a huntsman. I guess it would be more entertaining." Eiji figured thats why someone would quit a family business to tangle with Grimm, the money was there yes but for all intents and purposes money was useless to him.
He thought about offering to help her with her scroll but despite being given one when he was accepted he simply had no idea how to use it.
"Well I wish you success in your endeavors. Hopefully you aquire all the monetary notes you desire. I would advise that you do not spray any other individuals with water at your time here. That was most unpleasant."
Mica Lecent

Best option of killing Grimm. Who knew he had some foresight after all. “Fashioning to become a Grimm exterminator. Sure.” A logical reasoning for someone in his circumstances. Her seemed to relent a bit that the professors did have a word with him. Good. If she had known that the school enabled him to go scavenging again then she’d transfer elsewhere.

“What’s so entertaining about that? Money can achieve a lot of large endeavors. Not like you’d know.” Not that some homeless would care to know. Mica huffed and took her scroll out again to have it on hand to resume her photography as he seemed to wish her well on it. Not that she’d be willing to accept this too but there was one more thing he failed to mention.

“Hold it.”

She didn’t want to part just yet without one last mystery in the table.

“Saying the school just picked you off the street to be here as a student. No chance you’d actually have filled out any paperwork, that doesn’t explain how in Remnant DID you get here?”

The scroll flicked open to a simplified map of the world and the main kingdoms.

“Atlas and Vale are mainly accessed by airships. How did you even make it here or anywhere at all?”
Eiji

"Not that the money is entertaining, the work. Working with clothes is a useful skill however, i would think being out there hunting Grimm would be a more entertaining prospect." Eiji said as she took her scroll out in her hand and began to walk away. He turned back to the flowers, until he heard her blurt out again. 'Hold it' Eiji turned around again and the girl looked frustrated like she had something ruminated on her mind that was bugging her.

As she brought up the map Eiji put out his hand to touch the scroll as it opened up the map. "I had some help with enrolling but more or less they picked me up off the street yes." Eiji said to her missing the point of her words. She was insulting him for being a vagrant, however the statement to him made sense, after all you have to walk on the street to get to the school.
"How did i get to atlas and vale? Easily really." Eiji said. He figured it would be easier to show her.
Turning around and taking about ten steps away from her. Taking a moment to make sure he had the space and no one else was around. Then it hit him not to ruin his uniform. Quickly he took his uniform shirt off and the undershirt, throwing them on the ground. His aura covered his body and with a deep breath he focused on his semblance and just like that, two large wings sprouted from his back. Eiji flexed him to Strech them out to his maximum wingspan.
"I rarely have need of an air ship since i have wings."
Mica Lecent

“What are you doing?” Mica asked with her head tilted slightly. He began to take a few steps away. After five steps she started to think he wasn’t going to do anything at all but walk out on her and the question. “Where are you going?” Returning the scroll to its smaller form to keep in hand, she took a few steps to give chase before he stopped suddenly which made her halt as well.

His unpredictable actions throwing her off. Was he changing his mind now? Mica thought that was it first before he began to move a bit awkwardly as if he was figuring something out. Suddenly he began removing his uniform blazer and undershirt. She got about ready to start a fire on him for suddenly stripping himself down indecently. The coloring on his body turned to a shade of purple. Building up and darkening till a part of wings came out. Their impressive wingspan making up for the distance that Mica didn’t believe it at first. Those very same wings that he fumbled around with last time.

“No. I don’t believe that.” Mica denied how that was even possible when marching forward and stopping short of his discarded clothes. “You literally flew from Atlas to Vale? The distance! Let alone hours of a trip to make. You- You barely even flew last time! These wings would easily crowd up an alley. This can’t have been it. These are probably for show for how much aura it’d take.”
Eiji

"Showing you how i made it here." Eiji said as he relaxed his wings and they folded into themselves and rested on his back.
"i only had my wings for a short while the first time we met. That is another reason im here. I heard that their semblance training is a big reason students join." He explained as he reached over and stroked his right wing. "The distance is a challenge but after a flight its nothing a meal and some rest cannot correct. If you don't believe your eyes, you can trust your touch. Id offer to show you my flight but i was instructed that flying around as i do wouldn't be advantageous on school grounds."
Eiji explained as he reached down to grab his clothes. They had alot of dirt of em now but not enough to make them unwearable.
"Rests are required for long trips, and Air ship traffic provides a place to uh.. rest my wings for an hour before taking off again. Like the seagulls do."
Mica Lecent

Believing he was a stow away would have been a lot easier. Those appendages seem to be part of his body yet were they just some trick with hard light? Mica wasn’t going to have herself suddenly feel imposed just because of the giant wing span or that he’s taller than her. What made her flinch a bit was the offer to touch them. Her mind only plagued by that ugly encounter to hesitate. He probably won’t shut up otherwise if she avoided it.

“Grr, just a moment,” she grumbled and reached into the pockets of her skirt to find a pair of gloves to put on. The gloves were tugged on tight and securely at the cuffs rill she felt ready. “Never seen a seagull rest on an airship. And flap out some of the dirt on that uniform. At least do that for all your exhibition!” Moving around him, she attempted to tap at the wings to see what or how they were made up before prodding some more, trying to tug at the pinions and what looked to be feathers. Can he even molt?

“How…is this even working?”
Eiji

"Just my semblance at work. Helpful for traveling. And some seagulls hang out on the top part of the boat. I don't think its accessible unless you have some tools, I think. There were even a few nests up there." Eiji said as he reached over to his wing and pulled one of the pinions off of his wing. "Ow." Eiji said as he held out one of the massive pinions and showed it to her.
"It's all real. Once I'm done using them they tend to fall off. When struck i feel pain. Other than that i have no idea how it works." He then did as she asked with his free hand and shook the dirt off of the shirt. The grime on the shirt seemed stuck in but he would deal with that later. "So did that answer your question sufficiently?" Eiji asked as other students began to walk by to investigate the noise. They would give a look to the two of them before walking off while whispering among themselves.
"How about you? Do you have a semblance?"
Mica Lecent

“What you’re saying is that you hitch hike on ships when you get tired.” Mica sighed while moving the wing about and tried to lift it. Surprisingly enough, there was weight to this! To even produce feathers and the like led to some confusion when looking in contrast to his Faunus ears and tail. Her face kept scrunched on how to even describe this Faunus and these mutations. Normally Faunus are of a singular animal trait and this is a semblance?! Thinking on it made her head hurt.

“I hate to imagine what a mess would this become,” she muttered without fulfilling the rest of the sentence. The wings and coloring were reminiscent to when a stray chicken was caught by a fox and had its wing pulled from a fight. Seeing how he offered a feather in exchange for minor pain, the idea began to solidify.

“Fall. As in the wings drop off?” Her gloved hands had her thumbs overlap each other with fingers spread out as wings that promptly dropped. “They’re more like antlers to be falling off like that!” Wonderful! Giant sets of wings laying about like a giant dead caucasus.

“I’ve never seen a mutated semblance. Faunus are typically one animal but to have ears, a tail, and now wings; Faunus genetics must be unstable.” Mica sighed before looking at some students passing by. What are they one about?

“If they wanted to see filthy strippers they can swarm a gym.” Her foul mood teetering but having some answers weighted out the thoughts of being revolted. Next she snatched the shirt and jacket to look it over. Splotches of dirt and something else that was oddly stubborn. Some sort of oil base. Did he even try or was he wearing the same stupid shirt and jacket without actually washing it at any point?!

The girl held a small fist in annoyance to folding up the shirt and jacket then shove it back into his arms. All this answered how he got here well enough so he managed to get that done correctly. “The brochure says there is a laundry facility on campus. Use it. Or be cold and shirtless. I don’t care. Just wash it and consider tailoring for your wing access.” She argued despite constantly having one issue or another. “Warning you now, I better not see your head in garbage or chewing rotten spoils.”
Eiji

"Well when they fall off I'm usually out doing somewhere. It's like you said, just like antlers." Eiji pointed out. "As for the semblance its hard to say. Wings were not the first. After observing so many creatures with claws i was able to manifest some of my own. The Wings are the latest addition." He said as his white wings fluttered out again to show off the color before returning to their resting position. He didn't react when she snatched the clothes out of his hand to give them a look over herself.
"My lineage has little to do with my wings, just my ears and tail, and I know where the cleaning facility is. I haven't gotten the opportunity to visit it yet." He admitted.
"But since you seem adamant i will take a trip there. " Though her saying to get the clothes made with the semblance in mind was a good idea. Was it a good enough thought from her to make up her spraying him down? Maybe. But for now he would settle with leaving the girl to play with her scroll while he milled through his thoughts while he waited for his wings to come off.
"Do enjoy having fun with your scroll. And ill probably see you around the campus. Goodbye."
  • Information