Double Date [Private w/ Erin, Al, Pyry & Bartok]

This areas in between the various buildings of the Academy. Perfect for relaxing!
Pyry Ward
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Tainnuttaa
Weapon Name: Keihäs

Pyry chuckled as they went back on forth about Erin's mom and her apparent smoothness with the lines. He was dying to see her and wondered if he'd ever get to meet her. She sounded so opposite to the girl he adored, he'd have to ask Bartok all about that dynamic when Erin wasn't around to shoot daggers at them or murder them mid conversation.

He wasn't one to look at scars but figured dancing around the issue all day would just make things awkward for Al. While he didn't look away he made it a point to not stare either, it was more like when you're trying to see someone's eye color. You notice, nod, and move on.

At Erin's nudge he smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head gently. "It's okay little princess, no one would think we cheated. You're too much of a brat to risk it."

Erin obviously felt bad about the way she'd treated him recently which really helped him in forgiving her. It still upset him that she'd just abandoned him without a word and treated him like dirt every time he did manage to catch her eye. However, she was making an effort to be nicer and not completely shooting him down so she was mostly forgiven.

"Oh, I am having the best time at Beacon. There is something liberating about not having to constantly look over your shoulder or question everyone's intentions. I'm here to kick ass, have fun, and enjoy spending time with the ladies. All of which I'm accomplishing in spades." He set down his card with a ridiculous grin, how did the perfect card exist!? My toga collection. Seriously, what were the odds? "It's a nice break before getting back to the hell that is cleaning up my home and protecting my sisters. I swear I'm going to party like parties are going out of style over my time here."
The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
Bartok Evergreen
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

"Mmmm... I wouldn't agree that Erin's a brat, or above cheating. If she puts garbage in people's beds, I think she'd cheat at a card game." He smirked and stuck out his tongue at his oldest friend. "Enjoying the time with the ladies? As much as I can agree, does that mean you've been seeing others aside from Erin?" He asked, knowing what kind of question that was. But Pyry was the one who had said it right infront of the girl he was obviously chasing, and she was going to bring that up if Bartok didn't, and it would go far worse for him if she did.

Bartok too a long while to select his card, eventually playing "Dying of Dysentery", which made him laugh quite a bit imagining it in context.

"My time at Beacon has been pretty swell, all things considered. The teachers here are more interesting than I had imagined, and most everyone I've met here has been pretty cool, but yeah, Erin we really need to catch up on Spectacular Beetle Girl. Terrible title, but man it's a good show. Really pro-faunus and that gets it a bad rap but... Yeah."
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

Al was mostly silent as this conversation happened, she really could not contribute much considering that these topics did not concern her much, she spent what...like maybe 4 hours together with Erin, while the raccoon faunus did give Al a bad first impression, she had warmed up to her over the course of this picnic, still not reason to ask about Pyry and his possible playboy antics, he did make that impression, especially the way he first introduced himself to Ax back at the beach.
So she took to staring at her cards very intently, what would someone show the other to catch their interest and was funny to boot ?
She scratched her chin, though, then Bartok spoke up, while he could not see it the black glasses of her max fixated themselves on his face, was he serious ? She asked herself as she thought back to all the stories Bartok told her of his time at Signal.
"Now, if that doesn't sound like the pot calling the kettle black."
She whispered, quiet enough to where she knew that Erin and Pyry should not be able to hear it, well at least not Pyry, she wasn't certain what faunus traits Erin had besides her adorable tail.

Without much of a comment, she laid down her card, which read: how I lost my medical license.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Erin Cherrywood
Race: Faunus - Racoon Tail
Aura Color: Gold
Semblance Name: Vertigo
Weapon Name: Urumi Pendulum

A warm smile spread across her face as she remembered her many adventures of strategic trash placement all over a certain someone's bed. It wasn't just trash; each item selected really accentuated the fact that Sparrow was a rotten bitch.

"Why I never." She complained in mock offense laying a dainty hand on her chest even though she was clearly proud. "I would never use my sneaky sneak skills to give people their just desserts." Shaking the smile off she playfully wrinkled her nose at Pyry when he kissed the top of her head. He was certainly taking advantage of her kindness today.

Erin was pretty okay with Pyry up until he started talking about his goals while at Beacon. Her tail swished in frustration as she remembered why she didn't want to date him. Angling away from him she glared. It wasn't fair for her to be mad - she'd told him she didn't want to date him so he was free to persue who he wanted - but it pissed her off that he would move forward so easily and brag about it. "Yeah, why don't you tell us about your conquests?" She asked frostily.

A large part of her wanted to turn the conversation away from her and Pyry, especially since it left Al out, but she wanted the answer. Still enough of her felt bad that she cleared her throat and nodded at Al. "Sorry for the turn of conversation..." She muttered embarrassedly.

Grabbing the cards she chose the funniest one to her. "How I lost my medical license is funniest to me."
There is no such thing as justice, the best that we can hope for is revenge
Pyry Ward

"You must not know Erin all that well nowadays then." Pyry said dismissively with a self-important smile. "She is probably the brattiest person I've ever met. She's so self-absorbed and quick to anger." Winking down at Erin he smiled. "But she's honest and headstrong so it's worth it."

Ah, there it was. The question all ladies men had to answer eventually. Who was he talking to and when. If he said no one he was a liar and if he said anyone he wasn't worth Erin's time.

He hadn't planned on taking things down this road, especially with two people he barely knew watching them air their dirty laundry but it was hard to avoid now. He did feel for Al. She'd gone through all this trouble to make a nice double date and it kept reverting to Erin getting pissed. "Yeah, sorry about the drama, hopefully this is the last of it." He offered with a sympathetic nod in her direction.

With a half smile and shrug he held up his hands in defense. "I couldn't tell you any names if that's what you two are getting at. I've definitely kissed a girl or two, maybe five if I'm thinking about it, but all for fun and no one worth remembering. Hell, I doubt they even know my name." He looked down at Erin's glare and raised a eyebrow. "Surely you didn't think cutting off all ties would have me in isolation, waiting desperately for your return? If you want me to yourself you need to make a commitment. You can't just drop in when you feel like it and expect me to be waiting chastely. Either claim me as your own and brand me or risk me breaking all sorts of hearts." There. It was out there now. Hopefully it didn't upset Bartok, but he didn't imagine he'd care very much what Erin did. Bartok had a girlfriend and it was clear he didn't have romantic feelings for Erin. It wasn't like he was asking Erin to choose him over some long time romantic companion.

Not wanting to stall the game he laid down his next card. _______ we can believe in.

"Beetle girl huh?" He thought about if he'd ever watched the show and couldn't say he had. "I might have to watch to see what's so interesting to hook you two."
Bartok Evergreen

Bartok recoiled, though mostly with his ears, at Al's comment. "Hey, I'm not seeing other people while I'm with you, am I?" He turned and although Bartok would have to disagree with the self-absorption, and somewhat against the quickness to anger(she was only quick to anger to defend people, not just a hot temper), he had to admit that he had a point about seeing other girls while Erin wasn't willing to commit. Bartok would be sitting in Pyry's seat if Al had been non-committal or flakey. But, as much as he loved women in general, when he got into an agreement, he stuck with it. He hoped Pyry was the same.

He decided to not verbally agree with Pyry, as much as he did. He had said it, and that was that. More pressure wasn't going to help Erin make the decision she really wanted to make. He laid down his card, "Huge Biceps." Maybe Pyry might resonate with that.

"It's a kids show, but it's honestly really good. They just need to stop writing it for kids and make it for their real audience, and it'd be even better of a show."
Al Ciendra

Al did not respond to Bartok, she simply shrugged at his response, he was right, he was being loyal to her yet she still did not think that he was in any position to judge Pyry from what he had told her, not that she agreed with the toga wearing guy's playboy antics, but so far he seemed very attached to Erin.
She was still looking at her cards and food, her ears had already drooped low, this entire thing was turning into a mess and just not how she had wanted it to go, it was pretty disheartening.
Though, Al looked up with surprise as Erin and Pyry apologized for the drama and called it quits!
Could they finally get on with having fun at this picnic ? Focus on relaxing and just having a nice time, enjoy all the snacks she's made and the game that Pyry was so kind to bring along ?
Pyry continued.
Al's tail which had raised itself for a single wag dropped again as she just sighed, Al laid down her card, reading "Money" and then laid her cards to the side and grabbed a sandwich, pulling up her mask to idly chew on it.
She really did not expect to be the third wheel during a double date, but here we are, guess it would be a fourth wheel though, Al curled up a little pulling her knees to her chest as she sat there and watched the three others discuss.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Erin Cherrywood

Was it a secret defect in Erin that made her want to ruin everything whenever she was having a decent time? She couldn't help but feel the urge to storm off again as the conversation twisted against her even as she knew she was the one who baited it that way. Why was she so desperate to avoid having to socialize?

Her tail bristled and she narrowed her eyes at Pyry as he gave his two cents on his reading of her personality and their current relationship. He was such as ass.

Tail still swishing behind her, Erin turned her nose up in to the air away from him. "Do whoever you want. I already told you I'm not interested in dating anyone."

Eyes returning to her cards she felt her face fall a little. It sure felt like she cared...

Nodding her agreement with Bartok she turned to face him. "They really do need to age the show up a bit. They're really missing the full potential by keeping it trapped in the children's category."

Sliding her card - nachos - over she looked up at Al again. "What's your favorite song?" She asked suddenly, a change in conversation was much needed if she was going to not ruin this day for Bartok and Al. They were trying to include Erin in this new dynamic and she wasn't going to make it any more awkward for them than it already was.
Pyry Ward

Pyry wondered if faunus could tell when their tails moved around. It was pretty obvious when they were experiencing a strong emotion. Erin's tail usually flicked about in frustration or dropped when she didn't get her way, which he'd originally chalked up to her open book personality, but Al showed her emotions through her ears as well. He could see the slight movements and piece together the feelings they were attached too and he felt bad again. In his defense, he wasn't even told about the double date and Erin hadn't given him the chance to sort his anger at her so it was natural that it would leak out in petty words, but that still wasn't fair to the couple that had gone out of their way to make him feel welcome.

Sighing he shrugged. Nothing to be done about Erin's refusal to give him a chance. If she wanted to be a brat about it that was her problem. Shaking his head at her, he resigned himself to having a chat with her later. She was such a selfish brat at times that it baffled him. How did she refuse his offer to be solely dedicated to her then get mad that he wasn't going to wait around for her to decide she wanted to admit what he already knew? She was into him.

Pushing aside the feelings of frustration, he scanned the cards they'd laid out. "Call me obvious but let the biceps have it."

It was hard to imagine Erin being excited about a kid's show, but if was also hard to picture her freaking out over trash so what did he know? "I'll think on finding the show."

The sudden switch to music was jarring but subtlety wasn't exactly Erin's strong suit.
Last edited by Pyry Ward on Tue May 17, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartok Evergreen

Bartok realized that he hadn't heard Al say anything. He couldn't exactly blame her for trying to stay out of the awkward tension, but odd shifting motions from her made him click his tongue twice. Drooped ears? Curled up? Maybe she wasn't avoiding the conversation, maybe she was feeling left out. This whole situation was a mess. He wasn't sure how to bring her in to the conversation or if she would even want it, so instead he put his arm around her shoulders, scooting a little closer to her, and held his cards with one hand. Thankfully Erin came to the rescue, asking Al what her favorite song was. He sent a soft appreciative smile her way.

When his card, Huge Biceps, was chosen Bartok nodded his head and collected the cards. He drew a black card reading, "_______, that's how I want to die." Oh man, he wished he could play some of his own cards for this.
Al Ciendra

Al was slowly but surely becoming more apathetic to the entire situation, she had expected this to be a nice picnic with Bartok and get to know two of her fellow students a bit better.
All she really learned about them that Erin needed to loosen up and that Pyry was as pushy with his playboy antics as she had thought from back at the beach.
Not that she really minded, after all, she and Bartok were a thing.
She had expected this to continue until her ears suddenly perked up as Bartok was suddenly up against her.
She was surprised, evident by a short orange flash of her semblance focused on the black glass of her mask, almost as if her mask had suddenly gained eyes.
Al stood still for a second, until she leaned her head against Bartok's shoulder, quietly she whispered a "Thank you." to him.

Erin trying to start a conversation with her was a bit surprising, but still very welcome.
"Uhm...favorite song huh, man if you had asked me this during the truth or dare game I'd probably have taken a slap."
She giggled, thinking back on that game once again.
"Answer is the same right now, I really got no idea."
She shrugged, as much as she could so close to Bartok.

Now actually looking at her cards and the new topic, instead of just using it to pretend to be doing something.
Al chuckled, oh yeah, she knew exactly how she wanted to go.
As with a giggle, she laid down, a stunningly beautiful woman.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Erin Cherrywood

So much for the transition into a new conversation. She'd hoped to at least hear a band name or something she could use to springboard to a new topic but all her question did was put up another wall.

Twisting the ring on her pinky again she sighed. She was horribly uncomfortable with her boy drama being on display in front of her best friend and what was essentially a stranger she thought she wouldn't have to socialize with one-on-one.

She was doing her best to pleasant but all it was doing was causing an emotional rollercoaster and she was sick of trying to be someone she wasn't. Screw trying to be someone Bartok could introduce to his girlfriend. "Okay, I'm going to give it to you straight. This whole situation is extremely uncomfortable and I am trying very hard to choose a conversation that you can actually participate in. So what do you like and are willing to talk about? I don't have the emotional patience to sit here and play 21 questions while also navigating the self inflicted boy drama that I swore I'd never get stuck in." It wasn't an accusatory tone or a demand. In fact, it was quite honest and reflected the uncomfortable feeling that was making Erin's tail swish anxiously behind her. "I don't care who talks or about what but we need to shift towards fun or I am running away before I can do more damage to the tentative friendships I'm supposed to be fostering."

Dropping her card - achieving reproductive success - she felt her face growing red. The only good thing was that things couldn't possibly get any more awkward.
Pyry Ward

Knowing absolutely nothing about Al didn't stop Pyry from being surprised that she didn't have a favorite song. What person didn't have a favorite song? Maybe she just liked so many that she couldn't choose? He was going to ask her if there was at least a type of music she liked but Erin blurted out her intentions with the sudden conversation shift and he couldn't stop himself from laughing, though he quickly covered his mouth. Erin was straight to the point but she was sooooo awkward about it.

Not wanting all the pressure of choosing a conversation on Al he raised a hand. "It's not a like, but I hate people chewing gum. If I could rid the world of one thing it would be gum." He said dramatically before laying down his card: under the pressure of a thousand tacos.
Bartok Evergreen

Bartok softly hummed, "Mmhm." To Al's 'thank you'. He was pretty sure he was the only one who heard her, and she would be the only one to hear him.

He wanted to put his face in his hands when Al, who got saved by a question, answered that question with a 'I don't know'. That wasn't a way to continue a conversation, but Al also didn't seem like the most social person ever. He was about to speak up when Erin just let out her thoughts, completely honest. That was the Erin he knew, tackling things head on instead of just dealing with them.

He smiled when Pyry helped more, offering a topic. "Oh man, chewing gum. People smacking it around in their teeth and the weird sucking sounds and everything else that you guys probably don't hear, I completely agree Pyry." He looked down at Al, squeezing her shoulder a little. "What about you? How much do you hear when people chew gum?"

With his other hand he reached down to examine the other cards to his black card, "_______, that's how I want to die." "A stunningly beautiful woman" was a usually a default win, but the odd way "achieving reproductive success " was worded and it's meaning, was just too funny to him to pass up. It barely beat Al's card and he held up the winning card, chuckling.
Al Ciendra

Al was a little taken back by Erin's response, she even felt some rage boil up inside her as she was thinking of the current situation, but then Erin continued and Al could see what she meant.
The way she put it was blunt, rude even.
But, she could understand and could also not really blame Erin for acting like this.
So she sighed, letting Bartok feel her tension fade as she just focused on what was being said.

She was just a little annoyed that her card did not get picked but non the less laid down a new black one, as she shuddered when Bartok described his expiernce regarding gum.
The new card was: Introducing the product that will change the world _____

Al turned to Bartok, then just shook her head in disgust.
"ALL of exactly that, it's just...gross! Makes my skin crawl when they try and get it out of their teeth and just...urgh."
Al shuddered, shaking her head as a visible shiver went up her spine.
"In general, why are there so many gross sounding snacks ? I like sweets, but if there is one thing I despise people doing in public, it's chewing hard candy, like bonbons and lollipops, makes me wonder if it's just the candy crunching like that or their teeth."
In her frustration Al pulled up her mask, leaning forward and grabbimg another sandwich.
"It's gross candy talk but this still makes me hungry."
She chewed for a bit, before a lightbulb seemed to light in her head.

"I know I messed up this topic, but I actually do have a song I really like, not my favorite, cuz that's just impossible to choose, but have you heard of the artist shady cicada, this kinda topic reminds me of his song "System Failure" and how theres still so much stuff just not suited for faunus...like earbuds."
She sighed, her ears pressing to her head as she looked to Bartok, to see if he could relate.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Erin Cherrywood

Erin's eyebrows raised slightly as she watch Al react. It seemed she wasn't the only one a bit frustrated with the day's events; to be fair though, she was pretty sure everyone here was a bit uncomfortable and frustrated. Except maybe Pyry.

Smiling warmly she felt pride swell as her tail swished behind her. It was a little thing but she was oddly proud of her card being picked. "Alright~"

Wrinkling her nose in disgust at the idea of gum chewing she felt a shiver down her spine. She hated the sound of chewing in general. "Personally the soft candies bug me more. I hate how people's mouths fill with spit and you hear it sloshing around. Ugh!" Sticking her tongue out she shook her head.

She wasn't entirely sure what bugged her about the public displays of affection between Bartok and Al: was it the closeness between them or the weird pressure it put on her to be nicer to Pyry? It felt weird to sit apart from Pyry while they were so close but she didn't want to have to sit close just to appease some weird feeling she didn't understand. Deciding on a compromise she went back to leaning her head on Pyry's upper arm.

The band didn't sound familiar so she shook her head. "No. I haven't heard it yet. What's the song about?"
Pyry Ward

Pyry had always hated the sound of gum chewing - like Erin it was that nasty spit sound that really irked him - but he hadn't even considered that there were more disgusting sounds that he couldn't hear at all. He didn't not envy the faunus with extraordinary hearing at all.

Shuddering at the thought of people biting hard candy he stuck his tongue out in disgust. "Yeah, not a fan of crunchy either. Come to think of it, I just don't like hearing people eat."

Reaching over with his free hand, he gently stroked Erin's cheek. "It's not that kind of song little princess. If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a badass instrumental. Sounds like a real fight scene in a movie kind of thing. Great guitar and wicked drums."

When Al pointed out the lack of faunus accessible items he frowned. It hadn't occurred to him that there would be everyday things they couldn't just buy and use. "Now, I'm not trying to be racist here and I know that sounds awful because it's usually followed by something incredibly racist, but I wonder if the lack of faunus accessories is because of lack of uniformity among the differing ear styles you guys have. With humans it's easy because we pretty much have the same ear shape and size, give or take the size of the ear canal. Just you and Bartok alone have vastly different needs as far as headphones go." It occurred to him that he was mansplaining - after all wouldn't they know their own needs better than him? Too late to back out now though. Maybe if he shifted the conversation a bit he could pull through without looking like a jackass. "That being said, I don't have them on me, but I have a pair of headphones I've been tinkering with that might work for you. They are supposed sit on your temple and play music while still being unhearable to everyone else. I was trying to make headphones that don't need to go in my ears, so I can still listen to other things around me, but maybe they'd be cool for faunus too? They're still in the early stages but maybe they could become a thing."

He frowned as he laid down his card - a teenage boy in the friend zone. He wasn't going to be winning any points with his hand. He snorted a laugh and leaned down to whisper the stupid joke to Erin: she loved bad puns.
Bartok Evergreen

Hard candies, soft candies, and crunchy things. Yeah, a lot of sounds Bartok had to ignore whenever he was in the cafeteria. Though the crunchiness was sometimes satisfying. Like a handful of potato chips being crunch on, that one continous cocophany of everything breaking was something else. The spit and the rest? He could do without.

Then earphones were brough up. "Yeah, earbuds and all that I just can't wear. Presses agains the ears too much and they hurt. I normally just play something on my scroll at a low volume so no one else can hear it, but I can." He had a small smile at that. It was something he had discovered when he was much younger.

Then Pyry talked about earbuds he was working on that didn't require ears? "Woah, what? You are working on them? As if inventing them? What the heck are you doing here at a Huntsman's academy instead of a business school or something?"

He didn't have a good card for this other than one that was simply true. He put down "Coffee"
Last edited by Bartok Evergreen on Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Ciendra

Al sighed, she had tried the low volume idea too, but her hearing wasn't good enough to do that in a public space, or rather not selective enough.

She pointed a finger gun at Pyry happy that someone recognized the song.
"That's the one."

Then he went on to talk more, starting his train of thought of with a sentence that Al had heard way too often to not immediately associate it with dog breeds or names.
Though she was tempted to cut him off, Al gave him a chance, Pyry was a bit of a douche, but she didn't think he was racist, this redundant explanation about faunus ears had to go somewhere right ?

"Wait what ?!"
She exclaimed as she heard of this revelation, that was so cool!
Her dad had tried to make something similar for her, but being a traditionalist, he couldn't work with modern electronics to save his life,
"That's awesome! Could I try them out sometime ?"
She asked, leaning forward with excitement just radiating from her, causing her to forget the fact that she was the card czar entirely.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Erin Cherrywood

Humming in thought she tried to imagine what the song would sound like. She heard a lot of cool instrumentals but never really sat down to pick one apart. Not that it really suited her, but she was more into soft classical music. Things with harps and soft flutes and violins and stuff. "I'll have to give it a listen when I get back to my room."

Erin's head snapped up when Pyry started the next vein of conversation with how he wasn't trying to be racist. That almost never ended well, but she was curious where this was going to go since he had never even said something remotely racist so she said nothing. He rambled for a bit about ears and she felt her nose wrinkle at his awkward start before he started talking about headphones that he was inventing. She knew he was good with metal work and crafting in general but she didn't realize that it extended to electronics as well. Her tail stood up in interest, the headphones wouldn't do her any good but it was a really cool idea.

Bartok asked why he wasn't in a business school and she felt her face screw up. "I feel like engineering or design would be more appropriate. That aside," she gestured at Pyry. "this guy would look ridiculous in a suit and tie."

Pyry leaned in and whispered to her about how he wasn't winning any points with his hand and she snorted a laugh into her hands. It was so stupid she couldn't help but love it.

It was then that she realized she still hadn't dropped a card yet. A blush flashed across her face as she tried to nonchalantly toss her card in the pile without even looking at her hand. "Powerful thighs" was the card she ended up tossing.
Last edited by Erin Cherrywood on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pyry Ward

Pyry's eyebrows raised in amusement at Al and Bartok's reactions. He could understand their shock and skepticism: he didn't exactly look like someone who was super into mechanical engineering. The apparent lack of mechanics in his everyday style and weaponry didn't exactly scream teach-savvy.

He nodded at Al with a smile. "Of course. That's why I brought it up. I can only take the design so far with my physiology, my ears are a lot closer to my temples than many faunus and I'm not sure how the sound transfers to ears in different positions." Turning his attention to Bartok he shrugged. "Part of it is being a hunter lets me crack a lot more skulls." Erin added that he would look ridiculous in a suit and tie and he laughed and nodded in agreement. "That too. I have to show my muscles and skin or the girls can't focus. Too busy trying to undress me with their eyes." He smirked as another reason came to mind. "Aaaaand, the girls here show a lot more skin too."

Erin finally laid her card down and he chuckled under his breath. It was funny that she felt the need to try to play it cool. It's not like she was the first one to ever slip up in a card game before.
Bartok Evergreen

Erin said that Pyry wouldn't look good in a suit and tie, and Pyry agreed. "Alright, as much as I can't exactly say you'd look good in a suit and tie or not," He waved fingers infront of his blind eyes, "I still think they'd look good on just about anyone. Why I wear what I wear so often." He was about to touch on a subject that was a little too sensitive that even he didn't want to admit, and moved on.

"They do?" Bartok added to Pyry's comment about girls showing more skin. "Not like I can see the skin, but I've been hearing less clothing moving around a lot of the girls. Figured it was because they were wearing tighter clothes but it never quite matched up in my head. I pick up lots of conversations of girls commenting on each other's outfits, but usually centered around how they show off their butts. I guess it's not about how tight the pants are?"
Al Ciendra

Al looked to Erin with a smirk, now that she was finally opening up Al could see why Pyry liked her, she was cute, just to keep the good mood Al ignored Erin's tardiness and instead just stared at Pyry, looking him up and down, then at Bartok to get a good view of a suit.
Then back at Pyry.
"Nah, I'd have to agree, a suit would look strange on Pyry, but a cool uniform that'd be something."
She said, just imagening Pyry in various uniforms now, hm...his hair kinda clashed with a bunch of them, with an internal shrug she dropped the idea, as Pyry and Bartok gave her a new line of thought.
"I can't relate myself, comfy clothes are kind of a must have for me, my battle outfit included, pretty comfortable for metal armor and a bodysuit. But, I sure don't mind some of the other girls dressing the way they do, it's a shame you can't see it Bartok."
She nudged him, a broad grin under her mask as she finally got to picking cards.
She looked between the three, a little disapointed but, yeah.
"Yeah, I know some people that could not survive without this, so Coffee wins."
Al says holding up the card.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Erin Cherrywood

Erin nodded in agreement with Al. "Yeah, Py-chart here just doesn't have the face or hair for a suit. Especially since he won't take off the crown even if I would totally look better in it." Looking Pyry over she tried to imagine him in something not resembling a toga. "I feel like he'd need something that shows off some skin otherwise he'd look like he was wrapped in a puffy sleeping bag."

When the conversation shifted to girls showing skin she titled her head in thought. "Yeah, definitely a lot less clothing going around here, but I'm with Al. I need comfort. I mean, hell, I don't even have a battle outfit yet. Still just wearing my jeans and hoodie..." She trailed off in thought: maybe it was time for her to finally design a battle suit. "Huh... I guess I finally need to design my suit this year..." She frowned in thought. The whole reason she didn't have one yet was because she really didn't know what she wanted. Grabbing some more food she tried to start piecing together an idea before accepting that it probably wasn't the time for that.

"I dunno, maybe it's for the best that Bartok can't see. He'd never be able to focus with all this skin around."
Pyry Ward

Pyry grinned with pride when Erin and Al vetoed the suit idea, he had spent quite some time crafting his image so it was nice to see that it had indeed stuck. Suits seemed too stuffy. "Hey, for the record the crown would look amazing with anything, it just happens to look best on me despite what you think." He teased. "As for a uniform, maybe. I'm not really sure what I'd look like outside of the school uniform and toga though. Maybe I need to show up in jeans someday to throw everyone off."

Looking at Bartok he considered the idea that suits looked awesome on every guy. "I guess you do have a point. As the song goes every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man. I think it's your thing though, wouldn't wanna butt in on your territory."

"Maybe someday I should work on some sort of glasses to help you out. Even if it's some VR artificial fix it might be nice to see the ladies." His mouth ticked up at one corner as he thought about his own poor eyesight. He couldn't see very well past a few feet, but at least he could see. "Do you think goggles ever get in the way of your being attractive?" He asked curiously. "I mean, I don't wear glasses because they mess with my aesthetic so I was curious if you ever thought they hindered yours?"
Bartok Evergreen

"Yeah, it is a shame I can't see 'em." Bartok said with a small sigh, then Erin brought up something important. "You're right, if I could see, I might be a little too distracted to actually pass my classes. But I got my focus now, so I should be fine." He nudged Al.

"Comfortable clothes are a must. I feel just about every fiber of mine, so I get that. My battlesuit looks pretty much the same as what I'm wearing now. Shirt, tie, vest, but boots instead of these dress shoes, but they still look fancy. I then have a long coat that could go over it. But those clothes are more expendable. More likely to be torn and damaged and all that."

Pyry mentioned making VR goggles are something so he could see. His ears stood on end and he stared, as much as he could, at Pyry. "That... would be really awesome, man." His tone was softer, less trying to be cool like he normally spoke but far more genuine. He was honestly blown away at such an offer, even if it would take a few years to make it happen. "There's a lot of stuff I'd like to see besides the ladies. Like..." his tone almost became dreamy. "The sunrise, trees, how I actually look in these clothes, wind blowing through grass, you guys..." He was getting a little too sappy for his own taste, and he moved to Pyry's question about his goggles.

"My goggles? I don't think they've messed with my aesthetic. They may not match too well, but I think I make them work. Though they hide my stunning red eyes, which would match more. It's just that practically any light at all makes my eyes light on fire. Maybe one day I'll be able to get over it."

Al picked his card as the winner and he pumped his arm in triumph. He drew a black card.

"____, _____, and ____ were found at the crime scene."
Al Ciendra

Well there were a bunch of things Al could pick up on, Py-Chart being one of them. Erin and Pyry were taking it slower than she and Bartok had, but Erin already had an actually clever nickname for her possible boyfriend, was that a thing she should think about ?
Bartok...Bartok Evergreen...no nothing clicked for her just now, maybe if she gave it some thought.

Speaking of that,Erin was doing some thinking of her own, regarding a battle outfit, kind of a shame Bartok did not pick up on that.
"Eh, battle outfits aren't all that important, sure might be nice to have but if your day-to-day clothes don't hinder you while fighting then that's all good. I only really have mine because not all of my clothes are heat-resistant. Would be pretty humiliating if I ended every fight half nude."
She giggled, more to herself, at the idea.
"Though I'm sure you could find something that fits ya, you're cute as hell, so there's plenty of stuff that could look good on you. If you'd like, I could ask my dad to make you some armor."

While she was talking to Erin she had not missed the other conversation that was going on between the two guys, she leaned into Bartok again, hearing him speak like this made her smile a lot.
"Well, maybe allowing Bartok to see wouldn't be that good of an idea, he'd never take his 'focus' off me anymore after all."

As this was going on there was a new prompt, three whole cards!
Huh, what funny things could be found at a crime scene ?
Oh!
Al laid down her three cards only after a few seconds: A cat, multiple laser-pointers mounted to a fan and a car battery.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Erin Cherrywood

Erin rolled her eyes, but this time it was playful. She'd been bugging him about the crown since the day they all met at the beach; as much as she wanted the crown she was okay with the ring he'd made her - which she'd started idly twisting again as he shifted back to talking about clothes and girls. Was she the kind of girl who liked fancy guys? She didn't think so but how often did she run into a man in a full blown tux?

She wanted to contradict Bartok, his goggles absolutely lowered his attractiveness - his face was insanely beautiful, it was a shame he had to cover it - but she didn't want any misunderstandings so she kept quiet

Erin was shocked again and she looked up at Pyry with wide eyes and lifted eyebrows. "Just how much do you play with tech? I know you are great at metal working but now I'm hearing about headphones and glasses."

At Al's response to the battle outfit situation she nodded in agreement. Battle suits were nice but not much use if you didn't have them on when trouble struck. "That's true. There should be a need for a suit before just spending a bunch of time and resources making one." Erin couldn't stop from giggling at the idea of clothes being ruined due to not supporting a semblance. "Oddly enough ruined clothes are why I would want a suit. I would die if my sweater got ruined in a fight. I've had this thing for years." Al offered her dad's assistance and she blinked in surprise. "Oh! Wow, maybe? I haven't really even figured out my needs yet so I don't know that I should ask for help yet. Thank you though, that's really cool to offer. Is that what your dad does?"

Looking at Bartok she gave a sad smile. She knew he longed to see the world, but normal glasses just didn't help and getting robot eyes just seemed dangerous and extreme. "I think for now you are better off not being totally distracted by your girlfriend. Wouldn't want you failing school because you were too busy staring."

"I like your eyes being a thing that only I get to see." A moment's hesitation. "And I guess Al too now."

Three cards.... The janitor, a bucket of melted ice cream, and a dirty left shoe.
Pyry Ward

Pyry smirked at the reaction to Bartok actually seeing the girls around campus. "Maybe for a day or two, but I think you'd get used to seeing them in no time. I am obsessed with women and I somehow manage to get things done. Honestly after a while the skin doesn't even register anymore unless you're looking for it."

Watching Bartok's attitude shift at the idea of getting goggles to help his sight made Pyry want to shift the idea to the top of his list, he could tell how much the idea of sight meant to him. "I'm excellent with metalwork and wiring for sure, but I think I'll need some serious practice and research before the goggles would be workable. I'd have to figure out some sort of software that adjusts to the individual's eyes, kind of like that machine that tests your eyes at the optometrist." He smiled at Bartok and nodded firmly. "I'll figure it out, just might take me a few months."

Erin's battle suit came up and he tried to remember what her fighting style was but realized he hadn't actually seen her fight yet. If it has anything to do with those flips she did at the beach he knew she'd need flexibility. "Maybe some chest and knee armor with spandex? If you do all those crazy flips when you fight you'll want flexibility."

His cards still weren't what he'd call stellar but he set them down anyway. Broken dreams, half a bike, and pizza crust.
Bartok Evergreen

Although Bartok heard everything the girls said, he even heard some conversations happening out of the earshot of the rest of them, he kept his focus on Pyry.

"Really? I'd get used to seeing them?" He wasn't sure about that. Being able to view a woman's legs from afar without having to persuade them that he should be able to physically examine them sounded lovely. But there were sounds he got so used to that he eventually tuned them out, maybe it'd be like that.

He listened to the man speak about the glasses ideas. "Yeah, I guess there would be a lot that would have to go into that. But man, you ever come up with those and I'll be your guinea pig."

Erin mentioned how he maybe didn't need eyes. "Ah, I guess that's true. And I'm so used to fighting blind, learning to react to sights would take a long while."

He looked at the cards. Al's combo was great, he could imagine the cats going absolutely beserk over all the lasers and maiming someone. Erin's cards, the Janitor and the melted ice cream worked, but where did the shoe come in? And then Pyry's, he couldn't stop himself from laugh at it. Broken dreams, half a bike, and pizza crust. He could imagine the devestation that happened randomly to some poor chap, obliterating half the bicycle and leaving the pizza he was eating behind. Or maybe the dropped pizza crust contributed to the broken dreams. Either way, it was clear. "Alright the broken dreams wins, that's hilarious."
  • Information