(Open 2/3) The 'not-so-old' stomping grounds

This areas in between the various buildings of the Academy. Perfect for relaxing!
Jim Lavay
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Gold
Semblance Name: Redline - Hereditary
Weapon Name: Reclamation

A long smile ran across the young huntsmen's face as he exited the transport. Clad in his standard red and black adventuring gear he would at least partially stick out from those wearing their uniforms. Then again this was nothing knew as he found about any excuse imaginable to not be in that thing. Of course, such memories and even more felt like a lifetime ago. Even if they were only a few short months and yet he could not be happier to see the grounds. Even though, he may not be a student anymore Jim still had so many connections to the place. Many people that he hoped to see again before they graduated themselves. Perhaps even find himself a part-time gig helping around the place. Though, none of those details really mattered in this moment as his brain was filled with the sights and sounds that brought about a flurry of memories.

In some regards Jim's new life was amazing on a level that he had never imagined. In other way's it was the hardest by far the hardest thing he had ever done. After all, the life of a huntsmen was a selfless one. Regularly putting yourself in harm’s way to prevent said harm coming to others. Long hours where one must be always vigilant. On the flip side it also came with unparalleled freedom. Go where you wish, brave the roads, or the sky. This of course was always the biggest selling point to him. Yet, as he now was back at the Academy the former student found himself strangely feeling a little homesick. Ava, Shana, Sierra, Ivory, and so many others that his recent assignments caused him to lose touch. These were problems that he didn't have here and while things weren't perfect. They were pretty darn good especially towards the end of his tenure.

No less than a few steps down into the grand gardens Jim took in the sights of students interacting. He was fairly certain that if he watched long enough, he'd see someone fall into the fountain or out of a tree. For a place filled with the most athletic and physically bless specimen in the world. It was surprising how often such things happen. Either way, with a chuckle he would continue in further towards the school.

Some of his old friends knew that he was back in town, but Jim had not told any of them that he was visiting today. Instead, he figured he'd just wander about and see who he could surprise, or on the flip side who might surprise him.
Last edited by Jim Lavay on Wed May 05, 2021 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Talking | Thinking

Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and damn, I've almost died a lot.
Rouge Ako
Aura Color: Scarlet
Semblance Name: Mosaic Maestro
Weapon Name: Abismo Escarlata

Today was an acoustic guitar day, he wasn’t sure why but Rouge grabbed it’s neck before realizing which who’s it belonged to as he headed outside of his dorm room, and his neighbors seemed very glad he was heading out today since it was a weekend and meant they’ll get some extra sleep. He strapped the guitar around his back and slowly made his way down the stairs and adjusted his sash as he did so. The combat attire was currently being worn which made him stick out like a sore thumb, his white and red clashing terribly with the other students uniforms or darker shades for their training clothes. Rouge wasn’t sure what he wanted to do today, he had his guitar but wasn’t looking to practice and he was wearing his combat clothes but didn’t bring training supplies. Maybe he’ll just take a walk around the garden and socialize.

When he made it to the gardens he noticed the small amount of students, staff, and others walking around. The students were staying in groups or cliques (mostly the younger students were doing this) as they walked around or found some shades or open benches. A few of the older students, third years namely, nods in Rouge’s direction as a greeting more than an invitation. Which was fine with him. However he did notice someone off in the distance, a man around his height with a stockier build and more than likely older than Rouge. This wasn’t the thing that caught his attention though, it was the fact that he very much resembled a student who used to go here, a year or two further than Rouge.

The name escaped him and he really didn’t want to go up to the fellow and just call him Steve or Carl. Rouge is definitely not getting into that predicament again. So he just walked up to him and gave a nod with a wave. ”Hello, sorry for the interruption but you look very familiar to a student a year or two ago, a senior of mine, and was wondering if that so happens to be you.” He honestly wasn’t sure if he would know or remember Rouge’s appearance or name, in fact he doubted it, but he hoped he could connect or reconnect with this someone from a few years ago.
”Pieces of music can never die, they live forever in the ears of those who’ve musician’s played for.”
-Rouge Ako

Theme
Jim Lavay

After taking a moment to really absorb the sights Jim moved further into the campus. Without too much a plan he'd just sort of let his legs take him where they wished. Not too far in he got an alert on his scroll. It was from the Atlesian of his teammates a rather berating message given that he was back in Vale while she was away. All the same it brought a smile to his face as it really did bring him back to his time here. How many times did him and Ava run off getting into trouble just to have Sierra or Shana running behind to keep them in line? The memory drew and audible laugh that could not have come at the worst time as just as he was about to put the device away a guy walked up.

"Whoops..." He'd Laugh a little bit more before slipping the scroll back into his pocket. Hearing Rouge's comment Jim found himself chuckling softly while nodding his head. Reaching back, he'd pat the six-foot behemoth of a blade on his back and go. "Damn, did this give me away?" It was clearly said in a lighthearted tone as he also quickly reached out with his hand. "Yeah man, it’s actually only been a few months since I graduated." Pausing for a second to take a breath before continuing to the official introduction. "I'm Jim Lavay though, I'm just back in town figured I'd visit the not-so-old stomping grounds. See if a professor came out and chased me away." That comment brought quite a bit of laughter with it as he shook his head.

This dude definitely seemed familiar, but he couldn't quite place it as his memory was ass and he'd met so many people over his time here. Hopefully, he wouldn't take any offence. "What about you? I think I remember seeing you round, or maybe you've met my little cousin Ivory. She's in her 3rd year here." His tone and demeanor were far more like a fellow student would be then some prestigious or uppity hunter. Maybe he should work on that. Then again, when he was familiar with about 70% of the population perhaps, he'd still get a slight pass for a few years.
Talking | Thinking

Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and damn, I've almost died a lot.
Rouge Ako

The Scarlet Musician eyed the large weapon strapped to the junior hunter’s back, it was an eye sore but honestly it wasn’t the thing that led Rouge to believe he knew Jim. Now the information of Ivory being his younger sister, that may have been the kicker because he can see the slight resemblances between the two. He seemed to be delightful given his tone and mannerisms as a newly graduate and Rouge can understand the reasoning behind it. When Jim commented about remembering Rouge from earlier his mind went back to when he did a boy hand performance on one of his teammate’s birthday because she adored them. ”Its good to meet you, I’m Rouge Ako, a third year as well and hopefully a soon to be graduate.”

Rouge slipped the guitar off of his back and leaned it against one of the numerous benches littering the academy gardens, he was slightly interested in Jim now because he is a full time huntsman which meant he has to have seen quiet a bit since going out there. Maybe it’ll help to get some insider knowledge of the world Rouge will be entering soon enough. “How has life been outside of the academy walls? Have you been enjoying the Grimm Hunting life you’ve been training for?” Extremely brutal and straight to the point, but thankfully the student was a bit lighthearted with his words and the small smile he wore would hopefully help out the less than harmful words he spoke.

“Also, if you don’t mind me asking, you say that you graduated here right? Does that mean you graduated by yourself or with a team?” He certainly was full of questions and half expecting to see Jim walk off without a word wearing big eyes.
”Pieces of music can never die, they live forever in the ears of those who’ve musician’s played for.”
-Rouge Ako

Theme
Jim Lavay

Giving the guys a nod as he returned the introduction. "Yeah, that was it! Good to see ya again man." Whether or not he really remembered Rouge or not was a bit debatable. However, Jim was so friendly and chill that it would be hard for most to get mad about it. At least, that was how it worked out... usually.

As for Rouge's next question Jim would just kinda laugh for a moment. He probably should have expected this kind of thing as it was almost always the first thing, he asked any huntsmen that came through while he was a student. Unfortunately, he didn't really have a ton to say. "Heh, I mean it's definitely been fun, but sadly I don't have any crazy ass war stories yet." A bit of laughter interrupted the words as he tried to think of something better to say. "Yeah, I mean all the wildest stuff I did was during my stay here. Were you here yet when those cultists tried to attack the school? That was some stuff..." Giving him a chance to answer he'd finish by at least partially answering the original question. "...but nah man, you go from king of the castle here to just another rookie. Which means long hours on BS missions. It's one of the reasons I came back to Vale. Was hoping to find some steadier work instead of whatever I can find in the moment." Despite being a little discontent, he kept his attitude and tone positive.

The next part managed to crack his seemingly untouchable good mood. "Yes, yes we did..." A long sigh interrupted the comment. "...we luckily all showed up around the same time. Which was awesome for the time that we were here. Unfortunately, it also meant that we all got dragged different directions upon graduating. One of our teammates had to get back to her family business. Another was here on a military sponsorship, and yeah we all were kind beholden to something." After letting it drop a bit, he'd manage a smile again. "Anyway, damn I'm sorry. I didn't mean to drag it down like that. After all, I'm keepin my head up. I'm sure our paths will cross again soon. Plus if I get to pissed off cleaving a couple Grimm always bring me right back." He'd grin.

With that he'd pause a moment before asking a question of his own. "What about you? Got a team or just runnin solo?"
Talking | Thinking

Rouge Ako

”It is wonderful to see you as well, though this time in conversation.” The musician gladly held the conversation with the newly appointed huntsman, surprised with the fact that he somewhat remembers Rouge or at least remembers seeing him or at least is doing an amazing job at faking it. But Rouge couldn’t help but give a small smile in return to the otherwise jolly fellow.

For the questions he asked, the answers weren’t really what he was looking for. Not so much for stories or wacky adventures, more so he wanted to know what was the world like in the eyes of a graduate. Though Rouge’s way of asking wasn’t the greatest and it’s very possible that it was just confusing. Though when Jim brought up the cultists, Rouge remembered the attack pretty well considering he was at the end of his first year, he wasn’t much help considering his level of skill but he helped out with what he could. “I remember that time, though I wasn’t at the front lines with most of the upper years. My team stayed in the rear and offered support.” Then Jim talked about his experience and what Rouge has to look forward to, which sounds a bit unfortunate but it’s the life he’s chosen and is currently heading down. “Huh, well hopefully it’ll be better after this year. Maybe some more... action? Yeah action.”

Rouge listened silently as Jim talked about his team and was the musician’s mood turned blue as he heard the splitting of Jim’s team brought memories to Rouge’s mind that he would rather not go through. His facial expressions turning sour and sodden, a look of regret, lost, and alone sat there. Then Jim asked about his current situation. “... I... I used to have a team. It ended last year so now I’m currently going through my third year as a solo hunter. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, staff let me train with other teams and I get a bit of breathing room for projects and tests typically suited for teams.”

Rouge realized he wasn’t looking at Jim anymore, in fact was looking off past Jim and at some of the traveling students in groups. That’s also when he noticed that he was reminiscing of old times, well half a year ago. ”Apologies. I’ve been having... moments which is currently the best fitting word I have.”
-Rouge Ako

Theme
Jim Lavay

Laughing mostly at himself Jim would say. "Heh, be thankful for that. It uhh... it was a hell of an experience. There was this crazy lady that looked up at me after being carried by those cultists. She like said she was going to be one with it. Then this big ass..." Using his hands and body language to aid in the story telling. "...Geist that erupted from the ground. The damn thing basically punched me halfway across the school. Then I mean I came back and punched it harder, but still..." He's shiver and grab at his ribs. "...that hurt like hell." It would be obvious from his tone to the way he spoke that as hurt as he was, he truly did live for all that kind of stuff.

Though to be a little more respectful as Rouge spoke about his team and what had happened her lower the excitement down a notch. "Yeah man, don't feel bad though." He'd give him a little pat on the upper arm. "It happens to all sorts of people. My own little cousin was on a team that fell apart, and I mean don't get me wrong. I wouldn't trade that time for anything. I..." He'd sigh a bit "...I'd still just say keep your head up about it. I'm sure you'll find someone. Hey if you like neurotic speedy girls you can always hit up Ivory." A little laughter followed as he just couldn't help himself.

Of course, at the end of it all Jim would try his best to be a little more genuine. "Seriously though at the end of the day assuming you make the cut, and if you've been her this long you will. You're going to be a huntsman and then you'll be free to make your own path." Pointing back over his shoulder he'd continue. "...I know I may have said some negative shit back there, but I'm already looking for a new and hopefully permanent job. Plus, who knows I'm sure I'll run into my team again. Heck I already know how many friendly faces are here. Everything is gonna be good my dude!" Aside from killing Grimm being positive was probably Jim's second-best talent. Hopefully, some of that would rub off on the guy and he could tell that he wasn't just talking out his ass. That he really mean everything that he had said.
Talking | Thinking

• Information