I too enjoy a good fight (Private w/ Al)

This areas in between the various buildings of the Academy. Perfect for relaxing!
Jim Lavay
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Gold
Semblance Name: Redline - Hereditary
Weapon Name: Reclamation

"Hell, yea man, it was great to see you too!" The eager huntsmen would give one of his old buddies a nod as he left training facility. Given his lack of owning, well... anything. Jim had decided to not only head to Beacon to keep in touch with some old friends, but to also 'borrow' the training facilities during off hours. Worst case if anyone gave him a hard time, he could always say he was just doing to volunteer work helping out the students. Which in some weird backwards way wasn't entirely inaccurate? So naturally that would be his story and he'd stick to it. Even too himself.

This also meant that as he now marched through the gardens, he'd be decked out on in his full combat gear. Metal boots and gauntlets, his dust kit, and of course the colossal greatsword. All of which made him stick out just a bit even to those that may not have known him anymore.

Looking around it was nearing Dusk so that place wasn't terribly busy, and Jim had actually had quite the work out. So, he decided to take a little rest by the fountain. Leaning the blade against the side and putting his bag on the ground between his legs he'd grab a water. A couple would pass by him and there was a small recognition as he smiled. Giving them a nod. "Hey, hey... yeah goot to see yeah!"

After they left Jim would lean back a bit and sigh. "Damn..." He'd mumble to himself. "...I do miss this place." Shaking his head, he couldn't help but to think after seeing a few students running around. 'Maybe I should get one of those bad asses masks some people wear and just come back for a bit.' Plus he always thought they looked super bad ass.

He'd end up sitting that for another few minute's messing around with his scroll and if no one else came up to him he'd just start heading towards the docks.
Talking | Thinking

Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and damn, I've almost died a lot.
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

Al had just finished her daily training regiment, she ran the distance from beacon to the city border twice, kept up her top sprint speed, did some weight lifting and of course ran an obstacle course more times than she could count without failing once.
And she did all of tbat in her full gear.

Yeah it felt nice to get some good training done, if only her body felt better afterwards, she could really use a hot bath to just relax her muscles.
She could not wait to strip out of her bodysuit and plunge herself into a relaxing bath, that sounded heavenly~

Hmmm she'd have to get to her dorms first, Al had just left the training area and entered the gardens, just to get some fresh air and not walk trough the campus and bother other people with her workout stench.

As she was walking around the gardens she noticed someone else, sitting alone by the fountains.
Some guy that was also dressed in what Al assumed to be his full gear, including a giant sword.
He looked a bit older than most guys around here, must be a third year student.
Third years are fun to talk to, they usually know some pretty cool things or got some fun stories to tell.
Well, guess her Bath would have to wait a bit.

Al made her way over to the fountain, her boots bareley made a sound against the pavement as she closed the distance towards the guy.
Once she was just a few feet away, standing right next to him almost, Al spoke up.
"Hey, what are you doing around here ?"
Al asked, that sounded friendlier in her head, but oh well.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Jim Lavay

About ready to get up Jim would put his scroll away and roll his neck. There was an audible pop and another that followed as he rolled his shoulder. "Ugh, note to self-remember to stretch." He then chuckled to himself before grasping on this his weapon and slowly standing up.

During this time, he had been distracted enough to not notice the girl that had snuck up behind him. So he'd pivot around slightly surprised as he heard her speak. "Oh hey..." He'd say at first letting go of the weapon. A light thud could be heard as the massive blade landed back against the fountain. As for her question he'd look around a little confused and think. 'Damn, do I stick out that much already?'

Then with a light chuckle Jim would finally say. "I was just working out with a few friends. Are you campus security or something? Cause I sweat I didn’t do anything" Playfully holding his hands up in the air he'd make sure to grin at the end of the comment. Despite not being the brightly star in the sky. He wasn't the dullest either. Though he didn't recognize her so he would offer a more proper introduction. "I'm Jim Lavay. I just graduated a few months ago so I still bum the training room from time to time here to work out." There wasn't any sense with going with any story aside from the truth as most people right out of the academy couldn't afford themselves a private training area. He'd also add in a quick. "...and who do I have the pleasure of meeting?"
Talking | Thinking

Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and damn, I've almost died a lot.
Al Ciendra

Oh, a new graduate, so this guy was her senior, he did look a bit older than most other guys she had seen during the welcoming ceremony.
Him just graduating and walking around in his full gear now made a whole lot of sense, man she had just begun using these training facilities, but she already could not imagine life without them, they were just too good to pass up on.
"Ah yeah I see what you mean, the training facilities here are pretty dang good. And I'm Al, Al Ciendra, It's nice to meet you Jim."
Al said as she herself sat on the rim of the fountain, letting her legs dangle as she looked at Jim, cocking her head to the left while she was looking him up and down more thoroughly, he looked like a pretty damn strong guy, well most huntsmen did, but he really did look like he could swing around that giant sword like a light wooden staff.
She would like to see that some time.

"Sooo Jim, besides training what are ya doing around here ? Do you miss Beacon already after graduating so shortly ?"
Al asked with a slight chuckle to her speech, she was really quite curious how popular Jim might have been, maybe she and him had some friends in common ?
Al chatters in #FF5500
Jim Lavay

Laughing lightly at her comment he's say. "Hey Al, it's good to meet you too. Also, yes, it's considerably better than my sister's garage. Though I do suppose I could just lift her car." With a light chuckle following. There was without a doubt more context needed, but he couldn't help laughing a little more. "...Luckily, I managed to not upset all of the staff during my time here. So, they don't mind if I use the resources during the off hours. Plus..." He'd grin playfully and throw in a wink. "...if someone ever come down too harshly on me, I can always say I'm training a student or something."

With that he'd turn towards her and smile as he got the next questions. Nodding his head and sighing the junior hunter would say. "Yeah, yeah... definitely miss it here. Though that was more about my team than anything else. We got dispersed after graduation. Though luckily most of them are finding their way back to Vale. As for around here? I actually just finished up my first assignment and just got back into town the other day..." Laughing again now he'd finally get around to providing a little more context. "...so recently that I'm currently bunked up with my older sister and younger cousin. It's been uhhh... interesting. The latter actually attends Beacon." Of course, he should really be used to it after spending four years bunked up with three teammates.

Though with that Jim took the opportunity to turn and ask a question of his own. "If you don't mind. You don't look familiar. Are you in your first year here?" His tone carried a pleasantness to it as he always enjoyed talking with the new blood of Beacon. As a pretty profound extravert he'd enjoy either welcoming them in or helping them around. Plus, it was always fun hearing about the stories people had to get there. Especially given his own unconventional path.
Talking | Thinking

Al Ciendra

Yeah, that seemed reasonable, having a garage as the only alternative was a pretty big downgrade to the beacon facilities.
That made her realize, how was she gonna keep up her training once she left Beacon ?!
...maybe her dad and mom could craft her some training equipment, maybe she should make sure to lay some money to the side for this purpose.
Huh, so he had a team, well most people do, but living here with his older sister and younger cousin, that must be nice, but living in the big city, nah Al would never give up Azmarine, that town was just too darn peaceful.
"Yeah, I'm a first year, hasn't even been a month since I've been here...or has it, eh what ever. Either way, Beacon is pretty awesome, just wish there was less homework."
Al tilted her head to the side and exhaled, she was here to learn how to fight, not learn about how some long dead grandpa huntsmen did an apparently cool thing.
She yet quickly snapped her gaze back to Jim, staring at him through the black glass of her mask.
"Sooooooo, how awesome does it feel to be a fully fledged huntsman ? Did you flash that fancy card yet to shut someone up telling you your too young to do something ?"
Al asked, not hiding her curiosity in the slightest, sure she could ask her teachers these questions, but they were old and boring...well maybe not Miss Monarch, her gun loving teacher was pretty fun actually.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Jim Lavay

A rather large smile ran a cross Jim's face when he found out that this person was one of the newer members at Beacon. Though that would be interrupted by a chuckle at the latter part of that comment. "Heh, yuuup..." He interjected quickly. "...As much fun as it was here... Yeah, there are definitely some things I don't miss about this place!" A little more laughter slipped out before he relaxed again against the fountain.

Listening to the rest of what Al had to say Jim just continued to laugh. At least, it seemed as though humor had not died here without him. So, with that he would playfully reach for his pockets and go. "Ah... damn... I think I left it at home..." All right, that was kinda lame, but whatever he didn't mind taking advantage of the low hanging fruit for terrible humor. Though after that he would go into a bit more detail about what being a huntsman had meant, or well... At the very least what it had meant thus far for him. As he had already had quite the different experience from his sister. Just to name one example.

"...but nah. It's definitely been nice in the sense of the freedom. I mean don't get me wrong I get why Beacon limits us while we're here." He grumbled the next little bit under his breath. "...as annoying as that may be..." With a laugh and a shake of the head he would quickly continue. "So, without a doubt much to your point it's pretty chill just being a huntsman on your own!"

With that Jim would shift his tone a bit and say. "That said, most of my crazy stories happened here, and hell you can probably just look em up on your scroll if you're really that interested." It would be with that where Jim would turn the conversation. "What about you? What brought you here among the baddest bad asses around?" Allowing himself to sort of follow her lead in tone. Though that wasn't very hard as this was about his normal speed anyway.
Talking | Thinking

Al Ciendra

Listening to Jim certainly was fun, hearing about all the great liberties and the freedom he could enjoy as a huntsman sounded super exciting!
Too bad she had to complete 3 more years of school to actually enjoy the same benefits, at least they sounded worth it now that she heard a proper second hand experience, her mentor was rather...vague when it came to this stuff.
°That just sounds super fun, I know my dad never enjoyed this much freedom... I can't wait to flaunt this card in my brothers face!"
She thrust her fist downwards just thinking about the look on Inren's face, god it would be worth all the pain.
That's when Jim asked her what she was doing here, the way he worded this sounded a little condescending.
Al with a hop got up, balancing on the rim of the fountain she was previously sitting on and pushed out her breastplate clad chest, shoulders wide and her fists against her hips.
°What do you mean?! I'm plenty badass!"
She laid her right hand on her chest.
°i got a cool mask, the coolest cloak around, and I even wear armor! Some chicks here walk around in battle bras! (Not that I mind)"
She rubbed the back of her neck a little, as she whispered that last bit.
But she went back into a 'serious' pose quickly, her arms stretched out pointing down at him.
°And! I got the hottest semblance around!"
With that announcement the heat around Al spiked rapidly, the fountain hissed as steam came from it and suddenly with a deafening roar Al was clad in blue flames, even her cloak which was now swaying by the updraft Al was creating, due to the heat, was covered by these flames.
Two yellow cartoony eyes and a comically large yellow grin made up her face, as Al looked down to Jim, still standing in a confident pose both hands now held waist high holding two fireballs.
"So yeah, plenty of badasserie going around here!"
Al shouted over her flames, yet her show was over, so Al turned them off again a hiss could be heard from behind her as the fountain calmed down and Al now hopped of the rim to just stand next to it, looking to see if she had caused any damage, nope didn't seem so, pfew.
Al chatters in #FF5500
  • Information