Mavros Pendragon

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approval?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 5
Mavros Pendragon
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus
Aura Color: Deep Red
Semblance Name: Feint
Weapon Name: Birthright

1. Definitely older than 18!

2. I'm in a D&D/Pathfinder/etc. gaming group and have been for over a decade now, we have roleplay sessions almost twice every week. I don't have the most experience in play by post specifically, though.

3. How about a moment from his backstory?

There was not a boy in the city who looked more out of place than Mavros did right now.

Before stepping out of the back of the transport into Mantle's night air, he squints, uncertainly, at the dirty rain-drenched pavement beneath, and the brown color of the resulting liquid. Living in a manor and the streets around it, you get used to simple things like... clean streets. He considers the possibility of scuffing his shoes, but, the decision is made for him as a piece of trash blows by, leaving a thin little brown stain, like a slice across the neatness.

"...Well. Definitely not in Atlas anymore, I guess."

Mavros hops down. The shoes are dirty anyway, might as well keep getting em dirty, he thinks, as he paces around to the front of the transport.

"Uh. Thanks for the ride."

The woman in the seat simply shrugs and extends her hand towards him. Mavros reaches past the folded blade at his hip to retrieve his wallet, wallet chain still attached, and rummage through it.

Hm. He realizes all of a sudden that he doesn't know how much you're supposed to bribe a transport driver. Or... how much it would cost to get most things. He pauses, staring at the handful pocket money he'd managed to save up for this whole stupid plan.

"...Uh. Here." he kinda just... slaps a handful down. The look on her face instantly tells him he paid WAY too much! Obviously! Stupid! Maybe he can just quietly sneak a little- and as the thought occurs her shiny white vessel is already raising out of arms reach, which, admittedly, isn't very high for him... leaving him in the cold rain.

He stares for a moment, now, definitively, past the point of no return. After a moment's contemplation, of everything that brought him here, and how insane it is that he's here at all... he sighs in irritation at himself, pulling up his hood to protect his hair.

"Fine. It's fine. I'm fine."

First he needed to find his nerves, then... literally any kind of directions.

"Now to figure out how the heck the trains work down here..."
Mavros Pendragon

Knew I was forgetting something. Poll is up now, whoops.
SheidelII

“Birthright”. Quite the apt name to give the weapon in context. It’s an interesting dynamic where Mavros’ uncle wants to carry on his sister’s legacy, but fails to do that when he neglects Mavros. Big moment for the boy to take it into his own hands to set on his own path, just as his mother before him did. They both parallel leaving Albus behind, which must sting. Looking forward to the Pendragon family reunion.

Feint might need some detail added to it. It’s sparse as it is, but it’s simple, so that isn’t an issue. Some more information on how creating multiple duplicates at once is taxing for Mavros, such as how the duplicate follows his orders and having to dispense multiple orders can overwhelm him mentally. Something like that. I don’t think you’ll need to place an estimate on just how many duplicates he can produce at once. From an Aura perspective, it’s not a matter of quantity with how little it takes to produce a duplicate. As touch is the only way to distinguish, does that mean it is immune or vulnerable to damage? Or is it a consistent moving image unaffected by outside influences? Another thing to clarify would be if it can interact with anything. It’s might be enough to describe it as nonphysical.

You’ve copied his Strengths and placed them as Weaknesses.
Mavros Pendragon

Thank you for reading through! I have a lot of thoughts about Albus but I'm failing to compose any of them right now.

Whoops again on the weaknesses point, thanks for pointing it out, I copypasted elements of the profile to a document so I could write the bigger elements up over time and I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to what I copied. Feint's been clarified, too.
SheidelII

I think Mavros Pendragon is in a good position now with the edits. Have my vote.
Bartok Evergreen
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

Looks like another bat has entered the cave. This one has wings! I like Mavros, and him and Bartok's relationship could go several ways, though I think it'd turn into Bartok doting on Mavros as he's both taller, more charismatic, and probably better in a fight due to not having respitory problems and the like. Technically he has three Faunus traits, but Freelancers have much more room that we think they do, and he gets a yes in my book.
Myron Hyles
Race: Human
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

I have to say, Albus is a confusing (and confused ?) character overall, it's always unclear what his real motives are. Intentional or not, he's not Mavros, who has my Yes.

His Semblance seems pretty tame, but I can see some fun applications to it nonetheless (I've always been a fan of Blake's clones and the likes).
*Drawls in #82E6E6*

Theme song / Extended profile
Ax L Rose
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus - Major Mitchell's Cockatoo - Feathers
Aura Color: Electric Blue
Semblance Name: Harmonize
Weapon Name: Electra Heart + Rebel Yell

I agree with Myron's feedback, basically. I found myself scratching my head at Albus' motives and reasonings, but Mavros seems like he'll be a good fit here. You get my yes vote.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Hell is here, and it's here to stay.
Mavros Pendragon

I didn't really go into Albus's deal because, as you two put it, it's not Albus's profile. I can put more of Albus's perspective in the profile itself or just explain it here if anyone's really curious though.
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

Last vote coming in.

I like this grumpy lil bat.
It's gonna be fun to have another bat around.
So yeah you got a (late) yes from me.
Al chatters in #FF5500
  • Information