Jericho Galley

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approval?

Yes
50%
No
No votes
Silverhand
40%
Silverman
10%

Total votes: 10
Jericho Galley
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Sea Green
Semblance Name: Helping Hand
Weapon Name: Drunken Sailors

1: Yes, older than 18.
2: Lots of experience with roleplay and this site.

3: Roleplay Samble

"John! Johnny! Johnny Silverhand!" Jericho was late to responding to that name and he jerked awake in his seat. "Yes?" He asked, sitting up straight. He had fallen asleep in class and as he glanced around everyone else had their books out and open. Where was his again? And when did they even take them out? They were just watching a film and he had just rested his eyes for a moment...

"Please don't fall asleep while we're reading, Mr. Silverhand." The teacher shook his head and asked Jericho to read the next passage. Jericho frantically began looking through his bag that hung on the back of his seat but couldn't find it. A classmate of his pushed their book to him and with a grateful nod, he read the passage.

It was filled with some long words that he didn't quite understand, and his reading was slightly slower than the average student, but he got through it. The teacher raised their eyebrow. "I remember reading in your records, Mr. Silverhand, that your teachers in Mystral said you were a fantastic reader. And never fell asleep in class." He added.

Jericho swallowed. "Well, the weather is having an effect on me sleeping at night, cap- er, sir! And my head is a little foggy right after waking up." He scratched the back of his head, embarrassed and hoping his lies worked.

The teacher chewed on something for a moment. "Quite. Alright, Mrs. Rose, could you read the next pass-" The teacher continued on and Jericho fished in his bag until he found the book and opened up to the correct page, using only his right hand to so.

A whole year later and he still was having a tough time with all of this. The classroom, at least. Out there on the ground he was fine, but in here... He wasn't cut out for it. But he couldn't leave. Not if he didn't want to get caught and burned from the inside out. They would be looking for him, and here was the safest place for him.
Last edited by Jericho Galley on Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

Lots of freshmen sleeping in class this year...
I really like the concept as a whole, and I have to approve of the name "Drunken Sailors".

Just for clarification, his Semblance is similar to Vine's from the show, right ? (except it's longer and can phase through things)

However, you really should add a longer personality description. I realized after reading his profile that I just slapped Claude's (guy from the art) personality on Jericho without thinking, because I don't know anything about his behavior. I'm voting No for now because of this.
*Drawls in #82E6E6*

Theme song / Extended profile
Jericho Galley

Myron Hyles wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:37 pm
Lots of freshmen sleeping in class this year...
I really like the concept as a whole, and I have to approve of the name "Drunken Sailors".

Just for clarification, his Semblance is similar to Vine's from the show, right ? (except it's longer and can phase through things)

However, you really should add a longer personality description. I realized after reading his profile that I just slapped Claude's (guy from the art) personality on Jericho without thinking, because I don't know anything about his behavior. I'm voting No for now because of this.
Technically a third year, not a freshman. Maybe I can make that a bit more obvious.

I guess it is, though I didn't base it off of Vine. There is no visible connection between the Hand and Jericho, and couldn't lift boulders or anything like that.

I have no idea who Claude is, the picture just fit too dang well with how I pictured Jericho. I added more to the personality, I knew it was a bit lacking.
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

Alright, this looks better, and I'm changing my vote.

There's no visible connection, but there is some sort of link, right ? From what I understand, he can pull himself using this ethereal hand.

Claude is from Fire Emblem : Three Houses (from which Honeydew's art comes too)
*Drawls in #82E6E6*

Theme song / Extended profile
Jericho Galley

Yes there is a link and he can pull himself, but there is not stretchy aura arm or anything, just a flaoting hand. If sommeone had some sort of "Aura Vision" or something, then they could see a link, but normal eyes don't see anything.
Kailyn Keison
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotalinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Oh, I'm ALL OVER this. This is an interesting take on the "student with a serious personal problem" archetype.

Yes yes yes.
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Carmine Crest
Aura Color: Gray
Semblance Name: Crisis Control
Weapon Name: Cadel and Maria

Honestly love the idea of a pirate attending Beacon but the fact you turned it into a pirate hiding in Beacon by posing as Johnny Silverhand just make this idea that much better, I'll be voting yes.
Al Ciendra
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

All the yes, not just because of the accidental Cyberpunk reference but just because I think Jericho as a character is super interesting and there are so many ways he could be played.
Plus his semblance is also very interesting and seems 'handy' to have.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose
Race: Faunus - Major Mitchell's Cockatoo - Feathers
Aura Color: Electric Blue
Semblance Name: Harmonize
Weapon Name: Electra Heart + Rebel Yell

I particularly like this character's semblance. I kept imagining Johnny Silverman/hand as Keanu Reeves.

I was going to post more thorough feedback, but I got lazy. Hopefully a yes will prove satisfactory anyway.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Hell is here, and it's here to stay.
Maria Ravenheart
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Red Lightning
Weapon Name: Fatalis

I am going to vote a Yes, seeing that the character is very well developed.

With that said, I do want to address how easy it was for Jericho to assume Johnny, the huntsman in training's name and identity without being caught by Beacon's officials. If Silverman/hand is an established Huntsman in training, I would assume he have a profile and picture taken, and that staff would have been able to tell someone faking identity.

I'll abstain my Yes vote until the plot hole is ironed out.
Jericho Galley

Maria Ravenheart wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:31 pm
With that said, I do want to address how easy it was for Jericho to assume Johnny, the huntsman in training's name and identity without being caught by Beacon's officials. If Silverman/hand is an established Huntsman in training, I would assume he have a profile and picture taken, and that staff would have been able to tell someone faking identity.
Ah! I had forgotten to put that in! Expect that to be edited pronto. Like, right now. Should be fixed and hopefully to your liking.
Maria Ravenheart
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Red Lightning
Weapon Name: Fatalis

Jericho Galley wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:19 am
Maria Ravenheart wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:31 pm
Ah! I had forgotten to put that in! Expect that to be edited pronto. Like, right now. Should be fixed and hopefully to your liking.
Then it's a yes from me ^^
  • Information