Nym Magenta

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approved?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6
Nym Magenta
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Fox, Tail + Ears)
Aura Color: Magenta
Semblance Name: Foresight
Weapon Name: Whisper

1. Yes.

2. ~10 years of RPing via Tabletop and Internet.

3. As Follows:

The buzzing drone of Nym’s fan filled the air in her room with a gentle white noise as she laid in her messy bed and stared up at the ceiling. A single ray of sunshine fell through her curtains and stained her white tank top a bright, near-white yellow. Comfortable, skimpy shorts left most of her strong legs open to the artificial breeze. The weather was starting to cool off and she loved it. The heat of Mistral was not something she missed. Vale’s cold winters were supposedly mild compared to those of Atlas, but they were just right for her.

Atlas. The country her best friend had been spirited away to by a flight of fancy she hadn’t really explained to Nym. It had left her feeling adrift. Ax hadn’t ignored her texts, and Nym had never truly demanded an explanation, but she’d wondered what it was that had left her in the dark. She eyed the curtains to her room, pondering the parallels she could draw. Was Nym only as illuminated about Ax as the single ray across her chest? Were there still blinds to the heart that remained closed to her? Maybe. But being melodramatic and melancholic wouldn’t open them. Ax would open up in time. Nym could give her space. Demanding things of Ax wouldn’t get her anywhere anyways.
Knock Knock

Nym eyed her door and turned her head to the side, frowning. Who was bothering her now? She just wanted to chill. Classes were over and she’d already gone to the gym and showered and was cooling off. For a moment she thought about ignoring it, but...what if it was someone she actually wanted to see. Dramatically, she groaned. “Uuuuugggghhhhhh,” as she pushed herself to her feet. Her arms were tired, but she still worked. A few steps to the door and she opened it just enough to see Ax. Her expression brightened instantly, a smile sweeping up her face and her ears perking to attention. It was a surprise, but a welcome one. Her tail swished behind her excitedly.

“Oi.” A casual greeting she would extend with minimal care or thought to anyone else, but warm and full of affection for her friend. “What’s up, love?”
Ax L Rose
Race: Faunus - Major Mitchell's Cockatoo - Feathers
Aura Color: Electric Blue
Semblance Name: Harmonize
Weapon Name: Electra Heart + Rebel Yell

I love Nym and my bias is probably super obvious. Here is some random feedback.

-I like that you detail Nym's beach outfit in her profile. Maybe we should all be doing that.

-I'm not sure how 'backwater' Wind Path actually is. It's a canonical city in RWBY and it's referenced in the board game, so I'd be careful making too many declarations about it if you want everyone to be able to easily say 'yes' to your work.

-It seems strange to me that 'normal' faunus would discriminate against dual-trait faunus. I'm not sure I'd buy this declaration and incorporate it into my own canon, personally.

-The link for your weapon image is, as of this post, broken. :(

-I think it'd be really cool if Nym's eye color change when using her semblance matched her aura color. I think you should either turn her aura blue to match her eyes, or turn her eyes magenta when she uses her semblance.

All that said, my vote is a yes.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Hell is here, and it's here to stay.
Carmine Crest
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Gray
Semblance Name: Crisis Control
Weapon Name: Cadel and Maria

Before anything, I noticed the reason you gave for Nym having two traits had broken a general rule in the character creation guide, the rule in question being to not include details that will affect a lot of the writers in the community and I believe declaring that two traits are uncommon and that they come from a genetic mutation caused only by two faunus of the same trait having an offspring would affect a lot of our writers, including Bartok Evergreen who already has two traits.

I wouldn't know if the same rule would apply to faunus looking down on those with two traits since I believe it's only mentioned once in Wind Path so you could technically get by with saying that was the case for faunus in Wind Path but it's something to keep in mind there as well.

Beyond that, I do like Nym overall, her weapon being both a chainsaw and machine gun is both unique and undeniably badass even if it loses that extra cool factor due to Nym being 5'2" and all. Her semblance on the other hand is quite interesting and a clever way to use foresight without godmodding other characters or using it as a free excuse to metagame.

Due to the changes needed likely not affecting Nym's overall character I think I can safely give this a yes vote.
Bartok Evergreen
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

I love all of the images that you give for her. Also, a scarf while wearing short shorts. Because appeal must always come first. We were all that age once.

I agree with the others about the dual trait Faunus thing being uncommon. Because of the fact that it's hard to find reference images of the people we want to play that doesn't have two traits and that most people want two in the first place, two is allowed and accepted. Also, from what we see in the show it seems like Faunus really stick together, not split up or hurt each other(that is when personal loyalties/ambitions aren't a driving force).

I love how this big chainsaw weapon that goes BRRRR is called 'Whisper'. And that Huntsman may be coming back for that weapon someday. Be interesting if he showed up.

I will vote yes, but only when the dual trait about Faunus thing is fixed. I like Nym, but if me and these other two have a problem with it, it should be addressed.
Nym Magenta
Race: Faunus (Fox, Tail + Ears)
Aura Color: Magenta
Semblance Name: Foresight
Weapon Name: Whisper

Bartok Evergreen wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 am
I will vote yes, but only when the dual trait about Faunus thing is fixed. I like Nym, but if me and these other two have a problem with it, it should be addressed.
Done and dusted. They were leftover parts of her backstory from a different site that demanded some amount of justification for exceptions to canon like dual-traited faunus.
Maria Ravenheart
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Red Lightning
Weapon Name: Fatalis

My vote is a resounding "Yes" for these particular reasons.

I had a blast reading Nym's backstory. Her time living with her parents paint an eerily realistic picture of how parents can turn out in hard times and amounting stress. All around it's a rather tragic backstory, and I'm a sucker for those since it's tragedy and adversity that build personality the most.

I love her semblance Foresight. It's an extremely useful semblance that can be applied in many many situations. I can imagine some situations where the possible outcome are too varied that it can actually backfire and confused the user for moments, leaving opportunity to attack. Otherwise, a very strong and versatile power.

I also enjoy Nym's unique dialect and speaking pattern. Nym herself is a very good looking character as well.

Beside the only criticism being that a child at the age of ten living in back alleys and picking fights is rather outlandish, even for RWBY standard (I could see the argument that same thing could happen in real life), I don't have much else to say.
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

There we have a character who's going to throw dark jokes around, I was waiting for that. Nym is (obviously) a well-built character with extensive descriptions for all aspects. That profile paints a clear picture of her.

Enthusiastic Yes.

Her Semblance that involves guessing is intriguing, I wonder if she'll be able to narrow the number of "possibilities" down if she trains it.
*Drawls in #82E6E6*

Theme song / Extended profile
Kailyn Keison
Race: Faunus (Crotalinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Backstory with weight? Yes.
A character with actual insecurities, like a real person. Yes.
Dark humor? HELL yes.

Take my yes.
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
  • Information