Kailyn Keison

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Do you approve?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
Kailyn Keison
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotalinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Both myself and Kailyn have achieved the age of majority (we are both 18+).

I ran what was at the time the most successful thread on the Warframe roleplaying forums for a little over two years, but that was in a DM capacity and the posts were typically quite short (~15-30 words apiece) and rapid-fire, as opposed to the idea of longer, less quick-reply than this site, so I'm looking forward to the new style!
Bastion Sandstone
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Sandy-tan
Semblance Name: True Grit
Weapon Name: Diplomacy

You have my vote! And I like the infared vision. Although it is not a rule, I would encourage a name that envokes a color of some kind.
SheidelII

A few things before I give my vote of approval:

"She reacts a great deal more negatively to derogatory comments about Faunus than one might expect, given that it is rare for humans to have experienced the bad side of racial prejudice."
This line seems to imply that Kailyn is a human reacting to derogatory comments targetted at Faunus when she herself is a Faunus. This is probably just a slip since I know you mentioned that you wanted her Faunus trait to not be obvious so as to be mistaken for a human, but it still needs to be plainly stated for the record. You can say that since her trait isn't external and visible that people often mistake her for being human to get that same effect. The profile contains information about your character, so what's on there needs to be clear.

Another thing about her Faunus trait. The pit organs should probably be expanded on in her Physical Description. Even though they are not visible, they do have an effect on her anatomy what with their ability to detect infrared radiation. It is at least worth going into a bit more detail on if they are functional and what they allow Kailyn to do.

About Kailyn Keison's Current Exploits. I'd ask you to remove those. They reference the old site while Colors is a completely different setting removed from that, so it shouldn't be brought over. Especially when a canon character (Neo) is involved. This is a new start for characters, so everyone should begin fresh for now until they participate in stuff here. Exploits like "jumping out of a window" that don't reference the old site specifically and can be taken without context should be fine to leave in.
Kailyn Keison

I can certainly make a larger point of her ability to pass as human and elaborate on the functionality of her pit organs.

As to current exploits, I left the trick-or-treating in as a bit of a joke, so I've no issues with hitting 'DELET' on one of those. XD
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

Yes from me.
I'd have specified if she prefers to pass as human or introduces herself as a faunus, but you said you'd rather flesh her out by rp-ing, so I guess we'll see.

Also, I'm not sure I completely understood Her Semblance : as I understand it, Gravitas can change the direction and power of local gravity, so it can roughly do the same things as telekinesis. Did I get it right ?
Kailyn Keison

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people don't usually include their race when they introduce themselves, do they? Kailyn prefers to just let people assume what they will, and will only say something if someone's being a jerk.

As to her Semblance, I hadn't thought of it that way before, but I suppose the effects it causes would be mostly indistinguishable from telekinesis, yes. That would likely work in her favor in combat scenarios (much like Pyrrha's Semblance giving her the 'untouchable' reputation), wouldn't it?
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

Alright, so maybe specify that she can change gravity's direction ? (It might just be me, but subtext in Semblances is dangerous)

And I didn't mean "introduce" in that way, sorry. I was wondering if she would tell her friends, or state it when she gets in a fight because of racist remarks... Since she could probably pass as human for all her life.

But if you'd rather let people discover that in RP, that's fine too.
Kailyn Keison

Ah, yeah, that's fair.

I'd expect her excuse would be something along the lines of "you don't need to be a Faunus to tell a racist that they're full of shit", though that depends on her mood I guess. I try not to think about those sort of things, because then the interaction happens organically - more specifically, I don't plan things, because Kailyn is so fully-realized in my mind that she almost writes herself without my needing to plan anything. That said, most of her friends have met her brother (who has antlers).
Bastion Sandstone
Aura Color: Sandy-tan
Semblance Name: True Grit
Weapon Name: Diplomacy

I already voted Yes, but one thing I would like to see on her Semblance is this: Does she control an objects gravity, or an area's gravity? Because that nuance can change some things, such as if you can control an area's gravity, that is, a cylinder of gravity stretching from the ground to the sky, then she couldn't fly through the city because she would temporarily throw people and cars and cats and everything up into the air for a brief moment as she flew overhead. If she controlled localized spheres, then that sort of messes with how the planet's gravity is working on you and what's around you and someone more knowledgable than me could think of something that would be bad. Controll an object's gravity is fine, but know that it wouldn't be like slamming people with walls of force. Strong people holding onto something could counteract the forces.
Last edited by Bastion Sandstone on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kailyn Keison

She controls gravity for an object or entity, which is what I am using the term 'localized' to mean - specific to a particular thing or part of a whole. Strong people holding onto something wouldn't counteract the force per se, but they would have the same resistance to 'falling' as they would if gravity were normal - though if G were to be increased beyond its default value (6.674E-11 m^3/(kg*s) ) they would have a proportionally more difficult time remaining stationary.

Spheres of non-uniform gravity wouldn't actually affect much outside the sphere (though the edges of the sphere would get wonky, causing the transition into/out of the sphere to be potentially EXTREMELY hazardous), but that's currently beyond the scope of her power.
Carmine Crest
Aura Color: Gray
Semblance Name: Crisis Control
Weapon Name: Cadel and Maria

Reading over the profile, I can't really find anything that would stop me from giving a no and I must say, I do look forward to what will become of Ander since it's implied his role on Kailyn's life isn't over yet. I also look forward to seeing the type of uses you'll find for something like gravity manipulation because that can be rather powerful in this right hands.
  • Information