Bastion Sandstone

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approval?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
Bastion Sandstone
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Sandy-tan
Semblance Name: True Grit
Weapon Name: Diplomacy

I am indeed over 18 years old, and I have been role-playing since middle school. Been working on learning how to write and reading books all my life. I don't have a short roleplay sample at the moment purely because I have an essay for college due in, well.... 40 minutes? Yeah, but I wanted to get this ball rolling!
SheidelII

I think most of what you have is good to go, but Bastion Sandstone's Semblance is something I think needs work.

"His Semblance is True Grit, activating only when his Aura Shield is broken. When True Grit is activated, Bastion is momentarily(exact length TBD) invulnerable, with his eyes glowing that sandy-yellow. (More to be thought of later, like projecting shields and walls."

This part of his Semblance where it activates when his Aura is broken is what I mean. Usually what happens when someone's Aura is broken is that it has depleted, and since Semblances need Aura to work, this Semblance seems contradictory in its mechanics. You could reword it to be that it activates when his Aura is low, but even then I feel that it's quite limited.

An indeterminate time being invulnerable is also something I can't really approve of. You'll need to flesh out his Semblance some more before I think it can be approved for roleplay. Having more solid parameters would go a long way, but it doesn't need to be overly specific, just something less vague than "exact length TBD". Leaving these really critical elements unfinished isn't a good idea.
Bastion Sandstone

I honestly am ashamed that I neglected to fix that. Put a definent time and possible future advances with his Semblance. How about now SheidelII?
SheidelII

I think that should be fine, yeah. In terms of functionality, I can't really find fault with it. I'm a little iffy on a Semblance granting straight up invincibility, even if it's limited, but that's a personal concern you don't have to worry about.
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Black Cat, ears and tail)
Aura Color: Purple and pink
Semblance Name: Witch Way
Weapon Name: Orchid

Well I mean, in the show, Tock had a Semblance that made her become completely invulnerable for a solid minute. So I mean it's not outside of the scope of Semblances. Since it's such a limited time thing, I wouldn't consider it super OP or anything, especially if you consider that a savvy fighter will just back off until the time limit is up.
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

I like all of this, especially the fact that he fires .65 bullets of Diplomacy.

Reading his background, I was a bit curious to know why Bastion's parents told him not to go to Atlas or Mistral, but they could have told him "because reasons", so it's just a minor thing.

About True Grit, I'm not sure what "invulnerable" means. Is it like he has infinite Aura for a moment, or is he also immune to recoil like Tock ? The former wouldn't bother me, I think his Semblance could very feasibly store Aura for emergency situations. We've seen Adam do it.
Bastion Sandstone

I.. honestly forgot about Tock and her semblance. Wow. And the idea of storing energy given to make a shield is actually so great, I'm stealing it.

The .65 caliber bullets could be reduced to .50 cal, but I wanted Diplomacy to be a true cannon in the hand. I'd be fine with moving it down if need be, tho. Bastion is stronk and can take the recoil. The recoil from his gun could feed into his semblance too.
Kailyn Keison
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotalinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

You've got my 'yes' - though you could benefit from adding his rapier to his 'Weapon' field to make it more obvious at a glance that he does, in fact, have a way to deal with melee combat beyond "GUN", especially when people are as adept at dodging telegraphed projectile attacks as they are in Remnant.
  • Information