August Valerian - Minor Antagonist - Approval

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approval

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
August Valerian
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus. Fox Ears.
Aura Color: Pale yellow
Semblance Name: Covert Strongbox
Weapon Name: Perfectly Imperfect

1. Are you 18 or older? We want to know if anyone is under 18 years of age. Being under 18 will not bar you from participating in our community. Rather, this will allow us to gauge who is acting inappropriately toward minors.

I am older than 18.

2. Do you have past experience with collaborative writing or roleplay, and if so, roughly how much? You can be brief. This is intended to help us provide useful feedback in your approval.

I haven't posted on forums before, though I have some experience in text based roleplay. I have about a year of experience.

3. You may include an optional (SHORT!) Roleplay sample for people to read that gives a feel for your character in writing.

August peered through the window of the store front. His eyes flicked from one item to the next, necklace, ring, a bracelet with a large gem set into it surface. It's shine like a siren's call drew his attention. He gave a quick glance around to check for any spectators and then, with a little bit of focus, the bracelet vanishes without a trace.

August stepped away, making his way down the street, a growing smirk across his face. Too easy! Another moment of focus and there it is, the bracelet sitting pretty in his hand. August lets out a low chuckle as he pockets his loot, turning down a quiet road, disappearing into the streets of Vale. It would be sometime before the missing item would be noticed and August would be long gone by then.

August was created as a minor conflict-creator antagonist.

Suggestions by Kinto Boreas added.
Last edited by August Valerian on Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinto Boreas
Race: Human
Aura Color: Dark Grey
Semblance Name: None
Weapon Name: Annihilation Atelier and Gadget Gallery

Kinto is seen standing in his home base, eyes fixed on the holographic projector, showing footage of a few of the security cameras he had hacked, the footage always focused on one certain individual .
"Hm, Mister Valerian, an interesting case for sure, his semblance is useful to say the least and his relationship with the residents of Beacon is complicated, most excellent. I'm sure the two of us can come to an agreement over a good cup of coffee."
Kinto said as he closed the footage, letting it linger for a few seconds, before with a swipe of his finger it was promptly deleted from the servers he had stolen it from, a welcoming gift.

Chaos and general mischief, non-lethal confrontations with an antagonist all combined into one rugged, yet handsome fox?
Sounds great!

Just ONE nitpick, before I give you my vote.

Could you add how long it takes him to pocket an item and what happens to stored items if he runs out of aura? Which would render his semblance inactive, regardless of the fact that keeping items stored cost no aura, the pocket shouldn't work anymore.
Kinto schemes in #E5E4E2
August Valerian
Race: Faunus. Fox Ears.
Aura Color: Pale yellow
Semblance Name: Covert Strongbox
Weapon Name: Perfectly Imperfect

Here are some additions to August's semblance.

Storing items takes slightly longer than retrieving an item, there is about a half second to store an item, whereas retrieving an item can take a fraction of a second (we're talking about 1/10th of a second here.).

Should August completely drain his Aura, he can no longer store or retrieve items from his 'pocket' and all currently contained items will drop, as close as possible, near August's right hand.
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

Perfect, with these changes, August got his first yes vote.

Meant to reply as Kinto, but woops.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Jack Olen
Aura Color: Red-orange
Semblance Name: Fire absorption
Weapon Name: Those Hands

I like his semblance and it's nice to have smaller villains
Castor Achromos
Race: Fanus (snakes eyes)
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Chaotic Psyche
Weapon Name: Molon labe

Easily going for a yes on this one, i think having a minor villain is great and everything about him looks good and can easily be expanded upon later.
Professor Wednesday Haptasnytrir
Gender Identity: Female*
Aura Color: Grey
Semblance Name: Hliðskjálf
Weapon Name: Gungnir and Valföðr

August Valerian approved! Please claim the character in the #Who is Who? chat of the Discord to receive the perms for posting and you may begin roleplaying. In the meantime, this thread will be moved to Approval Archives.
Mindful and talkative, wouldst thou gain wisdom
Silent and thoughtful and bold in strife
#AEAEAE
Extended Profile
  • Information