Brigid Laghairt

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approved?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
Brigid Laghairt
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus - Phrynosoma cornutum (Bony horns & tail)
Aura Color: Crimson
Semblance Name: Gluttony
Weapon Name: Duban

1. Are you 18 or older? Yes, I am 26 going on 27

2. Do you have past experience with collaborative writing or roleplay, and if so, roughly how much? I've been doing forum roleplays like this for over a decade.

3. I will elect to skip the optional roleplay sample this time. Too tired at the moment to come up with a dialogue of Brigid being a glutton, even though that would be pretty funny.
Professor W B Copperfield
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Transparent light blue
Semblance Name: Forzare
Weapon Name: Foci and Rod

A little sparse, but that's no problem. Finding some art(although it may be hard) would be nice to help visualize her. More descriptions of her scales and her skin, like where the scales might be found(sides of the waist, forearms, shins, shoulders, neck, any on her face?), and what shape the horns might be in(bull horns? Curling like a ram's? Poited upward? Outfront?) would be helpful.

Three Faunus traits, scales, tail and horns, is above the community accepted number. Although, the number of Faunus traits raised to two instead of the canon one trait was for Face Claim reasons, meaning hard to find art online of an animal person with only one trait, like only cat ears and not a cat tail. A dragon girl would be extremely hard to find without scales, tail, and horns. And, as the number of Faunus traits is not a rule on the board, I am happy to let this one go.

Her Semblance of eating Dust is quite similar to two other characters we have on the site, so it's not unheard of or unseen. Also plays into her Dragon myth side of breath attacks. I like.

Copperfield is excited to see her in class! Gonna be a yes, though more descrription would be appreciated.
Vera Noire
Race: Faunus: Cat (ears and tail)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Heure De Noire
Weapon Name: Canne de Carabasa and Eclair Noire

Thank you for pointing out about the scale thing, I guess I forgot to take that out when I copypasted from my notepad. I'll work on editing that later. The only scales she should have other than her tail is on her face as part of her horn trait since horned lizards have spiny ridges above their eyes (hence why she is often called Lizardface as an insult).
Al Ciendra
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

Reading 3 whole section in key points was painful, but it's still just a matter of preference in writing style, regardless the appearance, personality and physical description section could be expanded upon, still nothing that would really justify a no vote.

Brigid sounds like a lovely and really fun person to be around, and her being a bit silly just makes her even more endearing.
Finally, having a reptilian faunus join our ranks is also really cool, and I think you executed the design quite well, horned Lizards do look pretty cool!

Other than that, her semblance and weapon are also very interesting and will be fun to figure out some synergies with during combat.

So all in all, Brigid gets a yes from me.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Ax L Rose
Race: Faunus - Major Mitchell's Cockatoo - Feathers
Aura Color: Electric Blue
Semblance Name: Harmonize
Weapon Name: Electra Heart + Rebel Yell

Brigid seems to be a relatively safe, inoffensive concept. I think I can give her a yes. Should be interesting to see how she develops.
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Hell is here, and it's here to stay.
Professor Wednesday Haptasnytrir
Gender Identity: Female*
Race: Human
Aura Color: Grey
Semblance Name: Hliðskjálf
Weapon Name: Gungnir and Valföðr

Approval achieved! This thread will now be archived to Approval Archives.
Mindful and talkative, wouldst thou gain wisdom
Silent and thoughtful and bold in strife
#AEAEAE
Extended Profile
  • Information