Roisin Treacy

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Yay or nay?

Yay
100%
Nay
No votes

Total votes: 3
Roisin Treacy
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Dog tail)
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Fetch
Weapon Name: Fang and Claw

1. Are you 18 or older?
I am indeed older than 18. How much older? Too much older.

2. Do you have past experience with collaborative writing or roleplay, and if so, roughly how much?
10+ years experience of forum roleplay, including previous RWBY sites. Also 5+ years experience of D&D and other TTRPGs.

3. Roleplay sample:

Rose took a deep breath as she once again tried to channel her inner...something. Okay, she wasn't sure exactly what she should be channeling but there had to be something to get her semblance to work. It was a miracle she had time to work on this. Between lectures, homework and her extra remedial classes, Rose felt like she barely had time to sleep, let alone train. Luckily she'd found ten minutes to herself and an empty classroom that was perfectly fine to practice in so long as no one knew or ever found out.

With her twin daggers Fang and Claw clutched tightly in her grip, she counted to three before swinging through the motions of combat. Strike left, and right. Roll! Thrust, then leap. Slash! All the while Rose implored her semblance to do something. Anything! As she landed in a flourish, an awkward silence reigned as the Faunus waited expectantly for her inner power to reveal itself. Yet disappointment remained.

"Son of a bitch!" she cried in exasperation, hurtling Claw at the nearest wall.

The blade embedded deeply into the plaster with a sold thunk. The only sound was the reverberation of the dagger as it vibrated for a moment. Rose let out a deep sigh before stepping over to dislodge her weapon. A large chunk of rubble fell away to leave a fist sized hole in the wall.

Rose tipped her head to one side before whistling to herself nonchalantly and sheathing her blades to head for the exit. Maybe no one would notice...
Last edited by Roisin Treacy on Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard Uaine
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Snapping Turtle mouth)
Aura Color: Viridian
Semblance Name: Intransient Steps
Weapon Name: Fisticufflets

Ooh, a highly-mobile ginger Faunus prankster girl with throwing knives? Sounds just like Kailyn, they should get along great!

Repost as a poll and I’ll gladly vote Yes.
Lenny’s dialogue is in #339966.

You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Bartok Evergreen
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

I like Rose! Someone who can be a little more rough around the edges is good, we got too many super friendly types who are cool with anybody on the site. I'm gonna vote yes on her.

I also like her Semblance, she can zip around and do a lot of cool stuff if she has the mind for it.
Vlithra Qing Long
Race: Faunus (White Tiger, stripes and pale skin)
Aura Color: Viridian-Green
Semblance Name: Kinetic Discharge
Weapon Name: Viridian Naraka and Carnassial Talon

I can only second Bartok's response. It is also refreshing to see a character that struggles a bit with the challenges of being a huntsman in training. Having a disadvantage like this, gives her way more room to grow and develop than other characters.

So yeah, this is a yes from me. Can't wait to see what she'll get up to once approved.
"Nobody preaching about justice is ever a good guy."
color Code:#008000

Main Theme
Battle Theme
Al Ciendra
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

Love the way your profile is written, really nice and to the point, much like Rose.

Despite, Rose already having the required amount of votes, imma throw in my non-existent hat anyway.
Mirroring what the others already mentioned, I think Rose is an excellent breath of personality diversity.

While she did not unlock her semblance yet, I just love teleporting powers like that, so that's an extra plus.

And look at that, another entry to short canine gals club, her and Al are gonna get on like a house on fire, oooooor some potential for a good rivalry here.

I feel like that her merchant and caravan background not being addressed in any other parts than her backstory, is a bit of a shame, it makes sense considering her goals, yet having something like a favorite trinket or just earning a bit of extra cash by running a small shop outside of classes would be a fun nod to that.

Either way, a small nitpick like that won't change my vote, I can't wait to see what she gets up to.
aka: yes.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Roisin Treacy
Race: Faunus (Dog tail)
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Fetch
Weapon Name: Fang and Claw

Al Ciendra wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:24 pm
Love the way your profile is written, really nice and to the point, much like Rose.

Despite, Rose already having the required amount of votes, imma throw in my non-existent hat anyway.
Mirroring what the others already mentioned, I think Rose is an excellent breath of personality diversity.

While she did not unlock her semblance yet, I just love teleporting powers like that, so that's an extra plus.

And look at that, another entry to short canine gals club, her and Al are gonna get on like a house on fire, oooooor some potential for a good rivalry here.

I feel like that her merchant and caravan background not being addressed in any other parts than her backstory, is a bit of a shame, it makes sense considering her goals, yet having something like a favorite trinket or just earning a bit of extra cash by running a small shop outside of classes would be a fun nod to that.

Either way, a small nitpick like that won't change my vote, I can't wait to see what she gets up to.
aka: yes.
Short canine friends! Or rivals! Sounds good to me either way.
That's a good point about her family/caravan though. I'll have a think about that. At the very least, they would visit Rose in Vale every now and then on their travels
Professor Honeydew Monarch
Race: Human
Aura Color: Seafoam Green
Semblance Name: Omnipresence
Weapon Name: The Kingkiller

Ya'll have been approved, welcome to the party. Colon dee :D
Main themesong:

And this is how it moves / Faster and faster now it goes
It might stop when we're finally dead

Extended Profile Link: Boop
  • Information