Véra Noire

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approval

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
Vera Noire
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus: Cat (ears and tail)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Heure De Noire
Weapon Name: Canne de Carabasa and Eclair Noire

1. Are you 18 or older? Yes I was born April 2, 1996.

2. Do you have roleplay experience? Yes. I've quite literally been doing this for half my life at this point. Tabletop rpgs as well.

3. Roleplay sample (Black Cat Report #2)

It was hard to believe it had already been thirteen years since she found him. Flames, death, loss, pain, and yet she had found something wonderful. A reason to keep fighting. A reason to go on living. A son to whom she could entrust the future of Remnant. She caught herself smiling as she walked through the vaunted hallways of Beacon Academy, wandering about between classes. Her ear twitched, detecting the sound of footsteps approaching from behind. A pair of students walked past her, one greeting her politely to which she returned the greeting with a curt nod. She had already been here three months and it still felt so new, so unreal. Here she was, a respected professor of Beacon Academy! The black-haired Faunus could feel her smile growing once more. She'd come so far since her retirement from being a Huntress. She was sure her parents would be proud of her. She checked her scroll to see the time and her smile dropped to a worried scowl. "Crap I need to hurry or I'll be late." "Mom!" a familiar voice called from behind. She turned to see the devilishly handsome face of her beloved son grinning at her. "Class starts soon, let's walk together," Vee said to her. "I'd be happy to," Vera replied as she began walking next to her son on the way to combat class.
Last edited by Vera Noire on Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor W B Copperfield
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Transparent light blue
Semblance Name: Forzare
Weapon Name: Foci and Rod

Like I did with Wednesday and was used on myself, I will be looking at the following criteria for a Professor character, along with the standard character rules.

-A fully fleshed-out Semblance, no more evolving or new stuff to come upon later on.
Check. Although not very expanded upon, it's pretty concise and doesn't need any more explanaition, other than possibly a rough Aura usage.
-A backstory that incorporates at least what academy they went to and their life as a Huntsman before becoming a teacher.
Check. Short and sweet, has her team and how Vee came into her life and why she retired. I like it.
-An area of expertise in battle
Check. A Duelist, and with her reflexes a very agile one.
-Specific classes that they teach
Sorta-check. Recent Events is usually meant for threads that you've done(?), and you list in this area classes that she's helped out with. Substituting here and there and doing combat classes. Check-enough in my book.
-How they view/teach/treat students
X. No mention of students or when they like to teach or treat students.
-Why they are teaching instead of anything else
Check. Leg injury, say no more.
-At least 30 years old
36, yup.

The only splotch here is not mentioning how she view students, which as much as I encourage that to be edited in, don't think is worthy of a 'no', though I think I will be abstaining until this is clarified, as well as abstaining until voting is actually possible... She seems pretty in-line with other standards as well for characters on the site otherwise.

Edit: Nice changes. All looks good now. Yes from me!

Copperfield: Looking over the profile for the new teacher coming in from Signal "...Oh come on, a pretty new teacher not too much younger than I, fit, and she's a lesbian? For crying out loud... Don't even get fun flirting in the hallways, let alone the chance. Just crush that hope." Sighs "I need to get out more often..."
Azoireda Ikteris
Race: Human
Aura Color: Bright Yellow
Semblance Name: Dilatorius
Weapon Name: Aspiration and Judgment

I'll also use the same criteria I used for Wednesday (which happens to be the same as Tabby's):

- fully fleshed-out Semblance? While it could stand to be expanded upon a little more, its scope is defined.
- backstory incorporating which academy she attended and her life as a Huntsman before becoming a teacher? check
- an area of expertise in battle? Indeed.
- specific classes that she teaches? Assisting another professor with lessons still counts as teaching a subject. Check.
- why she's teaching instead of anything else? That's covered.
- at least 30? She is indeed.
- Roleplay ready? Those criteria are:

- Paint Within Remnant? Ee-yup.
- Semblance within guidelines? It is indeed.
- appropriate gear? She's got it.
- profile free of syntactical, grammatical, mechanical, or semantic errors? Within variation for difference in dialect.

All's good here! Now then...

Do I like her?

Sure I do! Looking forward to seeing her in class!
Az talks in "ffcc00".
Her theme song is poignant.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Castor Achromos
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Fanus (snakes eyes)
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Chaotic Psyche
Weapon Name: Molon labe

I am curious aside about the semblance aside from potential aura usage cost would the boosted senses become sensitive to outside stimuli ? such as a flashbang of foul smell ? Other than that a bigger reason as to why she wants to be a student, or potential relations she has with the rest of the Beacon staff would be nice. Other than that I think its pretty good, so gonna go for a yes.
Vera Noire
Race: Faunus: Cat (ears and tail)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Heure De Noire
Weapon Name: Canne de Carabasa and Eclair Noire

The sensory boost is a side effect of her semblance which is an active boost to her brain functions fueled by Aura. Thus the boost only applies while using her semblance rather than passively, but yes that would actually be a negative consequence of using it. Heightened senses come with the drawbacks of sensory overload such as being blinded by a flashbang for longer than normal and causing more damage, smelling foul odors way too strongly, or [*bonk* REDACTED].
  • Information