Lin Motley Character Approvals

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Do you approve of this character ?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:05 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
Lin Motley
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Light Blue
Semblance Name: Dust Eater Weightless Wind
Weapon Name: Brisk and Brawn

Yes, I am an adult.

I have an approved character on this called Al Ciendra.

If you want to have an RP example, please check out the various threads I have been a part of writing as Al, my writing style will not differ much from account to account.
Bartok Evergreen
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

I know you're having some problem with Ela's character profile, but I read through Lin's and think it's great and can't wait to reread through Ela's once that is fixed. I like the addition of this Dust Eater clan in the world, think it's cool. And a mute with guns? and using revolver magazines? That's sick.

I vote yes!
Chain Dupp
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Edge of Tomorrow
Weapon Name: Blade of Today

Brisk is aptly named for a sniper rifle that can fire so quickly.

As I said for Ela, I'm looking forward to seeing the sisters around Beacon.

'Yes.'
Chain doesn't brood in 8d918d.

You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Roseman Winchester
Race: Faunas Beetle Carapace
Aura Color: Firey red
Semblance Name: Devolution
Weapon Name: Humanity

Again really well written and really well done, can't wait to see her around beacon
Professor Wednesday Haptasnytrir
Gender Identity: Female*
Aura Color: Grey
Semblance Name: Hliðskjálf
Weapon Name: Gungnir and Valföðr

A quick word that will not impact the approval status of this character. I noticed a few unfinished bits when I was skimming through.

"Ela showed Lin many things, how to do her hair, the nicest spots to rest away from the sun and" in the Backstory Highlights, as an example.

The bit about her father being the Dust Eater's greatest warrior sticks out to me as later on you mention how he was unable to continue Lin's training beyond the basics which was an added reason for her enrollment into Signal and Beacon later on. I find this a little odd unless her father wasn't as good a teacher as he was a fighter. It's a little thing, but I think it could be worked on to give her reasoning for wanting to improve herself by enrolling into the Huntsmen academies and schools a stronger base. Perhaps her father respected Huntsmen and thought it best she learn from them more than him since this was Vale and not Vacuo or the Dust Eaters. Moving on from their old community coupled with learning the culture of their new one? Just an idea.

Her more complex choice of weapon and style of combat may prove incompatible with her father's approach to fighting and familiarity, so putting her in an environment where she could best grow could contribute to it.

Those are my two cents. From here on though, Lin Motley is approved for roleplay!
Mindful and talkative, wouldst thou gain wisdom
Silent and thoughtful and bold in strife
#AEAEAE
Extended Profile
  • Information