Professor W. B. Copperfield

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Would you take his classes?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
Professor W B Copperfield
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Transparent light blue
Semblance Name: Forzare
Weapon Name: Foci and Rod

1. Are you 18 or older?
Yes.

2. Do you have past experience with collaborative writing or roleplay, and if so, roughly how much? You can be brief. This is intended to help us provide useful feedback in your approval.
Yeeeaaarrs of roleplay experience. Old enough to graduate college and been doing this since middle school.

3. You may include an optional (SHORT!) Roleplay sample for people to read that gives a feel for your character in writing.

The bell rang for class to begin. The students were all in their seats and ready to begin. The teacher's desk at the front of the room had a soldering kit and some bits of metal and mechanical parts ontop of it. The chalkboard had "MR. WHITEHORSE BLACKSTONE COPPERFIELD" written on it in big bold letters. However, for all the physical reasons to assume a teacher was present and ready for their class, none was present.

There was a flurry of wind around the locked window to the third-floor classroom. Students waiting for the teacher to arrive clutched at their books and binders to keep the wind from carrying their paper off. With a snap the window's lock disengaged and the wind died instantly. The window frame stuck a few times as it was raised, having not been used in some years. But a thin, tall man in a long leather duster and disheveled hair crawled through the small opening and rolled onto the floor.

"Woo!" He stuck his fingers in the air and sprang up onto his feet, triumphant. His boots had glowing purple lights and with a tap of his heels the lights went dark. "Being late to my own class wouldn't look good on my report card! Glad I made it."

A student spoke up, "But, you are late, Mr., uhh, Mr. Whitehorse Blac-" The man held up a hand and cut him off.

"Just call me Mr. C, or Copperfield." His triumphant demeanor slumped into a depressed slouch. His hair stuck out even more noticeably with several cowlicks, and the bags under his eyes seemed to appear from nowhere. Mr. C moved to the chalkboard and with a piece of chalk made a big box around 'Mr.' and the letter 'C', then used red chalk to put a circle around his whole last name. "Don't use my full name, its much too long. But policy states that I write my full name for you all in legible letters. And if any of you rat on me that I'm late to my first class of the semester, I'll fail you. Or something." He shrugged. "Look, lets just play nice and you learn how to blow up Grimm with Gravity Dust."

"Is that possible?" Another student asked.

Copperfield realized just then that he had said 'Gravity' instead of 'Combustion'. Man, after the exhilaration of rushing to his classroom, he was exhausted. Not sleeping does that. "Of course it is!" Copperfield said. "You just gotta think about the physics and how you can royally screw up some Grimm's day with it." He sniffed and moved to his desk, looking around it for a moment before muttering frustratedly. He rubbed at his eyes and pinched the bridge of his strong nose.

"First person who can get me some coffee gets an A for today. I left my mug at home."
Last edited by Professor W B Copperfield on Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

Yeah boi.
Gotta love my coffee zombie teachers, that may or may not also be mad scientists.

I think I made it quiet obvious, but I like Copperfield a lot, lanky lad get's a big yes from me.

"Do I get an A for voting yes first ?
Al chatters in #FF5500
Lauren Voltaire
Gender Identity: Female
Aura Color: Dandelion
Semblance Name: Electromotivation
Weapon Name: Wings of Steel

Seeing as you can't vote on your own characters, Tabby, I'll use the same criteria that you did for Wednesday:

- fully fleshed-out Semblance? check
- backstory incorporating which academy he attended and his life as a Huntsman before becoming a teacher? check
- an area of expertise in battle? check
- specific classes that he teaches? check
- why he's teaching instead of anything else? check
- at least 30? check
- Collective Roleplay ready? let's check those criteria a little closer for posterity's sake:

- Paint Within Remnant? check
- Semblance within guidelines? check
- appropriate gear? check
- profile free of syntactical, grammatical, mechcanical, or semantic errors? check

All's good there! Now then...

Do I like him?

HELL yes. Get this mans a cup of coffee, he's got a class to teach!
Lauren's puns appear in 87ceeb.
Her theme song's poppin'.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Rouge Ako
Aura Color: Scarlet
Semblance Name: Mosaic Maestro
Weapon Name: Abismo Escarlata

Fantastic job with the character, fully thought out and feels entirely original. I can only give an approval. Also the addition of another Professor it awesome.

The character himself seems like a great sparring or combat couch and would teach the students how to utilize every advantage no matter how dirty or maybe unfair it seemed. Also the fun visuals of him teaching the “rejects or unusual students” is fun.

The whole incorporation of dust with his semblance is wonderful and I see you’ve covered most types. It reminds me a bit of Might Guy’s eighth gate mode since he uses pressurized air as a ranged weapon every time he punched.

The only questions I have is does he use any movement with his hands to utilize his semblance? Or can he have his hands in his pockets and control the blasts? If he has to use movements do you think depending on how he moves like a punch it’ll make a rectangular attack as you were saying but a slash would make a thin, almost blade like attack? I’m only asking for the sake of my curiosity and visualization of how he fights.

Other than the questions. Great job!
”Pieces of music can never die, they live forever in the ears of those who’ve musician’s played for.”
-Rouge Ako

Theme
Professor W B Copperfield
Aura Color: Transparent light blue
Semblance Name: Forzare
Weapon Name: Foci and Rod

Rouge Ako wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:01 am
The character himself seems like a great sparring or combat couch and would teach the students how to utilize every advantage no matter how dirty or maybe unfair it seemed. Also the fun visuals of him teaching the “rejects or unusual students” is fun.
That's actually a good idea, possible threads with students in this line!
Rouge Ako wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:01 am
The only questions I have is does he use any movement with his hands to utilize his semblance? Or can he have his hands in his pockets and control the blasts? If he has to use movements do you think depending on how he moves like a punch it’ll make a rectangular attack as you were saying but a slash would make a thin, almost blade like attack? I’m only asking for the sake of my curiosity and visualization of how he fights.
Actually, yeah. I forgot to mention that. I have imagined him using his hands to mimic what he's making. For the normal Forzare blasts he would 'punch', making a line with his hand for using Gravity, holding a hand out forward with his Fire or pointing a single finger for the thin searing line, holding out a hand andd then clenching his fist when freezing something at a distance with Ice. I need to update that into his profile. I'll put it in Fighting Style since Semblance is already pretty long.
  • Information