Approval for Professor Wednesday Haptasnytrir

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Join the ranks?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 3
Professor Wednesday Haptasnytrir
Gender Identity: Female*
Race: Human
Aura Color: Grey
Semblance Name: Hliðskjálf
Weapon Name: Gungnir and Valföðr

1. Are you 18 or older? We want to know if anyone is under 18 years of age. Being under 18 will not bar you from participating in our community. Rather, this will allow us to gauge who is acting inappropriately toward minors.

Yes, I am of age.

2. Do you have past experience with collaborative writing or roleplay, and if so, roughly how much? You can be brief. This is intended to help us provide useful feedback in your approval.

Bit of experience. Looking forward to gaining more.

3. You may include an optional (SHORT!) Roleplay sample for people to read that gives a feel for your character in writing.

Think I'll save that for an actual post, haha.
_________

Second time applying her and I hope I've improved with this latest profile. Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback and helping me along.
Bartok Evergreen
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

Just like last time, I will be using the following criteria along with the rules for Collective Roleplayers:
-A fully fleshed-out Semblance, no more evolving or new stuff to come upon later on.
-A backstory that incorporates at least what academy they went to and their life as a Huntsman before becoming a teacher.
-An area of expertise in battle
-Specific classes that they teach
-How they view/teach/treat students
-Why they are teaching instead of anything else
-At least 30 years old

Check, check, and check! Honestly a vast improvement over the last app. Semblance is fully developed and her using it to hurt the senses of her enemies and give herself more senses(like effectively restoring her sight) is pretty dang brilliant. The backstory tells her story without going into a super lengthy process and leaves enough unsaid to be explored in threads. She has a dominant presence on the front of the battlefield, has specific classes she teaches, and you describe how she treats students. You also explain how she got into teaching and her dependance on trying to earn a living. And she's 39, which is indeed more than 30.

I can only give a resounding yes.
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

Well then!
Wednesday's profile is amazing and beautifully written!
Containing a real gem to any academy, a gritty backstory and a variety of facinating abilities and gear.

But I have one issue with Wednesdays profile, which will not infleunce my vote as it just a personal gripe, but one that I feel is worth mentioning as there might be others that feel the same as me.
So take this with a grain of salt.

Details are good, hell they make or break a text.
But, theres also too much of a good thing, and as such I found myself struggeling to make sense of Wednesdays profile, just because there is a bit too much information and detail to read trough.

Besides that I have no other complaints and the inquisitive miss with the eye patch passes with flying "colors."
Al chatters in #FF5500
Myron Hyles
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

Well I don't exactly remember the first iteration, but from what I recall, this one is a great improvement! It's true that there are stricter rules for teachers, but for me this profile is on par with Honeydew Monarch's, so my vote is a definitive Yes.

I love the fact that her backstory is clear and says enough, while also leaving a lot of questions about her past. Your work as a whole makes me curious about the character, which is one of the most important goals of profiles imo.

The only complaint that I have is not about the content but the language. While I appreciate the high-level writing, there are a lot of figures of speech (zeugmas especially) that sometimes made me lose track of a sentence's subject, and need to re-read it twice. I think some paragraphs could be made simpler for the sake of clarity.
*Drawls in #82E6E6*

Theme song / Extended profile
  • Information