Sona Pastel

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approve?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes: 3
Sona Pastel
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Mint
Semblance Name: Mimic Cry
Weapon Name: Zweiwestern

1. Are you 18 or older? We want to know if anyone is under 18 years of age. Being under 18 will not bar you from participating in our community. Rather, this will allow us to gauge who is acting inappropriately toward minors.

I am over 18.

2. Do you have past experience with collaborative writing or roleplay, and if so, roughly how much? You can be brief. This is intended to help us provide useful feedback in your approval.

I have roughly 4-5 years of collective roleplay experience, mainly on RWBY-focused sites with my other character (Ava Blue).

3. You may include an optional (SHORT!) Roleplay sample for people to read that gives a feel for your character in writing.

"Promise me that you'll visit the school sometimes?" Sona pulled away from her sister, holding hands as they stood on the edge of the ship bay at Beacon's dockyard. Her tone was riddled with uncertainty, not so much about the answer that Blaire would give her but the choices that had led them there instead. They had finally freed themselves from the shackles of their home in Atlas and were carving a new life for themselves, no thanks to their inept father. Yet, here they were, separating for what would be the longest time they had ever done so. Had they made the wrong decision? Could she stay with Blaire instead?

Blaire laid a gentle hand atop her sister's, nodding with a kind smile. "I expect we'll be seeing a lot of each other, sis. You're visiting every weekend, and we're a text message and 30 minutes apart." Gently squeezing the younger sister's hand, she pulled away. "You'll be completely fine. Plus, I'm sure you'll be so engrossed with schoolwork that you'll hardly have time for me. Don't try to deny it!" To say that she was totally reassured would be a lie, but Sona found comfort in Blaire's words. The older sister was right; it's not as if they were a thousand miles apart, and Sona would be totally swamped with her studies at Beacon.

An announcement informed the girls that they had less than a minute before the ship would return to Vale - less than a minute to say goodbye. Sona crossed her arms and sighed, trying her best to keep it together. For as long as she'd felt a need to protect her older sister, it was becoming obvious that Blaire no longer needed protecting. It was time to let go, but she so desperately didn't want to. "Well, we're here. I'm training to be a Huntress, you'll be breaking records at the office. I suppose you... won't be needing me anymore." Her eyes fell, enthusiasm fading.

The older sister lifted her sister's chin. "Hey, that's not true. Maybe I can actually start my big sister duties now and start looking out for you, or distract you from the stress at the very least. School's tough, although you don't need me to tell you that." The sisters shared a laugh, and then a smile. "Good luck, Sona. Make lots of friends and keep in touch! I'll let you know once I'm with my friend in the city." And with that, the Pastel sisters gave each other the last hug they'd share for the foreseeable week. Breaking away, Blaire stepped backward into the cabin of the ship and Sona was led a safe distance away by a member of staff at the dock. "Let me know if you meet someone cute!" the older sister shouted just as the cabin door closed, received by an exaggerated eye roll from the younger Pastel.

The transport would soon take off and blast away with a whoosh, and Sona was left with nothing but a pile of suitcases on a luggage trolley, her scroll, and her weapon by her side. As heavy as her heart was, she wouldn't shed a tear, for there wasn't anything to be truly sad about. It was a new beginning, and waterworks weren't going to make it any easier.

She turned, starting towards the campus with her luggage trolley in tow.
Last edited by Sona Pastel on Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bartok Evergreen
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

I like Sona a lot. I find it refreshing that she didn't unlock her Semblance through something tramautic, but nice moment full of heart. It's like she really likes to hold on to memories and special moments. Also, I feel that Sona would have a blast hanging out with Bartok.

I do have to mention her weapons. For one, really dang cool idea and I want to see this work. However, the way I understand Hard-Light Dust working is not so much like forming an actual plane of solid matter, though it can stop forces trying to get through it's plane. It's more an energy shield than a sheet of solid matter. So simply turning off their power source would be enough to get rid of the blades, no need for shattering them. Also, being able to make Hard-Light Blades, as cool as that sounds, is effectively a Lightsaber though without that ultimate cutting power.

We've never seen Hard-Light be used as a weapon or harm anyone besides Ironwood when he pulled his arm free of being locked by it, burning his arm to uselessness. I definitely think that the staff idea could work, the handles being connected by Hard-Light, but the sword tech is a bit new and unexplored. I'm not sure if they would actually cut or burn, or if they would even be able to sustain themselves given how, so far, Hard-Light shields have always needed a point of contact along two-sides for them to operate, like two towers that create a Hard-Light barrier between them. The staff idea is alright in this aspect, having a handle at each end, but the swords do not.

If instead of Hard-Light blades it used Ice-Dust to create the blades along the plane of Hard-Light before the Hard-Light was disengaged, then you could have your Hard-Light and your blades that get shattered to be dispelled. Example: Two handles together. Sona pulls them apart, creating a plane of Hard-Light Dust that holds the two handles together and allows Sona to use it as a staff(since touching Hard-Light seems to be ok, pulling body parts through is not). When needing her blades, she pushes a button or something to release the Ice Dust to form along the Hard-Light with a predestined line where they break, and with a twist of her wrists, they do, forming two blades with a diagonal edge. The Hard-Light is gone, replaced with Ice.

Waving a hand and allowing her blades as is could be done, but having Hard-Light blades, given how little we know about how it functions, would be opening such a big can of worms including new ground-breaking weapons technology.

Don't even mention Velvet's weapons because that should be such a bigger thing but it's not and goes against literally everything we know and see regarding Hard-Light and it's stupid.
Sona Pastel
Aura Color: Mint
Semblance Name: Mimic Cry
Weapon Name: Zweiwestern

I wholeheartedly agree re: the hard light comments and I've modified the weapon description to reflect the use of ice dust.
Bartok Evergreen
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

Alright! Thats all from me on Sona. I vote yes.

obligatory words to make this post submittable.
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

Well-rounded profile in my opinion, I'll gladly vote Yes. Both her backstory and the RP sample make me want to learn more about her relationship with Blaire, good job !
*Drawls in #82E6E6*

Theme song / Extended profile
Nym Magenta
Race: Faunus (Fox, Tail + Ears)
Aura Color: Magenta
Semblance Name: Foresight
Weapon Name: Whisper

Excellent profile. A lot of effort has been put into writing her backstory and it shows. I'm looking forward to writing with you in the future!
  • Information