Chain Dupp

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

How's Chain's profile look to you?

Groovy (Yes)
No votes
Dowdy (No)
No votes
Abstain
100%

Total votes: 3
Chain Dupp
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Edge of Tomorrow
Weapon Name: Blade of Today

Chain and I are both legal adults (we're both 18+).

I've been doing roleplay for a while now, and I'm excited to get started here!
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

I'll say the same thing as I did the first time: I find his Semblance overpowered. The fact that he slows down opponents "to a near standstill", even with its limitations, is an automatic win as soon as he gets close enough.
I'm not going to vote No, and abstain instead to leave others a chance to read it.

The rest is okay, although you used "TVTropes" in the Dislikes category, which refers to reality and is (I think) forbidden. You could say he dislikes walking stereotypes instead.
*Drawls in #82E6E6*

Theme song / Extended profile
Chain Dupp
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Edge of Tomorrow
Weapon Name: Blade of Today

Hey look, it me! Chain has FACE SHOT naow! :3

I realized I wasn't accurately conveying what I meant by 'near standstill' - I think you were reading it as 'nearly motionless compared to its surroundings' (?), while I meant 'nearly motionless compared to its initial speed' (for example, a punch moving at 10mph would be sluggish by the time it reaches him, but a bullet fired at 1000mph would certainly still hurt). I hope I've also made it clear that his Semblance doesn't act instantaneously; rather, it slows his target down more the longer he concentrates on it. Because you can't really focus your vision on more than one or two objects at a time, he may have to pick his targets carefully in crowds, and a hail of bullets is still a hail of bullets.
Al Ciendra
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Wolf-Ears and Fangs)
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Volcanic Heart
Weapon Name: Arcum and Gladio

A lot of similar issues to your other character Sean arise here too.
Lacking detail.
I'm with Myron on this, Chain's semblance is really, really strong.
Close ranged fighters would get entirely screwed over by it due to them either getting slowed down or because they have to expend precious Aura to compensate.
It's a loose-loose situation for them, this also goes for most if not all Grimm that would attack chain.

So i'm once again gonna wait on voting until you fixed these issues.
Last edited by Al Ciendra on Wed May 19, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al chatters in #FF5500
Bartok Evergreen
Race: Faunus (Vampire Bat)
Aura Color: Blood Red
Semblance Name: Bleed and Drink
Weapon Name: Coiled Sting

What I said for Sean mostly applies to here, at least for personality.

I personally don't think his Semblance is op compared to others we see in the show or even on this site. Sure, he slows people down but blinking can cut the connection. I mean, Al can literally throw fireballs and light the ground on fire and fly around using her flames! Honeydew can practically stop time and observe the situation all she wants. Yang takes all the damage she's taken and can dish it right back. Marrow has a very similar Semblance, though his seems to require him to stay as well or not move as much, probably requiring a lot of concentration. However, he can effect, seemingly, an area or groups of people at a time. Chain's here is only what he's immediatly focused on.

I would like maybe just a sentance or two more on why he chose to be a Huntsman. Maybe he had no real ambition to become anything, and the Huntress that came gave him something not strictly 'work' and he loved it.

Also... this is RWBY after all. We gotta make an addition to his weapon. So, how is his chain also... a gun?

Also, I can photoshop his eyes to be blue if you want and add something to his necklace so the profile picture matches the description. Just hit me up on the Discord.
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel
Race: Faunus (Black Cat, ears and tail)
Aura Color: Purple and pink
Semblance Name: Witch Way
Weapon Name: Orchid

I could point out that there's a Semblance in the show itself that functions almost exactly the same, but why would I do that? :T

https://rwby.fandom.com/wiki/Marrow_Amin
Main themesong:

We used to watch the butterflies / Floating among the raindrops
But time will worry us into the dirt
Myron Hyles
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Sleeping Spell
Weapon Name: 40 Winks

I know that, and I think I made that parallel in the previous submission of this profile: Marrow has to stand still and point at his target to stop them, which is the big difference between Stay and Edge of Tomorrow. Chain can still move, and refraining from blinking for ten to twenty seconds isn't hard at all... Plenty of time to land devastating blows on anyone.

It's not simply overpowered, I understand the limitations, but in certain circumstances, it can be a guaranteed win against anyone no matter the difference in power.
I'm not going to change my mind on this: having the ability to heavily restrain someone's movements while moving freely shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.
*Drawls in #82E6E6*

Theme song / Extended profile
Fuchsia Iris Ükhel
Race: Faunus (Black Cat, ears and tail)
Aura Color: Purple and pink
Semblance Name: Witch Way
Weapon Name: Orchid

Marrow definitely can move while using his Semblance, and has done so multiple times, the only actual limitation is that he has to keep pointing at them, which in my opinion isn't much different than having to keep staring at somebody. I will suggest though that adding in potential ways it can be resisted might benefit the idea. Like, if people can actually fight against it and start moving slowly themselves through sheer strength or willpower or something, idk
Main themesong:

We used to watch the butterflies / Floating among the raindrops
But time will worry us into the dirt
  • Information