Ava Blue

A collection of the previously approved/denied character's applications complete with feedback posts for future reference.

Approve?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 2
Ava Blueblood
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Sky blue
Semblance Name: Crystallize
Weapon Name: Prae

1. Are you 18 or older? We want to know if anyone is under 18 years of age. Being under 18 will not bar you from participating in our community. Rather, this will allow us to gauge who is acting inappropriately toward minors.

Yes.

2. Do you have past experience with collaborative writing or roleplay, and if so, roughly how much? You can be brief. This is intended to help us provide useful feedback in your approval.

About 4 years, give or take. I started collaborative writing in 2011 for about a year and then again in 2014 for about 3 years on-and-off - this was on the old RWBY-RP site. I haven't participated in a lot since then so please excuse the rust!

3. You may include an optional (SHORT!) Roleplay sample for people to read that gives a feel for your character in writing.

Ava dove in the way of an incoming fireball, swatting it away with her shield to protect a group of first semester students from harm. The fierce look in her eyes ignited hope within their hearts, and a pair of them scrambled to offer aid to a downed student nearby. "Get her to the Nurse's office!" She barked and watched as they fled the scene with the injured. "Is anyone else okay to fight?" Three answered the call to arms. The blue-haired guardian exchanged a nod with the group and sent them on their way, hopeful she'd see them return unharmed.

She glanced at her scroll as a message came through, managing a smile when she noticed who the sender was - her team lead, Jim. Ava responded and made haste for the rendezvous point, keeping a constant lookout for students who were struggling to fight back the enemy forces. Beacon should have seen the attack coming; nobody took the warning issued earlier in the week seriously and now, when Death finally lurked on the school grounds, everybody was paying the price.

Eventually, the school's courtyard came into sight. The scene offered Ava a sense of ease even in dire times and she would always take a second to soak in the sight, although with its once beautiful flora now burnt to a crisp, there was hardly anything left to admire. To summarise her thoughts on this, she was not happy.

Ava was brought back down to Remnant when a cry for help caught her attention and she spotted a student hunched over a fallen teammate, tears welling up in their eyes. "No, no, no!" Clenching her shield Ava ran as fast as her feet would carry her to reach the student, pulling up in front of them to form a protective barrier. "Is he okay?"

"He's not- I don't think h-he's-" The student's speech became dishevelled, breaking down into a wail as words failed her. Ava lowered her eyebrows, offering a sympathetic look. The ordeal had taken its toll on the school and it was getting worse by the second.

'Damn it, where is everyone?'

Note: This is a touched-up extract from this thread on the old site: http://rwby-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7940&sid=f6a9377e44f1b35cd473afc8a216a948
Last edited by Ava Blueblood on Mon May 17, 2021 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Lavay
Gender Identity: Male
Aura Color: Gold
Semblance Name: Redline - Hereditary
Weapon Name: Reclamation

This is an easy yes!

Ava is a rich, fun, and amazing character. With an equally talented and fun writer.

I have a few things of Feedback that we can chat up and honestly I think we can work together to make both Jim and Ava's backstories (the Beacon portion) as strong as possible.

That said as a whole great profile, great character, and more than enough to get her started here!
Talking | Thinking

Personal Motto: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and damn, I've almost died a lot.
SheidelII
Gender Identity: Male

While I do approve of Ava Blue's profile, and it is a fun sounding character, there are minor things I want to point out.

You've written her as a Junior student when in her Recent Events section it's said she's a recent graduate that's returning to Vale to resume Huntress duties. It's a small inconsistency in the overall profile. Other that that, I see no reason that Ava Blue doesn't work for the setting and can happily welcome her into the community.

A 5'2" tank? I'm intrigued.
Ava Blueblood
Aura Color: Sky blue
Semblance Name: Crystallize
Weapon Name: Prae

I realized after posting the application that the backstory has a hard time of explaining where she's at presently. I've revised some of the details and added an extra paragraph or two onto the end of her backstory highlights, that should hopefully clear up some of those inconsistencies. The 'Junior Huntress' occupation is intended to describe her as a recently-licensed Huntress, I apologise for the lack of clarity there. If there's a more suitable term (i.e. dropping the 'Junior') or if licensed Huntsman/Huntress characters aren't allowed just yet, please let me know and I'll adjust accordingly!

(And yeah, small tank. I kind of loved the idea of a short but (figuratively) indestructible character who's a bit of a hothead. Hope I can do her justice on this site!)
Kailyn Keison
Race: Faunus (Crotalinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Hot. DAMN that profile was a fun read! I love your style!

Ava's got a solid concept and Kailyn would have a blast going on a spontaneous adventure with her.

Yes yes yes.

(That comment about soup was GOLD!)
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
  • Information