Dust Companies by Tintabby

Submit your ideas for Encyclopedia articles here! Available to any user with an Approved character.
Professor Wednesday Haptasnytrir
Gender Identity: Female*
Race: Human
Aura Color: Grey
Semblance Name: Hliðskjálf
Weapon Name: Gungnir and Valföðr

Wyvern Incorporated

Wyvern Incorporated is a major Dust mining company based in the southern gulf of Vacuo. Ships and planes deliver materials and workers to the coastlines and surrounding islands. Some desert caves along the coast line on the north end of the gulf are still utilized, digging up scores of Fire Dust. Wyvern Incorporated prides itself on the quality Water, Air, and Fire Dust they provide at reasonable to high prices, along with all other Dust types at decent prices.

The CEO of Wyvern Incorporated is Nebula Wyvern, a fierce and prideful woman.

“Come Storm or High Water, We Deliver” - Motto

“Elemental Needs For An Elemental People” – Slogan

“Nice folks, all around. Nebula is a bitch but she’s got balls so big they drag on the ground. What a woman. Don’t mess with her, or you’ll get lost in the desert. I’m glad I was able to find my way out. Still her biggest customer.” – Copperfield

Sound Practices Co.

The Sound Practices Company is a major Dust company based in Atlas and Mantle. Digging deep into the far reaches of the frozen tundra, Sound Practices uses innovative technology (“Actually really cool stuff. I almost appropriated it once. Sad about Dave though”) to find the Dust hidden beneath the ice and provide first to Atlas, and then to others outside of the kingdom. Despite the name, rumors abound about how they mistreat their workers and provide sparse heating for their miners out in the cold. Whether those rumors are true or false have not been revealed to the public despite reporters’ efforts. (“It’s TRUE though”) Still, people travel to Atlas in order to buy their quality Dust for the affordable price. Sound Practices Co.’s Dust is valued highly outside of their home kingdom, very rarely selling Fire Dust to non-residents. (“Their prices are outlandish, and making the trip takes so long just for a case of Gravity Dust. It’s exhausting.”)

The Chairman of Sound Practices is Bass Bronzer, a sly fox of a businessman with a silver tongue. (“No, he’s not a Faunus. I checked. Don’t ask. He’s just cunning.”)

“We Use The Best To Give The Best” - Motto

“A Company You Can Trust With The Best” – Slogan

“You have no idea how stingy these people are about ‘property rights’ and ‘proper clearance’. They also continue to flood my mailbox with letters of legal action. It was one mine, they should let it go already. It’s literally water under the bridge now.” – Copperfield

Carrion Limited

Carrion Limited is a smaller, yet influential Dust mining company with mines spread across Remnant. (“Like everywhere, I swear.”) They buy mines deemed both ‘unsafe’ and ‘dried up’, and get every fragment of Dust they can, sometimes discovering new veins in the process. Since the rise of Carrion LTD., many other Dust companies have tried exhausting their mines before selling them to Carrion, but Carrion always manages to turn a profit. Their means of discovering hidden Dust is still a company secret. (“I think it’s a Semblance of sorts, not sure though.”) They advertise that their efforts are not to turn a profit so much as it is to give humanity as many resources as possible to survive. Where their competitors seek only the largest veins, Carrion gets everything. They sell their Dust wherever they can at cheap prices for the everyday citizen, beating their competitors in the marketplace for sales.

The President of Carrion Limited is Carrion Seascape, with his wife Lux Seascape as Vice President, a loving couple.

“We Always Find What Everyone Else Misses.” – Motto

“In Our Struggle For Survival, We Cannot Afford Missed Opportunities” – Slogan

“Honestly one of the shadier companies. Super nice, but I saw the guns in their jackets. Always let me snag a few donuts from their break room, and they don’t tell me where they get them. Do they also own a private donut-making factory?”

“I swear, Lux is too hot for someone like Carrion. How did he even get her? Carrion looks like a rat that got dragged for ten miles, and Lux is what supermodels aspire to be.” – Copperfield

Monarch Securities

Monarch Securities is spread around Remnant, their headquarters being located in Vale. They hire huntsman and other capable folks for jobs.

“Listing Monarch Securities here because they also buy a metric ocean’s worth of Dust. They always buy up all the stock right before I can get there, it’s fricking annoying and I have no idea what they are using it for. Could have built ten Amitys with all they have gotten over the years. Do they use it for weapons? Reselling it? I haven’t been able to find anything, but those they hire are sometimes working for mobsters and reputable businesses alike. They bug me. Now that I’m in Vale, maybe I can find out something.” – Copperfield

The current CEO of Monarch Securities is William Vaderoughn. (“No obvious connections to anyone else. No family.”)

“As far as I can tell, they don’t have a motto or slogan. Their business cards are blank besides names and numbers. What is up with this?” – Copperfield
Mindful and talkative, wouldst thou gain wisdom
Silent and thoughtful and bold in strife
#AEAEAE
Extended Profile
  • Information