[CoC Event] The Hunt is On [Open, 1/?]

This area is outside of Vale's walls, but within a relatively safe distance of the city.
Lauren Voltaire
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Dandelion
Semblance Name: Electromotivation
Weapon Name: Wings of Steel

Lauren would be the first to admit that she hadn't done many scavenger hunts in her lifetime. Or any, really. But that didn't stop her from noticing that some of the things she was supposed to find were decidedly NOT things that you'd find on a normal scavenger list.

I mean, sure, prizes from the carnival wouldn't be too terribly difficult to find, but a whole-ass stop sign? Really? And what the hell is a 'Timothy Bowen' - or, as Lauren strongly suspected was the case, WHO the hell is 'Timothy Bowen'?

She was probably going to need some help.
- - -
[ ] - a Stop Sign
[ ] - 2 Crying Sliver Shiver Masks
[ ] - a Beowulf Plushie
[ ] - The Real Sliver Shiver
[ ] - a Fish
[ ] - 3 Bullseyes
[ ] - 5 Purple Ducks
[ ] - 6 Successful Ring Tosses
[ ] - one Timothy Bowen
[ ] - a Happy Dog
[ ] - a Feisty Cat
Lauren's puns appear in 87ceeb.
Her theme song's poppin'.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Castor Achromos
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Fanus (snakes eyes)
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Chaotic Psyche
Weapon Name: Molon labe

By some miracle, Castor was able to convince the staff and professors to a day off his usual schedule, on such occasions he would spend his time away from the crazy shit that is the carnival. It was fun on occasion but both it and its host put him on edge, but for tonight he figured he might as well use the day off to partake in a scavenger hunt. Normally he wouldn't even bother with something as boring as that but with little planning, Castor figured a way to both mess with the other people who are working at their hunts while working on his at the same time. The best way to do that was with the help of another person, after all, Castor was far more interested in sabotaging the progress of other people's hunts rather than finishing his own. With his list for the hunt in his pocket Castor set out to look for anyone willing to team up with him, sadly such a thing was proven a lot harder than expected as by now Castor had already proven to be a bit of delinquent with the rest of the students and professors attending the carnival that day.
Lauren Voltaire

I spy, with my little eye, thought Lauren as she noticed a young man holding a list. It would seem that help had arrived. "Heya!" she called out to him. "How's about you an' me team up for this 'ere scavenger hunt?" She waved her own list for illustration as she sauntered up to him.

"I'm Lauren, by the way. I think I've seen you around a little? I think people tend to avoid you, though - I hope that's not on purpose!"
Castor Achromos

Castor was reading over his list wondering just how exactly was he expected to find even half of the things on it. That was until another person came up to him. It was a blond girl who had introduced herself and asked if he wanted to team up, "my name's Castor sure I'm good for teaming up." He quickly showed her his list and to his surprise, they were more or less the same objects for their lists. Castor would continue further replying to her second comment "well I work here for the time being and not surprised people don't go near me I tend to annoy them and Fidi tends the scare them half to death."
Lauren Voltaire

That certainly wasn’t the response Lauren had been expecting. Points for honesty, though. ”Nice t’meet ya. What do you wanna try an’ get first? I’m thinking the prizes would be a good place to start, especially since we might have to, like, steal some of the stuff…” She looked over the list again. ”Or kidnap… okay, y’know what, I’m not gonna think about that. That’s a problem for future Lauren.”
Castor Achromos

Castor listened as his new partner in crime suggested they go after the prize section of their lists, it made sense since it seem those would be the most difficult from this to get. It became clear the majority of the lists were or could be obtained by participating in the various games that were set up throughout the grounds. If they both teamed up he was sure they could easily blast right through the more difficult ones, however, the games that were all but rigged by lady luck were a different story.

Castor himself was never one to put any faith into something as fickle as luck, but even he knew those games would take too long to complete legitimately. So a small grin cracked at the corner of his mouth.

"We could try playing fair and square, not like it would take all that long to finish this list? buuut I've got a much more...fun proposal in mind. Instead how about we find the most difficult thing on this list and wait for someone to get it. Once they're done with all the hard work, we swoop in and steal the prize."

Castor would point at the very bottom of his list separated from the rest of the hunt's objectives read out the following

One crazy black-feathered rooster

"While we wait for our little friend to show up, we can quickly grab some of the easier stuff on the list?"
Lauren Voltaire

Lauren's new partner in... crime? made a good point. Getting any of the things on the list that were alive would be significantly more difficult. As to the theft of prizes... "I wouldn't want to lessen anyone else's enjoyment just for the sake of completing our own lists. It's not like it'll be hard to get the prizes. I think the purple ducks were from the ring toss, bobbing for apples, and strongman games? Ring toss is easy to win if you spin them enough, I'm a champ at bobbing for apples, and between the two of us I'm sure we can get the strongman bell to ring."

Where the hell were they going to find a black-feathered rooster in Vale - let alone one that was supposedly 'crazy'?
Castor Achromos

Castor couldn't help but pout a little bit when his partner was against the idea of thieving their way to the top, he understood the point of this hunt was fun and all that cute shit. The problem was that would be put them at a huge disadvantage especially if they wanted to go after that crazy-ass bird Criminel, only was Castor was able to catch him last time was chasing it for a few days straight. With a sigh, Castor agreed, if nothing else the sooner they started the hunt the better chances of winning they had. He did have one condition though "if people start playing dirty, we aim for the eyes?" it was less of him asking permission and more like giving her a fair warning ahead of time. Looking over this list Castor, "all right I got the strongman challenge, should be pretty easy." Though as mull over the list he realized the rooster wasn't the only animal or "live" thing on this list...
Lauren Voltaire

"If people start playing dirty, we aim for the eyes?" he asked.

All's fair in love and war, the saying went. This wasn't a war yet, but if someone else turned it into one, Lauren was more than happy to finish what they started. "I can live with that," she conceded after a moment.

When he expressed agreement that the strongman challenge should be easy, she set off toward it. It was a good a place to start as any other. Looking down at her list, she realized that their next stop would probably be the ring toss, since she needed 6 successes for her hunt, and she might even get lucky and pick up something else on her list as a prize.

Soon enough, they arrived in front of the strongman stand. When they reached the front of the line, she gestured for her dark-haired companion to go. "You're up," she said, flashing him a thumbs-up.
Last edited by Lauren Voltaire on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Castor Achromos

Finding the strongman stand wasn't all that hard, after all for such a simple game it had plenty of people crowded around it. At first, Castor couldn't understand what exactly was the cause of the constant chorus of cheers and jeers from the people around them. When he got a look at the "grand" prize for winning the game it clicked for him, sitting on the top right above where the bell sat was a strange man in a jester's outfit and with an all too familiar mask. Castor figured if one of the targets for the list was the real Sliver Shiver...how would they know for sure it was him? And not some impersonator. Whether the people around him were asking the same question Castor couldn't say, everyone around him seemed too busy booing the clown on top for some reason. The next person in line would step forwards hoping for a shot to win the prize, this person in question seemed to be a strongman in their own right with a build and frame several times larger than most people. They quickly grabbed it before holding it up high into the air and swinging it down with as much force as they could. Castor figured they lost their chance to win this prize the moment he saw the puck at the bottom of the tower suddenly rocket up towards the bell. He was certain it would hit the bell in a second or two but...it suddenly stopped.

The puck stopped but an inch or two before reaching the bell thanks to the jester blocking it with one of its feet and kicking the puck back down to the bottom. Castor realized why the crowd was constantly turning sour and found himself at the front of the line.

"oi, is it ok if use my semblance?" Castor said aloud so both the crowd behind him could hear, but also so the clown on top was warned ahead of time....after all it was less of a question and more like a warning.
  • Information