[CoC Event] Ya-YEET [Open, 1/?]

This area is outside of Vale's walls, but within a relatively safe distance of the city.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kailyn Keison
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:57 am
Age: 19
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotilinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Occupation:
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Log-throwing, huh? Kailyn grinned to herself as she made her way to the docks. She wasn't the strongest student at Beacon by any stretch of the muscles, but what she did have she intended to use. Because where was the fun in a carnival without winning a stuffed animal or six, right?

Alright, let's do this, she told herself as she arrived at the booth. She'd start with a good stretch, though, because why bother wearing a swimsuit if you weren't gonna show off your curves, right?

"This the log toss?" she asked the jester running the booth. "What's the record?"
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
User avatar
Sliver Shiver GM
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:58 am
Age: 99
Gender Identity: Male
Race: ?
Occupation: Entertainer
Semblance Name: Show Time

The Sliver Shiver here kicked his legs as he jumped into the air, watching a strongman, large and burly, heft and throw the log into the water, making a good few meters before it splashed. He wasn't one with Aura, just a big strong man! His friends around him cheered. The jester cooed and measured the distance with his eyes, mentally noting it, before a dashing redhead in a swimsuit walked up to him.

"This sure is, missy! The record for this hour is six meters by that man." He pointed at the strong man. "The distance is measured from shore to the nearest part of the log!" His head moved up and down as if to look her over. "But I have a feeling you're about to wash him out of the contest!" The jester rubbed his hands together. "Go on! Take your log and make it soar!"
Last edited by Sliver Shiver GM on Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kailyn Keison
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:57 am
Age: 19
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotilinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Occupation:
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Kailyn smiled. "A throw like that's not much of a contest to someone with Aura, I'm sorry to say. Though I doubt anyone else without any could make it that far." Turning a slow backflip to stretch her back (and display her curves), she picked up a log and carried it to the shore. After taking a moment to heft the log and accurately judge its weight, she did a quick calculation before tilting the log at precisely the right angle to achieve maximum distance before giving it a mighty heave.

The log continued to accelerate in a straight line along its flight path for a few seconds after it was thrown before slowly beginning to come back down. Kailyn leaned forward to watch its progress, putting one hand in the small of her back and shading her eyes with the other. "Lookit 'er go!" she declared cheerfully.

With a large splash, the log landed just under 175 meters away from shore.
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
User avatar
Sliver Shiver GM
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:58 am
Age: 99
Gender Identity: Male
Race: ?
Occupation: Entertainer
Semblance Name: Show Time

Silver Shiver and the other contestants on the beach all watched Kailyn as she stretched and sent the log zooming into the air, almost as if there was no effort! The heavy man who had set the six meter record just stared slackjawed as the log soared. Sliver Shiver began laughing and collapsed onto the ground, holding his belly as he rolled. He tried to say something, pointing to the bigger man but nothing came out from behind the smiling mask besides gasps for air. To add insult to injury, a woman the man was with began laughing as well, someone obviously close to him.

The large man's face reddened and his fists clenched as this small girl effortlessly outclassed him. He began to step closer to her before Sliver Shiver was finally able to speak words. "You're really going to get mad at the girl?" He stood up somewhat shakily, still giggling mad. He mimed wiping a tear from the eyehole on his mask. "Come now, hehe! She beat you fair and square, you think you could take her in a fight?" The heavy man turned from Kailyn and began stomping towards Sliver Shiver. "Try again next hour!" The jester said, hands on his hips and looking up at the large man, his mask betraying no emotion.

"I'll make you laugh, clown!" The man said, fist raising to pummel his face in. Sliver Shiver stood there, seeming to watch the fist ready to hit him.
User avatar
Kailyn Keison
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:57 am
Age: 19
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotilinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Occupation:
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

With a casual gesture, Kailyn lifted the man a foot off the ground with her Semblance and held him there in zero-gravity. "Y'know, I did say that I doubted anyone wivvout Aura could throw one o' them logs farther'n you did. Z'no need t'be a baby abouddit." Walking up to stand next to Shiver, she mimicked the jester's pose.

"Now, r'you gonna be nice, or sh'we find out how far I c'n throw YOU?"
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
User avatar
Sliver Shiver GM
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:58 am
Age: 99
Gender Identity: Male
Race: ?
Occupation: Entertainer
Semblance Name: Show Time

The mask on the jester looked from the girl to the man and back. "Well if you did that I doubt he could swim back! Lets not torture the lad, it's not like he's done anything yet. As long as he realizes that he'll have to compete in the next hour, when I promise to keep any Huntsmen from competing, then we should be fine, yes?" He looked to the man.

The man clenched his jaw as he scrambled in the zero gravity, flailing his arms as he turned. "Alright! Fine! I'll play nice! Just let me down!"
User avatar
Kailyn Keison
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:57 am
Age: 19
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotilinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Occupation:
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Kailyn shrugged at the jester's words, but smiled when the man agreed not to cause trouble.

"There, that wasn't so hard, was it?" she said as she let normal gravity resume. "No need t'be embarrassed, my guy. I've kinda got an unfair advantage when it comes t'throwin' stuff." She levitated herself into a reclined position and put her hands behind her head. "See?"
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
User avatar
Sliver Shiver GM
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:58 am
Age: 99
Gender Identity: Male
Race: ?
Occupation: Entertainer
Semblance Name: Show Time

The man wasn't able to catch himself as he was suddenly released. He slowly got up, saw how she was reclining in midair, shook his head and walked away. His pride kept him from answering, the way he had squealed was enough.

Sliver Shiver crossed his arms after checking his wrist for a wwatch that wasn't there. "We still have five minutes until the hour is up. Unless another Huntsmen shows you up, I'd say you're safely in the clear, Miss Kailyn." He turned his masked head to face her. "What prize would you like?"
User avatar
Kailyn Keison
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:57 am
Age: 19
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Crotilinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Occupation:
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Kailyn thought for a moment, taking a measured look at her prize options. "I want... that," she said, pointing to the largest option. Bigger was always better, after all.

Briefly, she considered staying a few minutes longer just so she could throw another log into the distance and deny the large man his prize for another hour. It would certainly be entertaining, but she wasn't that horrible of a person. She would probably head back toward the main fairgrounds and see what caught her eye next; after all, there were several other booths she had yet to see.
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
User avatar
Rouge Ako
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:26 pm
Age: 20
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Scarlet
Occupation: 3rd Year Student
Semblance Name: Mosaic Maestro
Weapon Name: Abismo Escarlata

Rouge was silent as he watched the spectacular performance of strength before his eyes, if we’re not for the mask covering his face one would be able to see a slight look of bemusement before it faded away. Winning prizes really wasn’t the name of the game for him, so to speak. He was at this festival mainly because he needed to take a break from Beacon, just a few weeks ago he destroyed a training room and almost passed out from a panic attack. His silver robe costume billowed as he walked to the log throwing stall and slightly rose a red gloves hand covered in glass adornments.

”If it is alright with you, I would like to give it a go.” Rouge spoke with a gentle tone, eyes closed and a small smile on his face. The staff member, known as Silver, and the student wouldn’t see it until Rouge grabbed his mask and took it off revealing his slightly bronzed skin. As the mask brushed against his hair it will become very apparent this many strands of his hair is braided tightly with glass beads and two ruby studs in his ears. The first time he’s worn jewelry in a long time. “Who knows, I could be lucky.”
”Pieces of music can never die, they live forever in the ears of those who’ve musician’s played for.”
-Rouge Ako

Theme
User avatar
Sliver Shiver GM
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:58 am
Age: 99
Gender Identity: Male
Race: ?
Occupation: Entertainer
Semblance Name: Show Time

Sliver Shiver was holding out the stuffed prize when the masked red boy walked up. "Oh ho ho!" He jumped in the air, tapped his heels together and put the stuffed toy back on the shelf all in the same movement before landing on his feet, knuckles to his hips. "Well, you certainly can! I would love to see you give miss Kailyn a run for her money! Hurry up now, not too much time left!"

He left his booth and gestured to the lined up logs, ready for throwing. "Take your pick, sir Huntsmen!"
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests