Encounter in Vale (public)

Where the bulk of Vale's population lives, plus the Mall and street markets!
Cleare
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: White silver
Semblance Name: Strings Attached
Weapon Name: Puppeteers Fingers and Connection Severer

In the rather busy streets of Vale on a bright sunny day. Many people could be seen walking up and down the streets going on with their day. Outside a small ice cream parlor staring through the window could be seen a young white haired girl with deep solid green eyes peering inside. She watched patrons eat their ice cream through the window. Her stomach could be heard rumbling by any passerbys. Every now and then someone would stop and look at the strange little girl as she seemed out of place with her elegant white dress with small blood splatters on it not enough to cause a panic but enough to raise an eyebrow or two.
Grayson Albus Luminum
Gender Identity: Male
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Bioforge
Weapon Name: GoldEye Mark 7

Today was a good day for Grayson to check out a local ice cream parlor. He had gotten caught up with his schoolwork and physical training regiment and figured it was time to celebrate. Clad in his Sunday's finest, though one could argue he wore his best clothes every day, he set off. Recalling the layout of the city, Grayson swiftly navigated through the streets of Vale. Rounding a corner, he detected a rather peculiar sight: a girl who resembled a large doll so much that it was uncanny to him. It took him a moment to detect the splatters of blood on her dress. The ominous vibes she emanated made him acutely aware of GoldEye Mark 7 holstered at the small of his back, hidden beneath his stylish bridge coat.

Is she... hungry?... Grayson pondered as he heard a growl from the girl's stomach. Grayson gave some thought as to what to do for a moment. On one hand, the doll-like girl was very creepy, but there was something he couldn't explain that made him slowly draw closer to the small girl. Before he knew it, he was standing about arms-length away from the girl.

"Seems like a fine enough establishment, doesn't it?" Grayson stated, hoping to make some small talk to ascertain some aspects of her character.
The most dangerous weapon of today's age is ambition. It brings people to the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. For some, both can end up being the same place.

Grayson delivers intel in 00FFFF or C0C0C0

Grayson's EP
Cleare

Cleare was still fixated on the people inside eating ice cream when someone approached her. She didn't respond or move a muscle at first even after he spoke to her only after a few moments of awkward silence did she look up at him staring into his eyes with her own deep green ones. her expression was blank impossible to read. "Yes." she stated in a monotone voice. she returned her gaze back to the window disregarding his presence like he wasn't even there. Her stomach rumbled again and she subconsciously licked her lips fixating her gaze on the ice cream.

The wind picked up catching her dress as it fluttered in the wind the unsettling little girl gave no reaction. she lifted her hand and pressed it onto the window it had splashes of dried blood on her near perfect skin.
Grayson Albus Luminum

Oh, brilliant, she also acts like creepy dolls like in scary films, too. Grayson sarcastically considered mentally as he heard the girl's answer. It was just a little too uncanny for him, this situation. Grayson merely observed stoically as she pressed her hand onto the window, noticing another splash of dried blood on her skin.

Yep, I'm definitely going to get murdered tonight. Grayson thought to himself. Thinking quickly, he cleared his throat before speaking again.

"You know you can just go inside the ice cream parlor if you want ice cream." Grayson voiced as he walked over to the door laughing a bit, holding it open for the ominous, doll-like girl.

"After you." he added politely, gesturing towards the door.
The most dangerous weapon of today's age is ambition. It brings people to the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. For some, both can end up being the same place.

Grayson's EP
Cleare

She looked at him with her usual blank stare "I don't have any money" She muttered softly. She shuffled forward towards him and the door. hearing the sound of chime from the door opening she blinked feeling out of place as per usual.

"I don't think they will let me have any without money." she said in her usual monotone voice. She was now standing next to the man at the door entrance.
Grayson Albus Luminum

Well, I suppose that explains why she was just staring inside the place... Grayson mused, still holding the door for her. Naturally, Grayson proposed a solution to her dilemma.

"Tell you what, I've got some money. So, I can get some ice cream for the both of us. All I ask is that you pay me back at a later date once you have money. How's that sound?" Grayson offered, wondering if she would take him up on that offer. She had no obligation to accept, but considering how badly she seemed to want ice cream, it was worth asking. After all, it was impractical to treat a stranger to dessert.

If I recall correctly, Denver gave me a little extra from the hard labor I did for him last weekend. Though I definitely didn't expect to spend it like this... Grayson thought after he proposed the solution to her.

Grayson's EP
Cleare

She looks up at him and nods before heading inside the shop looking around curiously. A few patrons at the parlor stared at the strange girl and the questionable blood on her dress. The little girl was too busy marveling at the interior to care that she was being stared at.

She wandered up to the counter that was a bit too tall for her she could only barely peer over it, being so small made it difficult. Her eyes caught a man tending the counter and she hopped up on the stool so she was now able to see over the counter clearly.

Recalling the time she went out for cheesecake with her handler one of her few fond memories "What was this feeling excitement?" she thought.
Grayson Albus Luminum

Grayson sat in the stool beside the girl, closer to the door. The man at the counter exchanged pleasantries with them and handed them both a menu to peruse. After the man walked to another area of the counter, Grayson leaned over to speak a discreet message to the girl.

"Hey... you should clean the bloodstains from your dress, I think people are starting to stare. They should have a restroom over that way." Grayson whispered, pointing cautiously over to where the restroom would be. After that, his eyes turned to the menu, keeping the girl in his peripheral vision, just in case...

She really knows how to divert people's attention... That could prove useful in the future. Grayson mused.

Grayson's EP
Cleare

Cleare picked up the menu briefly looking it over before she heard Grayson speak to her quietly. She looked up at him and blinked before setting down her menu and looking down at her clothes as if she didn't even realised they were stained with blood "Later" she uttered.

Her stomach growled again. She looked over toward the restroom then back at Grayson "Why do you care?" she asked in her normal monotone voice. Her eyes shimmered from the lighting in the parlor while she kept her gaze locked onto him waiting for his answer.
Grayson Albus Luminum

LATER?! Would it kill her to clean that up NOW?! Grayson thought in frustration after she replied. He felt his blood beginning to boil at her apathy to his suggestion.

"Why do I care?... Because people are staring at me, too! And it's your fault!" Grayson quietly yet sharply quipped. Taking note of the rising anger within him, he stopped himself and took a few deep breaths to relax while perusing the menu.

"...I should have introduced myself earlier. I'm Grayson." he added without taking his eyes off the menu, hoping that switching topics would alleviate some of the tension.

Grayson's EP
Cleare

Cleare cocked her head as she listened to him as he grew angry then began calming down."Cleare" she muttered turning her head to see some people staring. With no emotion in her voice she looked back at him "What made you decide to approach me Grayson?" she asked.

The man behind the counter returned to take orders "Hey are we ready to order?" he asked his eyes darting between them focusing more on Cleare "Strawberry" she blurted turning her head toward the server then back at Grayson waiting for him to order.
Grayson Albus Luminum

"To be frank, I was planning on coming here since I got caught up with everything school-wise. You piqued my curiosity when I saw you. You're a rather... how should I say, unorthodox sight to see in the middle of the city. Yet there's also a certain... je ne sais quoi about you as well. In short: you're a mystery Cleare, and I do enjoy unraveling a good mystery." Grayson explained with an inquisitive visage.

It was true, Grayson has always been intrigued by mysterious things and people. He had an innate sense to get down to the bottom of everything, find answers, and grow his vast pool of knowledge even further. It's an insatiable hunger, his mind requiring constant stimulation to function at optimal levels.

"Cookies and cream, please." Grayson said to the waiter. After the pair had placed their orders, the waiter took their menus and walked to the back to place their order.

"So, are you a student at Beacon, Cleare?" Grayson inquired.

Grayson's EP
Cleare

"A good mystery huh." She says as she stares into nothingness remembering the events that led her here. "No I just arrived here the other day." She says the whole time not changing her expression or tone she might be the weirdest person to talk to in the world.

"So I assume beacon is a school then do you go there?" She asks plainly. She kicks her feet that are dangling under the stool a little bit. She seemed a bit more fidgety than earlier suddenly if she didn't have such a good poker face maybe he could tell.
Grayson Albus Luminum

"Yes. Beacon Academy is a Huntsmen Academy. I'm actually attending myself!" Grayson proclaimed conceitedly. Whatever his reasons were, attending Beacon was a source of pride for himself.

How long have I been attending for? It's so easy to lose track of time... he mused as he wondered how long he had actually been attending for. It was at this point where he noticed Cleare becoming a bit fidgety.

Hmm... Cleare wasn't this fidgety when we came in. I wonder why that is... Grayson thought briefly.

Grayson's EP
Cleare

"I see, Beacon must be quite the academy." She stops kicking her legs and stares at the counter.

"I wonder what he would think of me if he knew my past." Cleare thought. She was tapping her finger nail on the counter gently.
Grayson Albus Luminum

"It really is." Grayson replied. He thought for a brief second, then spoke once more.

"So if you didn't come here to attend Beacon, what was your reason for coming here?" he inquired as he adjusted his gloves.

Grayson's EP
Cleare

She shifts uncomfortably in her seat for a moment before speaking. "I am not entirely sure, I was hoping I would find a new purpose here." she stares down at her feet dangling from her seat. She let out a soft sigh before looking back up to make eye contact with Grayson.
Grayson Albus Luminum

"That's understandable. Many people come here for that exact reason." Grayson replied.

New purpose, eh?... Grayson mused, wondering if he could unravel more secrets about this mysterious girl.

"Say, what exactly did you do before coming here?" he inquired, wondering how easy it would be for her to spill the beans on her past.

Grayson's EP
Cleare

She shuffles uncomfortably in her seat hearing him question her. "Well...um" she stumbled over her words for a second until she closed her eyes and sighed. "I was an assassin in atlas."

She looked up at him curious of his reaction her face remained blank giving her usual emotionless expression.
Grayson Albus Luminum

Grayson was certainly surprised to hear that, though he kept himself as cool as a cucumber. He paused a beat, wondering if anyone else picked up her statement. After a brief pause, it seemed the other consumers did not hear that, and continued whatever conversations they were participating in.

That would explain the blood on her dress, and yet, she is such a tiny little thing that you wouldn't expect her to kill. I suppose that's what her quarries all thought before they were... liquidated... Grayson mused as a chill ran up his spine.

"Interesting... I've never been one for wetwork... Too messy for my liking, and too much room for error." Grayson stated, wondering if he would end up being Cleare's next target. But then again, why would she be so open about it with him? Maybe that's exactly what she wanted him to think...

Grayson's EP
Cleare

Cleare's expression was vacant she started to speak again "Well I left that behind in atlas I am not sure where to begin here."

She sighs softly resting a hand on her cheek as she leans on the counter. seconds later the icecream arrives and the worker eyes Cleare up suspiciously getting a good look at her bloodied dress before walking over to help other customers.

Cleare picks up a spoon and begins eating her strawberry icecream.
  • Information