Dango Nakama [Private with Sera]

Where the bulk of Vale's population lives, plus the Mall and street markets!
Leonard Uaine
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Snapping Turtle mouth)
Aura Color: Viridian
Semblance Name: Intransient Steps
Weapon Name: Fisticufflets

Lennie grinned. It would seem that the way to Reni’s heart was through her stomach. ”It’s a date,” he told her, running the wooden spoon around the outside edges of the gelato bowl before tipping the whole thing into his mouth.

Now to figure out which place they should try together first. There were lots of options, and Lennie hadn’t had a chance to try many of them either.
Lenny’s dialogue is in #339966.

You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Serenity Sandstalker
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus; chameleon: color-altering skin and a tail
Aura Color: Lavender
Semblance Name: Once Bitten - Twice the Pain
Weapon Name: Perilous Tempo

At Len's words, Sera twitched almost imperceptibly, then forced herself to be still- she was not going to act like his choice of wording affected her. It was going to be a long day.

Sera was also not one of those wishy-washy gals who couldn't make simple decisions. "So... as I said, I haven't really been out and about since I got here," she started, averting her gaze to avoid staring at him as he ate. "However, I've heard there is a fantastic little mom-and-pop barbecue joint around here somewhere, if you happen to know where that is?"
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
♧ Sunbathing Like a Leezard 101 ♧
Leonard Uaine

Ah-ha, that got a reaction. Well, technically it got an anti-reaction, but Reni’s averted gaze told a story.

”Barbecue? No idea off the top of my head, but that just means we’ll have to go looking and find it ourselves.” Lennie shrugged and picked up a chocolate bar. The pile was dwindling now, with only a handful of items remaining. ”You’ll never catch me complaining about needing to try more eateries,” he remarked before biting into the chocolate. Dark, with almonds. Niiice.

Serenity Sandstalker

Sera nodded in agreement, "You can certainly never go wrong with trying more food." She then picked through the few remaining things on the table and selected a package of chocolate-covered wafers and eyed Len's chocolate bar. "Say, Len, would you be willing to give me a bite of that? There's not another one, so..." she trailed off, looking hopeful, though the look itself was marred by the candy she was currently munching on. But hey, never hurts to ask, does it?
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

Can’t go wrong trying new food? Reni was a woman after his own heart.

”Trade you for one of those,” he said, gesturing at the package she’d just picked up before breaking off a piece of chocolate and holding it out to her across the table.

If she takes this with her mouth, I’ll be in big trouble, he thought.

Serenity Sandstalker

Sera broke part of the bar off, willing to trade for the other candy bar. She looked up and hesitated for a half-second, glancing from Len's face to the extended treat. A blush one again crept up her neck and turned her ears red as she leaned forward and gently bit onto the piece of chocolate, lips barely brushing his fingertips. As soon as he relaxed his hold, she retreated with the bite and awkwardly offered the crisp as she nibbled until the last bit was gone, licking the last bit from her lips, she attempted to retain a sense of normalcy by saying "Thanks, Len." but only it served to further her embarrassment.
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

It took Lennie a full five seconds to realize that he was staring slack-jawed at Reni. I think I'm in trouble... Who was he kidding, he was DEFINTELY in trouble.

Snapping his mouth closed (hehe, that was a good one - snapping), he gave her another wink. "You need only ask, my lady," he said as he took the offered crisp.

He could recover from this. Thankfully, she seemed to be equally flustered, which gave them both time to settle as he ate his trade.

Serenity Sandstalker

Sera flushed again at Len's stare. His words that followed made her cherry red face brighten in a smile. My lady? she thought who even says that, anymore? She returned his wink as soon as she thought he was occupied and wouldn't see, and watched him nibble on the wafer. (Haha so clever... like snapping turtle...)

As soon as Sera felt like the silence was awkward, she cleared her throat and said "So, um... Len, you up to going now or do you frown upon 'pocket snacks' and possibly even discourage hoarding of sweets? with the question, she indicated the few items left scattered across the table.
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

Yeah, he was in trouble alright. Reni gave as good as she got.

"I might be a little full to go right this second, but maybe we could go for a walk first?" He smiled, patting his stomach. He'd had quite the pile, after all.

After a moment, he made a shooing motion at the pile. "By all means, pocket the snacks, hoard all the sweets. What's the point of doing so much exercise that we'd stay in perfect shape no matter what we eat if we don't eat like it, right?" he asked, leaning over the back of his chair to crack his spine, reaching his arms over his head in a stretch.

Serenity Sandstalker

A smirk crept it's way onto Sera's face at Len's request for a walk before more food, accompanied by her thoughts Oh, the delicate tendencies of some peoples stomachs.

When Len stretched, Sera took a moment to inspect- not ogle- the man, then stretch as well, because it's like a yawn... you simply have to if someone else does. Stretch complete, she cleared her throat and said "Sure, a walk sounds like it could be beneficial." She gave the remaining snacks on the table a meaningful look. "I'm glad we can see eye to eye." she stood up gracefully and began cramming snacks into the little pouch on her belt.

Considering her last words, her tail twitched with the thought If he makes a short joke I might just have to slip an ice cube into his clothes.
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

Lennie really shouldn't have been so surprised that Reni was so in shape - she was at Beacon, after all - but her stretch really brought it to his attention.

At her mention of eye-to-eye, Lennie silently noted that his seated height was still taller than her standing one before nodding. "Me too. I don't exactly have any means of carrying the leftovers, but that's probably for the best. I'd end up filling so much of my room with food that you wouldn't be able to open the door otherwise, and that's counting how much I eat." He stood, twisting his torso to loudly crack his spine as she swept up the remainder of the pile, her tail twitching slightly.

"Besides our mutual quest for good food, is there anything in Vale you want to see, Reni?" he asked as he pushed in his chair and offered her his arm.
Last edited by Leonard Uaine on Wed May 03, 2023 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serenity Sandstalker

As the opportunity for short the joke lapsed and disappeared without being acknowledged, Sera flashed Len a full smile that displayed as many of her teeth as possible. Passing up short jokes always deserves a reward- even if the giants don't realize it. At his mention of his dorm, Sera's own thought turned to hers and the clutter of foods on her desk that force her to do homework on her bed. "Maybe that's my issue," she laughed "I can't even use my desk. Maybe if I just didn't have a way to conveniently carry stuff I'd be less inclined to stockpile."

Patting the now-bloated pouch to make sure it wasn't going to spill its precious cargo, Sera nodded in response to Len's question. "As a matter of fact, Len," she said as she placed her hand on his offered arm "Vale has been nothing but gorgeous so far, I'd like to tour their parks or gardens as well. I enjoy the greenery, it's a breath of fresh air, if you'll pardon the pun."
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

That does seem like it would be a problem,” Lennie agreed, returning a wink to her big smile.

As they set off, he thought about which park was closest to their current location, then stopped as what she’d just said registered. ”Are you calling me gorgeous?” he asked cheekily. ”Thank you for noticing, my fair lady,” he continued, eyes twinkling with mirth.

Serenity Sandstalker

Sera had easily fallen into step beside him, and didn't notice when Len stopped until she lost contact with his arm as she took a step when he didn't. And then he spoke. And then she was embarrassed again. Of course, he missed the short joke, but then he'd come to a conclusion like that!

Sera promptly whirled to face him and her hands found their homes on her daggers as she laughed. Her face didn't completely flush, but it was a close thing. Her eyes crinkled as she fought her smile as she protested "Thats not what I said at all! You're not part of Vale, youre in Vale! However..." she trailed off, tapping her chin thoughtfully, "Len, I suppose its applicableto you as well..." Sera finally let a smirk twist her lips up as she cocked her head to the side and looked up at him.
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

Brothers, that laugh… Lennie chuckled along with her, offering his arm once again as their laughter subsided.

”I accept your compliment with gratitude, dearest Ŕeni,” he said with mock formality, trilling the ‘r’ again, as they set off toward the nearest park.

Serenity Sandstalker

Giving him one final warning look- which was completely ruined by the amusement shining in her eyes, she accepted his arm, once again placing her hand on it. When he once again used that nickname and rolled the r again, she decided she didn't want to gut punch him, because damn it, it was hella attractive... not that she'd admit it. Instead, she offered the most unladylike snort in response and then placed her other hand on her chest as she spoke; "As you should! Not just anyone gets compliments from the great R-R-Remi." Her approximation of her nickname completely butchered it, sounding like she was stuttering rather than it being smooth. The abomination of her new nickname made her blush and she immediately muttered "It was supposed to sound like that."
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

Reni couldn't roll her 'r's to save her life, and Lennie was going to use this to his advantage forever.

"Of course it was," he said matter-of-factly, patting the hand that was holding his arm. "The Ŕeni that can be spoken is not the true Ŕeni, after all."

He was going to pay for this later, wasn't he? Oh well.

Serenity Sandstalker

"That sounded very patronizing there, Len." Sera quipped, side-eyeing him as they walked. Squinting and slightly wrinkling her nose as he patted her hand. "It is my nickname, therefore naturally I'm the only one who trulyknows how it is suppposed to be pronounced!" Sera exclaimed, still flustered. "Youre just saying it wrong!" she used her free hand to jab in between the ribs of his defenseless side, waiting a few more steps before maliciously triggering her Semblance, forcing Len to feel the echo of being jabbed in the ribs.
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

”Ah, so that’s how it is,” Lennie said as Reni poked him in the ribs.

Then she poked him again, but he could see both her hands and her tail was on her other side. What was- wait a minute…

”Dearest Serenity,” he said slowly, giving her a look of mock disappointment, ”hast thou perchance employed thine Semblance of magic merely to torment me?” He put a hand to his chest, feigning hurt. ”You wound me, my lady.”

A few seconds passed before he finally gave up on keeping a straight face. ”We should be more careful,” he told her between peals of laughter. ”We might find ourselves in real trouble if we keep laughing this much.”

Serenity Sandstalker

Sera avoided looking at Len, not acknowledging his look of mock disappointment at all. A smirk flitted across her face at his words, gone as fast as it appeared as she schooled her face into faux seriousness and proceeded to act shocked. "A Semblance!? My good sir!" she exclaimed, matching his tone, "If thou art so wounded we must maketh our way to thine healer!"

As soon as his composure cracked, hers was gone as well, buried beneath laughter. She hunched over, gasping for breath as tears borne of amusement forced their way out, practically using Len to hold herself upright. "I... I think you may be right!" she said, "T'would be a terribly embarrassing death... imagine the stories! 'Breaking News: Students at Beacon Academy meet their end. Laughter Kills.' No self respecting individual would admit to knowing us!"
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

Lennie hadn’t laughed this hard in a while.

”’Turn to Page Six to read the joke that allegedly lead to the deaths of two first-year students. This publication is not responsible for any injuries incurred during or after reading this article.’ Brothers, my uncle might actually stop talking shit about my boxing skills then, since he’d have to admit to knowing me.”

Serenity Sandstalker

"That's a good thing, though, right?" Sera laughed, "Then you could live your ghostly un-life and pretend the reason he doesn't say anything is pride!" As they laughed, a well placed sign caught Sera's eye, and her grin (somehow) managed to grow. Her cheeks were definitely starting to cramp, how unfortunate. As she slowly but surely drew closer, the sign slowly became legible.

"Hey! Look, Len," She announced, "I'm not sure if this is the universe telling us to quit with the jokes or go on ad adventure!" She pointed at the sign, a poster advertisement, really. It read: 'To those of us who need a break from clownery! Get your tails (and eyes) over to the newest attraction in the Central Park! Disclaimer: Vale Park Restoration Services are not liable for events while park is leased.' "'S that mean it's like... a dangerous thing, or someone telling killer jokes?"
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

"Definitely an adventure," Lennie decided, giving Reni a wink. "We're never quitting the jokes."

Not liable during lease, huh? "Porque no los both?" he asked as they continued toward the large park. He wondered what color 'intrigued' was.

Serenity Sandstalker

Sera released a pained groan. "The jokes will make themselves, won't they? We don't have much of a say in the matter!"

At his question, she eyed him and acted like she had no clue what he said. "You speaking amphibian to me right now? Somethin' about a loss of pork?" A cheeky grin was twitching the corners of her mouth and she deliberately didn't look at him.
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

"We wouldn't have it any other way, though," Lennie teased lightly before she opened the door to another avenue for laughs.

"Wait, do you actually not speak the amphibian mother tongue?" he asked with mock incredulity. "My most sincere apologies, milady." Eyes twinkling with mirth, he locked his gaze on her, silently willing her to crack first.

Serenity Sandstalker

She was visibly struggling to not bust out laughing, her entire torso shaking with the mirth visible in her eyes. With the most serious expression she could muster, she stopped walking and turned to face Len with faux importance, a stance marred by the fact that he towered over her- sticking ones nose in the air looses it's effect when it is physically necessary to look at someone. "Dear Len, you don't mean to tell me you thing reptiles and amphibians are the same and speak the same language!? How could you be so inconsiderate?" With that, she couldn't hold it anymore, and started laughing uncontrollably, holding her stomach with one hand and managed to gasp out "You should be sorry!"
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

He'd intended to say something about how the reptilian mother tongue and the amphibian mother tongue were obviously descended from the same common ancestor and were thus loose cognates, but keeping a straight face was now impossible.

"I apologize unreservedly, madam," Lennie managed to choke out between peals of laughter as he wiped his eyes with a finger.

Having finally regained his composure, he straightened to stand upright before stretching, his spine popping audibly. Once again offering Ŕeni his arm, he indicated the signboard that had caught her attention. "Shall we go and see what manner of attraction they've got going on?"

Serenity Sandstalker

As the laughter abated, Seragave him a suspicious look from the corner of her eye. "As you should, you terrible being." she agreed, taking a page from his book and twisting to the side and back, her own spine popping angrily, before taking his arm once more.

"We shall." She informed him with a grin, glancing up at him as they continued on "I'm afraid you can't get out of it that easily, sir."
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
Leonard Uaine

Not that he'd ever want to get out of any situation his mouth got him into if this girl was involved.

"I wouldn't dream of it, madam," Lennie replied as he shot her yet another wink.

It really was the perfect day for a walking date: it being a weeknight meant that the parks weren't terribly crowded, and the weather was nice to boot. He took a deep breath as they turned a corner, silently reveling in the excellence of the evening.

Serenity Sandstalker

Sera chose not to respond verbally and simply returned his wink with a smirk. A comfortable silence settling on them as they walked down the street. It felt... weird the weather was perfect- she would normally be secluded somewhere hiding... sleeping, most likely, as Sera soaked in the warm air. But at this moment, she was totally content. The simplicity of their rapport and the solid presence Len provided made her feel just a tad lightheaded. She did not appreciate that, especially seeing as they'd just met.

As they turned the corner, she walked just a little closer, her shoulder touching his arm with every step. Above the buildings and trees, they could see a spire of neon lights approximately where the park was and Sera waited another block or two before she broke the silence. "With something that gaudy, it will have to be either fanatic or absolutely dreadful. I don't know which one I'd prefer."
♤ Enjoys a good prank ♤
Speech Color
◇ Needs food ◇
  • Information