Low Volume Shopping Trip [Private with Lin and Kailyn]

Where the bulk of Vale's population lives, plus the Mall and street markets!
Lin Motley
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Light Blue
Semblance Name: Dust Eater Weightless Wind
Weapon Name: Brisk and Brawn

Lin watched patiently as Kailyn tried again, her steps were taken much calmer this time and the result of which seemed much better at a first glance, but Lin would take a second regardless, detail was always the death of a project like this.
It still wasn't perfect, but a nifty dagger like this would save Kailyn's hide when she needed something sturdy and deadly by her side, all in all, for the little engineer, it was a passing grade, giving Kailyn a smile and thumbs up instead of singing anything elaborate.

But they had a lot of dust and daggers left over...better to practice and also handy to have more dust infused daggers laying about.
Kailyn picked up the daggers and dust, pulling out a second set of tools, and then splitting all between the two of them.
Let's practice a bit more and use up the stuff you bought, can never have enough dust infused knifes, right?"
Lin asked with a smile, as she got to work on cutting dust for both of them.
Last edited by Lin Motley on Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lin signs in A6BBEC
Kailyn Keison
Race: Faunus (Crotalinae) - Pit Organs (internal)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Gravitas
Weapon Name: Daii Shonnara and The Fingers

Passable on the second try? That was pretty good, though she'd always try for better - or what was the point of going to Beacon?

"Hell yeah, sister! Let's do this thing!" Kailyn cheered when Lin asked if they could ever have enough knives. Having more than one product to show for her effort would earn her a better grade in addition to improving her skills. She might still commission a few more professional-grade infused knives from Lin later, but for now she was happy to just passively absorb knowledge from her more experienced peer. Plus she got to spend time with a new friend, and that was ALWAYS awesome.
Kailyn's speech color is 99ff00.
Her theme song is a banger.
You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Lin Motley

Lin grinned eagerly, getting to work right away.
The two worked tirelesly for about an hour, Lin doing her best to both make her own knifes and also guide Kailyn.
Which resulted in two botched knifes, no biggie, at least none of them blew up in their faces.
Soon enough, Kailyn had a full bandolier of knifes to toss at people and Lin was closing up shop.
Ushering herself and Kailyn into the kitchen, a still somewhat warm pot of spaghetti and cabonara sauce.
Lin, offered Kailyn a plate after cleaning her hands as she sat down to eat in the dining area.
Using her text to speech device to talk now as she used her other hand to wrap noodles around her fork.
"You did great, Mr C's sure to give you a good grade now, at least he's less strict on most others than he is on me, wanting to push me and get better and all that."
She rolled her eyes, slurping a noodle of her cheek.
Lin signs in A6BBEC
Kailyn Keison

As she finished the last knife, Kailyn noticed that she had gone through the motions almost automatically. Neat, that meant that she truly understood what she was doing, even if she wasn't doing it correctly every time yet.

Lin led them into the kitchen where a pot of spaghetti was waiting for them. Hell yeah I love spaghet

Spaghetti?" she asked as she accepted a plate. "Score."

Lin complained of Copperfield's pushing her harder than others, and Kailyn chuckled. "Yeah, he doesn't expect anything from me since I didn't use Dust at all before coming here. It's nice to have less pressure, but I kinda feel bad for completely ignoring such a big range of useful stuff, y'know?" This was good spaghetti.
Lin Motley

Lin smirked, Dust was pretty darn great, she couldn't live without the stuff herself.
"Stick with me, and you'll never stop using the stuff."
Lin signed as she then got busy stuffing her face as usual, only slowing as Ela clad in sportswear with a towel over her shoulder and sipping on a water bottle, entered the room.
"Oh, hey there, already done with homework? Usually, Lin sits in there alone for the rest of the day."
Ela smirked, as she took a seat, ruffling Lin's hair, the smaller sister frowning a little, moving away to continue eating, now at a normal pace.
"Well, I was going to do that today, but I made a new friend, something foreign to you, I know."
Ela cringed a little at Lin's snide remark, trying her best to keep a smile, but there was an obvious hint of annoyance.
The elder sister yet turned her attention back to Kailyn.
"Glad as I am to see Lin making a friend, again, do you wish to stay the night? The last airship back to Beacon is setting off in a little bit."
Ela titled her head, it wouldn't be an issue, they could just pull out the couch and have Kailyn sleep there.
Last edited by Lin Motley on Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lin signs in A6BBEC
Kailyn Keison

"I might just take you up on that," Kailyn smiled before digging in to her own plate.

Her smile widened at the sibling banter - it reminded her of her younger days with Arden. She hoped he was studying hard so he could join her at Beacon next year.

Ela asked if she wanted to stay the night, and Kailyn considered for a moment. "As much as I'd love to attempt a flight up to Beacon from the city under my own power, I should probably take you up on that," she admitted. "I should also plan my evenings better in the future so I at least know where I'm going to sleep if not in my own dorm room," she added. "Can't always rely on the hospitality of new friends, y'know?"
Lin Motley

Lin smiled very excited about the idea, raising both hands with a thumbs up, as Kailyn accepted the invite for a sleep-over, as she quickly signed that she would get some games and a blanket for Kailyn to sleep under.
Ela nodded to her little sister, who then flew off, earning a sigh from Ela as Lin once again broke the no flying rule.
"You are right, but we are happy to help. I'll get the couch ready then."
Ela said, as she got up and walked toward the living room couch, lifting the bottom a little, Ela pulled out a second mattress, expanding the couch to be the size of a bed, large enough for Kailyn to sleep on.
Ela got a few more pillows to cushion out the couch as Lin then came floating in with a big blue blanket and laid it over the couch.
"That should do, good job Lin, but still no flying."
Lin chuckled, as she landed on the now extended couch, placing down a bunch of games next to her, as well as an extra video game controller.
"Pick your poison" Lin signed, then pointing towards the games and the game console next to the TV opposite of the couch.
Lin signs in A6BBEC
  • Information