The Best Time For Ice Cream... [Open]

Where the bulk of Vale's population lives, plus the Mall and street markets!
Chain Dupp
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Edge of Tomorrow
Weapon Name: Blade of Today

Chain nodded appreciatively at the ease with which his companions dispatched their own pairs of goons, Castor in the classical street-punk-chic style of someone used to such things, and the girl with what was undoubtedly her Semblance. Smiling, he clapped for them as he walked back to the front door of the shop.

"Good show, Castor," he directed at his upperclassman. "You should do that bullet catch thing for a talent show or something." Turning to his female companion, he gave a polite nod. "Handled with elegance, my lady." If she wasn't inclined to give her name, he wasn't going to press her for it - he'd find out eventually, as they were bound to have a class together sooner or later.

Turning back to the door, he tugged it open and motioned for her to go in so she could collect her things. "Thanks for the assist, Lindy, Roy," he called, giving them a friendly wave. "I'll be back week after next, I'm going on a little excursion for class." Melinda smiled wide and returned the wave, while Roy simply gave him a shallow nod, his serious mood returned now that he'd had to use his Semblance to throw out the unruly gang.

"So," he said, turning back to Castor. "Decided what the prize will be?"
Chain doesn't brood in 8d918d.

You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Mica Lecent
Gender Identity: Female
Aura Color: Olive brown
Semblance Name: Pressure Cycle
Weapon Name: Security

The water wicked to the street leaving the pair marked like orange masked raccoons. The sound of a gunfire and then the gun itself combusting had some unfounded concerns but that still had these students to be dealt with.

Chain offered the ice cream parlor door open she she took the time to recollect her backpack and rejoined the boys again. Her hand fiddling with the chocolate stain on her clothes and figuring what would be best to clean it once at the dorms. The topic of a prize came up again to with Mica raised a brow at him.

“Prize? What about these guys?” She motioned to the students. “We should call a professor or the Headmaster about them.” Then she started to pace around the street with a cursory stare at the ground. Took less than a minute to find the bright red frames of her original pair of glasses although the lenses were cracked and the frame was bent from possibly one of those thugs landing on them.

“Wonderful…”
Castor Achromos
Race: Fanus (snakes eyes)
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Chaotic Psyche
Weapon Name: Molon labe

Now the “fight” was over it seemed it would only take a few minutes before the police or a nearby huntsman would take the “trash” off their hands, in the mean time Castor still was trying to figure out what would work as a suitable prize for the future Grimm hunting contest. His initial plan was to offer up a reward of money, but neither of them seemed all that interested in cash. Both seemed value simpler things in life…which means.

Turning to both, Castor replied, “well I was going to offer cash, but I think a year’s worth of ice cream might work better for everyone involved?” Even if turned out they didn’t want that prize or had something more personal like a specific item in mind, Castor would easily be able to change it so the eventual reward would be worth competing for.

If nothing else the parlor would be glad to accept the money, “unless you got would prefer something else as a would be prize? If not, I can continue with how the rule of this hunt will go.” After the three of them would eventually agree on the competition’s prize he would continue to explain. The rules as following “small or average grim are worth one-point, larger Grimm like worth five, alphas are ten and if you find any strange or unusual grim. Avoid them.”

Castor would return his attention to the still sleeping thugs they fought, as it seems the “proper” authorities had finally arrived and would be taking “care” of the thugs soon enough. Castor would need to remind himself to send a message, he was somewhat curious as to what their plans where and his “associates” with in the family could keep easily find the answers for him.
Chain Dupp
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Edge of Tomorrow
Weapon Name: Blade of Today

"Who, them?" Chain asked with a sweeping gesture at the still-on-the-ground gang of teenagers when Mica expressed concern. "They'll be fine - see?" he jerked his head at the pair of patrolmen who, alerted by the sound of small arms fire, were making their way up the street toward them. "Authorities can handle it. No reason to get the school involved, unless any of these numbnuts actually managed to get into Beacon?" He raised an eyebrow at the gang and waited for anyone to correct him. When no one did, he shrugged. "See? Not our problem. All you did was help me help my friend Roy trespass some kids who where were disturbing his patrons: nothing wrong with that."

At the mention of a years' supply of ice cream potentially being on the line, Chain gave Castor a wide smile. "Now you're speaking my language, my man. Saturday afternoon sound good?" he asked them both. Weekends were usually better for this sort of thing, after all.

"Busted specs?," he asked, noticing Mica holding her broken glasses when he turned to get her response. He motioned up the street toward the nearest crossroads. "Swing by Optimal Optics over on Mill Street - they'll have 'em right as rain in no time flat. Pretty sure they do student discounts, too."
Chain doesn't brood in 8d918d.

You can find EPs for all my characters here.
Mica Lecent
Gender Identity: Female
Aura Color: Olive brown
Semblance Name: Pressure Cycle
Weapon Name: Security

“Be a nice thing to hope for this school,” the girl heaved a sigh. Hopefully the police can do their jobs around this kingdom. Mica hoped some part of this kingdom did anyway. Perhaps there is structure but can’t see it yet from how low to the ground she figuratively stood. Having some poser students be less of their problem would be nice though, if things went in the correct way.

She knelt down and carefully picked up the pieces as they made the bounty be a year’s supply of ice cream. “I’d rather take the money honestly,” she responded after Chain’s joyful outburst. Didn’t he seem like the parlor’s best and constant customer? Be a small prize for coming in everyday. Castor was paying so beggars can’t be choosers. She got out her old glasses case to tuck all the pieces in. “Is that you buying the winner a year supply in quality or free service every visit for a year?”

The case snapped shut when pondering the minor details of this contest and how rich Castor really was. Thankfully Chain helped point her in the next direction she needed to be for awhile for the rest of the day. “Optimal Optics. Mill street. That student discount better be hefty.” The girl turned to head that way if she even manages a same day repair. “See you both Saturday afternoon at the school gates.” Mica waved briefly and left for the optic store.

[exit]
  • Information