Digging For Treasure (Private w/Jericho)

Where the bulk of Vale's population lives, plus the Mall and street markets!
Nym Magenta
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (Fox, Tail + Ears)
Aura Color: Magenta
Semblance Name: Foresight
Weapon Name: Whisper

Nym narrowed her eyes at the girl standing before her. Her confused expression quickly turned to a scowl. Who the hell did this woman think she was, talking to Nym about her friends as if she knew them? Her tail flicked back and forth behind her.

"I didn' ask fer yer bloody advice." Nym's voice was low, and her annoyance bled through easily. "Gimme one good reason I ought t' listen t'you instead'a tellin' ya t' piss off." Swooned? Boyfriend? This girl didn't have a clue what she was talking about! Why was she even entertaining her? She should have told her to get bent! But...then again...Johnny had a bit of a past, and there were definitely some things he wasn't telling her. Did this girl know something?
Jericho Galley
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Sea Green
Semblance Name: Helping Hand
Weapon Name: Drunken Sailors

Flax sighed. No girl liked hearing someone else talk smack about the guy they were with, and maybe she wouldn't listen afterall. But Flax could still just tell her and let her choose. "I've known him for quite a while. I know what he's done. I knew the friends and family of his that are dead now. Just don't want your heart to get broken, that's all." She gave a half-smile and started to walk away.
Jericho sings shanties privately to himself in 00FFBF
Nym Magenta

Of course she didn't have anything of substance to say! This girl was probably just some jealous ex of Johnny's, or another student who was getting the wrong impression. Nym rolled her eyes at the vague, ominous wording she was choosing. "Yeah, and what d'you know 'bout me," she spat back as the girl turned to walk away. "You c'n take yer bleedin' advice n' shove it up your arse," she nearly yelled at her, only thinking to keep her voice down at the last second. Making a scene would just give whoever owned the shop a reason to kick her out. The hair on her tail bristled as it swung back and forth angrily.
Jericho Galley

Flax shook her head as the girl was obviously angry. But hopefully later, when she was alone and cooled off, she'd think more about it. But then again, Flax was supposed to be working. She had her own things to deal with. She tried to look after a fellow girl, although the wording she had used was vauge now that she thought about it. If Jericho had lied to her about telling that girl what he was about, no way she'd believe her. Flax was beyond the clothing racks and turned around, just in time to see Jericho approaching. Starting a scene would be less than ideal. Whatever. She turned back around and left.

Jericho came around the corner with a slightly shorter pair of pants to find Nym standing in, well, the most revealing jogging outfit he had seen. Or it was very modest underwear. One of the two. And she looked absolutely pissed, he eyes staring off into the distance and her tail thrashing about. Who knew someone could look scary but also really hot at the same time?

He let his eyes wander on her for a moment before clearing his throat. "You wanting me to pull you in there again or...?" He lifted an eyebrow. "Because that outfit looks amazing on you."
Nym Magenta

Nym continued to glare at the stranger as she walked off and out of sight, her chest feeling hot and heavy with annoyance and anger. Unsolicited advice from some bitch who didn't know the first thing about her? Infuriating. Trash talking someone who she considered a friend? It was grounds for knocking some sense into her if they weren't in a department store full of cameras. And she was a student at Beacon. A single, good punch might be enough to separate her body from her head. Not giving her a fistful of her thoughts was likely the best idea.

Johnny's voice had her turning around to look at him, her glare slowly dissolving. One deep breath and a long exhale had her mostly back to normal. "Hah, cheers, but jus' 'cuz a girl likes t' look good don' mean she's lookin' fer a rut in the hay, love." Nym forced herself to give him a quick grin. "Sorry, some bitch jus' came walkin' up t' me talkin' 'bout you like yer bad news," the fox faunus rolled her eyes at the mention of it. "Somethin' 'bout knowin' you n' all yer old friends n' fam'ly." She shrugged. Whatever she'd been talking about, it apparently hadn't been important enough to stick around for.
Jericho Galley

Well, if Jericho understood his own strategies for why he wanted to look good, it was at least to show up to the lassies. Did Nym do the same? Sure, maybe she didn't want a 'rut in the hay'- which picturing in his head made him feel a blush coming on- but it didn't mean she wasn't trying to show off to him or anything. Either way, her mood had been ruined. By Flax. Talking about him.

Jericho stood there stunned for a moment. He didn't care as much that Flax had said he was 'bad news' as much as he cared that she spoke about him at all. His jaw and hands shook.

Everything could fall apart right here. If Flax had said the wrong things, even if Nym didn't believe them, she might speak of this to Ax, and then to others. It would spread and he'd be done for, even as a rumor. Should he run now? Grab some clothes and book it out the store? Should he go after Flax and try and silence her before she could tell anyone he was here? Kraken's shit!

"W-... what did she say, exactly?"
Last edited by Jericho Galley on Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nym Magenta

Nym's eyes flicked to Johnny's hands as she saw the subtle movement of their shaking, heard the trepidation in his voice when he spoke. A tingle ran down her spine. Yeah, Johnny had been secretive about all the gory details of his past, but...was there really something that made him that scared she'd found out about? Especially after she'd given him such a casual response? His paranoia was starting to become a little harder to ignore.

"She didn' gimme no details worth shakin' like a leaf 'bout, mate," Nym said, trying her best to reassure him. "But...you sure look worried she jus' told me somethin' you don' want me t' know 'bout." She crossed her arms, quirking a brow at Johnny. "I ain't gonna judge ya fer whatcha' did 'fore y' came t' Beacon, mate. You don' gotta tell me anythin' you don' wanna, but...jus' don' lie t' me n' it'll be fine." She could probably even forgive a certain amount of lying, but she wasn't about to let him know that, lest he abuse the privilege.
Jericho Galley

Jericho's eyes lifted to her. His tight shaking fists and his jaw and his whole body slowly uncoiled at her response. No details. That was good. And Nym didn't seem to really be all that bothered by it. He shouldn't have reacted that way. Especially since she... didn't care what he did before Beacon?

"Is that true?" He stared at her, eyes searching hers. Stepping closer his eyes blinked and the corners of his mouth twitched upwards in a hesitant smile. Someone who wouldn't judge, someone who wouldn't care, someone to confide in and be safe in? Jericho never counted himself to be lucky. But maybe this one time he was.

He realized what his face was doing and got himself under control, swallowing it all down and clearing his throat. "You... aren't going to judge what happened before I came here? Of what I was?"
Nym Magenta

Nym nodded. She'd been in those shoes. Before she had come to Beacon her life had been a mess. While she tried to convince herself that the things she'd done she'd done to keep herself alive. There wasn't any other choice. It was the only way to live. In the end, she had never been able to satisfy her own guilty conscience that her misdeeds were justified. The past was in the past and there was no changing it. The future was another story, yet to be written.

"S'like I said b'fore, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do t' stay alive, eh? Whateva' you've done..." She'd done worse. Did she need to tell him that? "It ain't as important as whatcher doin' now." That was true enough. Choosing to become a huntsman was no small decision. Putting your life in mortal danger to defend civilization from an implacable, infinite foe was the definition of self sacrifice, the pinnacle. While there were those that used their training for the worst purposes, Nym knew that most huntsmen weren't like her former mentor.
Jericho Galley

It was like she had said before, but she had said it differently this time. Different context, right after someone who knew him a little better told her to steer clear. Whatever he had to do to stay alive. This whole thing was to stay alive. If Nym knew that, she really wouldn't fault him for it. Before he had the hope of this reality, and now it felt like a giant bone-crushing force had been lifted off of his lungs.

He wanted to hug her but remembered the light clothing she was wearing, stopping with just an outstretched hand and a smile. "Thanks Nym. Really, that helps. Oh, and whatever this outfit is for, you look great in it."
  • Information