Wall To Wall Pulling [Private w/ a Lavay]

Where the bulk of Vale's population lives, plus the Mall and street markets!
Vert Yule
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Human
Aura Color: Mint Green
Semblance Name: Manifest
Weapon Name: Aurora Ensemble

'Let's see, I should be able to get what I need from the store over there, the new comic in that series isn't quite out yet at this place so I'll have to come back next week, and then I'll swing by... hmm.' Vert's eyes shot from one store to the next as she walked down the path in the mall's walkway, marking notable shops down in her head before swapping gears and looking over what places would seem a good option for grabbing a meal.

Continuing her walk for a bit longer, Vert stopped in a small opening and food court area. She'd ended up purchasing a fast food meal and took up a seat at one of the surprisingly few tables, setting the bag down and adjusting her messenger bag so that it was on her lap instead, with the little wine-haired Atlesian pop idol plushy doll poking her little head and arms out the side. Vert took a sip of the medium-sized soda as she took her food out from the bag, looking around at the goings-on of the surroundings.
#00FFBF
Ivory Lavay
Aura Color: Silver
Semblance Name: Redline - Hereditary
Weapon Name: Twin Moons

After the hectic move back to Vale and getting herself reregistered for all her classes. It felt as if Ivory hadn't a single moment to herself which is exactly why she decided to carve out a little time. Of course, neither shopping nor crowds of people were exactly her thing it would serve as a nice distraction. Plus, some food that wasn't either the cafeteria or her cousins atrocious cooking would always be welcome. With all of that in mind the silver haired Lavay would make her way to the mall.

Not long after arriving she would feel her stomach grumbling and Ivory would grumble right back. 'Jeez, I get it. You're excited to not eat Cassandra' food.' The little thought to herself had the more introverted girl chuckling to herself. Looking around she would find something suitable a nice little noodle shop.

"Number 10, Extra, extra spicy, please!" Like the rest of her family Ivory enjoyed foods so hot they may as well melt you taste buds off. Of course, now that she had acquired the delicious meal now came the worst part of all. The ever dreaded finding a place to sit. Much like the other day in the cafeteria she really wished that her semblance made her invisible or something. Though as she scanned around the room, she actually saw a familiar face. Well, familiar may be an over statement, but someone she had briefly met while in Atlas.

So, with a sigh and no option of sitting alone Ivory would walk up to perhaps the only girl on Remnant skinnier than her. "H-hey there..." She'd say softly. "Vert right? I umm... I think we met very briefly just before you got into Beacon." Far to introverted to ask she would wait for the invitation to sit if the girl was feeling so inclined.
Talking | Thinking
Vert Yule

Vert removed the burger and chicken sandwich from the bag and set them on the table, rolling up the to go bag on the side to take up less space. She turned her attention to the silver-haired female and raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, Vert's me. Can't say I remember your name, even if the face may ring a bell." The mental digging around did no avail for Vert's recollection, whether it was due to disconnecting from the frozen north or not.

"I'm assuming you didn't come over here just to say hi and stand around with your food though. Not like I'm claiming the table as my own." She nodded her head toward the nearest chair to the girl, giving a kind of invitation... in her own way of wording it. "From the wording, I'm guessing you're a Beacon student yourself?" The question was followed by another sip of the soda through the straw.
#00FFBF
Ivory Lavay

"Oh, s-sorry..." Instantly what little confidence Ivory had would be sucked away the moment that Vert replied. Of course, it was a perfectly reasonable thing they had only briefly met. However, the introverted Lavay was anything but rational when it came to social interactions. Opening her mouth, she was about to try and just save face by excusing herself. However, the other girl beat her to the punch any now that would have only made things worse.

So, with a light nod Ivory would say. "Y-yeah, umm... if you d-don't mind that is..." Even with the disclaimer Ivory would end up just sitting down. A little of her OCD showed as she had to make sure her tray, plate, and utensils were all perfectly aligned. Once that was done, she would look up and smile lightly catching that final comment from the girl. "Y-yeah, that's right. I'm in my th-third year there. I was up in Atlas as part of a short-term exchange program. I think w-we met when we were helping out at one of the combat schools."

Picking up her spoon Ivory would take a moment to stir her noodles up a bit making sure the spices and sauces really mixed in. "Um, c-congratulations on getting into the Academy! I know some take it for granted, but it really is quite the accomplishment." Her nerves were clearly showing, and instead of her usual shelling up the silver haired girl ended up just going on for quite a while until she finally realized what she was doing. To which she would retreat to the safety of her bowl taking the first sip and sighing comfortably. "mmm, that is good."
Talking | Thinking
Vert Yule

She gave a dismissive half-shrug at the 'if you don't mind', setting her cup back down on the table. With the mention of the age and her exchange program, Vert glanced back over and raised an eyebrow with thoughts fumbling around in the back of her mind. "Lavay, right? That's the only name coming to mind. That aside, I'm not gonna stop you from going around complimenting people, but there's plenty of better people to praise. Whether it's Atlas upbringing or my own training, it's less about getting to Beacon and more about getting off of that floating rock."

Despite the discarding of the subject, Vert didn't come across with any hostility towards the older female as she started to mess with the wrapping of her chicken sandwich. "Just don't take it as me shutting you down, I've just got little reason to care about things 'back home' if you get the meaning. Definitely don't seem like the pompous conceited rich types, for one." She actually let out a small sighing exhale and took to eating the sandwich, not being quite so neat with her meal despite having a disciplined seating posture.
#00FFBF
Ivory Lavay

"Yes, that's right..."

Ivory would initially say with a light smile still on her face. Though as the girl went on about herself and then the loving way that she described Atlas. The introvert couldn't help but to chuckle a bit. "Heh... Yes, indeed. I understand that sentiment. It's why I went to Signal instead of one of the Atleasian school and then well of course here." She'd sort of look around for a moment before returning back to Vert.

Taking another sip of noodles Ivory for once actually hadn't taken that statement as hostile or with cause for fear. If anything, it was strangely comforting to know that she was alone in these feelings. Though, even more-so since returning up there. "Y-yeah, I umm... I won't lie I started to get a little home sick and that's why I went back up there in the first place. However, th-the longer I was up there the more insulated I felt. I... I missed the freedom down here. Th-the more comforting atmosphere. Everything is just so... cold." Of course, she wasn't just talking about the weather.

Especially given her families station in life. They were well enough to live comfortably in Atlas. However, they were still far from the elite, so her family was constantly on the outside looking in. Which always made for a competitive and uncomfortable setting. Even more-so now that she was an adult and had an actual grasp on that concept. "Anyway..." She'd finally sigh after taking a few more sips in introspection. "...t-tell me about yourself Ms. Vert. Is this your first-time out of Atlas and Mantle?" She was trying her absolute best to break from her natural introversion, but it was tough. Depending on how adept the girl was at reading people she would see that the pale Lavay had quite a few nerves going on.
Talking | Thinking
Vert Yule

Vert glanced down to her sandwich every now and again when she went to take a bite, but mostly kept eye contact to the conversing girl. 'Vale girl, hmm? Shouldn't be too difficult to work with.' She did give a nod in agreement to the opinions stated by the silver-haired gal, though her mouth was still full at the time it was said. On being asked about herself, Vert set the sandwich back down and wiped her hands on a napkin she'd pulled from inside the fast food place's to-go bag.

"Well I'm not gonna fault you for missing the place itself. They do still have some unique things in the culture of the area, like the pop idols and the tech, or the high-end budgets allowing for better fashion on account of better materials. That being said, it's nothing I can't still keep an eye on from here." She leaned back in the chair and stretched her arms slightly. "We're not in Atlas, and I'm not your senior. Just Vert is fine." The biting edge used when directed at Atlas earlier was softened up, though whether it was due to the nervousness in her older table neighbor or not was uncertain. "Regardless, yes. Someone allowed me to stay with them here in the kingdom, so I was able to attend Beacon. Ask whatever you want though, since I've a few things I'll ask afterward. Warm yourself up to it if needed."
#00FFBF
Ivory Lavay

Nodding her head Ivory did find herself romanticizing her home a bit the longer she was away. Of course, it took only about a week back to realize that it had all been made up. The people were just not what she cared for anymore. On the other hand, the structure and order too, things were a little nice. Even that turned out to be through rose tinted glasses as she had really start to become more and more Vale. However, worst of all was the proximity to her family. Not that they were terrible people... well, maybe they were, but mostly because they helicoptered over her. Inspecting if she had done well at Vale and everything else that came along with high expectations.

Either way, she would listen to the girl and smile lightly when she informed the silver-haired Ivory that they could be less formal. Of course, at the end when Vert posed that final question Ivory found herself a bit loss for words. This wasn't exactly her strongest area and she had hoped the open-ended question would help. However, having to think of specifics would be tough and some of her nerves would already start to show.

Eventually she did manage to say. "W-well, it’s nice that you were able to umm... to get down here. Especially is Atlas being your favorite place. Are you planning on staying here for the long haul or umm... j-just for schooling? Have you umm.... f-found any favorite places, o-or things we didn't have in Atlas?" That was the best question she could manage under the duress, and she hoped that perhaps that might lead to something else.
Talking | Thinking
  • Information