A Dust fueled (Re-)Union [Private w/ Prof. W B Copperfield]

Vale's downtown with factories, warehouses, offices, bars and restaurants.
Vlithra Qing Long
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus (White Tiger, stripes and pale skin)
Aura Color: Viridian-Green
Semblance Name: Kinetic Discharge
Weapon Name: Viridian Naraka and Carnassial Talon

(This Thread follows the events described in Sirens in the Distance from Vlithra's perspective)

The city may sleep, but Vlithra was wide awake. This one night she had decided to spend in her “uncles“ house, she couldn‘t sleep. There were too many things bothering her mind to have peace and quiet in that head of hers. Grimm Studies were boring her out of her mind, her supply of Dust is dwindeling as prices seem to rise and worst of all the intel men from the night club she used to keep in indirect touch with her mother seem to have retreated to a new venue. They were probably found out or something along those lines and will now have to lie low for a while. Vlithra was lying on the roof of her uncles tattooing parlor “The Azure Dragon“ and looked at the dim stars of tonights night sky, her weapons lying next to her. Wasn‘t there something her mother used to say. Dim stars were… Bad Omens? ...Misfortune? It was something along those lines. In the past, this would have been a night were Ahia would be more philosophical than usual.

Suddenly Vlithra is ripped from her thoughts as she hears a sudden and loud noise in the distance. She jerks up and looks around grabbing her weapons. In the distance she could see the aftermath of what was presumably a huge explosion. With weapons attached to her belt and fast steps, she sprints through the streets towards the source of the bright light in the middle of the night. She was probably going to take a while to get there.

If she ever got there that was, entering the Industrial Downtown of Vale through an alley something crashed down in front of her. Or rather, someone crashed down in front of her. A slender figure with claw-like hands, blood red armor and a helmet with a pitch black visor void of any expression stared her down and into her soul. The presence of this figure was clearly hostile and more than just imposing as they suddenly lunged forward at her bearing those sharp and fearsome claws.

She immediately drew her favored sword Viridian Naraka, and when the blades clashed she felt strength press against her unlike anything she had expected from such looks. Vlithra felt an immediate shudder as she was pushed away by the force of her opponents swipe of the claw. The mechanical noise... a prosthesis? There wasn‘t any additional time to think as she was immediately bombarded with a pulse of what seemed to be black-purple energy. A wave of green semblance lightning met the purple ball mid-air, only for it to explode in a shockwave of raw force on it‘s own. Her attempt to repell it had misfired as the explosion of the purple projectile sent Vlithra flying away like a ragdoll and rolling on the ground to catch her footing.

"I can't die, not here!" She exclaims in rage, punching the ground once. This was the moment Vlithra decided to throw caution to the wind. With a growl she channeled her semblance through her body instead of outward, putting her muscles and joints into high gear and with a step the tigress finds herself narrowingly dodging the claw that was going straight for her face. So they are fast too? What a pain. Her enhancement had leveled the playing field at least somewhat and the two started exchanging blow for blow in the alleyway with green sparks illuminating the night.

Eventually the strain on her was becoming too much. Her legs were getting weak. She had been fighting through the self-destructive strain of her semblance for a while now to try and keep up the pace with her enemy, but her limit was nearing and her opponent took the opportunity. There was a stinging feeling in her stomach as her oponents balled fist buried itsself in her gut and shortly after another purple ligth flashed before her. Then she was hit with a force that mimicked much her own semblance, crashing her into the solid wall of the alleyway, her back digging into the stone work. She was seeing stars and all of her strength had left her, loosing her weapons. She falls onto the ground on her knees, feeling like she is about to hurl. It is only with heavy breath and blurry vision she looks up to see the shining light of what seemd to be the fire embued claws of her foe.
Is this... the end?
"Nobody preaching about justice is ever a good guy."
color Code:#008000

Main Theme
Battle Theme
Professor W B Copperfield
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Transparent light blue
Semblance Name: Forzare
Weapon Name: Foci and Rod

"What?"

"I told you, price has gone up."

"Since when? And why? This isn't what we had agreed on, Nickli."

"You ever watch the news or read a newspaper? The thefts all over town are making Dust rare around here, especially the stuff I'm getting for you."

Copperfield gave an exasterbated sigh and leaned his head against the bricks of the alleyway. "Fine, I'll pay it now but I can't do that price or higher next time."

"You're still a Huntsman, ain't you? I don't like the higher prices or the thefts either. It's my job to skim off the top and sell to people like you, not their's. Find the thief, and I'll give you a discount on the next."

Copperfield smiled at that. "Deal. And stop admitting your crimes to me, would you?"

There were friendly smiles, an exchange of Lien and a small brown paper package that weighed far more than it should have, and the two parted. It may have cost him more than double, but if his math was right he would only need this shipment to finish the prototypes. Then further shipments would only be paid for as needed. And while what he was creating was deadly powerful on a massive scale, it wouldn't be used very often. His wallet was going to thank him. More money to take Vera out, afterall. That thought almost got him skipping down the road.

And then something exploded nearby. The ground shook and smoke plummed into the air. Well well, Dust thieves? Maybe he could get his discount tonight. He put the package in his coat pocket, tugging it down with it's considerable weight, and he set off jogging.

Then sounds of combat filled the air, not too far ahead of him. Police and the thieves, maybe? He was nearing a corner and could tell it came from just beyond. There was a flash of purple light, the sound of someone hitting a wall, and Professor Copperfield rounded the corner to see someone, feminine in their figure and the way they walked, in red armor and claw hands, fire dancing between their fingers, approaching someone crumpled against the wall. There was a soft sound of pain, a grunt, from the downed person, and he could tell she was young. And from the light of the dancing flames on the claws, he recognized her. Vlithra Qing Long. A student of his.

Anger flared inside Copperfield that had nothing to do with raised prices or theives. "Get away from her, you bitch!" He snarled, thrusting out his hand as a wave of invisible telekinetic force rushed over the asphalt to slam into the red armored woman with the force of a run-away semitruck. He continued forward, pulling his Rod out from the inside of his duster and pointing it towards the woman, whether she had been hit or dodged it somehow, a little red flame dancing at it's end like a pilot light. He stepped up to Vlithra, crouching down next to her but keeping his eyes and face cast outward. "Vlithra, are you ok? Can you walk?"
Vlithra Qing Long

“Get away from her, you bitch!" Those words cut through the sizzeling heat as Vlithra started to feel the warmth of those sundereing claws draw ever closer to her face. Subsequently the womanly figure in front of her suddenly summersaulted away from Vlithra in a high angle, as the tigress felt a cold breeze fly past her face where her foe once stood. The assailant stuck the landing at the other end of the alley, a sizzling melting noise faintly being heard from the direction. The melting hot claws were assumingly eating into the pavement below as the arm was used to stabilize her fall. On the other side, Vlithra could see her saviour approaching, her vision still a bit blurry she had difficulty identifying them. Though, she was certain she had heard that voice before. It was when her vision cleared after a few moments and the figure came close next to her that she noticed the grizzeled man as he asked on her condition. Professor Copperfield?

“I can barely stand.“ Vlithra utters with a strained grunt as she grabs a hold of her sword and barely manages to get herself up to her feet by stabbing it into the ground and pulling herself up on it, only to slump back against the wall and pushing herself further off the ground into a slightly hunched position. Her legs felt like jelly and her gut felt like she took a canonball right there. Is this what Al had felt like after their fight?
“Is that you... Professor C?“ she asks with heavy breath, still a bit delirious. She was byond roughed up. In all of her time here in Vale, this fight was the hardeest she had ever fought, and it showed both in her looks and attitude at the moment.

"Heh heh heh. Lucky you." Their smile could be heard as the distorted laugh echoed through the alley before she talked in her provocative and smug manner. Before anyone could retort or ask any questions, the woman stabbed their heated claw into the ground and pulled it up with incedible force in an upward slash, sending forth chunks of rock and melted debris at the both of them. With almost no aura to channel her semblance with, Vlithra had to rely on Professor Copperfield to defend her.
Afterwards the assailant was nowhere to be seen. They had dashed away the moment their vision was obstructed by the projectiles.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

The wave of force rushed by her and threw a car parked on the street flying into a nearby building. A fate the woman had been able to escape, to Copperfield's annoyance.

"I can barely stand." Vlithra had said. "Is that you... Professor C?"

"Well you better do it as much as you can. We have to get out of here. Oh and yeah, it's me."

"Heh heh heh. Lucky you." The masked woman laughed. Copperfield tensed and was ready to unleash a torrent of fire hot enough to melt the asphalt around her to tar, when the woman acted first, raking her claws up and sending debris and rock flying at them. The professor changed tactics, though never moved his feet. He swept the end of his Rod against the ground, and a line of heavy and sharp ice crystals erupted from the street to create a wall. Debris and melted rock slammed into it and sizzled before Copperfield sent another surge of raw force, shattering the wall and sending the thousands of sharp ice daggers at where he had seen his opponent. When the steam cleared, the figure was gone. Probably moved as soon as she was obstructed.

Copperfield whipped his head around and raised his Rod, feet spread as he got ready for another attack. But nothing came. He glanced back at her and grit his teeth. She was beat to hell, he couldn't go after the explosion now. The authorities would have to take care of it, he had to take care of his student. He put an arm around her waist and helped her stand. He even spread his coat out to envelop her, just incase this psycho came at them again the protective Dust weave would keep her alive. "Come on, we need to get you back to the school." He cringed as he said it, knowing just how far it was. "Or, do you have somewhere closer that's safe around here?"
Vlithra Qing Long

Vlithra merely saw that a car at the far end of the hallway on the stret had been launched. The amount of power Professor Copperfield could exert when needed had the tigress look on in awe, up until she saw molten debris and rocks fly her way to which she raised one of her hands to shield her face, only to not be met with the burning pain of molten rock, but a chill in the air instead.

Professor Copperfields movements, as he defended Vlithra from the incoming attack, were above all things efficient and effective. The created ice wall intercepted the incoming attack with ease and with just a quick motion he had turned his defense into a powerful attack that sadly missed it‘s mark, with the perpetrator gone from their line of sight. Though both Copperfield and Vlithra remained observant and cautious, until a few moments later when Vlithra breathed a sigh of relief, at least that‘s what it seemed like since her breathing was just that heavy from exhaustion. It seemed like the foe had retreated, as there were no signs of them returning. Though Copperfield didn‘t seem that easily convinced and more concerned with his students safety, grabbing her by the waist to support her standing up fully.
While Vlithra felt weird at first, getting so close to her teacher as he spread his coat around her, she didn‘t have the energy nor the right to complain to him. He did just essentially save her life, besides… Prof. Copperfield was known to always mean well with his students and colleagues alike. His main priority was getting Vlithra to safety and Beacon was waaay too far away at this point…

“There is my uncles parlor… way down the street. It shouldn‘t be far, two… no… five minutes from here.“ Vlithra explained, taking a moment to regain the feeling in her legs before slowly starting to walk alongside Copperfield and dragging her sword behind, toughening out the pain she was feeling in her limbs, but at the very least able to move them again. Obviously she made it to where she was in a few minutes, but given that she can‘t really run at the moment, she figured five minutes were a safe estimation to make.
“Do I owe you something for saving me now?“ Vlithra tilted her head to Copperfield and asked with a joking giggle, before wincing in pain as her gut starting complaining about her laughing.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

The longer time went on without another attack the more Copperfield felt like it might be ok. However he wasn't about to let his guard down. He focused on keeping her on her feet and his head on a swivel. "Uncles parlor then." He nodded decisively.

He certainly hadn't been in this close physically speaking with any of his students, and even holding her where he was, Copperfield still regarded his students, all of them, as children. No matter how far in puberty they were, the thought of him holding her to mean anything more than him keeping her standing and protected would make him gag.

He smiled at her question. She had a sense of humor, which meant she was still lucid and not too badly hurt. "You can start by telling me who that was you were fighting."

He noticed her dragging her sword and frowned. He extended his Rod into a full length metal staff, and passed it over to her. "Use this to walk, I can carry your sword."
Vlithra Qing Long

“Thanks.“ Vlithra takes the metal staff and in turn hands over her blade for Copperfield to take. At the very least her arms were somewhat okay, it was just her legs that caused her problems at the moment. Luckily the metal staff helped mend this issue quite a lot, acting as a way better support than Viridian Naraka did.

“As for your question… I have no idea. This was my first encounter with this figure. I‘ve never seen that faceless visage before and neither does the blood-red armor or that claw ring a bell. She didn‘t talk, not a single word until you intervened.“ she looks at Copperfield with visible concern, before looking forward in thought. Vlithra had seldom seen such combat prowess, even among the top brass. Maybe even her mother would have difficulty standing up to such a menace… this thought scared the tigress the most.

“What I do know is that... she is very… very… dangerous. If I hadn‘t used my semblance the way I did… I doubt I would have held out long enough.“ Vlithra explained, looking to the ground with a frown. It was clear that, emotionally speaking, the tigress had taken a heavy hit to her pride as a fighter. “I know I‘m still learning… but the gap can‘t be that big!“ She speaks through gritted teeth in a more than frustrated manner, one of her hands firmly balled to a fist, aching in the process.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

So she hadn't met the woman before. And the woman was strong enough she beat Vlithra down, and Vlithra was hardly a leightwheight, even for a student. Her Semblance made her incredibly strong and quick, and it would be hard for anyone but an experienced Huntsman to keep up with her. And Vlithra wasn't taking it too well.

"Don't beat yourself up, kid. I've had my ass handed to me plenty of times in the past. And you stayed alive long enough for help to arrive, that's a success against a stronger opponent, believe me." He smiled down at her. "You'll get stronger and fight better, don't worry." He thought for a moment about the explosion, and then the woman appearing...

"Were you headed for the explosion further in town when you encountered her?"
Vlithra Qing Long

Copperfield at the very least tried to make her feel better about herself. He had a point, holding out as long as she did was a great feat on it‘s own against such an opponent. Yet, Vlithra dreaded the scenario where even her best wouldn‘t be enough to live another day. At least Vlithra now had less reason to beat herself up about it.
Though, Copperfield wan't done with his questioning yet...

“Yes, actually. Though she blocked my path when I went through the alley.“ Vlithra mused as she noticed how in thought Professor Copperfield seemed to be.
“Why? You think she could be in any way related to the explosion?“ Vlithra asked, scratching her chin. Her eyes narrowed as Vlithra remembers a detail from their fight, that brutish claw of hers had bathed in blood recently, visible only until the fire had burnt the rest of the red ichor off. It could very well be possible, especially since the woman could move at an incredible pace.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

"Well, Occam says that they have to be. And it makes sense. This place is crawling with Huntsman and Huntresses in training, a big explosion is going to attract trouble for whoever set it off. Putting a fighter like that out to guard against people like us assures whatever they are doing goes without a hitch. Hate it when the bad guys are smart." He paused for a moment and scratched his own chin with the pommel of her sword. "We don't know per se, but it'd be a hell- er, heck of a coincidence."

He reaffirmed his hold on her and took another look around just incase. "You're uncles place should be right around here, yeah?"
Vlithra Qing Long

Vlithra nodded along as Copperfield explained. The reasoning was sound, but Vlithra felt like a fighter of that caliber was above just being a mere watchdog. Then again, such an explosion warrants there being something big going on. The tigress let out a chuckle as Copperfield corrected his speech. It was amusing that he didn‘t try to cuss. The Sirens coming from the area of the explosion aside, the night had gone sort of quiet again. There were no footsteps form rooftops or silhouettes dashing across. It seemed like, the woman had not pursued the two in any way.

“Yes, it‘s the one over there!“ Vlithra points forward to the shop in question. The Azure Dragon lies a bit further in the distance. It‘s light, like some other houses in the area, have turned on. Jay was probably woken up by the noise from the explosion. “Uncle Jay is probably going to be worried sick again…“ Vlithra sighs before looking to Copperfield. "Say, are you going to go investigate once you drop me off?"

Main Theme
Battle Theme

Lights had been coming on, and Copperfield noted some face peaking out from the windows to watch the two Huntsman hobble along the street. He wasn't too surprised people were a little afraid to come out. But it had quieted down significantly. He allowed himself to feel little more comfortable after another slow scan around.

Nothing.

"Uncle Jay is right to be worried, you're hurt." He said, raising his fist to knock on the door, loud enough to be a little annoying. "I don't think I'll leave you just yet. I want to make sure you don't have any injuries your Aura can't heal and that you're safe before I go out."
Vlithra Qing Long

As Copperfield knocked on the door and waited for a response, Vlithra steps in front of him handing him back his staff to take her sword and sheath it. Fighting through the pain she stands herself up as straight as she could and sheathed her sword with a bit of fumbling. “Jay doesn‘t open his door during night time, let me just… there we go.“ Vlithra explains, fumbling in the pockets of her pants to pull out a key and unlocking the door, swinging it open with the entrance bell audibly sounding off their entrance.

“Old man, I‘m… ouff.“ Vlithra is interrupted as she shuffles inside, immediately hugged by the old man. Jay Qing Long fits the description of a wise and old uncle, estimated to be in his early 60‘s at a glance. His hair has started to turn grey in a few select places, yet he was of a solid and not too round build, though slightly smaller than her niece. He is wearing a signature Azure blue garb, one he likes to work in as an occasional ink stain can be seen in places that his usual work apron didn‘t cover.

Due to the blinds being down, Copperfield couldn‘t have seen it from the outside, but now inside the parlor he could definetly see what kind of parlor this was. As an artist in everything concerning ink and tattoos, the waiting area of his parlor was decorated to be amicable to wait in, showcasing a lot of his works for potential customers to take in. In the display window there are some of his works turned inward, among them classic depictions of fairy tales and myths like the Koi‘s Ascension, the Sun Archer and the Four Maidens Tale. At the walls are a few fine pieces of Calligraphy and to the right was the counter and behind it the half open seperator that… well… seperated the reception room from the work room. The asthetic overall is very much like what one would see in Mistrals upper class, very traditional and probably expensive.

“Don‘t make me worry like this dear, you know I wouldn‘t forgive myself if something happened.“ Jay exclaims as the lifted her off the ground. While Vlithra‘s legs were pretty much welcoming the relief of being lifted off the ground, she herself seems to have difficulty dealing with direct parently love like this and can be seen hitting his shoulder as if she was trying to tap out. “I get it, I get it. Not in front of the teach.“ Vlithra complained and is subsequently let down by Jay, to which she stumbles back into a chair, her legs finally reliefed of the weight of her body. “Jay, this is Professor Copperfield by the way. My teach for Dust and Dust Theory. Professor, this is my uncle Jay Qing Long.“ Vlithra introduced them to each other, as Jay goes to extend a firm handshake to the teacher. “A pleasure to meet you.“

Main Theme
Battle Theme

Vilthra got the door open and she wasn't two steps inside before an older but caring man scooped Vlithra up in his arms, hugging her tightly. They greeted eachother and Copperfield stayed outside, taking in the artwork around the entry way that he could see. This man was skilled for sure, and his paintings were probably something Vera would like to see at some point. Maybe he could bring her here sometime.

Vlithra was let down after a long moment and stumbled into a chair. From her sprawled position she introduced them. Copperfield extended his hand and a warm smile, taking the Uncle's hand to shake. Both of them gave firm grips, and the Professor knew he'd like this man already. "A pleasure to meet you as well. I apologize for bringing her here in such a state, but we encountered trouble on the way to the source of the explosion. She was hurt and the school is too far away. May I come in, make sure she isn't too badly wounded?"

Copperfield hardly just walked into someone's home without being invited. It was impolite, and he wasn't interested in being places he wasn't welcome. That was, of course, if they were kind and well-meaning people like Jay here. Criminal's homes or places of business he threw away that regard.
Vlithra Qing Long

“Oh, no it‘s alright. Come right in.“ Jay gestures Copperfield in with a smile, closing the door behind him and locking it. However, he leaves the key in, so that Copperfield can open the door when needed. As this is a parlor, anyone could come in if he didn‘t lock it. He then moves behind the counter fumbling with a few cups. “Dear, you really have to stop putting your body at such risk.“ Jay exclaims as he can be seen starting to brew some tea. He‘d know that Vlithra would definetly want a beverage, she always does.

Meanwhile Vlithra was just slouched in the chair, enjoying the sweet relief of not having to stand on her strained legs anymore. “I don‘t have any wounds, old man. Just…“ she sharply inhales as she tries angling her legs so they don‘t just hang down all slack. “…overdid it with my semblance. I‘ve used it for too long this time… though I had to.“ Vlithra exclaims with crossed arms, Jay frowning for but a moment in response.

“Well, would you like a beverage Professor? I can offer water, tea and coffee if you really need it. Though I must admit, the latter ain‘t going to be anything great.“ Jay mentioned as he placed the tea kettle on the stove and motioned over, where there was a coffee machine sat on a nearby table with plastic cups next to it. There was also a little sign situated in front of the cups that read “Coffee, Free of Charge“.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

Copperfield's eyes widened at the mention of the Holy Beverage. "Coffee." He said with a tone that meant he had completely made up his mind, and a dash of relief. He walked over to it and made himself a cup. He then put enough sugar packets in it to have little grains float around on the surface, unable to continue dissolving. He took a large sip and sighed. "Good enough for me, Jay. Thank you."

He then walked over to the resting Vlithra, took another large pull, and set down the drink. "Maybe you did just overdo it, but I want to make sure." He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small plastic bag with granulated powder, with many tiny specs of different colors. Only a little of it was Dust. "We don't know what that person's Semblance was capable of, so I need to you lie still." Reaching into the baggie, he pulled out a pinch of the powder between his fingers. He closed his eyes and focused for a moment, before slowly sprinkling it over Vlithra's body, going from head to toe.

The powder was an expensive mix of special gems and a bit of Lightning Dust. With Copperfield's Semblance and Aura, he was able to get a visual representation of a person's Aura, how damaged it may be, if there were any holes in it, and if anything was having a lasting effect on it. He had only done it on himself, so this was the first time he'd tried it on someone else.

Vlithra's Aura would appear in opalescant colors, but mostly dominated by her own Aura's color.
Vlithra Qing Long

Seeing Copperfield so estatic about coffee told Jay everything he needed to know about this teacher, so it was with a chuckle he turned his attention back to the tea he was brewing. Vlithra on the otherhand rolled her eyes with a smile almost wanting to say something like: You want some coffee with your sugar? After taking a few chugs of the beverage it was then that the Professor turned his attention to Vlithra, pulling out a bag with powder. The tigress heeded Copperfields request, holding still as much as she can.

It didn‘t took long for this powdered substance to do something. For one, now the tigress had a feeling like she needed to sneeze in her nose that subsided eventually. Also now opalescent colors spread out from where the powder had landed, though with a tinge of the viridian green of Vlithra‘s aura, up until it got to her legs. They were practically mantled in her aura, yet almost like small little whisps there were sparks of neon-green shooting up and down from her legs as if they were transfering energy.

“So, what does this tell you?“ Vlithra asks, curious on what exactly this meant.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

Copperfield sat studying the patterns and flow of her Aura for a minute, silent beside his hand rubbing at some stubble growing on his chin, evidence of his forgetfulness to shave for past few days. Again.

"Well, it seems like she hasn't hurt your Aura anymore than a normal fight would. And that your legs are weak. You should get some rest." He waved a hand and with an effort of his will and Semblance, the lightshow died away. "Sorry about that, by the way. While I was on my own Huntsman adventures I encountered someone who's Semblance allowed them to mess with the Aura Shields of others. Made him damn good at killing Huntsman." He took a long pull from his mug. "And I've heard of others with similar abilities. Didn't want to take any chances with a student of mine." He gave her a smile.

"Is ther anything you noticed about the individual you fought? Any particular piece of jewlery, how they fought, her weapon, Semblance, anything?" He asked, taking another sip.
Vlithra Qing Long

“It‘s fine. I should thank you for looking out for me. I hadn‘t considered that such semblances could exist.“ Vlithra responded as she straightened herself in her chair a bit, now not laying in the chair, but sitting in a more normal manner.

In the meantime, Jay had retreated into the back for a moment as the tea kept on brewing. Leaving the two alone for the time. “Hm.“ Vlithra crossed her arms and closed her eyes in thought, going through her head everything she couold take nmote of in her fight. The armor, aside of it's crimson red coloring, wasn't special from what she could tell. The visor was curious, since it was a pitch black screen that hid her assailants face, but other than that not a point of notice. The weapons, both claws... though with different structures and therefore likely with different functions in a fight. The pondering tigress then opened her eyes moments later looking up, pondering the last optino out loud. “Semblance? No, I sadly didn‘t perceive anything that I could pinpoint as a semblance.“

It was then a clear ding sounded from the counter and Jay stepped out from behind the seperator into the room, taking the kettle and puring the tea into a cup. “What if it‘s an inconspicuous power? Have you thought of that?“ He chimed in as he handed Vlithra a cup of the tea he had prepared which Vlithra accepts with a thankful bow of her head. The sweet fragrant aroma of the Jasmine started seeping outward.

“It certainly wouldn‘t be out of the question. Though there is one specific thing that I took note of.“ Vlithra mentions, raising a finger. “Their left arm, the prosthesis… they didn‘t seem used to it yet. Dunno if that was just a habit, but they kept moving the claws digits. Almost like how you move your limb as much as possible after it has fallen asleep, if you get what I‘m saying.“ Vlithra finished, afterward she took a deep sip of her favored beverage. Such a soothing taste made her feel right better, even if her legs were still complaining.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

No Semblance that she noticed... Jay had a good thought, it could be something more hidden. Or this person was so confidant in their fighting ability they best one of his more physically daunting student's without it. He nodded to the friendly uncle and waited as she thought. Drinking more of the coffee... Damn it was good.

His eyebrows raised at the detail. "Prosthesis, eh? And new... That's a good eye of yours. A+" He said as she took a sip of her tea, then followed her example and drank from his own mug, emptying it. "Thank you very much for the tea, Mr. Qing Long." He stood up and offered him the empty mug. "But I think it's about time I go figure out what's going on. If anything happens, Vlithra's scroll should be able to reach me."
Vlithra Qing Long

“Good to hear that you liked it.“ Jay exclaimed as he took the empty mug and immediately went to wash it. “If you‘re ever around in your downtime, you‘ll be most welcome to sit and have a break.“ Meanwhile Vlithra continued enjoying her brew. However as Copperfield declared that he‘d be on his way it seemed that Vlithra had remembered something else she wanted to say. So before he could move further to the door to take his leave, she spoke up.

“One moment, Professor C. I‘ve been meaning to ask something…“ Vlithra added as she put her mug on a little table to her side and then leaned forward in her chair, resting her elbows on her knees and her chin on her hands. “You as a Dust teach have noticed, right? That the Dust prices are rising?“ She pauses, as if to wait for Copperfield to listen. “Heard that shops are receiving way less shipments nowadays. The rising amount of dust related crimes have the big suppliers spooked... So I believe we might be facing a shortage soon, if this continues that is.“ She seemed to ponder as she finished her sentence.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

He lifted an eyebrow, anticipating her question.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Tell me about it. I've been gathering Dust for a new project of mine and it's been hell on my wallet. You're right, kid. Sellers are already spooked, the expensive high-quality stuff I normally sm- uh, have shipped here is having problems. Some stuff is already being tied back. If this continues, it'll be bad. And more than for just my wallet." He looked to Jay. "Might want to ration for a little while." He looked back to Vlithra and waved a hand. "I'll be back once I'm done, take you back to Beacon myself if you want. See ya." And he shut the door.

He jogged back to where he found Vlithra, wanting to make up lost time. The theives were probably gone already, or whoever made that smoke, but on the off-chance they hit bad luck and got delayed he wanted to catch them. He also kept his Rod ready and his eyes open. That woman Vlithra took on was no joke to beat her so easily, and a sneak-attack would only be natural tactics for a predator like her.
Vlithra Qing Long

Vlithra listened to Copperfield input on the matter. First off, interesting that he was quote on quote shipping dust over for a project of his. Second off, good that he was aware of what was happening out there. “Sure, be safe Professor C.“ Vlithra responded as he left, the door just closing as she finished. Jay then went immediately to lock the door. “He‘s right you know… you should ration your supply.“ he mentioned to which the tigress responded with a sigh. “Sadly can‘t. With the rally happening I‘ll be needing all the dust I have.“ In response Jay simply exhaled through the nose, as if he was worried for her ‘would be niece‘.

As Copperfield went to where he found Vlithra, he could see a thick plume of smoke rising up in the distance, with a bit of red light eminating into the night sky at the location in question. While his attention was warrented it seemed that the woman had not stuck around and left the area completly. No matter how much he looked around there was no sign of her.

As for the site of the explosion, authorities had arrived rather quickly. The central warehouse had been initially engulfed by the flames caused by the explosion, giving the sky a stygian red shine. Medical personell and police had evacuated the wounded on the premises as best as possible while the flames were being quelled. The fire had already died down a lot, but still burned on the inside, preventing any search for survivors.

The recovered bodies of the guards that were found on the outside were critically injured mostly. While there were one or two that were simply choked out, there were mutliple ones that either had their necks or their chests punctured with four wounds in a line across, all of them deep enough to prevent someone from screaming. Naturally an attack with such an effect was lethal.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

But the predator never came. The professor wanted to pummel her into the dirt, but he took a deep breath and stored that anger away for later.

The authorities had already arrived and as one police officer approached him he flashed his scroll open with his Huntsman license and Beacon position. While he wasn't exactly an authority and he couldn't have any jurisdiction, it was enough to allow him closer to the building and to see the wounded. And the dead. Puncture marks, four in a line. Nasty stuff. He thought of those claws the woman had. They could have done something like this. And it wouldn't be too big of a leap to say that maybe her partners in crime had the same weapons. Some warehouse guards had been choked out instead of wounded. So someone on the enemy team valued life, at least. Others didn't. It also let him know that the inside at yet to be searched and his heart leapt.

Copperfield ran to the nearest entrance, a broken down truck entrance with a collapsed metal rising door, made sure nobody was nearby or behind him, and used his Semblance to blast the door outward towards him. It crumpled and shot past Copperfield, the rush of air surging the fire hotter. Using Water Dust stored in one of his rings he turned the flames surrounding the large door into heated steam, activated the Ice Dust woven in his coat to super-chill him, tore an old handkerchief Vera had lent him form his duster pocket and put it to his mouth, then ran inside.

The cool night air outside had been warmed greatly by the fire, but inside was enough to burn the hairs on his cheeks. But this wasn't his first rodeo inside of a burning building. "Hey!" He shouted to the inside. "Anyone still in here?! Hello!?"
Vlithra Qing Long

The only response Copperfield had received was a pained wail from inside, barely audible as the crackling of the fire raged on. There was debris and metal scrap of the exploded containers everywhere, be it on the ground or stuck in the walls or catwalk high up. Speaking of which, there was a stair leading up to such a cat walk that had been completly annihilated by a piece of the container that had cut through it. Hanging on for dear life at an unstable piece of leftover railing was a guard, bleeding from his leg as the fire raged beneath him. He himself didn‘t seem burnt as he was still far away from the fire, but his situation was more than precarious nonetheless as his grip was slowly loosening, threatening to fall into a sea of flames.

Main Theme
Battle Theme

The heat inside the building increased an order of magnitude or three. The metal interior trapped and reflected the heat, causing it to act like a literal oven. Copperfield had to shield his face from the sudden plume of light and the heat until he adjusted a bit. The cry made him turn to see the man in danger. He gritted his teeth, eyes darting around as he calculated. Wind would be best to carry the man over, but that would only literally fan the flames. It could burn him horribly as he traveled. So, fire first. But putting out the fire infront of him would take a tremendous amount of energy.

Think of how much energy it takes to heat up room-temperature water to boiling. Now boiling all the way to steam. That in reverse, to cool, or rather take away, so much energy to cool a fire to nothing would take a tremendous amount of work. However, Copperfield never liked playing by the rules. Cheating was something he could easily manage. Fire was a chaotic high-energy phenomenon, and calming all the little molecules would be too much. Good thing he didn't need to.

His thumb brushed one of the metalic rings he had on his left hand, one that contained Water Dust, and sent out a stream of several dozens gallons worth of water to turn fire into spitting steam. A line appeared from C to the man, of wet ground and rising white steam. Another touch of another ring and a thrusted hand sent an icy chill that almost made C's breath appear despite the oven he resided in turned the water and steam to solid and sudden ice. A third thouch and a grasping and swirling, pulling motion with both hands with a surge of will had Wind answer his beck and call.

"Let go!" He called to the man as wind strong enough to classify as hurricane-winds strong enough to carry away livestock pulled at him. If all went well, he'd be carried right to Copperfield, maybe fall and slide on the ice if he turned out to be heavier than C thought.
Vlithra Qing Long

Grasped with fear the man, at first, did not heed Copperfields call, however it seemed that the strong wind pulling at him was enough to make the guard slip from his already loose grip right to Copperfield, eventully carried onto the ice and sliding towards the professor.
He was startled at first, but quickly got to his senses as he picked himself up and realized his leg was bleeding. Aside of him there were no cries of help, instead the sound of smaller metal structures falling or collapsing joined the cacophany that was the crackling fire all around. As for the ice, it didn‘t take long before it would start melting at a steady pace.

Main Theme
Battle Theme
  • Information