Recycled Takeout [Private w/ Felix Satou]

Vale's downtown with factories, warehouses, offices, bars and restaurants.
Terra Fennel
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Wolf Faunus (Ears and Tail)
Aura Color: Lavender
Semblance Name: Sal Norn
Weapon Name: Peregrine

His smile made her heart skip a beat. It was most likely the heightened feelings from her semblance, but she really enjoyed looking at him. For once, she was thankful she'd sat across from someone rather than beside them. Keeping her hands to herself would have been difficult enough without her semblance active. There was a level of physicality that she'd grown so used to, and it was an easy habit to fall back into even if it was just her being comfortable with someone. She'd learned more than once that it just wasn't the same here, and having it explained to them was different than actually experiencing it. Worse, with her semblance she couldn't quit thinking about more than just leaning against him.

“Don't worry, I'm neither yet. That's only in the plans if Beacon really doesn't pan out.” A bit of mischief and a smirk before she took one last sip of her sake before setting the empty cup on the table. Would her semblance even function if she became that twisted in the head? Would it change? It was a morbid but interesting thought. Not nearly as interesting as him though. “So, what's the plan now that we're done with dinner? Which, thank you again for this by the way. It was delicious.” Not quite as good as Quicksilver's in her book, but she'd only had a few rolls to compare.
Felix Satou
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Fuku
Weapon Name: Dover

He could tell that the sudden rush of affection wasn't just his own. He'd actually smitten her! Well, only a little, but he could tell that the feelings of wanting to be more than just a little bit closer weren't his own. What were the plans now that they were done with dinner? Could he just take her back to his dorm and they could spend the rest of the night getting to know each other? That sounded like fun. That sounded like a big no, as well. No, he would be content with not pushing his luck far enough to earn a slap across the face today. His ears felt hot, but he chose not to make good on that idea. "Well, if you really feel that way, maybe we could go back to my place for a while after this," he mused out loud. Wait, no! That's what he was trying to avoid! "Y-you know, to get to, uh, know each other better in a totally platonic and friendly way. I...er...have stuff there. And things. Instruments!"

He hurried to salvage the idea. "I've got drums, piano, sax, violin, a lot of stuff to choose from back at Beacon. A couch, a bed, uh, ample seating, you know. A television, movies, snacks n' stuff. If, uh, you're not busy and that sounds like fun?"

It sounded like fun to him! How often did he meet someone with such instant good chemistry? The idea of them just going their separate ways once they stepped out the door felt like a painful waste of an opportunity.
"With quiet words I'll lead you in and out of the dark."
Terra Fennel

If she felt what way? Like she should be a murderer if her attempt to become a huntress didn't work? That was one way to respond to a morbid joke she guessed. Why did he suddenly seem so nervous about taking her to his dorm? As the realization hit, her eyebrows shot up in surprise, and her furred ears stood straight. There was no stopping a giggle that shook her shoulders. She knew exactly what he was talking about, and why he suddenly felt so nervous about what he was saying. Quiet thoughts that were often better left unsaid had been as clear as a summer day to the boy. It wasn't the first time her rampant imagination had influenced someone she'd been connected to, but it was certainly the most amusing.

“Things and stuff are nice, and ample seating is nice too. Flat surfaces are great for... Activities.” Her lips were pressed hard to together between her teeth to stop herself from laughing at him again. She shook her head, but not to dismiss the idea. A soft sigh left her lips as they parted again. Her cheeks hurt from smiling. “It does sound like fun, and I don't really have all that much to do on my own, so I think I'll take you up on it.” She could feel the thread of aura between them like it was held between her finger and thumb. Once more she considered breaking it and decided against it. She'd need to while they were heading back to Beacon, which would let his head clear enough to be sure of whether he wanted her over or not. “There's still a chance you'll change your mind though, and I won't hold that against you.”
Felix Satou

He buried his face in his hands as she giggled and poked a little fun at his oh-so-smooth delivery, but the exasperated sigh he had was passing through grinning lips at her acceptance of his offer. Flat surfaces were great for activities, huh? There was probably only one activity that either of them had on their minds at that moment in time. He put the palms of both of his hands under his chin, fingers resting on the sides of his face, elbows on the table. There wasn't a snowball's chance in Vacuo that he was going to change my mind. The only thing that could maybe, and it was a big maybe, get him to tell her he didn't want her in his room was if it turned out she really was some kind of terrorist or murderer.

But even then, Felix was big on forgiveness.

"Change my mind? You, Terra, need to work on your self-esteem if you think I'm anything other than wrapped around your fingers right now." He resisted the urge to make jokes about wrapping things around other things. "Ooooh, or maybe we're both wrapped around each others, like, a holding hands kind of metaphor?" He chuckled quietly, then picked up the scroll that was attached to the table and started tapping away to enter his payment. "I don't feel like wasting time with public transportation right now," for obvious reasons. "I'm gonnaaaaaaa," he let the 'a' drag on for a moment as he put down one scroll and picked up his own. "Get us something a bit quicker to get back to Beacon." Ah, the pure luxury of being able to tap a few buttons and have an Oober driver take them directly where they wanted to go.
Terra Fennel

He wasn't wrong. Her self-esteem could absolutely use some work, but how did one just brush past years of being told she was bad luck, deformed, a freak, or prettier without parts of her that made her who she was? It was getting easier. She couldn't ignore the looks some of their classmates gave her, or the way young men and women on the streets would stare for a moment. Then there were people like Felix who weren't shy about telling her she was cute or pretty, even before her semblance was in effect. There was one voice that stuck out the most when she really got too hard on herself, and it brought back memories of hot water and steam, of a time she never wanted to forget. He'd thought she was bold too.

“Something faster than walking sounds fantastic. I've already been walking around the city all day, which reminds me, I will be hopping in the shower before anything else.” Activities or no, she didn't exactly want to sit there covered in the day's grime. If things did actually get heated, she absolutely did not want to be the sweaty wolf girl he had regrets about touching afterwards. “And you might think you're wrapped around my finger right now, but I'll be letting you loose of my semblance on the way back. It will give us both a chance to clear our head and let any lingering effects pass.”
Felix Satou

"Perfect! You shower at your place, I shower at mine, I can send you my room number via scroll and everything'll be taken care of." It would also give him an opportunity to make sure that his room didn't look too much like a bachelor pad before having a guest over. Not like it was ever particularly dirty. When he was in a good mood, which was most of the time, he never missed the laundry bin or the waste basket. No, he just had to make sure nothing untoward was sitting at the top of his hamper. His shower would probably take less time than hers anyways. He had a routine for his hair, but it wasn't as complicated as his sister's, that he knew for sure.

"Okay, the cab should be here pretty quick and dinner's all paid for. Let's scram!"
  • Information