Rock It [Invite Only]

Hang out with friends at the swankiest establishments in town!
Felix Satou
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Turquoise
Semblance Name: Fuku
Weapon Name: Dover

Felix eyebrows raised and he quickly shook his head holding up his hands. "Oh, no, definitely not. There's, uh, only so much my semblance can bend the laws of physics to my favor. It works with a pretty stunning amount of accuracy for little parlor tricks like this, but I still have to be careful about the risks I take." His hands came back down to rest in his lap. The conclusion she was drawing wasn't a bad one. There was some truth to it! He could definitely take some risks that others could not, especially when it came to his style of combat.

"If I'm driving a hundred miles an hour through downtown traffic I'm definitely going to get into a wreck. I won't ever accidentally cut myself while I'm cooking, but if I try and speed through it like some kind of professional chef I'll be leaning on my aura not to get stitches. I might be able to do a kick flip, emphasis on might, but if I tried grinding down two hundred steps worth of railing covered in ice I'd end up a smoking crater full of coins." The various examples were all ones he'd given before. His semblance didn't give him superpowers or the ability to completely negate danger. It could make close calls out of very bad situations, but not always and not with enough consistency to be relied on.
"With quiet words I'll lead you in and out of the dark."
Ax L Rose
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus - Major Mitchell's Cockatoo - Feathers
Aura Color: Electric Blue
Semblance Name: Harmonize
Weapon Name: Electra Heart + Rebel Yell

Ax's expression was level enough, but she had to fight the urge to respond to his reassurance with a dubious, skeptical motion of her brow. She knew that to actually do so might've thrown the vibe here out of whack, so she burned a little willpower to try keep her expression nonchalant. She tried to be open-minded here to what he was saying, but some analytical part of her was scanning for inconsistencies and other signs of warning.

She did come to a few conclusions in that brief moment when he paused ostensibly to gather his thoughts and decide what kind of example he wanted to give her. Felix had probably had this conversation his fair share of times, and he might have figured she was jumping to a conclusion he'd had to deal with plenty of times in the past. Something they probably both had in common.

They were also just a little off-sync in how they were talking about his. Maybe he wasn't understanding the observation she was making, or maybe he was just that keen to try and reassure her. But even after his example she hadn't exactly been led to the impression she was somehow incorrect about how it worked. She didn't get the impression he was lying, though, either, though it wasn't like she knew Felix well enough to be sure. This would have been a weirdly specific thing to lie about.

No, they were just... not quite communicating on the same page. She pushed down the urge to correct him and pedantically point out that no, actually, his example didn't really refute her initial impression of his semblance. It still sounded like it incentivized and/or enabled recklessness to her.

"Calculated risks, then," she tried correcting herself, her tone conversational and curious - she didn't want to seem accusatory. "What if you had to drive a hundred miles an hour through oncoming traffic? Maybe, I dunno, you had a friend in the car that needed to get to a doctor or really had to go to the bathroom or something. What if you tried real hard to dodge incoming cars, really put in the work? Wouldn't your semblance still give you an edge in that case?"
----------
Crystallize the pain,
Nothing is the same,
Hell is here, and it's here to stay.
  • Information