Golden Orbs ((Closed))

Beacon Academy is known for its impressive skyline. Students like hanging out here too!
Erin Cherrywood
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus - Racoon Tail
Aura Color: Gold
Semblance Name: Vertigo
Weapon Name: Urumi Pendulum

Erin slowly ascended the stairs, legs heavy with apprehension. She hated the idea of meeting up with a boy at night, especially one who reminded her so much of Bartok, but he'd promised to bring her a shiny gift.

"Ugh, can I be a bigger loser?" She asked herself as she trudged up. What kind of moron goes out of her way to meet with a sketchy human for the sake of some shiny trinket.

Her nose wrinkled and her tail drooped. She felt like she was betraying Bartok too. He was the only one she'd ever snuck out to meet up with. Well... she didn't really sneak out to meet up with Pyry, it was still before sunset...

"Sunset..." She paused at the door to the roof. She was gonna watch the sun set with a boy. Did that count as a date? She growled under her breath. "No." She wasn't about to go on a date with anyone.

But she was gonna get the shiny trinket, so she opened the door and stepped onto the roof.
Last edited by Erin Cherrywood on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is no such thing as justice, the best that we can hope for is revenge
Pyry Ward
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Orange
Semblance Name: Tainnuttaa
Weapon Name: Keihäs

Pyry was practically jumping around the roof getting things ready for his meet up with Erin. He hadn't seen the raccoon outside of classes since they'd met at beach. She was sassy, bratty, cranky, and rude but also honest, dedicated, and pretty.

Suuure, the bat and her had something but it was an unspoken thing which meant he didn't have have worry about their party being crashed. Even if Bartok did want to step in it was clear that Erin wouldn't appreciate it.

He shivered in delight as he spread out the blanket and dropped a bunch of throw pillows around. He was gonna have so much fun with Erin.

He laid a picnic basket down and sat down cross-legged with a big grin. Wiggling around in delight he clutched the small box holding Erin's gift. She was going to freak.

The door opened and she appeared. Jumping up, he smiled and waved her over. "You came!"
The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin's eyes widened in horror at the scene before her on the rooftop. Pillows, blanket, picnic basket, sunset. Oh no. Was this a date?!

Her tail bristled and stood on end. How could this happen? She clenched her teeth and took a rigid step forward, tail twitching angrily behind her.

"You!" She growled, angrily pointing at him. "You said this meeting was to give me the shiny thing! All I see is a sunset picnic!"

Stomping over she dropped to her knees next to him and gave him the dirtiest glare. "You lied to me! Give me one reason why I shouldn't leave right now!"
Pyry Ward

Of course she was pissed. He smiled his crooked grin as she stormed over and pointed accusingly at him. He wasn't sure how she'd react to the picnic on the roof when he set it up but he was pretty sure it would be negatively and she didn't disappoint.

He'd met quite a few characters in his time. Usually degenerates and weaklings, but she was something else. She was blunt and honest and he knew where he stood with her, but at the same time she was kind and compassionate in a guarded way.

"Why I never!" He exclaimed in mock horror. "Pyry Ward is no liar." Lifting the small box in his hand he waved it at her. "I have your offering right here. If you want it come chat with me, that was our deal after all." He said patting the floor next to him.
Erin Cherrywood

That cocky ass grin and him patting the spot next to him made her want to throat punch him. He was like a thicker, human, version of Bartok and she wasn't sure what pissed her off more the fact that he reminded her so much of Bartok or that she actually wanted to know more about him.

Her eyes narrowed and she stiffly dropped to her knees across from him, as far back on the blanket and possible. She should just take the damn box from him and be done with it but she had agreed to talk some in exchange for treasure and she wasn't one to go back on her word. "Have I ever told you how much you piss me off?" She asked through gritted teeth as she glanced at the basket.

Sniffing a bit, she felt her resolve start to waver. She knew potato wedges when she smelled them, but she wasn't about to drop her guard for food and a tiny box that might not even have anything good in it. "Fine start talking, but know that I reserve the right to not tell you anything."
Pyry Ward

Suspicious and angry as ever; Erin was definitely someone who gave the illusion of guarding her feelings fiercely even though she really wore them on her sleeve. She was someone he could get used to spending time with.

She was growling insults while eyeing the basket which only made him want to press his luck, after all, when would he get the chance to be this laid back again? Certainly not after he graduated.

As the smell of the food began to fill the air he could see her softening. She was more than a little beautiful with the sunset tinting her features and he smiled again. He wasn't going to rush and ruin his chances just yet.

She gave her consent, fragile as it was, and he leaned back on his palms. "Okay, let's get the obvious out of the way. Are you and the bat a couple?"
Last edited by Pyry Ward on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erin Cherrywood

Erin wrinkled her nose is disgust at the question. Why did guys only care about about her relationship status? "Was that not answered at the beach?" She asked glaring at him as she sat on her butt and pulled a knee to her chest. "No. We aren't dating and we probably never will be." Her tail wrapped around her waist and she put her chin on her knee. "The thing is, Bartok doesn't actually love me - despite his claims. I should clarify that he loves me but is not in love with me. Sure, he tells people he's in love with me and he certainly tells me enough, but it holds no weight as it's all in jest. He jokes and flirts but when I say no he laughs it off. Every time I tell him no he can shrug it off and say he didn't mean it in the first place." Closing her eyes she sighs. "That is not the kind of love I want."
Last edited by Erin Cherrywood on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyry Ward

As she spoke she seemed to fold in on herself and he wondered if it was a self-preservation tactic or just a side effect of her pushing people away all the time. Either way he couldn't help but feel more drawn to her as she spoke. He didn't know Bartok all that well, in fact they'd only ever interacted at the beach, but he seemed an honest fellow.

He'd have to circle back to this topic. "Okay. I get it, time to leave that topic alone. I just wanted to know the competition."

He smiled as he opened up the picnic basket and started laying the food out between them. Maybe she would feel more comfortable with a food shield between them. "Wanna tell me about your family instead? You seem healthy so I'm guessing you have a loving family of sorts?"
Erin Cherrywood

She eyed him warily as he started to lay the food out. If nothing else he was leaving space between them and she respected and appreciated that.

She was eyeing the potato wedges - she knew she'd smelled potato wedges - when he asked about her family. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and grit her teeth. Of course he'd jump from one annoying topic to the another. Grabbing the potatoes she fought the urge to snarl. "Can you not take a hint? Do I look like the kind of person who wants you knowing my life's story?" She took a big bite of a potato wedge and shook her head. Whatever. She'd just get this over with. The sooner he realized she wasn't the girl for him the sooner he'd back off. "My mom wanted a kid but not the responsibilities of a man so she found someone who wanted to have fun but didn't want to have to stick around." She waved a hand over her body. "Hence you have me. So, no, it's not a loving family."
Pyry Ward

While Erin eyed the food he smiled inwardly, it was interesting to see her fight to hold back when it came to the food she so obviously loved - it was worth all the spying he did to see what she'd like.

Pyry tilted his head and arched an eyebrow as she snapped at him. For someone who claimed to want to keep her story private she sure was open about it.

After her short explanation things began to fall into place. She wasn't nearly as jaded as she had fooled herself into believing. "I think I've figured out what your problem is little princess." Before she could respond he lifted a hand to stop her. "Not uh, you had your turn, now it's mine so listen up." He grabbed a piece of fried chicken and started peeling the skin off before looking up and smiling at her again. "Your problem is that you've already decided that no one will ever actually care about you. You see your parents' relationship and have decided that that's all you'll ever get in turn. I think even if Bartok is actually 'in love with you' - as you so aptly distinguished - you wouldn't see it. You are so concerned about turning into your mother that you refuse to let anyone in. Which explains your openness with women and general hostility towards men." Popping the chicken skin into his mouth he chewed slowly. "What do you think of my theory?"
Erin Cherrywood

Little princess?! Who the hell did he think he was? Who the hell did he think she was?! She started to open her mouth but he held up a hand and she was stunned into silence. The audacity of this man!

He started talking about possible reasons for disliking men and relationships in general and she felt a near-overwhelming instinct to tell him to shove it. She wanted to tell him that he didn't know a thing about her but she was mid-chew in a potato so she had to hold off on her reply. Glaring at him she considered the validity of his theory and was upset to realize he might have a point.

She really did not want to give him the satisfaction of being right though, it would set a bad precedent in their relationship. To buy time she took another big bite of her potato wedge - which was delicious by the way - and chewed slowly. She couldn't think of an honest way to deny it because the more she thought about it the more she had to admit he might be onto something. "You might not be totally wrong." She finally relented.

Time to tactfully, or not so tactfully if she were completely honest, change the conversation. "So what's your deal? Of everyone to invite out why me?"
Pyry Ward

She was such a joy to watch as she fought the urge to contradict him. He was used to crooks, liars, and other types of miscreants and try as she might she was no liar. She wore her emotions on her face and couldn't even bring herself to say something that might be a lie.

Her side eye game was strong and only served to draw him in more. Those golden orbs she called eyes were magnetic and he would do anything to keep the conversation going so she didn't leave. It was nice to be around someone who he could let his guard down around, not to mention she was a real looker. The kind of girl he could get to know better.

"Well the immediate answer to that is you are insanely hot and just the right amount of angry." He admitted with a shrug. "I am also pretty afraid of you and your eyes so I feel the need to conquer that fear." He leaned over the food to look her over. "Figured if I could prove you don't intimidate me you might be willing to spend more time with me."
Erin Cherrywood

She hated the way he looked at her; like he knew her so well. Like he liked what he saw. Ask a few questions here, piece together some clues in her answers there, figure out the things she'd been burying away and bring them to the surface. Despite his playboy attitude he had exceptionally sharp observational skills and knew what he could and couldn't say to keep her there. She didn't like that. Not at all.

She narrowed her eyes even more, if that was possible, when he said he thought she was 'insanely hot'. Who just blurted stuff like that out? You didn't see her eyeing him like a piece of meat while announcing she wanted to get closer to him. She was tactful about her attraction.

Wait.

What?

Did she really think he was hot? No time to explore that thought since he kept talking, this time about how she scared him. She blinked in surprise. What was going on? No one. No one. Openly hit on her. Except Bartok, but he hit on everyone. "Oooh." There it was. She remembered him at the beach. He hit on everyone too. Well she wasn't falling for it.

"Who's after me then?" She asked cooly. "Because I highly doubt you'd waste a Saturday night on someone like me."
Last edited by Erin Cherrywood on Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyry Ward

His brows pulled together in frustration and confusion when she claimed he wouldn't waste his time with someone like her. She was more than a little attractive, he thought she was beautiful. Sure she could come off as rude, but she wasn't mean for the sake of being mean. Every time he'd seen her say something it had been done with the intent of honest communication. Granted, she was pushing him away, but it was likely to avoid being hurt by his constant flirting.

He tried to see himself from her eyes and frowned. He must seem like he was trying to manipulate her into doing something she didn't want. He was a lot of bad things but he was not someone who messed with girls who didn't want messed with.

Taking a deep breath, he smiled his crooked smile, and held up the box he'd lured her over with to begin with. "Firstly, there is no one but you little princess. Secondly, I want you to take the gift I promised you. Thirdly, you can leave if you want but I am asking you to stay. Please don't go yet."
Erin Cherrywood

She watched him as he actually thought through his next words. It was kind of a shock; she'd expected another line, which she technically got, but it was followed by him giving her the box he promised her before she even got here and him sincerely asking her not to leave.

Reaching out she slowly took the box from his hand and stared at it for a second. It easily fit into the palm of her hand and hardly weighed anything, but she knew that treasure had no set weight. With her eyes darting between his now serious face and the box in her hand she slowly opened it.

Sitting in the center on a silk pillow was a gleaming golden ring made up of tiny metal leaves. Her breath caught. It shimmered in the dying sunlight as she held it up against the sky. It was beautiful, but she couldn't shake the feeling that she'd seem the pattern somewhere before. Eyeing it intently she tried to figure out what it was from before realization hit and her jaw dropped.

Her head snapped up so she could look at the patiently waiting Pyry. It matched his circlet. Jumping up she glared at him. "YOU HAVE SOME NERVE!" She screamed clutching the ring in her palm. "The audacity! I just met you and you are giving me a RING! WHAT KIND OF GIRL DO YOU THINK I AM?!"
Pyry Ward

She eyed him like a cornered animal and he couldn't help but chuckle. He just didn't understand what he did to warrant this kind of mistrust and hostility, but it reminded him of himself. He acted like he didn't have a care in the world but he spent a large amount of time and energy in making sure he was one hundred percent aware of his surroundings at all times, she just didn't hide it like he did.

Her eyes lit up when she opened the box and even more when she held it up which is how he knew he had chosen the perfect gift. It wasn't the circlet she often pestered him about, but it was the closest he could do with the time limit he'd given himself by asking her out so soon.

Then she snapped. She was standing above him screaming down at him and it took him a second to realize what the problem was. "Whoa now, it is not what you think." He promised holding his hands out in front of himself in surrender. "It's not a proposal." It struck him that she hadn't said no and was still there demanding and explanation, but he quickly shoved that line of thinking away. "It's for your pinky finger. I made it myself. I knew you wanted my circlet, which you still can't have by the way, but I didn't have enough time or material to make you your own. This was the best I could do for a peace offering."
Erin Cherrywood

While he explained she cautiously opened her hand like it might be holding a small monster, but saw only the small ring. Still glaring suspiciously at him she tested it on her pinky finger. It was a pretty close fit.

She wasn't sure what to do with the situation though. Rings weren't a gift a guy gave a girl for no reason. What was the angle here? Most likely he expected her to go out with him now: that was absolutely not going to happen. Sure, she could do a lot worse as far as eye candy went but she didn't know him and he didn't know her. "So what now?" She asked refusing to sit back down, but also not making a move to leave. "Am I supposed to believe this 'gift' comes with no strings attached?" She'd put air quotes around the word gift, but it was a real struggle to not stare at the ring. It was beautiful. Clearing her throat awkwardly she turned her face away. "Did you really make this?"
Pyry Ward

At her question he put on a big grin. "Of course it comes with a price. Nothing is free." The words hung between them while he eyed her up and down, trying as hard as he could to look sleazy before he couldn't take it anymore and erupted into laughter. "I already told you the price though, and you've already paid it. I wanted you to come meet me and tell me more about yourself. You're here and you did. If you want to leave you can, but I will just keep asking you out until I know everything there is to know about you." He winked at her and took another bite of his chicken. "Don't you want to even the odds and learn about me too? I'm sure you'd like a lot of what you see, though there are unsavory parts I'd rather avoid if possible."

He nodded when she asked about the ring. "Yes. I like to make things. I would have made you a flower crown but it wouldn't have been near shiney enough and I wanted to impress you."
Erin Cherrywood

Clenching her teeth she started to step backwards, away from him, while he looked her over. She wasn't some piece of meat and he could be a real creep - or she supposed he could be when he tried to be, but he burst into a fit of uncontrolled laughter that ruined the image.

Don't you want to even the odds and learn about me too? The question caught her off guard. He seemed sincere about wanting it to be a mutual exchange and she wasn't really sure how to take that. She didn't mind making friends, but Pyry put her on edge. He was very much like Bartok in many ways, but he was also different. It was like some bizarre world where everything was pretty much the same but just different enough to remind you that it's not.

Sitting down on her knees and heels again she frowned. "Why would you want to impress me?" It didn't make sense. Sure, she knew she was cute but she didn't exactly dress herself up in a way that flaunted it. "Seriously too. I don't want a smart ass answer, or I'm really leaving."
Pyry Ward

"I don't know that I'm capable of giving you an answer without being a smart ass." He joked with a flirty grin before sobering up and growing serious. "Seriously though? I'm from Mistral. Kuchinashi to be exact. It's not exactly known for it's fun times and good people and I'd guess you'd say I fit right in there. I'm not a nice person and I don't trust anyone any further than they could throw me. I decided while I was at Beacon I'd have 'fun'." Air quotes on fun. "Before you get the wrong idea I'm not trying to have sex with you," He paused and arched a questioning eyebrow at her "well, unless you want to, but I digress. Like I said earlier, you scare me. I am not sure I'd win in a fight if you used your semblance on me, and I respect that. I want to know more about the fierce woman who wears her not-so-fragile cliché on her sleeve. I see you're almost as untrusting as I am and I guess I want us to be the exceptions to each other's general hate for humanity." He shrugged as he eyed her, waiting for her reaction.
Erin Cherrywood

Grabbing a celery stick she glared at him again and made to stand before he grew serious. She'd heard stories of Kuchinashi, plenty having to with the misbehavior of the scum that liked to lurk there. He didn't seem like the kind of person who'd fit in there, and it wasn't just his dress. He genuinely seemed like an okay guy. For as much crap as she gave him she wanted to spend more time with him.

She chucked her half eaten celery at his head when he propositioned her but smiled as he repeated that she scared him. It was always a confidence booster to have a guy twice her size admit he might lose.

Erin had no intention of pursuing a romantic relationship, but friendship she could do. So she slid on the ring he'd made her and got comfortable. "Okay, fine. Say I do decide to spend more time with you. What can I expect?"
Last edited by Erin Cherrywood on Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyry Ward

Pyry smirked and picked up he celery she'd tossed at him and took a bite. She was feisty and that only drew him in more. He considered all the things he would do with her given the chance and he closed his eyes. "Well one thing for sure, I'd make sure you got your fill of shiney trinkets. Maybe you'd let me walk you to class and afterwards we'd walk around looking for things to add to the collection I know you have to have. I'd tell you you're beautiful and you'd hit me. We would go eat every now and again, sometimes picnics, others restaurants or something handmade in the dorms. Obviously we'd have to train so I could hold you close every now and again. And in a few months time you'll find you can't live without me and will want to be my girl." He trained his eyes on hers as the last sentence left his mouth. He didn't really want to date anyone, but maybe in a few months time he'd be the one falling for her.
Erin Cherrywood

It was impossible not to roll her eyes at the picture Pyry was painting, he made it sound like they were some old couple looking back at their youth. He was so ridiculously cheesy. She watched him with a smirk and shook her head at his predictions, which to be honest seemed pretty harmless and she wouldn't be totally opposed to carrying them out.

Then he opened his eyes, brilliant red eyes, which focused on her own gold ones and told her she'd fall for him. Against her will she felt her cheeks darkening in a fierce blush. It was the eyes she told herself. She'd been in love with Bartok's red eyes for so long that she'd trained herself to be a fool for them, not realizing she'd ever meet another red-eyed flirt with a knack for making her heart skip. It wasn't just that though - try as she might to blame it on those stunning red eyes that looked at her like she was special - it was him. The way he was framed by a stunning sunset and how he declared so confidently that he'd win her over through things she'd honestly like... She hated that he was so handsome and that she wanted to reach out and touch him.

"You're impossible! I'm leaving!" Jumping up she grabbed the potato wedges. "And I'm taking these with me." She shouted before she threw open the door of the roof and escaped inside.
Pyry Ward

Erin had become tinted with a blush that made him want to tease her more. She was stunning when she was glaring and telling him to shove it but she was beautiful when she was burning under his gaze. That was his advantage over Bartok; Bartok was the childhood friend, near impossible to beat, but Pyry could look at her - actually look at her - and tell her how beautiful she was without saying a thing. Her eyes were expressive but so were his.

She jumped up, yelled at him again, and made off with the potato wedges. "See you soon!" He called after her. He'd see her again. He had no doubt.

Smiling to himself he laid back on the floor and stared at the sky with a hand over is heart. He definitely wanted to see her more. He wasn't in love, that would be ridiculous since he barely knew her, but he couldn't deny he had a crush. Maybe Bartok had some stories that would help him out. Whether he wanted to like her more or less was up for debate, but know more he would.
  • Information