Dust theory ain't interesting, sometimes [public]

Ranging from labs to lecture halls; where the students go to learn and study.
Alexander Kate
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Black with glows of grey
Semblance Name: The Lone Shifter
Weapon Name: The Devil s Advocate

12:28

Dust theory class. Some students were decisively writing the materials, the second type was slacking off, and the third one was minding own business. And Alex was the third, writing schemes and texts, while not looking at the teacher. It's doubtful that he is even hearing him now.

- Monarch Securities... The Black Hand... What are you hiding? - Shurik was whispering to himself, concentrating on the notebook before him, like it demanded to do so. Eyes are sliding between a text lines with information he gathered from the yesterday. At some moment, he putted a palm to his face, thinking about the current situation he is in. But through the fingers he saw a little Grimm creature. Wait... A Grimm?

Shurik panickily extended his arm to the holster, but his hand stopped, looking at the rat-ish creature in two meters before him. It was... Calm. And seems to be around some blondie. Although it feels like he seen him before...

12:30

The lesson is over by the ringing. Everyone started to gather up their things and go, but Shurik was interested by the Grimm owner, if it can be said like that.

- Hey, - Shurik tried to lean forward from his place, to catch attention of this blond guy, - do you own this... Grimm? - he was still obscuring the creature.
Shurik talks with a little #FFBF00
Richard Hamelin
Aura Color: Green
Semblance Name: Grimm control
Weapon Name: Silver Sound

*Richard definitely belonged in the second category. He had no real interest in Dust, it wasn't his domain and the teacher was so boring that any good will was quickly extinguished. Thankfully, his trusted companion was always there to keep him entertained. When he was approached by a (pretty cute) guy with black hair, asking him about his Grimm, he smiled a bit, but it was clearly an attempt to hide his exasperation over the question being asked over and over.*
"You can say that, yeah. I've tamed him with my semblance. I've also posted signs around to warn other students, see ?"
*He designated a poster, where the rat Grimm was pictured, alongside the sentance : 'This is a tamed Grimm thanks to the Semblance of the Hamelin family. Not hostile. If found, contact Richard Hamelin, student ID : ....*
Alexander Kate

- Wasn't minding them until now. So... - he looked at the poster, squinting his eyes slightly, reading the text. Richard Hamelin... Rick... – Team GNJR? I've met with Nero, who mentioned you. Didn't tell me you have an interesting pet. Are you, like, able to control Grimms? – Alex chuckled a bit, partially joking.

Rich, blond and pretentious, but only two of these things. Well, he is definitely blond, and not very pretentiousness. Rich, then?
Richard Hamelin

*His eyes lit up at the mention of Nero.*
"Ah, you've encountered the younger twin of our two mascots, haha. How'd you meet her ? And yes, I am able to control Grimms, but only low-level ones, and I need to keep using my semblance on them. He, however, is from a special type of Grimm that's vulnerable to our Semblance, so he keeps following orders even when I stop using my semblance on him."
Alexander Kate

Huh, okay. About Nero... We were into some weapon and Grimm books on one shelf, we talked a little. Nice faunus lady. And... I guess your buddy was exposed enough to your Semblance, if he is still taking orders. Or he just became your friend at some point. Pretty nice at scouting, yuh? – he was looking at the Grimm for a couple seconds, then his curious look slided to the Richard.

And mine is... Oh, I got no Semblance, yet. – he shrugged his shoulders witl slightly widened eyes. – Someday, I suppose.
Richard Hamelin

"Well, I don't really know, he was already like this when I received him. But I think he likes me now. He is pretty good at that, but I have other surprises with him."
*He seemed intrigued.*
"Isn't it required to enter here though ? Or it could mean that you're just very good at killing Grimms even without it. Maybe you should help us train, we rely way too much on our Semblances."
Alexander Kate

And you are pretty much right, bud. I could compensate my lack of Semblance by my... Skills. – the last word was said slightly quiet, almost as he was unsure of his abilities. – Training sounds fancy, although I can't do that for now: got some projects on my side. But... Well, you can phone on my scroll, if it will be very necessary. – with slight grin, he ripped a part of the paper from his notebook and wrote a number to call, what he handed to Richard, of course.

...Hm, by the way, what is your weapon, if you are some kind of controller on a battlefield?
Richard Hamelin

*The blonde boy took the paper with a slight nod.*
"Well, to be honest my weapon is the least interesting thing about me. It's just a side thing, that's not really what I use to fight. So I guess I can show you without revealing too much... Here it is !"
*He took out a long, silvery transverse flute.*
"Pretty cool huh ?"
Alexander Kate

Shurik was staring at the flute for a couple seconds. It was too common to call it a weapon, but it must have a hidden functions, then.

...Yeah, "weapon" is not a name for this thing. Sure, looks cool, but what is that does, exactly? Not just to play some song... Right? - he raised an eyebrow, looking at Richard with a little concern about the presented item. – Ya know, it's not really obvious, unlike something like... This. - he pulled a revolver from his holster, directing a barrel into a ceiling.
Richard Hamelin

"That's a nice gun. Well, sorry dude, but I ain't gonna tell you all my trade secrets just yet. If you wanna see what I'm capable of, then you'll have to find out yourself..."
*He snickered, happy to have managed to create some mistery about himself.*
Alexander Kate

Hmph! Fair enough. – that's was quite a smirk on his face: excitement and some mystery. Well, he can only guess, what he is and what he can do. Maybe he will learn a trick or two.

But either way, it was a nice distraction from his previous plans. He need get back to work, because this night won't be easy.

Well, I have cards up my sleeve as well. It was nice to talk, but I'm probably gonna go now. Any more questions? – he putted the gun in the holster casually.
Richard Hamelin

"Yeah, I'm leaving too, I'm done with classes for today. Wanna maybe go get something to drink ? I need to wake myself up after that..."
*He gently petted his rat's head while talking.*
Alexander Kate

Classes were so dull, eh? Yeah, drinks would be... Nice. – Shurik checked his stuff in the bag, until going out of the class. With Richard. After the conversation, Shurik was visibly thinking about something. And that "something" was Dust companies.

After some time, Shurik decided to ask: – So, bud, how have you ended up in Beacon academy? Family legacy? – he was looking forward while walkin' and talkin'.
Richard Hamelin

*He snickered a bit.*
"I thought you talked with Nelo. She hasn't mentioned we from Mistral, originally ? It's been a few weeks since we came here, student exchange programm or whatever. But if you mean why I became a Hunter, then yes, it's tradition in the family. Our Semblance is inherited, you see, so some of them hope that we can be the one to end the Grimm's threat for good, with our Semblance. But it won't be thanks to me, my Semblance's way too weak for that. What about you ?"
Alexander Kate

End Grimm's threat, huh...

Interesting concept with hard realization. Seems that his family doesn't have that much influence, or others don't see a necessary in Grimms as the pets like Richard's. Even if his bloodline will be able to stop Grimms, that will cause some... Controversy in a society. Besides, no one still knows, where are Grimms coming from so they can control everyone of them.

At least, no one knows, who would share that information.

Well, it's my family too, but rather by my choice that I want to become a Huntsman... – yet his nerves got jolted again by his anger and memory of unsolved gestalt he swore to finish when he will become like a father. Although, how much will it take? – ...So, anyway, what do you like to drink, bud? – Alex grimace became more relaxed. Tried to be.
Richard Hamelin

*The not-so-subtle shift in his epxression startled both Rick and the Rat. If Rick managed to hide it pretty well, only squinting for an instant, the Rat showed it's teeths and started to hiss at him.*
"C'mon bud, not now... Sorry 'bout that, he's sensitive to strong emotions. Still a Grimm after all. Gimme a minute to calm him down. And to answer your question, I like tea, coffee, soda, and not alcohol."
*He started to play his flute, and the creature visibly relaxed.*
  • Information