our bonds glitter as they connect us! [private]

Ranging from labs to lecture halls; where the students go to learn and study.
Kiera Ambers
Gender Identity: Cis female, She/her
Race: Faunus (Goldfish)
Aura Color: White
Semblance Name: Pay It Forward
Weapon Name: Wishbone

Kiera's tail whisked absentmindedly as she packed her notebooks away into the backpack she always had with her on schooldays, adorned with emblematic pins and keychains. Most of her other classmates had since packed up and left, but as she always does, the faunus had zoned out as soon as she had sat in her seat - proof of that stretched across the front page of her final notebook, nonsensical drawings and scribbles having worked their way onto yet another page of what was supposed to be notes.

Man. She needed to start listening to lectures soon. But that could start tomorrow - this was her final class of the day! Now she was free to run around and make some more people smile. Speaking of, that better start here.

"Aaaaaaaanyone else still here? Need help with anything?" Kiera asked, drawing out her words with a stretch. Any fatigue from sitting around could be worked off - it was time to help people!
listen to kiera's playlist!
TOP SECRET, DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blabs in #4040FF
Nero Zine
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus Snake
Aura Color: Dark Blue
Semblance Name: Affinity Change
Weapon Name: Caduceus

*While looking at her with interest, another faunus, a snake one this time, gently elbowed her neighbour. They both had ginger hair and lots of freckles, but the dude was a human.*
"See ? That's the girl I told you about."
Jack Olen
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Human
Aura Color: Red-orange
Semblance Name: Fire absorption
Weapon Name: Those Hands

"The newly arrived faunus ? Yeah, she looks like the type to be bullied. Let's ask her."
*Both fire-haired students came to speak to her.*
"Hi, sorry to bother you. I'm Jack and that is my sister Nero, and we just wanted to say that if someone's botherin' you, and you don't wanna bother the teachers, you can.... Talk to us, ok ?"
Kiera Ambers

It seemed like her call had been answered! Two similarly-redheaded students seemed to murmur amongst themselves before making their way up to her. Kiera smiled, eagerly extending out a hand in greeting. "No problem at all! The name's Kiera, what do you need help..."

She trailed off quietly, Jack's words churning in her head. What kind of things would bother her here? The way they spoke felt a little foreboding, she wouldn't lie... but whatever was the problem here, she wouldn't let it bug her, and she would try to fix it! Her dad did always say issues to her were like water off a duck's back.

Kiera cocked her head gently to the side, wide smile across her face. "Same goes for you two, then! If anything's bugging you 'round here, you're more than welcome to come tell me about it. I'll fix it up as best I can!" Formal greetings over, she let her curiosity get the better of her. Jack's feature had to be something under the surface, right? "You two're faunus?"
blabs in #4040FF
Jack Olen

"Well, she is, but not me."
*Jack answered as he shook her hand.
Nero Zine

"We're from a mixed family, our father's a faunus, but not our mother. That's also why we don't have the same family name."
*Explained Nero as she shook Kiera's hand when her turn came.*
Kiera Ambers

That was... "That's even cooler than I thought!" Kiera's eyes glittered with interest as she shook the twins' hands. "My dad's a human - I was pretty much raised by humans, actually. Never met a pair like you guys, though. Real nice to meet'cha!"

Initial pleasantries over, the faunus racked her mind for what to talk about next. "How long have you two been at Beacon? This school is huge. If you need any help getting around, I'm here!" Ignore the fact she was definitely even newer. Since she'd arrived (and even before that, during her brief visits in her youth) she'd been mapping out her way through the school and surrounding city for just this purpose - which was a feat, considering how bad she usually was with directions. "What made you guys wanna come to school together?"
blabs in #4040FF
Jack Olen

"We..."
*Jack tried to answer before he was cut by Kiera's rambling. He smiled like he usually does when he's starting to get a bit overwhelmed by people with too much energy.*
Nero Zine

*She detected her brother's troubles and answered for him.*
"We arrived something like two weeks ago, for a student exchange programm. We studied at Mistral before. And, huh, we're in the same team, so that's why we're together here. Our teammates are busy somewhere else."
Kiera Ambers

"You guys studied in Mistral? I'm from Mistral!" Despite originally hailing from there, the blonde hadn't ever considered settling for any school other than Beacon - despite all the people who warned her against picking a second-choice school. And these two were in a team, too! Kiera couldn't wait to be in a team! She hopped up from where she was sitting excitedly.

"What was it like going to school there? And what's it like being in a team?" She asked, doing a few mock-karate chops to make her point. "Most of the Huntsmen I've met work alone. I've always wanted to end up in a team once I got to school, though."
blabs in #4040FF
Jack Olen

"It's nice to be in a team. Mainly 'cause we complement each other so well. We've got the tank, I'm the big damage dealer, she's the annoying ranged one...."
Nero Zine

"Hey, fuck you !"
Jack Olen

"... And we have the adaptable wild card. Mistral was fun, but nothing too special. You've met a lot of Hunters ?"
Nero Zine

"Why did you go to Beacon then ? It's not like this school is any better than the others."
*Nelo's words made some peoples grunt, but she ignored it.*
Kiera Ambers

Kiera let out a hearty laugh as the siblings fired some shots between them. "I think it's good to be a ranged fighter. Better to reach 'em before they reach you. I'm not good at the whole distance shooting thing, though." Missing targets by a whole five feet was one of the humorous highlights of her many years spent training, so at least she had that - If she couldn't be a good shot with it, she at least could be funny. Looking to Jack, her tone grew a bit sheepish.

"Well, not too many, but enough I think. I spent a couple years traveling Anima with my mentor. Most of the ones we met ended up separating their teams right when school ended, including her. I really don't get them." She explained, segueing into answering Nero's question. "The first trip she took me on was to the Vytal Festival, and we visited Beacon while in Sanus - It was the first academy I got to visit. Couldn't keep my eyes off it since!"

She couldn't forget the way her upperclassmen (were they still upperclassmen if they had probably already graduated??) had fought that year, and she felt excited to go to Beacon all over again. You're already there, dummy! "I don't think Beacon's better, but I think each school has their own special stuff to offer." Probably. She didn't know a ton about them.
blabs in #4040FF
Jack Olen

*He shrugged when she told him about ranged fights, and then answered about the schools.*
"Honestly yeah, they're pretty alike, but it's nicer to be near a forest than mountains, I think. It's easier for the team to move around. And the Grimms here are a bit less annoying."
Nero Zine

"Yeah, well I hate it ! You know I love climbings..."
Jack Olen

" 'Fuck you mean climbing ?! All you do is throw gravity dust at the floor and bounce around like a rabbit on meth !"
Last edited by Jack Olen on Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Zine

"Yeah, well maybe sir Jack wouldn't have so much trouble with our school's Grimms if you deigned use a weapon and not your fists !"
Jack Olen

"My fists works well enough !"
Nero Zine

"Yeah, until you have to fight a Nevermore or a Griffin !"
Last edited by Nero Zine on Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Olen

"I killed the last Nevermore we fought !"
Last edited by Jack Olen on Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Zine

"Yeah, 'cause Grise and I grounded him ! Until then, all you could do was wave at it !"
Roisin Treacy
Race: Faunus (Dog tail)
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Fetch
Weapon Name: Fang and Claw

“Hold up, you killed a Nevermore?! The conversation was abruptly interrupted by the dog Faunus interjecting herself into the group.

Rose had been ready to be bored stiff by yet another lecture. Thankfully, it was the last one of the day. She had been casually reclined in her seat but had spun around the instant she heard talk of killing Grimm behind her. Now she sat backwards on her chair, straddling the seat while resting her head on her crossed arms. She eyed the gossiping students; a small blonde girl, and a red haired boy and girl who looked really similar. Weird.

“You’re kidding me, right? Those things are huge. How the hell did you take it down?” Whether or not it was true seemed less relevant than how interesting the story would be. Rose focused on the boy, her dog tail wagging curiously behind her.
Roisin 'Rose' Treacy - The fiery free-spirited tomboy
Colour: FF0000
Main Theme
Nero Zine

"Yes Jack, tell us how you managed to bring it down with no ranged weapon."
*Sarcastically answered the younger twin.*
Last edited by Nero Zine on Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Olen

*The bigger twin groaned before answering :*
"It was a team effort. My sister here and one of our teammates destroyed it's wings and pinned it to the ground, our other teammate strengthened me and I dealt the finishing blow. I punched through the eye socket directly into the brain, and it looks like that did the trick."
Kiera Ambers

"A Nevermore?!" Kiera repeated, voice syncing with the newcomer to their conversation - though the blonde was a little too caught up in the story to notice Rose's presence right away. "They're massive! How do you even find one?!"

Even she knew the answer to that - Grimm were attracted to strong negative emotion, yadda yadda, she could practically hear one of Faye's lectures in her mind - but, "Imagine being pissed enough to attract one of those." There was a little humor in the situation, mostly because she wasn't in it. "I heard there's some huge Grimm in the forest. My mentor kinda kept me away from anything too deadly, so I can't wait to finally throw down with one."

Speaking of situations, she finally took a moment to turn to Rose and give her a wide smile, flinging her hand out for another handshake. Introducing herself was like a second nature. "Hi. I'm Kiera!"
blabs in #4040FF
Roisin Treacy
Race: Faunus (Dog tail)
Aura Color: Red
Semblance Name: Fetch
Weapon Name: Fang and Claw

Rose smirked as the twin girl seemed to tease her brother into explaining himself. Her eyes seemed to shimmer brightly as she listened intently to the full story. It sounded like an epic fight. Rose wished she could have been there to see it.

An equal level of enthusiasm radiated from the blonde girl. She was right too; Rose found it hard to imagine being that level of pissed off to attract such a hulking Grimm. The idea made her chuckle as she crassly remarked, “You gotta be a real miserable bastard to attract something like that on your own.”

Now that the red-head looked at the blonde – Kiera – more closely, she noticed the telltale markings of another Faunus, as fish-like scales ran across her skin. She grinned at the slightly too formal handshake, but took it none-the-less.

“I’m Rose,” she introduced herself. Her gaze flicked to the older pair, eyeing them up with interest. “And what about Team Twins over here? You got names or what?”
Roisin 'Rose' Treacy - The fiery free-spirited tomboy
Colour: FF0000
Main Theme
Jack Olen

"I'm Jack O'len, and this is my sister Nero Zine. Written with an 'R' but pronounced like an 'L'. It's foreign. We're both from team GNJR."
*The ginger boy spoke with the tone of someone who's repeated this a thousand times.*
Last edited by Jack Olen on Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Zine

"And while we're at it, yes we're actually siblings, no one was adopted, yes I'm a faunus and he isn't, that's 'cause our mom a human and our dad a faunus. That's also why we don't have the same family name, 'cause they couldn't marry when we were born."
*She was using the same tone as her brother.*
  • Information