A moment of your time please (private with Copperfield)

Ranging from labs to lecture halls; where the students go to learn and study.
Eiji
Gender Identity: Male
Race: Faunus (Canine ears and tail)
Aura Color: purple
Semblance Name: Apex
Weapon Name: Malice and Mercy

The bell rung as the lecture ended. It was the third class Eiji had taken. It was odd. When Eiji signed up to be a huntsman he was experiencing more hands on survival and training. Being stuck in a uniform and listening to someone speak was, well it isn't useless. It's simple to take information one says and jot in down in a book.
As everyone vacated the class room talking about what their plans for the day might be Eiji waited for the majority of the class to leave before walking up to Professor Copperfield. Hello, interesting lecture today, I had a question though. You kept talking about Dust, What is Dust? Eiji asked him in earnest.
Professor W B Copperfield
Race: Human
Aura Color: Transparent light blue
Semblance Name: Forzare
Weapon Name: Foci and Rod

Most kids were quick to leave his classroom. He always summed it up to them having other classes to get to. That must be it, not enough time inbetween classes to linger. The ones who did always had pressing questions. Eiji was today's.

The strong young man waited for most everyone to leave, which meant it was something sensitive. Didn't want others to hear. He was putting supplies that he had used for the demonstration back into his closet when Eiji asked his question. Copperfield laughed. "The stuff that gathers on your dresser when you haven't touched it in a while." He set down a box, made sure it was clamped tight, then turned to see Eiji. His face was... well it was earnest.

"You're... not serious, are you kid? You know what Dust is, come on."
Last edited by Professor W B Copperfield on Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eiji
Race: Faunus (Canine ears and tail)
Aura Color: purple
Semblance Name: Apex
Weapon Name: Malice and Mercy

My, dresser? Eiji asked aloud. In a normal mind with normal neurons firing one could parse the sarcasm at face value. Eiji came to the same conclusion not because he was normal, it more had to do with him not owning a dresser, Or any furniture at all for that matter. I do not, the way you have described Dust in your talk earlier makes it seem, fantastical. However i have come to recently find out that most of anything that could be called fantastical is a myth, or a deception. Case in point was his fight with what he had thought was a golem turned out to be a another student.
If it helps you to understand I come from Menagerie EIji often found that to be a good excuse for his ignorance. He continued I do not wish to imply you are deceiving me. Im just having a hard time believing your words. The concept of Dust he had gathered from the professor's lecture was somewhat antithetical to his world view. Eiji could make fire, It took an ember and some fuel. The thought it and other things like water or electricity could pop out of thin air, no he couldn't accept that.
Professor W B Copperfield
Race: Human
Aura Color: Transparent light blue
Semblance Name: Forzare
Weapon Name: Foci and Rod

Copperfield blinked. This kid wasn't serious, was he? "Menagerie... has Dust too." He stated slowly before shaking his head.

"Alright, well, don't believe my words." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small Fire Dust crystal. "This is Fire Dust. This stuff heats the school during the winter, keeps Atlas from freezing to death. It and Combustion Dust power cars and vehicles. Gravity Dust powers the airships that you can see at the port." He tossed the crystal to Eiji.

Clearing his throat, his coat would start to be covered in frost. "This is Ice Dust, threaded into my clothes. Dust is fantastical, Eiji. It's amazing, and humanity and faunus would have perished to the Grimm hundreds of years ago if we didn't have it."
  • Information