Faunus History and Ethics: A Cat's Eyes See All

Ranging from labs to lecture halls; where the students go to learn and study.
Vera Noire
Gender Identity: Female
Race: Faunus: Cat (ears and tail)
Aura Color: Black
Semblance Name: Heure De Noire
Weapon Name: Canne de Carabasa and Eclair Noire

Another typical day at Beacon Academy. Today, Professor Véra Noire was in the middle of an advanced level course lecture on the history of Faunus, specifically going over the history of Menagerie from the founding of Kuo Kuana to the island nation's role today as a safe haven for Faunus who do not wish to live in the four Kingdoms. She seemed very passionate about the subject, as could be expected given she was a Faunus herself who had lived in Kuo Kuana for many years, and as a historian she was uniquely qualified to teach about Menagerie. Unlike a typical oral lecture, Professor Noire chose to use a projector mounted on the ceiling to play a slideshow featuring notes to copy, historical pictures and maps of Menagerie that detailed its expansion from the original settlement into the multi-city island nation it is today, and even a few pictures from her own collection of Kuo Kuana, a few of which featured herself and sometimes her adopted son. Before she knew it the bell rang, signaling the end of class, much to the professor's disappointment. "Alright class, we shall finish this lecture on Thursday. I intend to bring a traditional dish from Menagerie to share with the class, so if nothing else let the promise of free food motivate you to come to class!"
Akiko Momiji
Race: Faunus Fox Ears and Tail
Aura Color: Light Blue
Semblance Name: Kishin Glyph
Weapon Name: Inazuma

The sun shined from the glass pane into Akiko's eyes, Another day of classes at Beacon Academy for her to get through. Akiko listened along to the professor's lecture on Faunus History and Ethics, especially for the day's subject which focused on Menagerie's history. She watched as the professor was very passionate for her lecture, bringing out the many copies of historical pictures, maps and even pictures of their own collection from photos of themselves. The bell rang soon after, signaling the classes end. Akiko started to pack her things up a bit, her ears soon perking up to the sound of food being brought into the next class. Akiko also took the time to take some quick photos with her scroll for extra notes. Her own curiosity soon came around coming up to the professor's desk as everyone else was making their way out of the classroom. Taking up a chair and hanging out a bit as she wasn't in no big rush anywhere.
Vera Noire

Véra was busy packing up to go as well when she noticed Akiko pull up a chair as the other students made their way out of the classroom. "Ah, Miss Momiji, can I help you with something?" she asked the student curiously. It wasn't often that someone approached her after a class with a question. Maybe she'd managed to pique a student's interest in the subject for once. Perhaps a fellow citizen of Menagerie, given Akiko was a fellow Faunus?
Akiko Momiji

Akiko perked up as Professor Véra asked if she needed help, the pictures of Kuo Kuana peaking her interest as she wanted to know more about how living on the settlement was like before the expansions. "Y-yeah, so how was life like before in Kuo Kuana? I've heard only old stories from my parents when they were younger and I want to go to Menagerie someday, whether it be for missions or just visiting." Her tail waved back and forth as her curiosity lingered, also the thought of food being brought in class affecting her thinking too as her fingers twitched a bit. She didn't know as much since she was raised in Vale for most of her life, mostly being used to the urban setting as compared to somewhere with more of a humid tropical feel.
Vera Noire

Véra wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that request. She leaned against her desk and tapped her chin thoughtfully. "My mother told me stories of her childhood in Kuo Koana. It's grown a lot since then, and even when I lived there it was continually growing. It's a very crowded city since Menagerie does not have much fertile land to live on. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not actually older than I look, so I don't have any first-hand experience to offer, only stories. I would wholeheartedly recommend visiting though, it's a lovely city."
Akiko Momiji

Akiko's ears perked as she listened to the professor, recalling her stories of her mother's childhood and other things as Kuo Koana grown in time. She kept the thought of what Professor Véra was going to bring to the next session, the sound of food making her slightly drool a bit as she quickly noticed and wiped her mouth. "You said that Menagerie didn't have that much fertile land to live on, so were crops scarce of variety of food? I guess I could say that there was more seafood as compared to vegetables." Akiko tried to figure out what the professor was going to bring, the sudden sound of her stomach growling broke her thought. She covered her belly in reaction, flustering as she reached into her bag real quick to pull out some shortbread and taking a few small bites.
Vera Noire

"Well, rice, tree fruits, and seafood are staple foods in Menagerie. Noodles and other kinds of goods can be imported from the other kingdoms. Vale and southern Anima are areas where most of Menagerie's imports come from. I remember my mother told me once that she had a friend who was a pineapple farmer just outside of Kuo Kuana. I'm pretty sure his family are still there to this day." All this talk of food caused Véra's stomach to growl as well. "Perhaps this discussion would be better had over lunch. How about some pinapple pizza? My treat."
Akiko Momiji

Akiko thought about the professor's offer, pineapple pizza for lunch with the professor seemed like a very good idea. She wanted to know more about traditional food from Menagerie, eyes gleaming with joy as she thought about the tropical delicacies and how it affected how some of the many dishes of Remnant took influence from what Menagerie had to offer. "I am so down for it! - I m-mean, thank you for the offer, I would like to eat lunch with you professor!"
  • Information